Special Heroes Appear: Bridal Belonging (May 21 ~)

Coolmanio

It so happens that I run Flier-heavy teams so seeing Sigrun, Tanith and Fjorm pleases me. Also finally, Pent is in the game and FREE LOUISE!

Here's to hoping I get any of the banner units.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

This is really debatable. In Part 4 of RD there are still moments where Yune let's Micaiah take control of her body to talk with Sothe in base conversations and stuff and some plot points like the death of Lekain involve Micaiah directly so of course she needs to be herself here. Plus we discover stuff about Micaiah in part 4 and people talk about her. Like you know, Sanaki discovering her connection to her and being afraid to confront her about it. 

So she still is a big presence in Part 4, a presence that interacts with people. A presence that's felt. Oversadowed by Ike and Yune? True, but you can't say that she is removed from the scenario.

And to be fair even Elincia was overshadowed in Part 4 since she really has no role to play except being one of the royals fighting. Basically the same screen time as Tibarn or Nailah, if not less.

Without Micaiah, Yune wouldn't be interacting with anyone at all, since Micaiah is the only compatible medium.  Micaiah being 'removed' as a character doesn't impact her importance to the plot at that point.

By contrast, I think the Crimean civil war doesn't contribute to the overall plot of RD very much.  You can't remove Micaiah without seriously affecting the main plotline of RD even after Yune takes over, you can remove the Crimean Civil War (and therefore Elincia's POV chapters) without impacting much.  At best, it's another step in getting the entire continent stuck in war, but that point is fulfilled by Crimea getting involved with the war between Begnion/Daein and the Laguz alliance anyways.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I mean, shouldn't we just make Elise the next flying healer? More people know of and like Elise in comparison to Elincia after all.

Elise is more popular than Sakura right? Although Sakura would make a little more sense given she naturally had Sky Knight access. But Elise does have a FEW support with Hinoka, we can pretend she learned to fly from her. 

6 hours ago, Icelerate said:

And how would Awakening be okay with just Lucina as the 2nd gen? Is she going to be able to survive by herself in a post apocalyptic world? I doubt she's that powerful. 

But that I meant none of the other Gen 2 Awakening characters do anything in the game's plot. Due to reasons of variable hair color and total gameplay freedom about when the player chooses to recruit them, not a single other kid appears in the plot. That is what I meant by they weren't needed. One could pretend they all died nameless in the doomed future and Lucina alone managed to come back in time, and nothing in the plot would change.

Sure it'd leave Lucina without her present set of supports, make her story sadder, and shrink the playable roster. But I'd assume they'd whip together some new characters from the present time in their place, and give Lucina supports with them and people who already exist. This wouldn't happen because Best of Fire Emblem: Swan Song wanted to reference FE4's two generations, but if they didn't feel like making this reference, they could have nixed the non-Lucina kids.

Well in that case, I think we need Goldoa representation from Tellius as it currently has zero. You can't get worse than that. 

I'd take that as well, although Goldoa having four playables, one boss, one person who is canonically powerless, and another is rather lifeless. Goldoa could be filled in real quickly.

Also, nothing stopping FE4 from adding other characters not directly affiliated with the gen 1 to the army. Much like how Binding Blade does it. 

Not quite sure what you mean here, care to clarify?

4 hours ago, Hekselka said:

If I didn't know the character I would think that she's a Yandere with the way she's looking.

Her character ending title might call her the Lady of Violets, but if you smell her breath, it's definitely Rosé. 

14 hours ago, Hilda said:

since the introduction of more Armor effectiv weapon (daggers or unique ones) null follow up and Alm. As in: its an indirect nerf but Armors have become way less effectiv as supertanks in AR and Arena. At least thats what i am seeing in Defense wins

Daggers are effective against Armor Emblem? I usually would just use tomes or staves unit for any debuffs at that point.

10 hours ago, Astellius said:

If you notice, people are also complaining about there being new units as well. Maybe IS should just release a banner with no heroes on it whatsoever? That surely would appease both sets of people!

I jest, of course, but the video itself has an overwhelming ratio of likes to dislikes, so the people complaining are just a minority.

That's not the problem for me. The problem is complaining about characters who are practically new characters & talking like it's not actually them.

I don't know anything about Sigrun & Tanith other than what's said in "Meet The Heroes", Sigrun volunteering to sacrifice herself for Elincia, & apparently they're both mothers to Sanaki?

But I do know that Pent & Louise are perfectly fine as it is. Even hypothetically they never get to in the game as their original selves, being on horses doesn't change this is still a faithful depiction of these 2 couples. That fact they groom & brides alt is only better & I'm completely indifferent to them

The fact that you people are debating the importance of Micaiah and Elincia, with Anacybele of all people (then again, it couldn't have been anyone else), here of all places is really disappointing.

The fact that anyone ever debates with Anacybele anymore is disappointing.

