what classes are you making the lords?

34 minutes ago, Azz said:

It really does actually. It doesn't seem very armoured tho like many people thought Edelgard would be like considering her proficiency in heavy armour, so I'm assuming each of the main three will probably remain infantry in their unique classes 

Given there seems to be a lot of classes I could see a canon noble class as a promotion as their early game class then late game they unlock their unlocked final class with unique mov types.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Azz said:

It really does actually. It doesn't seem very armoured tho like many people thought Edelgard would be like considering her proficiency in heavy armour, so I'm assuming each of the main three will probably remain infantry in their unique classes 

The movement aspects of their unique tree could come at a later promotion down the class line - this design doesn't strike me as a final promotion.

On top of that, the "tier system" seems to be a bit overhauled in that we likely have some class trees with four tiers this time around (Noble/Commoner -> Beginner Class -> Intermediate Class -> Advanced?)

6 hours ago, ArsSanctum said:

The movement aspects of their unique tree could come at a later promotion down the class line - this design doesn't strike me as a final promotion.

On top of that, the "tier system" seems to be a bit overhauled in that we likely have some class trees with four tiers this time around (Noble/Commoner -> Beginner Class -> Intermediate Class -> Advanced?)

People think that the Lv 5 Classes of Myrmidon/Soldier/Monk/Warrior will be Tier 1 and Lv 10 Classes will be Tier 2 if Students are Tier 0 but I think that both groups will be the first Tier, Classes unlocked at Levels 15 and 20 are Tier 2 classes, and then Advanced Classes are unlocked between Levels 25 and 30.

I definitely believe that the level 5 and level 10 classes are different tiers. Look at Monk and Mage. They are proficient in the exact same weapons yet one is unlocked later which to me clearly shows a gap in power between them. Similarly Myrmidon and Soldier seem greatly inferior to Mercenary and Cavalier which wouldn't make sense if they were same tier classes that just were unlocked later. Why would they give cavaliers more move, swords and Super canto and say it's just as good as the soldier. Yes every fire emblem isn't 100% balanced with it's classes but why would they choose to bring back super canto if it wasn't just superior to soldier in every way.

I think there will be 5 tiers. For example Noble - Myrmidon - Mercenary - Hero - Vanguard. Or Commoner - Fighter - Brigand - Warrior - Berserker.

38 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

I definitely believe that the level 5 and level 10 classes are different tiers. Look at Monk and Mage. They are proficient in the exact same weapons yet one is unlocked later which to me clearly shows a gap in power between them. Similarly Myrmidon and Soldier seem greatly inferior to Mercenary and Cavalier which wouldn't make sense if they were same tier classes that just were unlocked later. Why would they give cavaliers more move, swords and Super canto and say it's just as good as the soldier. Yes every fire emblem isn't 100% balanced with it's classes but why would they choose to bring back super canto if it wasn't just superior to soldier in every way.

I think there will be 5 tiers. For example Noble - Myrmidon - Mercenary - Hero - Vanguard. Or Commoner - Fighter - Brigand - Warrior - Berserker.

I could definitely see that, in which case the lords could have 1 "Tier 3" class and one "Tier 5" class, with Edel's being the class we saw in the Gambit scene(Axe Infantry) and her final class being Axe Armour. Similar with Dimitri having Lance Infantry then Lance/Sword infantry, and Claude having Bow Infantry then Bow Flying.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

43 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Exactly this, and plus famitsu refers to lv 10 classes as "intermediate",while Noble/Commoner and Lv 5 ones are "trainee", and i assume each new tier is going to get bigger and bigger.

So maybe its like "trainee>intermediate>advanced>master"

Edited by User name

4 minutes ago, User name said:

Exactly this, and plus famitsu refers to lv 10 classes as "intermediate",while Noble/Commoner and Lv 5 ones are "trainee", and i assume each new tier is going to get bigger and bigger.

That's a LOT of Seals though, Trainee Seal for Tier 1, Intermediate Seal for Tier 2, Advanced Seal for Tier 3 and Master Seal for Tier 4. We need Master Seals to make a return in one way though.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

19 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

That's a LOT of Seals though, Trainee Seal for Tier 1, Intermediate Seal for Tier 2, Advanced Seal for Tier 3 and Master Seal for Tier 4. We need Master Seals to make a return in one way though.

I thought that seal just gives you a 100% pass rate?

And there maybe a way to pass without one, like meet level and weapon rank conditions or something.

2 minutes ago, User name said:

I thought that seal just gives you a 100% pass rate?

