The Google Theory

Perkilator

This is a late topic in the subject, but I wanted to make it so more people can know about it.

Short story: The supposed 4 last characters are:

Spoiler

-Ryu Hayabusa

-Artorias (Dark Souls)

-Banjo and Kazooie

-Doomslayer/Doom Guy/Doom Marine (DOOM)

Long story: https://smashboards.com/threads/the-google-theory.483775/

I'm neutral on this leak until we get proper information on the next DLC fighters, but either way, take this with a grain of salt.

Doomguy in Smash? That's odd if the leaks are true, it's like putting Duke Nukem into Smash (Which is something they should totally do btw) it doesn't make that much sense. But I'm not complaining, just a little odd. 

Several people have busted the theory. The most definitive is from a thread by an employee who works for Google Ads.

8 hours ago, BZL8 said:

Several people have busted the theory. The most definitive is from a thread by an employee who works for Google Ads.

Disclaimer: I don't believe in the theory personally. I think it's just Google weirdness.

I don't think this debunks it at all. The fact that anyone could have made these ads has been known. The money was never even in question as far as I saw, what I want to know is: why would someone do something like this that no one may ever find? It's random chance that it was found at all (assuming the person who brought it to the attention of others isn't the one who set it up). This could have been here for months for all we know. And why is this a problem? Because fake leakers crave one thing: attention. They want people to believe their leak and spread it around. Paying for ad space that no one may ever notice and spread around isn't a great plan.

50 minutes ago, Florete said:

Disclaimer: I don't believe in the theory personally. I think it's just Google weirdness.

I don't think this debunks it at all. The fact that anyone could have made these ads has been known. The money was never even in question as far as I saw, what I want to know is: why would someone do something like this that no one may ever find? It's random chance that it was found at all (assuming the person who brought it to the attention of others isn't the one who set it up). This could have been here for months for all we know. And why is this a problem? Because fake leakers crave one thing: attention. They want people to believe their leak and spread it around. Paying for ad space that no one may ever notice and spread around isn't a great plan.

Not if the person or party who set this all up decided to create attention by claiming to have "discovered" the search results. I am suspicious because the links that the advertisements were showing never existed.

The Google leak wasn't advertising a real page operated by Nintendo, though. "www.nintendo.nl/SmashBros/FightersPass" never existed

Source:  https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-downloadable-contents-discussion-thread-2-challengers-approaching.114127/page-110#post-20822227 

I don't think this is real (let's face it what is real when it comes to Smash leaks?), but I think these choices would be pretty solid. Ryu Hayabusa and Doomguy are my most wanted, Banjo's been requested by lots of people, and Dark Souls would be cool to see in Smash, though I'd personally prefer Chosen Undead as a character.

• 2 weeks later...