Special Heroes Appear: Bridal Belonging (May 21 ~)

Coolmanio

Spoiler

Lv_1__40_Bridal_Belonging.jpg

These seem about as expected. Sigrun might be the fastest, but I'd still be least interested in her.

None of these stat spreads seem too mad, is what I'm getting at. Louise sadly will get +1 Res instead of Atk on merge, but eh.

13 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Got Tanith in about 40 orbs.

I guess I could uninstall the game now. Nothing will ever top this moment. :)

Wow.

Good for you. I also managed it, though I still would like Pent. Then again, I've gotten 4 5* units out of ~90 or so orbs.

Edited by Dayni

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Pent so quickly :D Happy about that ^•^

Wish the paralogue had focussed a bit more on the others. I've just decided Fjorm's special other person is Alfonse because I do not want it to be me. I have no plans to get the bride version, so if she clarifies in that, I don't care xD

Edited by Cute Chao

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I got Pent so quickly :D Happy about that ^•^

Wish the paralogue had focussed a bit more on the others. I've just decided Fjorm's special other person is Alfonse because I do not want it to be me. I have no plans to get the bride version, so if she clarifies in that, I don't care xD

Personally I'm rooting for it to be Alfonse too. I barely actknowledge Kiran's existance so Fjorm x Kiran wouldn't work for me.

Fjorm is also the only girl that wouldn't be problamatic for Alfonse. Veronica is too young, Anna is too old, Gunthra is dead and Sharena is his sister.

This game is giving me mixed messages.

I have Sigrun and Fjorm already, which is good, since that means I no longer have to waste orbs on red hell, and Fjorm is +Spd, which is also good. But Pent and Tanith are nowhere in sight and I somehow have a Kliff and Selkie instead. And I'm below average on 5-star pulls.

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Personally I'm rooting for it to be Alfonse too. I barely actknowledge Kiran's existance so Fjorm x Kiran wouldn't work for me.

Fjorm is also the only girl that wouldn't be problamatic for Alfonse. Veronica is too young, Anna is too old, Gunthra is dead and Sharena is his sister.

Benchlord single forever.

40 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Anna is too old

Wait, how old are she and Alfonse supposed to be anyway? Anna can't be much older than me. Am I too old for Alfonse? 

45 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Sharena is his sister.

"That's the best part!" - Maeda, probably. 

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Wait, how old are she and Alfonse supposed to be anyway? Anna can't be much older than me. Am I too old for Alfonse? 

"That's the best part!" - Maeda, probably. 

Alfonse is likely on the young side. Typically most lord hover around the 15-19 range and Alfonse design being very typical for a FE lord makes it likely he's in that range too. Most villains adress him as "boy" as well. So if Alfonse is legal its probably only barely so.

anna's on the whole seem to be adults at least. Some are even into married life with...um some guy.

15 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Alfonse is likely on the young side. Typically most lord hover around the 15-19 range and Alfonse design being very typical for a FE lord makes it likely he's in that range too. Most villains adress him as "boy" as well. So if Alfonse is legal its probably only barely so.

If Alfonse is really that young I don't think AlfonsexVeronica is a bad pairing at all. Remember that they don't have to get married right away. They can wait five years or something. And it would make the most sense for a happy ending if they married and unified their kingdoms after the curse is broken.

If the game's ending will be happy.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm a sucker for the rescue pairing, as well, even if he was just involved in the group that helped. Plus they look cute together, which is always my main reasoning for pairings xD

I don't like hints towards it being Kiran for similar reasons to yourself, but also because it just emphasises to me that they only care about their straight male audience when they think of these things. It bugs me a lot. Sure, she could be bisexual, but why not show that towards Sharena or Alfonse, or someone who has a defined personality, instead of the unknown Summoner who is meant to be a player stand in ¬¬

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

1. He's a patient man.
  2. He can date a younger sister.
  3. He's in Hel.
  4. As far as we know.
1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Some are even into married life with...um some guy.

Aims a 28 Mt Hoistflamme at you named Headshot!.

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

No one mentions Loki stealing Alfonse from Fjorm.