And there maybe a way to pass without one, like meet level and weapon rank conditions or something.

In the trailer where it shows Edel promote to Brigand it does say in the text on the right: "Required Items: Intermediate Seal" which says to me that they are required to initiate the promotion and weapon rank conditions being met only furthers your chance of passing it(the reason Edel passed is because she had a C in Axes)

4 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

In the trailer where it shows Edel promote to Brigand it does say in the text on the right: "Required Items: Intermediate Seal" which says to me that they are required to initiate the promotion and weapon rank conditions being met only furthers your chance of passing it(the reason Edel passed is because she had a C in Axes)

Yeah i looked again at Feb direct,you NEED a seal to take exam.

I totaly forgot about seals actually lol

1 minute ago, User name said:

Yeah i looked again at Feb direct,you NEED a seal to take exam.

I totaly forgot about seals actually lol

Yeah I doubt the classes will be in a tree format though. Like you can promote to Cavalier(Tier 2) as your Intermediate class but you can still promote to a Halberdier(Tier 3) as long as your ranks in Lances are high enough, it doesn't lock you from going Cavalier - Paladin - Gold Knight after you pick your Tier 2 class.

That way the lords and Byleth can have 2 personal classes and they can still go to other classes in between. Say Edelgard promotes to her Advanced Class(Tier 3) and she maxes it out before getting to the point in the story where her Master Class is unlocked with Axes and Armour; so she becomes an Axe Paladin to wait until it's time to promote.

3 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Yeah I doubt the classes will be in a tree format though. Like you can promote to Cavalier(Tier 2) as your Intermediate class but you can still promote to a Halberdier(Tier 3) as long as your ranks in Lances are high enough, it doesn't lock you from going Cavalier - Paladin - Gold Knight after you pick your Tier 2 class.

That way the lords and Byleth can have 2 personal classes and they can still go to other classes in between. Say Edelgard promotes to her Advanced Class(Tier 3) and she maxes it out before getting to the point in the story where her Master Class is unlocked with Axes and Armour; so she becomes an Axe Paladin to wait until it's time to promote.

Skiping tiers maybe a thing yeah,( but wont we lose stat boosts if we do that?)

Also i think the class Edel was in at the end of Feb direct, is her unique Tier 3 class, it looked very regal.

10 minutes ago, User name said:

Also i think the class Edel was in at the end of Feb direct, is her unique Tier 3 class, it looked very regal.

They might add stat boosts from previous tiers on top of that then, by adding the stat boost of the parent class, say you promote to Paladin from Noble, then the stat boosts from Soldier and Cavalier are added to the Paladin ones. Or they could just follow the Echoes class system where no matter the level the class base stats stay the same, but then again promoting won't reset the level here so Idk.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

8 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

They might add stat boosts from previous tiers on top of that then, by adding the stat boost of the parent class, say you promote to Paladin from Noble, then the stat boosts from Soldier and Cavalier are added to the Paladin ones. Or they could just follow the Echoes class system where no matter the level the class base stats stay the same, but then again promoting won't reset the level here so Idk.

We need a New game+ option PRETY badly here lol

13 minutes ago, User name said:

We need a New game+ option PRETY badly here lol

Doubt it won't happen tbh. All this talk has me inspired to make a predictive class list might do it later.

18 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Doubt it won't happen tbh. All this talk has me inspired to make a predictive class list might do it later.

Also just a reminder, you can actually go back to a class you already unlocked,at any time without using a seal.

I wonder if you lose stats if you do that, like you in tier 3 and go back to tier 1, will you lose bonus stats from tiers 2 and 3?

2 minutes ago, User name said:

Also just a reminder, you can actually go back to a class you already unlocked,at any time without using a seal.

I wonder if you lose stats if you do that, like you in tier 3 and go back to tier 1, will you lose bonus stats from tiers 2 and 3?

Probably, since your level is retained but you'll keep the level up stats, etc. I was legit about to say in that last post that you can swap back as much as you like from previously used classes.

18 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Probably, since your level is retained but you'll keep the level up stats, etc. I was legit about to say in that last post that you can swap back as much as you like from previously used classes.

Watch them pull a Xenoblade X and the startig Noble/Commoner class is actually the best class because it will be able to use ANY class skills.

7 minutes ago, User name said:

Watch them pull a Xenoblade X and the startig Noble/Commoner class is actually the best class because it will be able to use ANY class skills.

I'm pretty sure every class can use every weapon apart from fliers and cavs not using Gauntlets BUT are only "proficient in the Professor levels the class specifies" but who knows what proficient means. But I could totally see that happening if not for that fact. 

