Special Heroes Appear: Bridal Belonging (May 21 ~)

Coolmanio

3 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

This conversation is over now, correct? Good, let's move on.

Fjorm is the standout for me. I still don't have a flying healer. I'll take her and Louise please.

goood luck!
I need her (I also need mia) 

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Florete said:

"Surely they'll give us Bride Anna this time after everyone wanted her last year and she did so well in CYL3. Right?"

What the fuck is Fjorm is doing on this banner?

But I guess it's cool that Tanith and Sigrun are tying the knot.

Anna is likely too cheap to get herself a new costume.

It's not exactly a secret that Fjorm likes her summoner... perhaps as more than just her friend and comrade.

Or are just accompanying Sanaki while she goes out in costume.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

"Surely they'll give us Bride Anna this time after everyone wanted her last year and she did so well in CYL3. Right?"

What the fuck is Fjorm is doing on this banner?

getting on a pegasus and healing people :D

I hope Louise will be cool. Maybe we'll finally see somebody content with Lyn (more than Sue did anyway).

7 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Also Ana shut up everyone came here to discuss the new banner not to hear your complaint about Cool posting first.

Absolutely based.

On the one hand, it's another seasonal banner, which I don't like. On the other hand, it has more actual new characters than our last new heroes banner, and they're all more or less reflective of each characters canonical abilities. Though getting added like this means they probably won't be added to the regular pool anytime soon.

Air orders is tempting, though not sure if it's tempting enough to dip into my stockpile stockpile for.

1 minute ago, Robert of Normandy said:

On the one hand, it's another seasonal banner, which I don't like. On the other hand, it has more actual new characters than our last new heroes banner, and they're all more or less reflective of each characters canonical abilities. Though getting added like this means they probably won't be added to the regular pool anytime soon.

Air orders is tempting, though not sure if it's tempting enough to dip into my stockpile stockpile for.

air orders is fun

I really hope this means now that we'll be getting more flier guidance/orders in the perm pool

In principle I like the adding of new characters in seasonal banners instead of "New Heroes" banners, because it makes it easier for the devs to make them into more interesting unit types instead of their typically oversaturated canonical classes

...but then they just give Tanith and Sigrun their canonical (or close enough, I barely know who they are) weapons and move types anyway. What's the bloody point then? At least give us one axe given that bouquets would be bludgeoning weapons if anything.

All that said, I do like the art for Tanith and Pent, but my freebie roll (I'll probably just open all greys on the first round) will be for Fjorm for practical reasons.

The new characters all have great art, and it's nice to see Pent & Louise finally in the game, albeit in seasonal form! I'll likely be saving most of my orbs, with maybe a few pulls for Tanith. Good luck to everyone who's pulling!

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Anyway, fair that this thread ought to be the base for the merge, as it was posted first. But I still don't deny being disappointed.

No, let's not merge the threads. You're the only one that wants that, as it makes the posts confusing to anyone who reads through the thread from the beginning. Instead, the thread you started can just be locked, which solves the problem of there being multiple threads for everyone else.

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

Naw, they're totally getting hitched.

I completely agree with you there and I happily welcome all the fanart we'll get of these two from now on.

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

Poor Anna, Fjorm gets two alts before she can even get one, I'm convinced someone at IS just hates her cause she is certainly popular enough for one  

And she also gets a collab appearance! Anna got nothing on that!

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

I guess Begnion has decided to legalize gay marriage at the same time Taiwan has. Sanaki must have been compelled by her "maternal" figures and their forbidden but true romance which for their sake she had to bring out of the closet. -I'd write about it, but I've exhausted my gayship creativity for now on OifeyxShannan.

And I just remembered another thing about Tanith, this:

Tanith: I may be a fine warrior, but… It’s embarrassing to admit, but I can’t even crack an egg without hurting someone. The last meal I prepared at the academy took three of our finest generals out of action for nearly a month.

Inherit a food weapon on her perhaps?

My thoughts...

~Tanith... ugh, I'm sorry but looking at her stats and growths in PoR and RD, she looks like she'll be yet another speedy and average powered Pegasus Knight. Do we REALLY need yet another one? Doesn't help that hidy ho look not only does she have Swift Sparrow, but ALSO a Swift Sparrow lance! [sarcasm]Wow Exciting Amazing![/sarcasm]
What really gets me is that she's the one who has Harsh Command+, exactly the skill that a person would want these days. I don't feel like I need her, but I do want Harsh Command+...

~Sigrun... huh. She looks very slow in PoR and RD, so why does she have so much potential speed...? Oh goddamnit they're betraying the original units stats again.
Otherwise she brings nothing interesting to the table. Swift Sparrow sword, whoopee. AR-D Spd/Def, yay another Aether Raids exclusive skill I'll use for while the unit is a bonus unit and then never again.

~Pent looks alright. Really wish they'd bring out Rally Up Spd+ already, cause my Titania would love it to go along with her Tactics support.
Pulse Smoke looks... alright I guess. That'll be mean for sure, but it'll be hard to outdo Witchy Umbrella which flatout resets your Special Charge AND inflicts Guard...

~Fjorm looks good. Probably not worth accidentally +10ing like I did her Nyofai form, but still good. I see Loki gave her some pointers.
Ground Orders looks like a great boon for Armor teams. Yes Armor March is a thing, yes Pivot play is also a thing, and yes we have an Armor Staff so no need for Fjorm... but hey, teleporting chaos is always fun.
And then Gjallarbru... hm. Looks mean.

Well... I'm actually not that tempted to try for everyone. Tanith I already have like 12 of, Sigrun just looks uninteresting, Pent... actually Pent looks pretty neat, but he does face competition from Reinhardt, and then Fjorm... she looks powerful, and yeah I'll try for her, but otherwise I don't think I need everyone here... hm.

As for Louise... they better not screw up a free not-Lyn Bow Cav.

Pulse smoke confuses me, I want to give it to gaius but I'm not entirely sure how it works, is it like guard or does it decharge specials but not if they are charged? 

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

...but then they just give Tanith and Sigrun their canonical (or close enough, I barely know who they are) weapons and move types anyway. What's the bloody point then? At least give us one axe given that bouquets would be bludgeoning weapons if anything.

They're actually flipped. Tanith has greater proficiency in swords and Sigrun in lances, though in Radiant Dawn, they couldn't make Tanith's base weapon levels reflect this because of the class weapon level caps,

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At the very least, Louise is pretty much guaranteed a spot for this year's Farfetched Heroes if she doesn't make it in on a standard banner before then. It seems they've realized people want more game representation and that they've killed off too many non-seasonal banners with seasonal ones.

Do we know for sure if seasonals hurt Farfetched chances or anything?

15 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

and Louise can be +10'ed. (easily/cheapily via grails). 

True. She'll be my next project once I finish Nanna.

15 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I also dunno what was up with FEF's situation as I did not witness it, but it's irrelevant to now. You're engaging in whataboutism.

I thought I wasn't posting enough and connecting with the FE/Serenes community enough. And I really like Roy. So I wanted to post the thread about his Legendary banner but was a little too slow. I complained a little but soon internally realized it was silly of me. That's the gist.

4 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Pulse smoke confuses me, I want to give it to gaius but I'm not entirely sure how it works, is it like guard or does it decharge specials but not if they are charged? 

Let's create a situation:

Let's say that yout Gaius with Pulse Smoke attacked a unit with the special fully charged. After the combat, the enemy unit will not have the special charged anymore.

If foe's Iceberg is at 1 CD, it will change to 2 CD after combat.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

5 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

It's a Smoke Skill that adds an extra cooldown (but not to Specials that are at max). So if someone is at 2 CD, they turn to 3 CD~

Edited by Landmaster

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Do we know for sure if seasonals hurt Farfetched chances or anything?

We haven't had the situation come up yet, but I don't see any reason to assume so at this time.