Special Heroes Appear: Bridal Belonging (May 21 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Feels like it is when you really want to post the video and all but are beaten a lot by one person who doesn't even seem to play the game. I think I only managed to get a thread in before him two times while a bunch of others he makes it faster.

Wouldn't you feel disappointed if you got beaten to the punch a lot in something you really wanted to do first?

i wouldn't. 
at thispoint i'd know that someone gets this done at the top of the hr and not bother. 

Edited by daisy jane

RIP AR defense:

RIP infantry pulse Teams due to pulse smoke

RIP rally traps due to Fjorm

RIP Aversa(although that kinda allready was avoidable with a dancer)

So do i need to go Flier hug ball?

though Harsh command+ was long overdue

Edited by Hilda

16 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I don't find Sigrun/Tanith odd at all. They're captains of Begnion's Holy Guard, Sanaki's bodyguards, which is basically the same level Titania and Soren have with Ike, I think that's enough merit to have a spot.

The difference is that people actually talk about Titania and Soren (Soren especially).

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

in starting a thread in a forum?
no. 

Just one thread? That's not a big deal. But when it happens over and over, then it becomes kind of irritating. If you still don't get that feeling even then, then...well, as Soren says, I can't begin to relate to that kind of thinking.

I remember Fire Emblem Fan had a similar experience when he really wanted to post the FE6 banner. He complained a bit, but nobody seemd to care much. Why am I getting called out and he didn't? Not that I think he should've been, mind you. I don't think either of us should be.

Anyway, fair that this thread ought to be the base for the merge, as it was posted first. But I still don't deny being disappointed.

Edited by Anacybele

Got my Fjorm guess right. It really was just the art that made her look loli-sized.

Not really interested in these older characters, though Fjorm looks pretty cool. She'll also be amazing in AR with that assist-canceling staff. The pulse smoke is very nice for AR too, but I don't think I'd pull for that, especially not when the unit shares a color too.

I'd like Fjorm but I'll probably be skipping for Astra and continued CYL savings.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Just one thread? That's not a big deal. But when it happens over and over, then it becomes kind of irritating. If you still don't get that feeling even then, then...well, as Soren says, I can't begin to relate to that kind of thinking.

well i edited it.  but no. there are a lot of things to be bothered about - starting threads. in a forum is not one of them. like. who cares that you are first? it's not a contest. it's not a race. no one cares that Coolmanio starts it. no one (but you) would care that you started it. people just want a thread to see the video, and discuss the video/the new units/skills. not who started the thread. 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I remember Fire Emblem Fan had a similar experience when he really wanted to post the FE6 banner. He complained a bit, but nobody seemd to care much. Why am I getting called out and he didn't? Not that I think he should've been, mind you. I don't think either of us should be.

Attention much? it doesnt matter who created the topic. You seem to have a tendency to create drama for no reason.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I hate this. Pent, AND Louise, AND Sigrun, AND Tanith. Four characters who aren't even in the game proper, and now the only way to get them is from a LIMITED TIME seasonal? IS, what in the heck are you smoking?!

At the very least, Louise is pretty much guaranteed a spot for this year's Farfetched Heroes if she doesn't make it in on a standard banner before then. It seems they've realized people want more game representation and that they've killed off too many non-seasonal banners with seasonal ones.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He complained a bit, but nobody seemd to care much. Why am I getting called out and he didn't? Not that I think he should've been, mind you. I don't think either of us should be.

Because you respond to everyone who responds to you. If you leave it be, no one will continue the argument.

"Bride Fjorm? That's weird. I've been stalking her dreams for months, she isn't interested in anybody."

-Kiran

I'm generally okay with units not in the game showing up in a goofy outfit but this is a little much. Well...thinking about it. Any Bride Banner I expected would have been "a little much". Louise is the one I would have wanted most anyhow, so I guess I hope I free pull fjorm since I don't have a flying healer. Her skill set seems pretty interesting too, since her weapon's text is so small I'm not going to strain myself to read it.

Personally I don't mind if Coolmanio makes all the banner threads from now on. I've always liked the idea of all the threads in a series being started by the same person since it makes it easy to search for them in the future.

Quite honestly, the sole fact that there is an argument over "Who makes the thread first" is pretty pathetic.

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I hate this. Pent, AND Louise, AND Sigrun, AND Tanith. Four characters who aren't even in the game proper, and now the only way to get them is from a LIMITED TIME seasonal? IS, what in the heck are you smoking?!

same as Noire, Charlotte, and Bruno. 
they are in the game that should be the important part. 
and it's a groom, that people wanted - a summonable groom. 

and Louise can be +10'ed. (easily/cheapily via grails). 

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Quite honestly, the sole fact that there is an argument over "Who makes the thread first" is pretty pathetic.

Indeed. This behavior is ridiculous, time and time again, too.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I suppose it doesn't matter too much, but it's still weird. Why post about a game you don't play? If you don't play it, you don't really care about it, right? So... I'm just confused.

And Coolmanio's post confirms your confusion was of your own doing.