1 hour ago, User name said:

How would you lose stats exactly? Let's say that a Soldier has twice the strength of a Noble and a Cavalier has twice the strength of a Soldier. If you go from Noble to Soldier you'd double your strength, and if you then go to Cavalier you'll double your strength again. If you go directly from Noble to cavalier you'd quadruple your strength since Cavaliers have four times the strength of Nobles. Thus the end result is exactly the same either way.

Gonna put my class speculations in here and probably edit it into the classes discussion page after. 5 Tiers(0 = Base; 1 = Trainee; 2 = Intermediate; 3 = Advanced; 4 = Master).

Base Classes:            

Spoiler

Noble/Commoner(No proficiencies)

Trainee Classes:                       

Spoiler

Myrmidon(Swords)
Soldier(Lances)
Fighter(Axes; Bows; Fighting)
Monk(Reason; Faith)

Intermediate Classes:                    

Spoiler

Mercenary(Swords; Axes)
Thief(Swords; Bows)
Cavalier(Lances; Swords; Riding)
Knight(Lances; Axes; Hvy Armour)
Brigand(Axes; Fighting)
Brawler(Axes; Fighting(M))
Archer(Bows; Fighting)
Mage(Reason; Faith)
Dark Mage(Reason; Faith(M))
Priest(Reason; Faith)
Cleric(Reason; Faith(F))
Wyvern Rider(Lances; Swords; Flying)
Pegasus Knight(Lances; Swords; Flying(F))

Advanced Classes:

Spoiler

Hero(Swords; Axes; Authority)
Swordmaster(Swords)
Rogue(Swords; Bows; Fighting)
Paladin(Lances; Swords; Riding; Authority)
Halberdier(Lances)
Mage Rider(Reason; Swords; Riding)
Troubadour(Faith; Swords; Riding)
General(Lances; Axes; Hvy Armour; Authority)
Mage Knight(Reason; Lances; Hvy Armour)
War Cleric(Faith; Lances; Hvy Armour)
Warrior(Axes; Fighting; Authority)
Berserker(Axes)
Brawler*(Axes; Fighting; Swords)(M)
Sniper(Bows)
Bow Knight(Bows; Lances; Riding)
Sage(Reason; Faith; Authority)
Sorcerer(Reason; Faith; Authority)(M)
Falcon Knight(Lances; Swords; Flying; Authority)(F)
Mage Flier(Reason; Lances; Flying)
Light Flier(Faith; Lances; Flying)
Wyvern Lord(Lances; Swords; Axes; Flying)
Wyvern Knight(Lances; Swords; Flying; Authority)
Wyvern Mage(Reason; Faith; Lances; Flying)

Master Classes:

Spoiler

Vanguard(Swords; Axes; Authority)
Trueblade(Swords; Authority)
Assassin(Swords; Bows; Fighting)
Gold Knight(Lances; Swords; Riding; Authority)
Silver Knight(Lances; Swords; Axes; Riding; Hvy Armour)
Sentinel(Lances; Authority)
Valkyrie(Reason; Faith; Swords; Riding)
Rune Rider(IDK with these names anymore)(Reason; Swords; Riding; Authority)

Baron(Lances; Axes; Swords; Hvy Armour; Authority)

Captain(Lances; Axes; Bows; Hvy Armour)

Dark Knight(Reason; Lances; Swords; Hvy Armour)

Enchanter(Faith; Lances; Swords; Hvy Armour)
Reaver(Axes; Authority)
Brawler**(Axes; Bows; Fighting)(M)
Deadeye(Bows; Authority)
Bow Paladin(Swords; Bows; Riding)
Druid(Swords; Reason; Faith; Authority)
Cantor(Reason; Faith; Authority) - Summon Skill
Warlock(Swords; Reason; Faith; Authority)
Bishop(Reason; Faith; Fighting Authority)

Dark Bishop(Reason; Faith; Authority)(M)

Celestial(Faith, Reason; Bows; Authority)(F)
Seraph Knight(Lances; Swords; Bows; Flying; Authority)(F)
Champion(Faith; Lances; Swords; Flying)
Dark Flier(Reason; Faith; Lances; Flying)
Wyvern Master(Lances; Swords; Axes; Flying; Authority)
Wyvern Mage(Reason; Faith; Lances; Axes; Flying)

* means it's the expanded form of the class it's put next to, ** means it's 2 tiers up from that class if that makes sense, just haven't thought of a name.
If I missed anything it's because I haven't proof read it because I've been working on this for close to an hour.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.