Enhance a wish: FE edition

Emperor_Siegfried

I don't know if I'm just impatient or if everybody has just run out of ideas, but it seems like the "Corrupt a wish: FE edition" section has run into a bit of a brick wall.  I was bored though and I decided that I'd like to see if this can go anywhere.

It's all in the title really, start off making an FE related wish, next poster grants that wish, but instead of making that wish be corrupted, that wish is instead even better than what the previous wisher could have asked for.  And then, they come up with their own wish for the next poster to enhance.

i.e. this:
- I wish Chris Avellone was hired as a writer for the next Fire Emblem game.
- Granted.  The new Fire Emblem he works on is the first game in the franchise to be universally recognized for having writing that is actually good and sets a great new standard for the franchise going forward that is taken very seriously.

So to start it off:

I wish the next Fire Emblem game was worked on by the people who made the No More Heroes games.

Granted. Now FE has more appeal with the fanbases of that series and with all the money Nintendo prioritizes FE and starts making merch and making remakes for FE4 and 5 and 6 and we all live in happiness.

I wish Rebecca had good art and were a bettter unit in FEH.

She is the most beatifully drawn character in the entire game, and she manages to be a top tier archer unit that doesn't invalidate the rest of the cast.

3 hours ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

I don't know if I'm just impatient or if everybody has just run out of ideas, but it seems like the "Corrupt a wish: FE edition" section has run into a bit of a brick wall.

It hasn't really hit a brick wall. It just needs a good kick every now and again to answer the occasionally niche question. Also, good idea for a forum game. There is much potential here...

I wish that Kellam received an alternative ending if he is the MVP of the run.

54 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

She is the most beatifully drawn character in the entire game, and she manages to be a top tier archer unit that doesn't invalidate the rest of the cast.

It hasn't really hit a brick wall. It just needs a good kick every now and again to answer the occasionally niche question. Also, good idea for a forum game. There is much potential here...

I wish that Kellam received an alternative ending if he is the MVP of the run.

Granted: Kellam becomes a great hero of Ylisse, but his name is lost in history due to no pictures nor any proof of him ever existing.

I wish Izana didn't die in Revelations! 

Edited by Bloom

eh why not

i wish that another remake of the archanea series is done only in an fe3 two in one format with plenty of attention put towards updating and decking out the game in all the bells and whistles and excellent writing well remaining true to the core ideas present within the archanea games.

cause like, i was listening to three houses theme song  (kek) and i was suddenly swept up in an urge to play a game where i could wander around a camp and talk to marth and caeda and cain and abel and jagen and alllll the rest in between chapters.

3 hours ago, Bloom said:

I wish Izana didn't die in Revelations! 

Granted. Izana manages to figure out who is working for Anankos before they get to Valla and ensures that he can't kill Scarlet, while also having a positive influence on Anthony's brief spotlight. He also finally gets an ending where his hair recovers and wins every hair competition.

1 hour ago, NobodiePichu said:

i wish that another remake of the archanea series is done only in an fe3 two in one format with plenty of attention put towards updating and decking out the game in all the bells and whistles and excellent writing well remaining true to the core ideas present within the archanea games.

cause like, i was listening to three houses theme song  (kek) and i was suddenly swept up in an urge to play a game where i could wander around a camp and talk to marth and caeda and cain and abel and jagen and alllll the rest in between chapters.

Granted. The remake manages to straddle the two titles surprisingly well, adding mechanics to integrate the two better, making manaketes like they were in MotE, fixing what was absolutely unfair to play and rewriting Kris so that he doesn't remove Marth's development from SD and still feels like he has a reason to exist. 

Also, the camp takes the elements that were in NMotE and makes it free roam.

I wish Ippei was involved in the art direction of a future title.

48 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Granted. All the future art is great and he still interacts with the fans as he does through his Art

I wish all future titles will have CQ level gameplay or better, and a Story on par with Trails.

Granted. The writers also decide to take their writing and character design into better consideration all while integrating all the elements of the game together - the story, the characters, and the gameplay - in an amazing way. Less fanservice pandering happens as a result, and people actually think that the production team is the best in the business.

I wish the FEH would stop making higher tiered skills on just the new units and overall placed more importance on balancing new elements with the old whilst avoiding powercreep

1 hour ago, Arcphoenix said:

I wish the FEH would stop making higher tiered skills on just the new units and overall placed more importance on balancing new elements with the old whilst avoiding powercreep

Granted. Units in FEH have been updated to have new and old skills. It is even more possible now to use any unit and succeed to with a very nice degree of success. 

I wish Ninetendo/Intelligent Systems stopped fucking up their character's personalities and actually portray the characters the way they should be.

1 hour ago, Bhoop said:

I wish Ninetendo/Intelligent Systems stopped fucking up their character's personalities and actually portray the characters the way they should be.

Granted: The characters now act serious when the game needs it

I wish Jill and Patty were in Heroes

6 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I wish Jill and Patty were in Heroes

Granted; Jill brings us the long awaited Firesweep Axe+.

I wish the weapon triangle also affected Attack Speed slightly.

Granted. The weapon triangle is now an advanced system that affects gameplay differently for each matchup. To compensate, classes now use multiple weapons (including enemies on the higher difficulties!) leading to a vibrant, complex game of manipulating not only your own equipment, but that of your enemies. The intricate dance of counterpicking weapons offers the greatest depth the series has seen, and Lunatic mode is now for applying advanced strategies against a skilled AI opponent, rather than a brute force grind fest.

I wish there were a Fire Emblem campaign editor, similar to Wargroove.