You really need to think about your logic to your actions more before jumping to conclusions. Your line of questioning was not necessary.

I also dunno what was up with FEF's situation as I did not witness it, but it's irrelevant to now. You're engaging in whataboutism.

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

well i edited it.  but no. there are a lot of things to be bothered about - starting threads. in a forum is not one of them. like. who cares that you are first? it's not a contest. it's not a race. no one cares that Coolmanio starts it. no one (but you) would care that you started it. people just want a thread to see the video, and discuss the video/the new units/skills. not who started the thread. 

Well, like I said, I don't understand your thinking.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Attention much? it doesnt matter who created the topic. You seem to have a tendency to create drama for no reason.

lol this is hardly about attention. I don't care about getting attention. In fact, I hate it. I never understood why anyone ever thought I just want attention. I really don't. I'm just disappointed that I got beaten for the umpteenth time at making a banner thread.

But it looks like no one will understand me here, so I'll do as Ice Dragon says and stop responding

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

They heard people wanted new characters but they also wanted seasonal so they got confused and made the new characters seasonal.

Also Ana shut up everyone came here to discuss the new banner not to hear your complaint about Cool posting first. 

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sigrun and Tanith in general are odd choices because i feel like they're on the lower end of Tellius popularity. Like, when people talk about their favorite Tellius characters, i never see those two whereas Pent and Louise do have a following.

Sigrun was 422 RD and 455 PoR on CYL1, 415 RD and 435 PoR on CYL2, and 205 in CYL3. Tanith was 498 PoR and 597 RD in CYL1, 522 PoR and 605 RD in CYL2, and 358 in CYL3.

Sigrun is only an NPC in PoR, whereas she becomes playable in RD, so that explains her ranking. Tanith is a very solid prepromote in PoR with her very unique Reinforce skill in a game where fliers rock. Hence her PoR version ranks higher.

But the CYL results show neither was exactly popular, though 205 probably isn't all that bad by Tellius standards for CYL. Although Astrid was 177 on CYL3 I see, and would have made perfect sense as a Runaway Bride on this banner just castrate her two contenders and leave them off the banner. Lucia (152), Volke (155), Boyd (180), Stefan (189), Edward (204), Jill (52), Ilyana (67), Jorge (161, meme), Shinon (86), all also ranked above Sigrun and were skipped.

206 CYL3 was also Sephiran I'm seeing.:mellow: His normal attire could easily pass as wedding wear:

sephiran_en.png

Volug was 210 as well, and we all know he's dressed for the consummation. Ashera was 212.

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

Now I'll have to start hoping for Osian on every seasonal banner.

...Most of them would not be particularly good fits. Summer could work, though. Or picnics now that that's a thing.

How about New Years'? How else am I going to pop the cork from my champagne but by throwing an axe at it? Pugi is the only axe classy enough to be worth using for the job.

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So first off... never played any Tellius games beyond the first two or three maps of PoR, so... gimme a moment to see who the hell Tanith and Sigrun are.

Begnion, the country Sanaki rules, as the Holy Pegasus Knights and the Holy Wyvern Riders. The latter serves the imperial Senate, the former the Apostle. Sigrun is commander of the core of the Holy Pegasus Knights- the Holy Guard- which serves as the Empress-Apostle's bodyguard, and Tanith is the subcommander of the Holy Guard. 

Sigrun appears only as an NPC in PoR, but becomes playable in RD. Tanith joins in PoR as a very good prepromote, who can summon 2 semi-controllable NPC Pegasus Knights and 1 Falcoknight twice per battle to help fight. Tanith rejoins with Sigrun in RD. She also has a slight preference towards swords over lances.

Both share in an unshakeable devotion to Sanaki, serving her regardless of anything that is said about her. Sigrun is serene and kind, though she can muster anger against those who oppose the Apostle. Tanith is strict and gets angrier easier, with a less feminine and more "manish" appearance. Tanith means well, she isn't a mean person at all, but her young subordinates in the Holy Pegasus Knights fear her, while they love the gentler Sigrun.

17 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

1f37f.png

Delicious! Thank you!

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well, like I said, I don't understand your thinking.

lol this is hardly about attention. I don't care about getting attention. In fact, I hate it. I never understood why anyone ever thought I just want attention. I really don't. I'm just disappointed that I got beaten for the umpteenth time at making a banner thread.

But it looks like no one will understand me here, so I'll do as Ice Dragon says and stop responding

"I don't care about attention, I hate it"

Then you shouldn't have cared about being first in the first place or complaining about this.

"Surely they'll give us Bride Anna this time after everyone wanted her last year and she did so well in CYL3. Right?"

What the fuck is Fjorm is doing on this banner?

But I guess it's cool that Tanith and Sigrun are tying the knot.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

"Surely they'll give us Bride Anna this time after everyone wanted her last year and she did so well in CYL3. Right?"

What the fuck is Fjorm is doing on this banner?

But I guess it's cool that Tanith and Sigrun are tying the knot.

Poor Anna, Fjorm gets two alts before she can even get one, I'm convinced someone at IS just hates her cause she is certainly popular enough for one