Similarities and differences of Falchion and the Tyrfying

KnightRaid

So a while back, I've heard some commotion about the Falchion and the tyrfing looking the exact same sword via appearance, so what I did was that I took screenshots of the swords from heroes, cropped it, made a collage, and did an analysis with a friend of mine in class at school, and so this is what me and him saw:

Why does the Hilt of the sword look the exact same? 

Actually, it doesn't, on the Falchion, you can see that on the very edge of the hilt or what it's called, it is very cut, but on the tyrfing, it's not, it's fairly sharpened

Why is the gem in the middle the same gem?

Actually, it is the same gem, but as you can see the color varies, sure it's the same color, but the color scheme is different, on the tyrfing, its a little darker, but on the Falchion, it's a little brighter

Remember, each blade is created differently and named differently (except the pararlell Falchion and Chroms Falchion) but yeah, that's all that I found on the two swords, I hope this analysation helped clear everyone's questions on why the swords sorta look the same.

20190520_112240-COLLAGE.jpg

To be honest, pre-Awakening artwork of Tyrfing was nearly identical to that of Falchion. Even Awakening Tyrfing has some similarities with Awakening Falchion, though it's fairly different otherwise.

Was there some news that Kaga wanted to include a Falchion-like weapon in each game he did or something? I thought I heard that around these parts a few months ago.

I mean, it makes sense if true, considering Tryfing's nearly identical design to Falchion (and Valentia in Gaiden also had a Falchion).

7 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Was there some news that Kaga wanted to include a Falchion-like weapon in each game he did or something? I thought I heard that around these parts a few months ago.

I mean, it makes sense if true, considering Tryfing's nearly identical design to Falchion (and Valentia in Gaiden also had a Falchion).

Yes that's the thing, My theory is that when Shadow dragon was released and it was a huge hit back then in Japan and when Falchion was the first divine blade, to me I'm assuming that when they were creating a different fire emblem game (besides the world of Archanea, but example such as the world of Genealogy), they looked back at how Falchion was an iconic and popular blade that they created a Falchion-like sword so that the game would be more appealing and more interesting (excluding the incest....)