No matter what Loki is, she goes with everything. Its a Loki. Good old shapeshifter. 

She's probably been around for 40000000 years. So definitely older than him. But what's the problem with cougars and men who like their mountain lionesses?

Best ship for her is with Nowi, to revive the dragonkind of that world. She is Xane having gone mad with Marth's death after all.

Japanese Fjorm is definitely interested in the summoner over anyone else, but the tap line was changed in English.

In Japanese, she has the line

今の私は王女ではなく、あなたの… いえ、なんでもありません…
(Ima no watashi wa oujo de wa naku, anata no... ie, nandemo arimasen...)

which roughly translates as "I'm here now not as a princess, but as your... no, never mind." All flustered and all, too.

In English, the line was replaced with "I have left my kingdom behind. If I am not a princess, then I'd like to be... Oh, never mind." And not flustered.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She's probably been around for 40000000 years. So definitely older than him. But what's the problem with cougars and men who like their mountain lionesses?

Best ship for her is with Nowi, to revive the dragonkind of that world. She is Xane having gone mad with Marth's death after all.

ah 40000000 years. These 2-3 years Aflonse could wait are just neglectable for her. Its like waiting some second before he gets legal.  All that stuff aside I actually like pairings in which the woman is older. At least Persona 5 and Trails of Cold Steel give me that chance.

So Xane is already in the game, damnit, and so the 8 legged Dragon was born. Wait there is still nothing called Sleipnier in Fire Emblem I think D=.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Certain ones are!  But they were on a batch of seasonal units, so. . .

I only remember that Ryoma being one & even then it was specifically to supposed to anti-armor. I don't recall any other dagger units being effective against Armor Emblem

Also I'm getting really tired of every paralogue being about interrupting a festival.

It was rude at 1st, now it's just plain mean.

Also for the record, Alfonse shows he's very dedicate to Zacharias. Just saying

Edited by Zangetsu

29 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I only remember that Ryoma being one & even then it was specifically to supposed to anti-armor. I don't recall any other dagger units being effective against Armor Emblem

Pegasus Carrot also deals effective damage against armors.

Both Sky Maiougi and Pegasus Carrot are inheritable, so other dagger units can also use them.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I don't like hints towards it being Kiran for similar reasons to yourself, but also because it just emphasises to me that they only care about their straight male audience when they think of these things. It bugs me a lot. Sure, she could be bisexual, but why not show that towards Sharena or Alfonse, or someone who has a defined personality, instead of the unknown Summoner who is meant to be a player stand in ¬¬

Personally I don't see your problem with Fjorm's crush being revealed to be the summoner. The summoner is you. She reveals that she had a crush on you since you saved her life which is cliché but understandable. You can simply answer that you are flattered but can't reciprocate her feelings. It's not her, it's you and all the other things.

She can take a no, she is a reasonable woman, not a Loki who would continue to bother you until the end of times.

Personally I don't really like Fjorm, so summonerxFjorm is a big no for me, but even if she is confirmed to have a crush on me it doesn't change things much.

Tharja has a huge crush on Robin in Awakening but if you choose to marry someone else she eventually moves on. This is the same thing.

Let's just hope Fjorm is not like Nyna/Titania/Faye who could never forget their first love.

EDIT: Also, it's not only the females that crush hard on the summoner. A lot of males have level 40 confessions that could be romantic. The Male Grima one comes to mind.

EDIT 2: Also also, the avatar characters have always been the best at revealing bisexual characters. Since the now Ancient FE7 where Lyn CLEARLY had a crush on the tactitian Mark no matter if they were a boy or a girl. As if Florina's supports weren't enough proof that Lyn isn't entirely straight.

Edited by GrandeRampel

26 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Personally I don't see your problem with Fjorm's crush being revealed to be the summoner. The summoner is you. She reveals that she had a crush on you since you saved her life which is cliché but understandable. You can simply answer that you are flattered but can't reciprocate her feelings. It's not her, it's you and all the other things.

She can take a no, she is a reasonable woman, not a Loki who would continue to bother you until the end of times.

