Special Heroes Appear: Bridal Belonging (May 21 ~)

Coolmanio

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Of course people are complaining about the alts. Why wouldn't they complain the alts?

If you notice, people are also complaining about there being new units as well. Maybe IS should just release a banner with no heroes on it whatsoever? That surely would appease both sets of people!

I jest, of course, but the video itself has an overwhelming ratio of likes to dislikes, so the people complaining are just a minority.

25 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

What I wonder is how isolation stops dancing. Status debuffs go away after you end your unit’s action, so how’s it going to stop you from being danced if your move’s already over before dancing can even be used?

As you say, it probably won't stop units from being able to be danced, so it will need to be applied to the dancer instead, if you don't want the dancer to dance. It can further throw a wrench into dance-centric AR teams by forcing typical rally-dance setups to attack instead of rallying and getting danced. The skill would probably be too powerful if it could completely block the assists through the entirety of the enemy phase.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the video again so I could take a good look at the art and damn do I Love Tanith's dress.  Her dress is what my dream one would look like.  Good thing the two units I like the most on the banner share a color.

1 hour ago, Alastor15243 said:

What I wonder is how isolation stops dancing. Status debuffs go away after you end your unit’s action, so how’s it going to stop you from being danced if your move’s already over before dancing can even be used?

Looking at it again, you're right, that's weird. It does say "through its next action," which means the effect would be gone by the time Dance is available in the first place, but it also says units can't be the target sing or dance, so maybe this status just works a bit differently than others.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Looking at it again, you're right, that's weird. It does say "through its next action," which means the effect would be gone by the time Dance is available in the first place, but it also says units can't be the target sing or dance, so maybe this status just works a bit differently than others.

That's future proofing.  If/when they add skills that inflict Isolation after combat not being able to be targeted by Dance will matter.  Until then just try isolating the dancer instead of the target.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Very odd that they're giving Louise as the free unit on this batch when from a business standpoint, it feels any of the other 4 units would have made a lot more sense. 

Bow cavs are very rare and she was a top 25 unit in CYL3. 

Guys. I just realized that Siegbert’s Dark Greatsword got powercrept. Remember how he had a Swift Sparrow Sword?

Sigrun is coming with the same thing, but that can be refined.

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

Very odd that they're giving Louise as the free unit on this batch when from a business standpoint, it feels any of the other 4 units would have made a lot more sense. 

Not Fjorm, though. Really, Sigrun and Tanith would make more sense. Sigrun above all else, I feel.

1 minute ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Guys. I just realized that Siegbert’s Dark Greatsword got powercrept. Remember how he had a Swift Sparrow Sword?

Sigrun is coming with the same thing, but that can be refined.

Not Fjorm, though. Really, Sigrun and Tanith would make more sense. Sigrun above all else, I feel.

Agreed. I forgot about Fjorm. She's skills packed and a rare unit type. 

Edited by Vince777

This reminds me, I can't believe we have three flying healers in the game now and none are Elincia. She's like THE flying healer, man. She was a Peg knight healer before Awakening and Fates made it more normal and she's a major character in her games. Hopefully IS makes Elincia the first flying healer to be in the normal pool, if not as a legendary though. The other flying healers are all seasonal.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Honestly this is old news by now. They are often giving away the most popular character as the free unit insteas of on the banner. It all started with Groom Marth. He was the most popular character rather than Tharja according to CYL 2. And according to CYL Canas was more popular than the units that got put on the banner except debatebly Flying Nino. Hot Spring Camilla is more popular than the other royal siblings but was the free unit, Rutger was more popular than all the units who actually got on the banner except Idunn, Haar was about as popular as Ranulf and definitely more popular than the other beasts and was free, Young Azura was the free unit for Adrift and she was either the most popular or the second most popular after Camilla. The list goes on.

I’m still kinda hoping they make Erinys the first flying healer in the regular pool since by all means she was the first one. She’s probably the only FE4 character I care about that’s not in FE yet. 

26 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

That's future proofing.  If/when they add skills that inflict Isolation after combat not being able to be targeted by Dance will matter.  Until then just try isolating the dancer instead of the target.

I know we can do that. The question is just how it prevents units from being the target of dance/sing. I don't even play AR so this doesn't really effect me in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Jave said:

I’m still kinda hoping they make Erinys the first flying healer in the regular pool since by all means she was the first one. She’s probably the only FE4 character I care about that’s not in FE yet. 

...Who?

Well, regardless of who she is, I can't agree. Elincia is more well known and important. Many people would probably have the same reaction to this Erinys as I did since from your statement here, she's from a Japan-only game, whereas they'd know who Elincia is.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Florete said:

I know we can do that. The question is just how it prevents units from being the target of dance/sing. I don't even play AR so this doesn't really effect me in the first place.

The effect goes away after the unit's next action, which means if the unit acts after the status is inflicted, they can be danced.  The fact that the unit can't be danced is irrelevant for a ploy inflicted debuff, because the unit will always have an action to get rid of the status.  That part of the status will become relevant if/when we get things like and Isolation staff or Isolation smoke, that inflict the status after combat.

