"Serenes Veterans" And General Xenophobia

Jyosua

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, the only purpose I would see for a veterans group is just something like an enlarged PM box... I don't really see the need to give them any other benefits. Though the problem with giving them a simple title is that it sometimes brings an ego with it (as I have seen on several other boards [though we also remove said title if that ego was apparent.])

Anyway, the "In light of recent events" announcement showed exactly why the staff made this decision. I agree with the staff

WTF is this with people migrating? And what does FESS stand for? Is it really that much of a shithole that there's coming here? And why the creame cheese are we being mean to the poor people coming from this board of asshats? Somebody want to fill me in over PM?

WTF is this with people migrating? And what does FESS stand for? Is it really that much of a shithole that there's coming here? And why the creame cheese are we being mean to the poor people coming from this board of asshats? Somebody want to fill me in over PM?

This was already explained here.

I think here is better before someone jumps down your throat. FESS was an FE site, it closed, they are coming here.

Edit.. I am so tired of people posting while I do and I can't delete my posts. Honestly if you have a forum this active with a problem THIS common, you should really allow people to delete their unreplied to posts for when this happens.

Edited by Death

I think here is better before someone jumps down your throat. FESS was an FE site, it closed, they are coming here.

Edit.. I am so tired of people posting while I do and I can't delete my posts. Honestly if you have a forum this active with a problem THIS common, you should really allow people to delete their unreplied to posts for when this happens.

it actually doesn't happen that often. We don't allow people to delete their posts because some might abuse it.

Not that often? I have been active here for 2 days and it has happened to me several times. But whatever, if it becomes a big enough issue you'll change it, if not I'll get used to it or scamper back off, haha.

That's just you, don't click the Add Reply button several times. It shouldn't double post then.

Honestly, if you haven't gotten used to someone beating you to posting something (and subsequently having to edit your post saying "Oops, beaten." at the bottom or whatever), then you really haven't experienced much, IMHO. When you have even a moderate sized memberbase, you're inevitably, without a doubt, going to run into a situation where someone inevitably just barely clicks "Submit Post" before you do (or vice versa). Especially in a topic that is supposed to be read by the memberbase and has already drawn 62 replies. It will happen even more often in more important threads, too.

Realistically, though, it shouldn't matter if your post was just a millisecond behind or not, because you might have slightly different information in your post, or it might be more clear for someone else to understand. And, Jyosua already mentioned the possibility for abuse in deleting posts.

Deletion of posts might have been allowed if IPB actually kept a record of them as advertised, which they don't for some reason (they're only recorded for mods and up) : /

Don't know if it's just our version of IPB though.

Edited by VincentASM

Don't see much of a point of deleting your posts if someone beat you to it. Besides what was mentioned, someone beat you to the punch - so what? At least it shows you're both being helpful.

Apparently this is one of the things I missed during my absence. Sigh...

You must feel so welcome =D

Wow, I wasn't here for whenever this happened... but I'm kinda glad I wasn't there... =/

Well, anyways, welcome to all of the newcomers. I hope everyone will end up settling in here well.