Personally I don't really like Fjorm, so summonerxFjorm is a big no for me, but even if she is confirmed to have a crush on me it doesn't change things much.

Tharja has a huge crush on Robin in Awakening but if you choose to marry someone else she eventually moves on. This is the same thing.

Let's just hope Fjorm is not like Nyna/Titania/Faye who could never forget their first love.

EDIT: Also, it's not only the females that crush hard on the summoner. A lot of males have level 40 confessions that could be romantic. The Male Grima one comes to mind.

EDIT 2: Also also, the avatar characters have always been the best at revealing bisexual characters. Since the now Ancient FE7 where Lyn CLEARLY had a crush on the tactitian Mark no matter if they were a boy or a girl. As if Florina's supports weren't enough proof that Lyn isn't entirely straight.

The problem is that it's a video game so I cannot do that. The game is basically leading her on for me, and it's solely done with the interest of the male audience, and even then just those that like that sort of thing. It doesn't make me feel happy and it just gets irritating after a while. This is why I prefer things are left to ingame characters. If I was in the game, I would have the option of saying no. If it was another character, they would have their own defined personalties and interactions. If Lyn is interested in Florina or Rath, it doesn't bother me which one. I only got vibes of trust and respect with Mark, I didn't take it as romantic, but that was just me, personally. You could take that a different way. A level 40 convo is still something you have to unlock and only endure once if you hate it (and honestly, I wish those focussed on the characters, too, whether male or female. I don't mind the ones that talk about respect, but anything more than that again just comes across as stupid pandering). Fjorm's crush has been mentioned on both paralogues in which she's been involved, and then there was that crappy Forging Bonds that had both Aversa and Loki competing over me in focus (despite Aversa having no female romantic supports in Awakening). Have there been any male ones involved outside of Level 40 conversations? I don't recall any of those, either. But I don't want them to happen either. 

Alfonse, Sharena and Anna all were involved with saving her life so any of them could have been picked. Honestly, they should have been. Also, Tharja has a crush on Robin, who has their own defined personality, even if they are meant to be the Avatar. Same with any crushes on Corrin. Mark and Kiran are literally just you on a screen. Or they could have kept the story focussed on the other Fire Emblem characters, since I don't feel this added any more to Fjorm's personality, since she's already been shown to be crushing on you at New Year's. The Forging Bonds was much better for her in that respect. 

I'm just going to leave this here though. This is my own opinion about something I don't like in the game, personally. If anyone else feels another way, that's fine. I'm not going to respond any more to it. 

Edited by Cute Chao

16 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Have there been any male ones involved outside of Level 40 conversations?

We haven't had a Forging Bonds with Niles in it yet, so no. Forging Bonds with Niles in it when?

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We haven't had a Forging Bonds with Niles in it yet, so no. Forging Bonds with Niles in it when?

I think we just need a bunch of forging bonds events for the old heroes in general

Sniped Blue and Colorless, 108 orbs netted me an offbanner Thea (yuck) and an offbanner Brave Hector (didn't have him yet so that's nice, but still yikes at no Fjorm/Pent).
This banner is turning into Fallen2 for me, which was also Offbanner City

24 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Fjorm's crush has been mentioned on both paralogues in which she's been involved, and then there was that crappy Forging Bonds that had both Aversa and Loki competing over me in focus (despite Aversa having no female romantic supports in Awakening).

Aversa doesn't have supports period. She is Robinsexual in Awakening. It's not like you can point out the lack of female marriage options for her when there was a lack of male ones too.

But I think I get what you are saying now. The problem is that the voiced lines for Bride Fjorm remain the same no matter what, which means you will have to hear her crush on you over and over, and over, and over...

In that case it's a good thing that things are not specificied in the english version, so you can headcanon Fjorm's crush to be for Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, Reinhardt or ant other character in the game.

13 hours ago, Stroud said:

So Xane is already in the game, damnit, and so the 8 legged Dragon was born. Wait there is still nothing called Sleipnier in Fire Emblem I think D=.

Xane returned to Archanea a one-hundred-and-ten years or so after leaving to wander the world after Medeus's ultimate defeat, visiting Jugdral, Valentia and Liberia....