41 minutes ago, Florete said:

The fact that you people are debating the importance of Micaiah and Elincia, with Anacybele of all people (then again, it couldn't have been anyone else), here of all places is really disappointing.

I couldn't agree more. :):

Edited by Diovani Bressan

50 minutes ago, Florete said:

On the one hand, that's kinda mean to say publicly, even if Anacy is guilty of such.

On the other... kinda have to agree, but only because Anacy doesn't really seem to learn or teach anything.

There's people on these forums I'd glady be proven wrong by, because I usually learn something from them. And if they're reading this, they probably know who they are. But then there's those arguments where nothing is learned and you come out feeling like you wasted a lot of time on nothing...

Sorry Anacy, I mean no offense.

Edited by Xenomata

Well aside from acknowledging that eclipse's post a couple pages back fell on deaf ears, I've decided that I'm not going to bother with this banner until I get my evil bab Tiki or fail trying probably the latter. Otherwise, I would like to get everyone here for collection purposes at least. Well, aside from the OC shit stain, that is.

54 minutes ago, Florete said:

Well, I guess they wouldn't have named this place "Serenes Forest" if it wasn't supposed to burn to the ground!

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Well aside from acknowledging that eclipse's post a couple pages back fell on deaf ears, I've decided that I'm not going to bother with this banner until I get my evil bab Tiki or fail trying probably the latter. Otherwise, I would like to get everyone here for collection purposes at least. Well, aside from the OC shit stain, that is.

Good luck on getting evil bab Tiki! She's amazing!

Strangely conflicted on whether I should pull on this banner. I'm trying to live an honest life of pulling only New Hero Banners but most of these units are...hrm.

Bah, what am I saying, they're brides. Not capital N New Heroes. Stop trying to confuse my allegiances, IS.

5 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Good luck on getting evil bab Tiki! She's amazing!

Oh, I know she'll be amazing if she's anything like her legendary version that I've put to great use. And thanks!

19 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

On the one hand, that's kinda mean to say publicly, even if Anacy is guilty of such.

On the other... kinda have to agree, but only because Anacy doesn't really seem to learn or teach anything.

There's people on these forums I'd glady be proven wrong by, because I usually learn something from them. And if they're reading this, they probably know who they are. But then there's those arguments where nothing is learned and you come out feeling like you wasted a lot of time on nothing...

Sorry Anacy, I mean no offense.

None of that was necessary at all, I agree. The debate was over and it was pretty civil imo, and also ended on a good note. There was no need to bring it back up. Not to mention there's nothing wrong with a civil debate in the first place. Though it was a tad off topic.

...Debating is supposed to teach people things? What? I hope I'm not laughed at/insulted for not understanding this.

Don't worry, I can tell you're not meaning to be rude, it's all cool.

So anyway, I want Sigrun and Tanith, but I don't want to wind up with next to no orbs when the Astra mythic arrives. DX

Edited by Anacybele

Hmm idk but does anyone feel like the Tellus characters are become the new Fates/Awakening where IS is release more characters for those game then others. Personally I don't mind though it does feel like we going that route.

1 minute ago, redlight said:

Louise's stats and skills

Hide contents

39|31|34|17|30

Atk/Spd bond, hone cavalry and reciprocal aid

Spoiler

That's... isn't that just a more Resilient and horseback Loki?

Literally same HP, Atk, Spd, but higher Res and completely shot Defenses. Huh...

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

None of that was necessary at all, I agree. The debate was over and it was pretty civil imo, and also ended on a good note. There was no need to bring it back up. Not to mention there's nothing wrong with a civil debate in the first place. Though it was a tad off topic.

...Debating is supposed to teach people things? What? I hope I'm not laughed at/insulted for not understanding this.

Don't worry, I can tell you're not meaning to be rude, it's all cool.

So long as it's over I guess. I might also be thinking of something completely different and probably unrelated...

Lv 1 and Lv 40 stats (source: Gamepress)

Spoiler

Lv_1__40_Bridal_Belonging.jpg

Louise's skills:

Wep: Bouquet Bow+ (Swift Sparro 2)
Ast: Reciprocal Aid
Spe: none

PsA: Atk/Spd Bond
PsB: none
PsC: Hone Cavalry (Hone Spd as base)

Edited by Xenomata

Spoiler

I'd like to preface this saying that all of them look beautiful (although I'm not the biggest fan of Sigrun's art):

Louise is good for a free archer, buuut she doesn't fare that well compared to B!Lyn. Then again, competing with Sacae's Blessing was already a losing battle. At least she'll be easier to +10 if you want to go that route. Her skillset is quite good, though. Hone Cavalry is whatever but Atk/Spd Bond and the Swift Sparrow Bow are certainly going to be great on a good number of heroes. 

