Silhouettes for New Special Heroes Banner

Jave

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Bride Reinhardt on a flying unicorn wielding Meister Thunder with Close Counter and Vantage built in.

May not be far from the truth if my guess of Olwen is correct... :P

19 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Also, what if the silhouettes are Maria and Michalis? 

Oh yeah, that is a possibility.

I still think the hair on the female looks closest to Olwen though.

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, that is a possibility.

I still think the hair on the female looks closest to Olwen though.

Olwen not loli enough to fit that tiny looking female. 

2 minutes ago, Bloom said:

Olwen not loli enough to fit that tiny looking female. 

That female doesn't look THAT small to me. And neither Selkie nor Lethe are loli either and people are guessing them. Olwen is no shorter than they are.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

That female doesn't look THAT small to me.

I'm going off what appears to be a very delicate and small looking hand on the left.

2 minutes ago, Bloom said:

I'm going off what appears to be a very delicate and small looking hand on the left.

People are still guessing Selkie and Lethe and all and they're not loli.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sure, but they're pretty small and slim.

13 hours ago, eclipse said:

Oh hi Lethe.  My inner masochist wants Subaki on the other side. . .

I thought Subaki at first, too. But it could be Sephiran to match Sanaki? Not in a pairing way!

edit: Plot twist! It's Anna dressed as a groom!

Edited by silverserpent

1 hour ago, Bloom said:

Sure, but they're pretty small and slim.

Olwen isn't any bigger than they are.

Edited by Anacybele

32 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I thought Subaki at first, too. But it could be Sephiran to match Sanaki? Not in a pairing way!

edit: Plot twist! It's Anna dressed as a groom!

If it is Sephiran I am in trouble since he is my second most wanted new unit in Heroes.  

Edited by EricaofRenais

I don't really see Olwen on the left. Olwen's hairstyle seems to be cut on a straight line at slightly above the neck and the silhouette's hair seems a bit messier than that. It fits Fjorm, Lethe or Selkie, but not Olwen.

Come to think of it, Sakura also seems to be a candidate for the left silhouette.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Good.  My sanity wants all the female units on this banner to be of legal age, not "technically legal".

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Good.  My sanity wants all the female units on this banner to be of legal age, not "technically legal".

you mean like the last bride banner?... oh wait nvm

39 minutes ago, Jave said:

Come to think of it, Sakura also seems to be a candidate for the left silhouette.

I doubt we'll be seeing Sakura anytime soon. If there's one character that is a definite no show on this banner it's her cause her japanese seiyuu is currently studying abroad. Now they could recast but I doubt that'll happen for quite some time.

59 minutes ago, eclipse said:

48 minutes ago, Hilda said:

you mean like the last bride banner?... oh wait nvm

I find this funny because we never had any "technically legal" characters in Bride Banners. The very illegal, and always stated to be a regular beorc girl of age 10, Sanaki doesn't count because they never told us she is actually 3000 year olds.

And if Ylgr is indeed in the new banner she doesn't count either because they told us she is a normal human child too.

Your sanity is safe for now. :)

Except now that I think about it the 15 years old Bride Lyn might belong in a bit of a gray zone. It really just depends on which country you are in and how old you are as a player. If you are 15 like there's no problem.

6 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Except now that I think about it the 15 years old Bride Lyn might belong in a bit of a gray zone. It really just depends on which country you are in and how old you are as a player. If you are 15 like there's no problem.

Yeah, but I honestly prefer Lyn being 18 not so much because of marriage eligibility, but because she just never looked any younger to me. Her original FE7 art, Heroes art, doesn't matter, she's never looked THAT young to me. She always looked at least 18 imo.

12 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

You know, I don’t care if it has been explicitly stated. There is no way in hell Lyn is only two years older than Delthea. My suspension of disbelief can only be stretched so far before it snaps in two.

Though since I haven’t actually commented on the silhouettes, I’ll do so now. The left is almost assuredly Fjorm simply because more OC alts are the quickest way to disappoint me. And speaking of disappointment, I won’t be shocked if the right one is Lyon to pile even more of it on. 