The text is there to make sure everyone knows exactly how the status works, regardless of when it is inflicted.  It's like Special Spiral specifying that it only works on specials that trigger before and during combat, instead of specifying that it doesn't work with Galeforce.

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This reminds me, I can't believe we have three flying healers in the game now and none are Elincia. She's like THE flying healer, man. She was a Peg knight healer before Awakening and Fates made it more normal and she's a major character in her games. Hopefully IS makes Elincia the first flying healer to be in the normal pool, if not as a legendary though. The other flying healers are all seasonal.

Oh get over it. I'm sure we'll get Legendary Elincia as a staff flier someday, but stop whining every time a staff flier that isn't Elincia is added

9 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Oh get over it. I'm sure we'll get Legendary Elincia as a staff flier someday, but stop whining every time a staff flier that isn't Elincia is added

...How is that post whining, exactly? I even said exactly what you did here that hopefully she will be a legendary flying healer. I did not "whine."

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Who?

Well, regardless of who she is, I can't agree. Elincia is more well known and important. Many people would probably have the same reaction to this Erinys as I did since from your statement here, she's from a Japan-only game, whereas they'd know who Elincia is.

She was known as Fury before CYL officially localized her name. She’s the only flier you get in FE4 Gen 1 and gets staves on promotion along with lances. 

Normally I’m one of the last people to complain about alts, but if given the choice on who to pick for a regular pool staff flier, I’d go with Erinys myself. 

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

She was known as Fury before CYL officially localized her name. She’s the only flier you get in FE4 Gen 1 and gets staves on promotion along with lances. 

Normally I’m one of the last people to complain about alts, but if given the choice on who to pick for a regular pool staff flier, I’d go with Erinys myself. 

...Okay? Still never heard of her. And I still don't know why anyone would pick an unknown Japan-only character over a well known internationally released main character, but okay.

I'm not really complaining about Fjorm being here, even though I would have put just about any female in this over her. In fact, I'd have replaced her with Anna. All I did was voice surprise that we have three flying healers that aren't Elincia and that I hope she's the first flying healer in the regular pool. That's all. Not complaining or whining or anything, just voicing a damn opinion. Geez.

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Okay? Still never heard of her. And I still don't know why anyone would pick an unknown Japan-only character over a well known internationally released main character, but okay.

By your logic, they shouldn't even release these characters at all.  In reality, nothing really stops you from playing the games in the Fire Emblem series that you haven't yet played.

Genealogy did better in Japan did Tellius games did, I believe. I'm sure there are Fire Emblem fans that wonder who the fuck Kieran and Marcia are. Pretty sure you'd still want both eventually added to the game. 

Elincia makes more sense with Amiti, her proof sword, and I'd rather have new characters than new alternates. Erinys probably makes more sense with a lance but at the very least she doesn't have a proof weapon. 

There's probably never going to be a flying staff in the normal pool anyway. 

Edited by Vince777

15 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Aren't there only 4 slots of legendaries left? Do you think they'll add more afterwards? 

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

By your logic, they shouldn't even release these characters at all.  In reality, nothing really stops you from playing the games in the Fire Emblem series that you haven't yet played.

Genealogy did better in Japan did Tellius games did, I believe. 

Elincia makes more sense with Amiti, her proof sword, and I'd rather have new characters than new alternates. 

There's probably never going to be a flying staff in the normal pool. 

...What? What are you talking about?

So? Doesn't change the fact that more people know of and like Elincia and that she's a main character whereas this Erinys isn't. And Tellius's sales haven't stopped IS from giving us a lot of Tellius characters lately.

Elincia already has an Amiti version. She could wield staves in PoR and RD, she makes just as much sense as a healer. Two Amiti Elincias makes little sense to me.

Nah, I think there will be at some point.

Edited by Anacybele

15 minutes ago, Jave said:

You forget to mention she could also use swords unpromoted. And, that her green hair, the signature trait of all Jugdrali playable and multiple if not all unplayable Pegasus Knights, along with the staff usage as Falcoknights, is what served as the gameplay + hair inspiration for Elincia. And that she is Lewyn's T776 canon wife heavily suggested as a possibility in FE4.

Although Gen 1 Genealogy has only 3 females left to add and 9 males.

"who...?"

It's frankly frustrating for people that have played most of the games and love Heroes and wish for it to include characters from all these universes when other players just dismiss those from the games they haven't played.

You have Kieran in your profile. Pretty sure you'd love him in Heroes at some point. He scored less than Erinys did in CYL3 despite it being a japan-only game, one that you could play in your language if you really so wanted. 

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What? What are you talking about?

So? Doesn't change the fact that more people know of and like Elincia and that she's a main character whereas this Erinys isn't. And Tellius's sales haven't stopped IS from giving us a lot of Tellius characters lately.

If we take that stance to its logical conclusion then it wouldn't be favorable to Tellius.

I mean, shouldn't we just make Elise the next flying healer? More people know of and like Elise in comparison to Elincia after all.

If we take popularity and how known a character is then we might as well make alts exclusive to the Fates Royals and Lucina.

Tellius and Jugdral in the same boat as lesser known or lesser sold games. A Tellius fan going on  about how Jugdral doesn't deserve reps for not being as well known is inherently hypocritical.

Edited by Etrurian emperor