5 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

I wish there were a Fire Emblem campaign editor, similar to Wargroove.

Granted, the mode has so much depth and creative freedom that fans start creating amazing fan games out of it prompting IS to hire some of those people to help work on the next big FE game ala what Sega did with Sonic Mania.

I wish awakening could get an HD remaster with full voice acting and an enhanced story

Granted! Now you can hear every character say every support, and all the story moments are more serious. The minor plot holes and niggles are also smoothed over, and a stronger connection is made with the Archanea games.

I wish that Personal Skills could be backported into remakes of the other games in the series, including an upcoming Binding Blade remake.

The Personal Skills implemented are amazing and add tons of new mechanics and strategies to the game, but at the same time, you're never forced to use any one unit so you're free to pick whichever character you like. Fun will be the number one priority with this new system.

The Personal Skills also counterbalance any disadvantages a character may have in comparison to others, creating a unique niche for all of them, making all debates (mostly the especially heated ones that end in personal insults and stuff) on who is the best unit essentially pointless, bringing the fandom together in glorious harmony playing a game they love.

I wish the next Fire Emblem game that included an Avatar and marriage had a special ending scene that changes depending on your chosen spouse.

Granted. The ending scene is a studio quality animated short film, depicting you, your spouse, and your children travelling across the peaceful world you helped create. It ends the story nicely, as it shows your travels across the lands you saved.

I wish the next Fire Emblem game had a dark tone, similar to FE4.

Granted.  The game uses its tone in a very professional and well executed way to where the in-game story manages to be very compelling because of the tone and flows seamlessly into the gameplay as well to where the players are taken through some soul crushing turns that manage to really challenge the player as well on top of which are complemented by the gripping outcomes for what the main characters are forced to endure.

I wish the next Fire Emblem game was the first game in the franchise to be rated AO.

4 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

I wish the next Fire Emblem game was the first game in the franchise to be rated AO.

Even still, granted. Despite the bad publicity from being and adult-rated game, it becomes an interesting piece of history, as Nintendo played around it by making that game the first Nintendo game on PC. Not exactly a venture they would do again, but still.

For the game itself, it’s kind of pre-season 8 Game of Thrones. Everything is still grounded, though, providing a narrative some fans have been waiting for since Genealogy. There is gore, more cussing than usual, and controversial topics up the wazoo. And, of course, the game still got censored in the more... explicit scenes involving certain male and female characters.

Seriously, though, why would you give it AO. Make it M at max, please.

I wish Adult Tiki got a Legendary alt in Heroes based on her appearance in the true ending of the Awakening Future Past DLC. And I want to ensure she is balanced, while still being top-tier (providing counters to certain units and such).

Granted. She's on a banner of the Gods, starring herself, Naga, Ashera, and Mila. They are then put in a voting gauntlet against Duma, Yune, F!Grima and L!Ike in a battle of the gods (Ike gets in because screw the mortal/divine barrier, he's IKE.) IS tries something new with this voting gauntlet by involving a detailed map of the outrealms showing people's faith. After a week-long, truly epic battle, the entire playerbase is left with mountains of hype and quite a few free units!

I wish for a new indie pack in Smash Bros Ultimate starring Reimu, Hat Kid, Shovel Knight, Shantae, Cuphead and Mercia.

(Despite it being off-topic)

Wish granted. Shovel Knight becomes the surprise of the lot, becoming the competitive king of a bunch who at worst are B tier. Hat Kid and Shantae lead to the addition of an adventure mode which uses 2.5D to compensate for Hat Kid's focus on 3D. Reimu and Cuphead's addition leads to a bullet hell mode where the aim is to survive an onslaught of projectiles, Mercia adds a mode with a TBS element, where you lead parties of characters against the AI and online against others. The game also releases a new FE character right after: Anna, who essentially plays with multiple weapon types and has surprisingly good range and melee as a result.

I wish there was a spinoff with all the units who disappear at the end of their stories.

It's a epic time-spanning, outworld exploring adventure that provides backstory and lore for every game in the series while being solid in its own right. We get interactions we didn't know we wanted, a unique world to travel through, and gameplay that pays homage to every game in the series. And everyone gets proper endings this time!

I wish there was an adventure game and/or manga series that showed what Laurent did with 5 years to himself.

Wish granted. It also gets adapted to an anime series, live action television series, and movie series, and they all got critical acclaim and earned Intelligent Systems a lot of money, which then cause the whole Fire Emblem series to be adapted.

I wish Heroes lets us continue to play the game offline after service discontinues.

Edited by XRay

By then, they added every single character in Fire Emblem into the game, reworked several to do them justice, and make everyone viable. They also found the right balance between introducing new heroes and giving them alts, and nothing you can unlock is useless. After the game goes offline, the rewards are balanced so that you aren't pushed on buying them, the summoning pools cycle on their own, the multiplayer aspect has several fan servers that will go strong for decades to come, and events repeat at appropriate increments. Oh yeah, and at least one the books has a good story.

I wish there was a Fire Emblem Olympics Game.

Granted. It's a sports game featuring every Olympic Sport. EVERY Olympic Sport! It also has a great control scheme with advanced mechanics, leading to several of the minigames becoming esports with small, tightly-knit communities. The FE tie-in also allows for new sports like pegasus flying, magic duels, magic gymnastics and wind-tome-enhanced athletics to make a showing. There's also a single player adventure mode which contains robust yet fun tutorials for each of the games while being wrapped in a wholesome, friendly story.

I wish the next Fire Emblem game allowed you to create your own legendary weapon at a divine smithy.