Oh, and inb4 bride Nowi is the TT reward.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but I honestly prefer Lyn being 18 not so much because of marriage eligibility, but because she just never looked any younger to me. Her original FE7 art, Heroes art, doesn't matter, she's never looked THAT young to me. She always looked at least 18 imo.

I get what you are saying and I agree. However as long as something is remotely plausible I always stick to what the original author says. And a 15 years old Lyn with that body is plausible, if a bit of a rarity. In junior high I met a girl born in Russia who was 14 and veery tall and busty. Sometimes people get growth spurts sooner rather than later and they often aren't very happy about it, because it sucks when all of a sudden you need to buy clothes designed for adults.

EDIT: One thing worth mentioning is that if they continue to make Lyn's boobs bigger and bigger, it will become harder and harder to believe she is 15, but if we stick to the art from FE7 it's all reasonable. As I already said there are 15 old girls like that in the real world. If you pick a sample of 100 girls of age 15, there will always be a couple that will make you go "wait, she is actually 18 right?"

Edited by GrandeRampel

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

You know, I don’t care if it has been explicitly stated. There is no way in hell Lyn is only two years older than Delthea. My suspension of disbelief can only be stretched so far before it snaps in two.

To be fair, like Lachesis Delthea has fallen victim to the lolification process as I call it. Just look at her gaiden art, it looks childlike. But not at this point like her "new" look. If Blazing sword would have been released 10 years later who knows how Lyn would look. 

Edited by Stroud

17 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I get what you are saying and I agree. However as long as something is remotely plausible I always stick to what the original author says. And a 15 years old Lyn with that body is plausible, if a bit of a rarity. In junior high I met a girl born in Russia who was 14 and veery tall and busty. Sometimes people get growth spurts sooner rather than later and they often aren't very happy about it, because it sucks when all of a sudden you need to buy clothes designed for adults.

Yeah, this I understand because I have the opposite problem. I'm small and look more like a 15 year old than 28 year old and I still have to wear girl-size clothes sometimes because adult ones can be too big. But as you said, it is a rarity.

17 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

EDIT: One thing worth mentioning is that if they continue to make Lyn's boobs bigger and bigger, it will become harder and harder to believe she is 15, but if we stick to the art from FE7 it's all reasonable. As I already said there are 15 old girls like that in the real world. If you pick a sample of 100 girls of age 15, there will always be a couple that will make you go "wait, she is actually 18 right?"

And yeah, this too. I hate that some women have had their busts enlarged in Heroes because they're clearly doing it for sexualization. Kagero is kind of a victim of this too. She was somewhat busty to begin with, but Heroes made it worse for her. And WHY? Her bust looked fine as it was, and same with Lyn's. They just look less attractive to me with larger breasts, honestly.

Edited by Anacybele

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And yeah, this too. I hate that some women have had their busts enlarged in Heroes because they're clearly doing it for sexualization. Kagero is kind of a victim of this too. She was somewhat busty to begin with, but Heroes made it worse for her.

You are forgetting the biggest offender: Camilla.

Just try to compare how she looks in Fates with how she looks in Heroes and Warriors. It bothers me a lot. I wouldn't have minded it if she always looked like that, since I don't mind or find unrealistic Loki's curves for example. 

And I hate the opposite kind of adjustments either.

Like how in Mortal Kombat 11 every single woman got a breast reduction.

I already know that I won't be happy with how Tifa will look in Final Fantasy 7 Remake too...

Why do they feel the need to arbitrarly change things up. Is it so hard to stick with the original design?

Edited by GrandeRampel

3 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

You are forgetting the biggest offender: Camilla.

Just try to compare how she looks in Fates with how she looks in Heroes and Warriors. It bothers me a lot. I wouldn't have minded it if she always looked like that, since I don't mind or find unrealistic Loki's curves for example. 

Honestly, I haven't seen any difference in Camilla's case except in her hot spring art. And I think a lot of us agree that that art is horrible. xP