Spoiler

In what was no more than a month to him, everyone who he had fought alongside was now dead and receded into memory or was else forgotten. He knew Marth would have died in that time, but he didn't think much of it. On returning he paid a visit to Pales, where the Unified Kingdom of Archanea- which ruled all but Khadein and Dolhr- was centered. There, in the arts of objects, words, and performance, he found Marth and the rest celebrated.

Recalling his good times with old friends, Xane left Pales and went to Anri, the capital of Altea, the place where he had first lent his aid to the then Prince. Though of means less than Pales, Anri still had significant resources, and displayed almost fanatical reverence for the Hero-King. So great it was that Anri the prior great hero had been reinterpreted as nothing more than Marth's past life, denied his own independence of being. The logic for such was that Marth was so great, his life force had not returned to undifferentiated nature upon death as Anri, but remained pregnant in the air, awaiting the right time to be reborn. This was inspired by what was known to scholars of the tremendous life force of dragons able to survive mortal wounds.

Seeing the truly monumental statues of Marth dominating the city, Xane stepped back at the outskirts of the city after pettily thieving a decorative rapier, out of anyone's sight. Here, he recalled all he knew of the human who he thought wasn't all that bad, and transformed to a perfect imitation of him in his heroic youth. Then he proudly strutted into the city, with the step and countenance of of a lodestar. There had been many Marth impersonators over time, most were just admirers or those wanting to have fun, some were professional actors, and a few were sleazy conmen. Xane's Marth, whilst not that aligning most closely with what the legends now said, had a certain touching realism to it, it seemed so authentic to all who spent a little time witnessing it. The then-viceroy of Altea, who served as the Archanean king's agent in this realm for his second child a daughter was too young to govern, was so impressed by from what he heard, he invited the boy who would not share his real name to the castle, where he continued to perform and tell of his Marth's tales. Rewarded with an intricately decorated false Falchion, Marth said he would undergo the advent to the Ice Dragon Temple and place it there again say adieu and leaving the court.

Xane continued his travels performing the Marth act, he delighted in seeing people so charmed by it. It could be a great show he put on in a public square. Or it could be him walking along and seeing a little boy or girl being bullied or whose dog had fallen into a deep hole, he as the Hero King would come to their aid. Eventually, he returned to meet with Gotoh in Dolhr, for he had chosen to go there it being a little over a hundred years after Medeus's last defeat. The Binding Shield held the Earth Dragons back, the Spheres were still all in place, but he wanted to make sure of this. With him were Bantu and Tiki, who had returned to a long sleep after interacting with humanity for a few years, long sleeps in isolation be it at the Ice Dragon Temple or in Dolhr, with a few short breaks awakened in-between, this was Tiki's life after the War of Heroes.

Xane awoke Tiki in his Marth disguise and entertained her, though he and she alike knew he was no more. Gotoh and Bantu both noticed that Xane was a little off, the way he spoke, acted, thought, they all seemed as if he was a little off-kilter for a Manakete. Xane asked if it was possible he was degenerating, though Gotoh in the past had said he wouldn't having discarded his Dragonstone and his imitation powers were perfectly safe. Gotoh reaffirmed they were, but then asked Xane what he had been doing in his time. When Xane said he been masquerading as Marth for over a decade, Gotoh commented Xane's disguise was getting to him, perhaps he should take a break from it. Xane said perhaps he should, and remained in Dolhr untransformed for the next three years.

Yet Xane was young and wanderlust, he returned to his travels again, receiving advice from Gotoh just before he left. That advice included a semi-serious remark against confusing himself again, in reference to the Marth disguise. Whilst still at Dolhr-Macedon border, Xane with the itching of craving, of addiction, returned right away to being Marth. 

Xane once more performed across Archanea, and this time took on the guises of others he had known. Camus proved a hit in Grust, Minerva in Macedon, Hardin in Aurelis. However it was Marth who remained the biggest hit, and Marth who he wanted to be the most. Something this entire time nagged at his being, Xane brushed it off and tried to bury it beneath his heady imitations.

On meeting Gotoh again 250 years after his return to Archanea, Xane was wholly given to the Marth disguise, when he could not remember when he was last in his true Manakete form, when he could not remember what he looked like, Gotoh sternly reprimanded him. He had become unable to separate the mask from who he was, although Xane unlike Tiki was mature, he told him to please come peacefully and rest, a period of slumber for some years, not long in a dragon's life, would alleviate his mind's contortions and return him to who he truly is. Xane obeying Gotoh's wisdom did just this, napping alongside Tiki, which was humiliating to him, to think he had to be treated like a growing child.

As he slept, in his dreams, Xane sorted out his plagued psyche. Furiously, he insisted he was Marth, but then fought that back, in a clash that felt eternal to him. He realized he had become too attached to being Marth, that he was losing track of his own identity. He then looked to identify a cause of wanting to be Marth so badly, it wasn't to entertain others. Before he woke, he figured out his problem. He knew better than to get too attached to humans to avoid the sense of loss caused by their inevitable deaths before his own as Manakete. He didn't love humans so he thought, he liked them at most, and he thought he was wiser than this, yet Marth had somehow gotten under his skin. Having lost Marth and reminded of all the good he was, for others and certainly himself, he wanted to be Marth to bring him back again.

When Xane returned to Gotoh from his nap, he confessed what he had figured out. Gotoh commended him for doing so, although seeing he was still sad about it. Xane remained with Gotoh, Tiki and Bantu for a while longer, but then left after 350 years from his return had passed. To Gotoh, he appeared perfectly sane again, and Xane thought the same as well, he had identified the problem, grieved, and moved on. Xane spent the next 50 years wandering perfectly normal again, never donning the Marth disguise. But then, feeling loneliness biting at him, Xane decided to once again establish deep connections with individual humans, lasting for a decade or two before departing, to avoid that most painful departure whilst still having an enjoyable experience of bonding with others.

This lasted for about 130 years, after which the cracks returned in Xane's mind. He was confident he would beat back his ill thoughts without help, but he lost the battle within after some time. He abruptly left the group he was halfway through his expected time with, and then donned the Marth disguise once again in Jugdral, where he could be Marth but not known at all. He acted like the prince as though he were a fledgling hero, he sought to be a new Marth doing new heroics with a new crew of fellow heroes. 

Unfortunately for Xane, there were not enough heroic adventures to be found to sate his insecure mind, which needed intrepid feats to keep "Marth" alive. Quixotically, it reach the point where he saw great villains where there were none, and his heroics created only troubles. He became a mad fool, to be chased away by country housewives and the soldiers of the local lords. His Marth impersonation, as well as that of others from Marth's era and others Xane had met in his travels, all degenerated into irredeemable messes. Marth now spoke of saving the garters of all ladies painted and otherwise, and became a broke and liquored dandy rather than a Hero-King, forgetting to don pants or worse. When he didn't partake of adventures, he slept for months at a time, in a sleep that did nothing to cure his fever

Xane one day 180 years later, he found him forced to flee from those unhappy with him and tripped into a lake. Forgetting how to swim, he sank to the bottom and remained there long enough that anyone who had gone after him and seen him it was convinced he was dead. Xane eventually awoke, and could feel the weight of the water in his lungs, desperate to stay alive, he gave everything to swim to the surface. Barely able to raise his head upon dry shores, he exhaled and exhaled and exhaled. It was painful, but he was still alive, closer than ever before, he had approached death, realizing his own life now was finite despite being a Manakete- the sole thing that kept him alive on this day. He sobered up, he abandoned the Marth disguise and tore the clothes off his body, the one thing that was certainly his, that was not a mockery of a what was something or someone else. So much time, wasted being another, he could not regain it, he could only stop being what he wasn't.

Immediately, Xane returned to Gotoh, ripping apart his soul in repentance to the entirety of his absence and what had transpired during it. Gotoh forgave Xane and pitied him. He bade Xane to stay with him, no more leaving to explore, for he was old, Gotoh needed someone to help him watch humanity and the Manaketes and eventually succeed him. Xane swore to this, for it would keep vulnerable mind on the proper path.

Then came the year 1559 Archanean Count, exactly 950 from Marth's ascension as Hero-King. In this year, a new menace suddenly appeared. It would be matched only by when the proud and degenerate Earth Dragons and their allies had begun terrorizing humanity and brought it to the brink of annihilation in -740. Yet this was not Medeus, this was not the Earth Dragons, which remained feeble and feebler along what had become of Macedon and Dolhr, this was Grima. Centered in the ruined city of Thabes in the Marmatoad Desert, the aged Gotoh hadn't the slightest idea of what this threat was, though he wished to discern it with Xane and to protect Tiki. Humanity tried to fight this new threat, but Grima proved too strong. It traveled with intent to Macedon, and there unaffected by the Binding Shield which had not been made to work against it, it devoured Medeus and the Earth Dragons, it supped upon every degenerate to be found in Archanea, gaining all their power without being bound by anything. Manaketes too, only having begun a modest recovery from their decline, were devastated yet again.

Humanity continued to fight, and sent its champion armed with the Falchion to fight Grima, but the champion lost before it even met Grima and the Falchion and Unbinding Shield were precariously brought back to the ancient yet still relevant capital of Pales. Here a final battle for humanity it was thought would be waged. 

Gotoh did not believe this possible as is however. He did not know what had to be done, but needed the Falchion and Binding Shield, they had worked before and were still powerful, but they needed to be reforged to meet this new threat. To convince humanity to yield its treasures, Gotoh had Xane become Marth again, the Hero-King surely would be granted his trusted regalia once more, and he they believed would slay Grima. Xane however was no Marth, Xane knew this was a lie, concocted by Gotoh for humanity's long-term survival. It did nothing however to stop the annihilation of Pales, the palace, the entire castle town and surrounding farmlands, everyone died and all was ashes.

Xane returned the Falchion and Binding Shield to Gotoh, who began the process of calling upon Naga from the Alterworld, the place where she unsealed had been resting for almost 2000 years. That was the place beyond but connected to this visible world where those of greatest spirit could find refuge upon death, a world of more than soul, but for it nonetheless. Naga by now could be fully returned Gotoh believed, and Naga's wisdom and power surpassing his, could alone revivify the Falchion and Binding Shield to address the global menace. Xane made it his duty to protect Tiki, and Gotoh at this time.

Yet, in trying to summon Naga with such haste, Gotoh gave up his own long life, never to be reborn. This left Naga taken to corporeal form for this moment to find a new human hero, the one to be called the First Exalt. Tiki at this time witnessed Naga and would serve as her servant in keeping a memory of all that had so far and thence unfolded.

When Gotoh died however, Xane immediately ran away as Naga returned, Tiki wished to pursue him, but Naga said to let him be. Gotoh's death was too painful, Xane had pledged service to Gotoh, and it had been Gotoh specifically that had kept Xane's mind intact. His death and the present destruction, combined with his powerlessness to stop all the death unfolding around him, drove Xane insane. His twisted his form through hundreds of shapes and sizes and all forms of detail in rapid succession, he wanted to keep them all alive through mimicry though he knew it was futile. What stood out in Xane's mind however was what Gotoh had told him- the Alterworld, and these other things he had gone into far less detail with, having little interest in them being firmly grounded in the affairs of this world- the Outrealms. Gotoh had bade Xane to pay them no mind- focus! But if other worlds did exist where things were different, where people he knew were still alive, he wanted to see them, he wanted them all together for all time, so nobody would be dead.

And so, Xane as his world began to move from darkness towards the light, he ran to others, descending into the dark prison of his mind. Awash in the incredible discovery of the nigh-infinite Outrealms, he forgot who he was, he forgot his true form forevermore, he forgot all, and became a new person. Born of an utterly broken mind, it would congeal into something less noble than it had ever been.

...this took too much time. XD

...Oh yeah, what was I thinking initially? That Sleipnir I think you're right hasn't been referenced by FE yet it'd be a good chance for a Cavalry Dragon

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Now I think. Kozaki did recently release an excellent official Fates artwork for him:

yRGvdeT.jpg

Perfect for the bedroom walls and ceilings of children.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer