Three houses got a leak release in the Philippines

If so, I fully expect pirated version of the game to be sold/shared before the actual game. But I'll hold my breath. Even if this has happened, it doesn't necessarily mean any given leak is true without proof.

The post says that a few local stores posted on social media that the game was ready, which is different than them actually having and selling copies of the game. There's no proof that anyone actually bought a copy from any of those stores and managed to get the game months early.

While some evidences suggest that the game had fairly high level of completion by the end of last year (already have English localization UI even on E3).

I doubt the game are in distribution more than 2 months from release date.

3 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Don't forget, Kingdom Hearts 3 and I think Smash, got sold a few months before their releases. So it COULD be true. 

IIRC those were both about a month before, not MONTHS before. The KH3 case was also somebody hijacking a shipment.

The chances FETH is gold yet is pretty slim, let alone on the streets a full two months before release.

6 minutes ago, Slumber said:

IIRC those were both about a month before, not MONTHS before. The KH3 case was also somebody hijacking a shipment.

The chances FETH is gold yet is pretty slim, let alone on the streets a full two months before release.

Well, the Japanese localization is probably done entirely already. And Nintendo holds it back for En and EU location, so they can release world wide the same day... Yet I honestly wouldn't be surprised, if there's already copies floating somewhere around the world. 

25 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Didn't Shadows of Valentia also get leaked to the public far in advance of its intended release date?

Yes it did. However, that was three weeks out from japanese release, not months.

Edited by Tryhard

19 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Didn't Shadows of Valentia also get leaked to the public far in advance of its intended release date?

That was, like, less than a month in advance of the Japanese release - the game would've definitely gone gold by then.  We're in the murky territory right now with Three Houses where it either could be gold or may not yet be at that stage.  That, and in SoV's case it wasn't some retailers getting copies early to sell, it was the game being distributed for free by an insider.

Incidentally this is the most credible Fire Emblem leak on Reddit this week. 

I don't have any knowledge of shipping to base this on, but I don't doubt the possibility of something like this happening even two months from release. Worldwide launches are hard to coordinate, these things tend to happen. This game has been delayed multiple times that we know of, so if you told me one of the release dates shipment companies were told was May 16th, I'm certainly not skeptical. It would fit with the "Spring 2019" release window they were planning before the last delay. 

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Not only that but the Smash Ultimate case was a result of people unlocking the lock on the Switch, since all the copies came from the Smash Ultimate Switch that came with Ultimate downloaded. 

Then stores in Mexico broke the street date but that was like, a week or so before the actual release.

2 hours ago, Disclaimer said:

That seems... uh, extraordinarily unlikely. It's doubtful it's even gone gold yet, let alone gone into distribution. We're over two months out. 

Retail copies of Kingdom Hearts 3 got leaked nearly 2 months before release. So there's some sort of precedence this far out.

Regardless, it seems like this instance is probably a listing error.

Good grief, is it me, or does IS really seems to have problems with release of their games ? First, it was Revelation, then SoV, now this ?

Well, dunno if it's true or not, but sheesh, I'd be worried about my reputation in their places at this rate. :p

Well I don't know if this is real or not(I doubt it is tbh) not that it matters that much since we're almost there by that time the games usually leak a week or 2 before the full release.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold