Tempest Trials+: The Holy Guard (May 25th) [SPOILERS]

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I had a thought...

Do we really have any good reason to keep the number of Bonus Units limited to just 8? Tempest Trials have become a thing that happens when we get new seasonal units, but now in Year 3 there will be too many seasonal units to put in as bonus units to the Trials, so it'll just be the new seasonals and last years seasonals.

Kinda sucks if, for instance, the only Bride you can get is Caeda or Lyn.

Half of the point of bonus units (not just Tempest Trials, but Arena and Aether Raids, too) is to encourage players to pull on banners, hence why they only put a limited number of units on the bonus unit list but also put up banners for the other units at the same time.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Celica the Tome, Celica the Fallen, or Celica the Brave?
i might strap that to Mage-y Celica. double brazen. she really like fury in her a though

OG Celica, she's the only one I have atm. And I have Pent to run as the bonus unit, so my boys only team remain intact ?

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Celica the car!

If I can afford it, I would also put Brazen Atk/Spd on Celica's A slot for triple Brazens. Fury is only necessary if you are super lazy or you need her to drop into Desperation range immediately without Bolt Traps or DW!Berkut.

am super lazy. 
though i always planned to give her the triple brazen. (if i get a mikoto for example, i'd give her Brazen atk/res.)

53 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

am super lazy. 
though i always planned to give her the triple brazen. (if i get a mikoto for example, i'd give her Brazen atk/res.)

I just realized my only source of Brazen Atk/Spd would be DW!Y!Tiki, since I am never going to use Grail units (Linus) for Skill Inheritance and I do not use Special Heroes (WE!M!Robin) for Skill Inheritance either unless I merge them to +10 and I do not see myself summoning more WE!M!Robins.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

You know, I don't get why this TT is titled The Holy Guard when neither Sigrun nor Tanith are the boss...

I think Etruria was a country heavy on religion? I could be mistaken, it's been a long time since I played 7. Or it could focus on rallying Tanith and Sigrun against a Loki!Pent?

13 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I think Etruria was a country heavy on religion? I could be mistaken, it's been a long time since I played 7. Or it could focus on rallying Tanith and Sigrun against a Loki!Pent?

Yeah, you're correct. Etruria was specifically founded by St. Elimine of the Eight Legends and as such, is where the St. Elimine Church is based. 

Edited by Tybrosion

14 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Oh, I see. I guess that could be the case.

35 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

What's the music called that plays in the final map? Can't quite put my finger on it.

It is Binding Ties from Blazing Sword. Just a fitting title. xD It plays in the green unit phase. Those units who support you but you cannot control.

Edited by Stroud

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

You know, I don't get why this TT is titled The Holy Guard when neither Sigrun nor Tanith are the boss...

Because The Holy Guard are the ''main characters'' here since it focuses on them and Sanaki.

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, you're correct. Etruria was specifically founded by St. Elimine of the Eight Legends and as such, is where the St. Elimine Church is based. 

Yes but only very lightly . The church is there and its got a legendary light tome but Etrurians on the whole don't seem particularly religious, don't seem particularly light  magic oriented if Pent and Cecillia are anything to go by and its politics is more a snake pit ala Grandbell than a theocracy like Begnion. In fact Leptor and Langobalt are pretty blatendly copy pasted and put into the Etrurian court.  

32 minutes ago, Stroud said:

It is Binding Ties from Blazing Sword. Just a fitting title. xD It plays in the green unit phase. Those units who support you but you cannot control.

That's what it was! Thank you!

How strange, story wise...

Sigrun, Tanith and Sanaki do not even appear on the maps and the final boss is Pent, but no Louise in sight. No Masked Marth intro as well.

Maybe we're the villains this time, like killing Pent and the guests while he's waiting for Louise to arrive :lol:

Edited by Lanko

"Sigrun! You are late... If something were to have happened to me, what would you have done?"

Sigrun and Sanaki referencing their conversation when we first saw them together in PoR is actually quite appropriate, seeing how IS treats her as blatant pedophile bait. So she is most certainly not "save" in Heroes.

Of course back then she was pretty much trolling Sigrun, which would be out of character for her post-Radiant Dawn self after Sigrun and Tanith reaffirmed their loyalty to her not as the apostle but as the empress: 
“…I am…blessed. Not by the voice of the goddess, but by loyalty like yours.”
But I suppose one shouldn't expect that IS would be faithful to a character in this era.

Edited by BrightBow

20 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

But I suppose one shouldn't expect that IS would be faithful to a character in this era

Bride!Sanaki is listed under PoR characters, so she hasn't yet gone through her development in RD. No need to immediately bash Intsys for this.

40 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Bride!Sanaki is listed under PoR characters, so she hasn't yet gone through her development in RD. No need to immediately bash Intsys for this.

It is what some people do. They just immediately jump to the worse conclusions and label things as pedophile bait and so on.

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is what some people do. They just immediately jump to the worse conclusions and label things as pedophile bait and so on.

...really?

Spoiler

Nowi.jpg

280?cb=20160815042357

I mean, saying you don't care is one thing. But acting like IS isn't super desperate for that pedo cash is quite remarkable. They aren't exactly subtle about it.

Edited by BrightBow

So anyways, I've got a secondary (and all blonde) team up and running now that 5* Louise has been acquired and built up:

x6OTb2C.png?1xZIBoJc.png?1

REVoh0S.png?1NkdVFFD.png?1

No, I swear this isn't just an excuse for me to use picnic Leo some more. Also though this should just go without saying, Louise is damn beautiful. Having another bow cav around is a nice bonus, too.

40 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I mean, saying you don't care is one thing. But acting like IS isn't super desperate for that pedo cash is quite remarkable. They aren't exactly subtle about it.

Sanaki is not exposing much skin, unlike Nowi. There is nothing sexual about her dress. She is in a wedding dress. Children who attend weddings often dress in a similar fashion. It would be like arguing Intelligent Systems releasing Laguz and other beast units as pandering to furries. People who have an attraction towards those characters would spend money on those characters, and whether or not they are in a wedding dress honestly is not going to matter.

And there is nothing wrong with pedo cash either. Just because someone is a pedophile does not mean someone is a criminal sex offender, just the same as a gay person is not going to rape you just because you are the same sex as the gay person.

I can understand if people are uncomfortable with Nowi, Nyx, etc, in revealing clothing, but this is Sanaki in a very formal, conservative dress. This moral panic is no different from older generations bagging on Dungeons and Dragons for exposing people to Satanism just because there are depictions of demons and devils. People just assume the worst and jump to the most sensationalist conclusions.

Upgraded Spd/Res and Renewal seals. Will be upgrading Brazen Atk/Spd when I get it. It's not like my stash of 2k+ Sacred Coins is going anywhere. 

Running a horse team of BK!Chrom, SfP!Leo, BB!Louise, and SfP!Genny.