Pent was outclassed even before knowing his stats because THE Reinhardt exists to invalidate every other blue mage cav, but outside of that he seems like a sligthly worse S!Catria which would be his most direct competition with both being seasonal cavs yes, I know V!Soren exists but they are practically the same unit, that's only because Catria has more options thanks to her Prf and the +1 Spd is pretty valuable in that speed tier. Pent isn't bad by any means but he's nothing to write home about either, art aside because he's beautiful.

I already knew Tanith wouldn't be able to set herself apart from the other million lance fliers so her spread doesn't really come as a surprise. At least she'll be able to work just as well as the others and her relatively high Def means she won't be forced to run Moonbow/Luna. Having a balanced spread is a double edged sword, though. If she ends with -Atk/-Spd/-Def she'll be crippled unlike more specialized units that can perform pretty well regardless of their nature.

Sigrun needs an Atk asset to work at her best. Her stat spread is very close to NY!Gunnthra and by all the time I've used her she has proven to be a pretty beastly unit so I expect Sigrun to work almost at the same level. Her high-ish Res can come in handy if one wants to use her to Ploy certain the myriad of low Res melee units. 

And the obvious winner of the banner, B!Fjorm. She has Aversa's spread but with access to natures which makes her even better. One has to choose between going the typical offensive route or the anti-dancer route. I'd go for the latter considering it's a super unique role and one that is absolutely wanted in AR, of course this means one will have to forgo a Spd or Atk asset in favor of dumping everything on her Hp (Hp asset, double Hp+5 seal, etc, etc.). Regardless, it's not like she needs to increase her offensive potential when her bases are already this good.

If they never add another fast sword/lance flier in the game it'll still be too soon. Disappointly especially in the context of seasonal where canon stats really have no place. Give us some slow lances and fast axes dammit.

There is only one lance flier in the game with sub-30 speed, Florina. There is only one sword flier in the game with sub-30 speed, and he's a seasonal, NY Hrid. There are only four axe fliers with 30+ speed, and only one of them is even normally summonable (Camilla) with the rest being seasonal (Innes, Airzura) or only in legacy banners (Minerva).

At any rate, the datamine confirms that Fjorm is the only interesting unit here, though I suppose I might open blues on a lark since I'm just going the one round. It's mostly novelty value though since they're essentially less mergeable versions of Shigure and L'Arachel.

EDIT: As for Louise, it'll take a fair few merges for her to surpass Bowlyn+1, so it'll be slow going. The bond skill is nice, but odd on a unit seemingly geared for player phase. Will see who else is a decent grail candidate going forward - perfect scenario would be a flying mage who doesn't burn my eyes every time I look at them.

Edited by Humanoid

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Strangely conflicted on whether I should pull on this banner. I'm trying to live an honest life of pulling only New Hero Banners but most of these units are...hrm.

Bah, what am I saying, they're brides. Not capital N New Heroes. Stop trying to confuse my allegiances, IS.

Well, uh, four out of the five are technically new?  At least one can be bought with grails!

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

It so happens that I run Flier-heavy teams so seeing Sigrun, Tanith and Fjorm pleases me. Also finally, Pent is in the game and FREE LOUISE!

Here's to hoping I get any of the banner units.

GOOD LUCK~!

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Daggers are effective against Armor Emblem? I usually would just use tomes or staves unit for any debuffs at that point.

Certain ones are!  But they were on a batch of seasonal units, so. . .

10 hours ago, silverserpent said:

I honestly don't think we'll see a Staff!Elincia in the normal pool, not unless they do a Princess alt of her which, to me, is somewhat redundant as we have her promoted Queen self as is, or as a seasonal. If they do a Legendary version of her, I have no doubt she'd either be a staff flier, or a power crept version of herself, as we've seen happen to Ike, Roy, and a couple other Legendary heroes. Erinys has a larger chance of being a staff flier in the normal pool due to being the one introducing healing fliers to the series. But, as others have said, it's just as likely that she'll be lance flier #X. We won't know until it happens. IS could also choose to change things up and make Micaiah a flying healer that levitates in her Dawn Priestess class. It'd likely piss off a lot of people and fans, but it's a possibility. 

There's regular Hinoka and Hinoka with a bow.  I'm not putting anything past IS at this point.

(except armor Elincia)

21 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

We could swap Bride Fjorm out for Bride Laevatein instead and she can pout about not having her sword again.

No.

WHERE IS MY BRIDE HELBINDI?! :P:

21 minutes ago, eclipse said:

There's regular Hinoka and Hinoka with a bow.  I'm not putting anything past IS at this point.

(except armor Elincia)

Right, forgot about Hinoka. To be fair, she's not using the same mount. Also, not quite applicable as her normal version got nixed from new banners.

And I wouldn't joke about an Armor!Elincia. For all you know, that may be how we get her staff version. We all know how heavy and weighed down that poofy orange monstrosity she wore is. :P: