Special Heroes Appear: Bridal Belonging (May 21 ~)

Coolmanio

Fjorm has a crush on the summoner? Ew. I agree with Cute Chao on this. IS DOES realize that some players are straight females, right? I bet lesbian players number few though, so yeah, this blatantly caters to the male playerbase and is dumb summoner worship.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Fjorm you just keep disapointing me. First you show or do nothing interesting chapter 2, then your first alt spends a lot of time talking about the avatar and now the 'mystery' lover thing. The Nifl themed forging bonds event was also just awful so that did't give her much to work with either. So yeah a bride alt was probably the worst thing they could have given her if you ask me.

Its a good thing she started to appear in normal Forging bonds so she can actually have a normal conversation with people before they ship her off. Her interactions with Mordecai where kinda cute. More of that and less of this please.

Edited by Sasori

You know, I have an apprentice named Erk. I wonder what he'd say if he saw Louise and me like this...

Hey, Erk got a mention I wonder if he will appear next year?

XFZr5ke.png

If I stood beside Empress Sanaki with her dressed as a bride... I think we would make a brilliant pair!

That's an...... interesting take.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

this took too much time. XD

This was quite a read. xD But this is the proof if Insys wanted to they could come up with something. Loki being Xane fallen into depravity. Actually Xane has quite some potential though. Maybe they could have build more on shapeshifters... but they did not...
At least I try to prepare myself that Loki could pull the troll anytime. 

A cavalry dragon would be pretty neat. There is nothing against a Manakete type which can move fast in fire emblem I think...and they just could give us a weapon or ability called Sleipnier.

29 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Hey, Erk got a mention I wonder if he will appear next year?

I'd like that. As of now Erk is the only member of the family who isn't in heroes yet. 

Erk and Serra would make a nice bridal pair for next year  . Serra in a wedding dress and Erk in a tuxedo....and a ball and chain around his leg so he doesn't escape. It could even be Erk's weapon.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I got Fjorm in 10 Orbs. I got Virion for free, then I got Rebecca, then Fjorm. She is [+Spd, -Atk] though, so I am not sure if I want to pull another one or just leave her be.

Well, it seems like this banner likes me, for once. Unlike the Fallen Heroes banner that's given me more copies of Berkut (2, not counting the 1 from before I started sniping) than Tiki (1) while sniping colorless. I think my game is colorblind.

121 pulls so far (about 500 orbs) has gotten me

• 1 Sigrun
  • 1 Pent
  • 1 Tanith
  • 4 Fjorm (1 [+Spd, -Res] and 1 [+Atk, -Def], the other 2 were both [+Res, -Spd])
  • 1 Selkie (now +2)
  • 1 Kliff (might be kept, might be foddered)
  • 1 Male Adrift Corrin (same as Kliff)
  • 1 Nina (now +3)

Taking a break from this banner to go back to pulling more Berkuts-instead-of-Tikis (grumble), but I'll be back to grab more copies of Fjorm after I've decided I've had enough Berkuts-instead-of-Tikis.

(For the record, I've pulled 1 Mareeta, 3 Berkut, 1 Tiki, and 4 Corrin from the Fallen Heroes banner so far. Also a Micaiah and yet another Nina (now +4).)

38 minutes ago, Stroud said:

A cavalry dragon would be pretty neat. There is nothing against a Manakete type which can move fast in fire emblem I think...and they just could give us a weapon or ability called Sleipnier.

Archanean Wyverns are known for having 12 Move. Although unfortunately they're more noted for flying. Earth Dragons in FE3 have their unique map animation of burrowing underground when they move to their target space, beat that levitation! Medeus could get that. Or give it to Mila actually, the Earth Mother ought with her Divine powers be able bury herself in the soil and emerge without a fleck of it in her hair or on her clothes.

As for a swift-footed Manakete, after getting Cavalry Beasts, I think Cavalry Manaketes should be in order.

Umm... Sandy Spiker: Male Corrin with a Volleystone? All those dives to save to keep the enemy from scoring ought to make for a Cav unit. -But if Beach Volleyball is be reserved for ninja girls, then I guess Male Corrin can instead join on the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics Banner as the 400m Sprint athlete competing on the Independent Nohido Team, as an ambassador of goodwill and unity between two warring nations. Unfortunately, this means Lifelong Runner: Leif (a title fittingly sad) would be kicked off the banner. 

22 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'd like that. As of now Erk is the only member of the family who isn't in heroes yet. 

Erk and Serra would make a nice bridal pair for next year  . Serra in a wedding dress and Erk in a tuxedo....and a ball and chain around his leg so he doesn't escape. It could even be Erk's weapon.

As long as Serra wasn't Red, I'm sure Nino could get rid of her. Remember, as boring as he looks and as cool as he acts, Erk (like Kent) is able to land one of three lovely ladies: Serra, Priscilla, and Nino. This is a rarity only matched by Hector and Eliwood- the lords of FE7, only a female in Lyn has more.

Actually, a 1:3 male:female banner wouldn't be so bad if the game with a hint of serious criticism did put Erk with his three brides. Although Priscilla gets to be the great wife! I kid.

To speak more of Erk, let me bring out his various lines referencing or directly with Pent and Louise for all to see:

Spoiler

Erk – Studious Mage

Erk returned to Etruria and was asked to succeed the retiring Lord Pent. He refused and devoted his life to the study of magic.

Nino: So you couldn’t read, either?
Erk: No, just the opposite. I read only the most difficult books from the time I was small. My magic teacher was really amazing. I was really proud and happy to be his student. So, to gain his approval, I spent day and night studying, without even stopping to eat…
Nino: Wow! I bet that’s not very good for your body…
Erk: Haha! No, you’re right… One day I just collapsed. I really worried my teacher and his wife…
Nino: Yeah?
Erk: And that was when my teacher bought me this picture book… He said, “Look, Erk, this book is filled with pictures. There are fields of rolling, green grass, flowers that explode into color, and clouds that crawl across the seamless sky. Training to be a mage requires more than staying in your room studying all the time. You must go outside and commune with the spirits. When you get better, we’ll go for walks everyday. Until then, look at these pictures and think of how it will be.”
Nino: Commune with the spirits… I do that a lot. My mother just used them, and always said that talking to them was a waste of time, but… But it sounds like your teacher really got to know them. Eheheh. This makes me so happy…
Erk: …You never cease to amaze me, Nino. It’s as if you were born to do magic. You remind me of my teacher…
Nino: Of your teacher!? Oh, no way!! Even as a joke, that just sounds like an insult to your teacher!!

C Support

Erk: Lady Louise!
Louise: My… Erk? Erk, is that really you?
Erk: Yes. Forgive me. It has been a long time.
Louise: Oh, I am overcome! How wonderful! You had only just returned from a long training sabbatical… And then you left immediately on another journey! Why, I’ve missed you so!
Erk: Forgive me, but I had an evil premonition.
Louise: You mean that business with Lord Pent? I understand. But…couldn’t you have just stayed a little while? …Oh, I’m just so happy to see you… So you are fighting alongside this bunch, are you?
Erk: Yes.
Louise: Then we shall be together! Ah… I will ask Lord Eliwood to place us near each other in the coming battle!
Erk: Oh, Lady Louise! Always so sweet and childlike…

B Support

Louise: Oh, Erk.
Erk: Hello, Lady Louise.
Louise: When this battle ends, why don’t we return to Castle Reglay together? I’ve even renovated your room! Since I know how you like to study, I’ve lined the walls with bookcases, and the sunlight there is quite good… I’m sure you will like it!
Erk: I… Thank you.
Louise: And you seem to have grown a few inches, so we’ll have to order a new wardrobe for you… I think I have a few bolts of cloth that would really bring out the color of your hair.
Erk: Lady Louise! …Don’t!
Louise: What is it, dear?
Erk: …I must thank you for your kindness, but… Certainly, I do not… merit you going to all that trouble…
Louise: Oh, Erk, why must you always do that?
Erk: Do…what?
Louise: Three years ago… Yes, on a snowy night… Lord Pent brought you home and said, “This is my student.” You were only 12… You had such deep, purple eyes, sparkling with intelligence…
Erk: L-Lady Louise, now is really not the time for such old memories…
Louise: Hush… Listen. Lord Pent had only just become a mage general then… and he was hardly ever home in the castle. I was so happy to have such a cute young student around. But that student shut himself away in his room all the time… just reading his books. He didn’t eat, he hardly slept, and soon, he collapsed.
Erk: I… I remember…
Louise: That’s right. You never let anyone do nice things for you, and then you just fall apart! But I realized as I nursed you back to health… You thought of us as total strangers… You always spurn those who try to help you most…
Erk: N-No, that’s not true! I could never think of you… of you or Lord Pent as strangers! …But your love for me is so strong… Sometimes…it scares me, and I feel…paralyzed.
Louise: Erk, loving another person gives you the greatest joy and energy! You are so precious to us. From the time we met, we have all lived as a family… Isn’t that enough for you?
Erk: …Yes. It is. You two are also…precious…to me.

C Support

Erk: Lord Pent!
Pent: Erk, what are you doing here?
Erk: While protecting Lady Priscilla of House Caerleon, I encountered many… unusual circumstances that brought me to join Lord Eliwood on this journey from Laus.
Pent: Is that so? Then you have endured much.
Erk: Hardly, master… And so… Do you fight with this army as well?
Pent: Of course. Nergal is as powerful a sorcerer as my own teacher. I’m sure I offer little assistance on my own, but… …I do try to do what I can…
Erk: How could you say that?! Lord Pent, they could have no stronger ally than you!! It is an honor for any of them to fight by your side!!
Pent: Well, Erk. About Nergal… You must tell me everything you have heard… No matter how trivial.
Erk: Of course!!

B Support

Erk: …Nghh… ……
Pent: Erk! Get a hold of yourself!!
Erk: Ah!!
Pent: You are using too much magic… This is not good… It requires a severe remedy, but I have no choice. … …
Erk: Master…Pent?
Pent: So you are with us, Erk? Can you move? Do you feel numbness anywhere?
Erk: Ah…no. I feel…fine, master.
Pent: Oh. Very good then.
Erk: Ahh! Master! You have given me half of your magic, haven’t you?! How could I have made you do such a thing…in the midst of battle!!
Pent: Erk, you really do bring my ire… How could I do such a thing?! Why, using all the magic in your body… Don’t you know that you could have killed yourself?!
Erk: F-Forgive me… I thought I would cast…one more spell…before I rested… But then all of those enemy units appeared… I used more magic… than anticipated.
Pent: Did I not teach you that the accomplished mage has mastery of his own resources in addition to mastery of the spell?
Erk: Yes, master…
Pent: Reflect upon that, Erk. Now, back to battle.
Erk: M-Master? I truly am…sorry.
Pent: Don’t make that face. Everyone makes mistakes. Just don’t make the same one twice, understand? Got it?
Erk: Y-Yes!!

Erk – Studious Mage

Erk returned to Etruria and was asked to succeed the retiring Lord Pent. He refused and devoted his life to the study of magic.

Erk and Priscilla

They fell in love amidst conflict. Though he was not nobly born, Erk’s talent and his link to Lord Pent earned him the peerage he needed to wed Priscilla. As a trusted magic teacher, he lived his life in happiness.

I'd hate to bloat the already unbalanced unit roster and make Hugh obsolete, but adult Erk in FE6 Remake as a prepromoted Sage sent to monitor on the noble uprising would be appropriate for him. Of course, him gaining playability means old Pent could not, find a village or add Base Conversations so he can cameo again before his son and adopted daughter.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, it seems like this banner likes me, for once. Unlike the Fallen Heroes banner that's given me more copies of Berkut (2, not counting the 1 from before I started sniping) than Tiki (1) while sniping colorless. I think my game is colorblind.

121 pulls so far (about 500 orbs) has gotten me

• 1 Sigrun
  • 1 Pent
  • 1 Tanith
  • 4 Fjorm (1 [+Spd, -Res] and 1 [+Atk, -Def], the other 2 were both [+Res, -Spd])
  • 1 Selkie (now +2)
  • 1 Kliff (might be kept, might be foddered)
  • 1 Male Adrift Corrin (same as Kliff)
  • 1 Nina (now +3)

Taking a break from this banner to go back to pulling more Berkuts-instead-of-Tikis (grumble), but I'll be back to grab more copies of Fjorm after I've decided I've had enough Berkuts-instead-of-Tikis.

(For the record, I've pulled 1 Mareeta, 3 Berkut, 1 Tiki, and 4 Corrin from the Fallen Heroes banner so far. Also a Micaiah and yet another Nina (now +4).)

Are you going for +10 Fjorm or having 2 merged up copies for Light and Astra Season?

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Are you going for +10 Fjorm or having 2 merged up copies for Light and Astra Season?

I'm likely going for one +10 and one +0, but that'll depend on my luck. If don't get enough copies with my remaining budget, I might just merge whatever I get into a single Fjorm and settle with switching her blessing every week (since we get one of each blessing every other week).

Or just not use Fjorm every other season since I've been doing mostly fine without her.

It all depends on my luck.

58 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

>Suggesting Erk and Serra over Erk and Priscilla

HEATHEN

35 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

>Suggesting Erk and Serra over Erk and Priscilla

HEATHEN

> Suggesting Priscilla with anyone other than Raven

. . .okay, that's sane. :P:

5 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Personally I don't see your problem with Fjorm's crush being revealed to be the summoner. The summoner is you. She reveals that she had a crush on you since you saved her life which is cliché but understandable. You can simply answer that you are flattered but can't reciprocate her feelings. It's not her, it's you and all the other things.

She can take a no, she is a reasonable woman, not a Loki who would continue to bother you until the end of times.

Personally I don't really like Fjorm, so summonerxFjorm is a big no for me, but even if she is confirmed to have a crush on me it doesn't change things much.

Tharja has a huge crush on Robin in Awakening but if you choose to marry someone else she eventually moves on. This is the same thing.

Let's just hope Fjorm is not like Nyna/Titania/Faye who could never forget their first love.

Alas, the "you rescued me so now I'm in love with you even though I knew squat about you when you rescued me" is one of my many pet peeves.  I don't mind Fjorm sticking around as a friend, though, since the summoner's proven that he/she isn't an awful person.

Still, a one-sided relationship usually ends up making things awkward.  Unless you're Leon.  But not everyone is as awesome as Leon.

Though if we go with the story in Heroes, I think Fjorm isn't going to have much agency regarding how she reacts if the summoner won't reciprocate her affections.  After all, she's on a timer.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Archanean Wyverns are known for having 12 Move. Although unfortunately they're more noted for flying. Earth Dragons in FE3 have their unique map animation of burrowing underground when they move to their target space, beat that levitation! Medeus could get that. Or give it to Mila actually, the Earth Mother ought with her Divine powers be able bury herself in the soil and emerge without a fleck of it in her hair or on her clothes.

As for a swift-footed Manakete, after getting Cavalry Beasts, I think Cavalry Manaketes should be in order.

Umm... Sandy Spiker: Male Corrin with a Volleystone? All those dives to save to keep the enemy from scoring ought to make for a Cav unit. -But if Beach Volleyball is be reserved for ninja girls, then I guess Male Corrin can instead join on the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics Banner as the 400m Sprint athlete competing on the Independent Nohido Team, as an ambassador of goodwill and unity between two warring nations. Unfortunately, this means Lifelong Runner: Leif (a title fittingly sad) would be kicked off the banner. 

gosh if they do this with Mila or Medeus this would be nice and possible.They could make something like a reversed Warp Powder which moves adjacent to enemies.
Well who knows. But yeah, it could be a matter of time now D=. 

As long as I can see hammer throwing Rinkah this might be forgiven. xD This could count as a Dagger unit. But of course it would be LuCena. 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Fjorm has a crush on the summoner? Ew. I agree with Cute Chao on this. IS DOES realize that some players are straight females, right? I bet lesbian players number few though, so yeah, this blatantly caters to the male playerbase and is dumb summoner worship.

you basicly spewing nonsense because you dont know if there is a summoner in that Fjorms world and if there is one, what gender it has noone knows... Bride Fjorm is not our Fjorm. Also it basicly is nowhere confirmed who she loves period.

12 minutes ago, Hilda said:

you basicly spewing nonsense because you dont know if there is a summoner in that Fjorms world and if there is one, what gender it has noone knows... Bride Fjorm is not our Fjorm. Also it basicly is nowhere confirmed who she loves period.

...Is there any reason you're being rude here?

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Required reading for you.

Also required reading.

And you can add me to the list of straight women who isn't fond of Fjorm's lines.

37 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I feel that this Fjorm having feelings for the summoner is rather silly. But they can't take it back cause Book II already has Fjorm written to already be devoted to the summoner. 

It would be even sillier if its manga Kiran who's an inept goofball. It be Makalov x Astrid all over again. I would be really into the pairing if it was like that. 

30 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Required reading for you.

Also required reading.

And you can add me to the list of straight women who isn't fond of Fjorm's lines.

Wow, the end of her lv. 40 conversation is even kind of reminiscent of Chrom's confession to female Robin in Awakening since both say they want to build a peaceful world with their respective game's avatar character. Just...wow, IS. Seriously.

Yeah, this stuff is why I don't like it either, eclipse.

I mean, if Fjorm likes the summoner, then I don't think it really matters who the summoner is. For heterosexual men and homosexual/bisexual women, then it is just a female character having affection for the summoner. For heterosexual women and homosexual men (in my case), it is just an unrequited affection. Either way, its not really a big deal. I don't particularly care if a female character likes my summoner; its just an empty affection.

Also, this is about fictional characters in a mobile game, so I lack any motive to care.

2 minutes ago, Shimmerfang said:

Also, this is about fictional characters in a mobile game, so I lack any motive to care.

NO, THAT'S WRONG!!!!

Sorry about that. You just reminded of danganronpa v3's ending carry on....

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

NO, THAT'S WRONG!!!!

Sorry about that. You just reminded of danganronpa v3's ending carry on....

Now in that case, I did care about those fictional characters (at least Himiko)...