Enhance a wish: FE edition

Emperor_Siegfried

Fire Emblem: Godmaker's smith fits very well with it's story themes of making a legend for yourself and carving out your own path, and the options for different weapon types, elemental affiliations, and stat boosts and innate skills means that it's very fun!

I want a science fiction Fire Emblem!

IS successfully brings medieval weaponry into the sci-fi age, with each weapon having a new function while still fitting it's past niches. They manage to successfully add guns as a weapon type, there are several unique and varied aliens in the game with their own strengths, weaknesses, and classes, and there are giant mech fights and spaceship battles. The story is also good, finding a right balance to paying homage to classic sci-fi movies, television books, videogames, etc. while still being its own thing.

I wish that Shadows of Valentia would get a sequel.

If this were corrupt a wish, I would have just said "Granted" then a link to FE13. Anyway, the sequel details a grand conflict between Valentia, Archanea, and smaller nations, while following a story arc similar to FE10. There are over 70 chapters split across the different armies with all classes gaining 3rd tier promotions to gear up for a finale of grand proportions. The project also builds on series staples like barracks and supports in an ambitious way to make a complete experience fans from across the series can enjoy, setting the series standard moving forward. No-one quite knows how they fit it all onto a switch cartridge, though!

I wish dagger units were useful in FEH.

Granted, there is a huge update that give dagger units new and old much needed buffs in the form of stats, skills, and weapons. This ushers in a brand new meta in heroes where most daggers are pretty top tier but not too broken.

I wish Severa could get into Feh soon.

Isn't she technically already there, though?

She is, and she'll have some very useful skills that will make her very strong, but not too overpowered. She will also be fairly easy to get, so you have to pay nothing for extra orbs to summon her.

I wish FEH was a full fledged console game with no predatory gacha mechanics.

Edited by DragonFlames

• 4 weeks later...

There are no pay to win mechanics. The rewards are adjusted for a console game. There are several more mechanics and larger maps while still keeping the fast pace and complexity. New Heroes are balanced to be added alongside the roster instead of invalidating much of the previous characters. Being on a console allows more space for character interaction, so characters from different games interacting with each other is explored in-depth. The game can still be played even when the final update occurs. PVP is balanced, fair, and fun. The animations and affects are expanded upon greatly. The fanservice is tasteful, and they have fun with the seasonals and alts rather than trying to sell characters through them. Finally, the game doesn't take any phone space, so you don't have to delete the game or other things whenever an update occurs.

I wish that Sumia supported with Stahl and Kellam.

Despite the fact that these have to have the S Support, the supports work surprisingly well. Kellam's allows for both Sumia and Kellam to move away from their gimmicks, showing a Kellam who starts to make his presence more known and a Sumia who grows in confidence and ability throughout the supports. With Stahl on the other hand it's a set of conversations that show the two have a great deal of comfort around each other and that they both able to discuss what drives them without worrying about their issues or neuroses as a distraction. And that's just me thinking on it, so it's probably not that good and there's probably more to be done with it.

I wish that if we get another pair of FE titles like PoR/RD that the connections and data transfer between the two games are expanded on.

Granted. The game is like Genealogy of the Holy War, except two full games of it. Data transfer produces all the complexities that the second generation of FE4 did and has sweeping effects on the story. Who you married, who you chose to kill and spare, and many other decisions produce meaningful impacts on the sequel, all potential results feeling satisfying and organic. Even playing the second game alone works brilliantly, and the game allows the player to shuffle pairings and generation one events at the start of each playthrough, effectively producing a built in randomizer.

I wish that Heroes was the only Fire Emblem game.

Granted. All FE titles receive mobile ports which act as cheap DLC for Heroes, thus meaning FEH is technically the only FE game, as all the other games are a subset of FEH.

The games are ported quite well, retaining all of their original mechanics and quirks, while still keeping costs down.

I wish for anti-lootbox bills to mess with FEH.

Granted. The pay-To-win aspects of the game are kept to a minimum and are more reasonably priced. If you want to get far in the game, you're going to have to earn every step of the way.

I wish that Awakening had reaver weapons.

Granted.  The weapons are dispersed throughout the game in very fair locations and given the right amount of power in such a way so that the challenge factor doesn't get completely derailed.  And some of the bosses have them as well so they that they balance out the new advantage given to players but not to the point of being cheap.

I wish Camilla had 385 new alts for Fire Emblem Heroes.

We get another one every day, and after that there's no more Camilla alts. They cover a wide variety of themes and topics which extend to other characters that fit the subject matter extremely well. Several unique combinations of skills, weapons, classes, and more come out of these alts, and the best ones find their way into Fire Emblem proper, expanding the gameplay even further.

I wish that the clipping issues with the animations would be solved.

Intelligent Systems gets the master of clipping issues on board, Clippy the Paperclip, and he clips the clipping right out of existence with his assistance-offering programming knowledge.

I wish for 7 versions of Saul to be in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Every single one has him trying and failing to successfully creep, with most of the seasonal alts having something akin to Wolt being slapped in the face with a fish. They're primarily seasonal (like summer, hallow'een or christmas, all of which use different weapons) but he manages to get a good alt on the banner where we finally get Dorothy.

It gets some laughs, but he's surprisingly consistent in the metagame and makes his way into teams despite usually being infantry.

I wish the ten alts or something we'll get for Byleth aren't swordlocked.

I wish those character endings where they vanish were handled better.

• 3 weeks later...

While the characters are sadly forgotten by history, the player gets to know what adventures they had after the main game is over, and they strike the right balance between being specific and leaving things for the players imagination to fill.

I wish there was a Wild West themed Fire Emblem game.

• 4 weeks later...

Granted.  It's like a super refined version of the PC game Hard West and manages to bail the tone and overall grit of classic westerns even better than Red Dead Redemption II does.  On top of that, it manages to be the best fusion of the old west and fantasy genres since Wild Arms.

I wish Cornelia was recruitable and possible to S support in Three Houses.

• 1 year later...

She is a masterwork of a character, revealing much about the inner workings of TWISTD and the emtional struggles of it.

I wish for a Thracia remake.

It adds a new, optional secondary campaign to be played at your leisure and tells you everything it should have already told you in the original, as well as getting rid of the jank.

I wish the next fire emblem would come out tomorrow.

It turns out that behind the scenes after all this time developers were making Fire Emblem Echoes: Embers of Elibe where Toy is now an avatar and the story is changed so that he us a commando every single plot important battle always, all the ladies are always swooning over him, and the regular ending sees him in 21 relationships at once.  The good ending adds Idunn to that list!

I wish the next game had an isekai protagonist.

• 3 years later...

Granted. It incorporates VR technology to make it look like the player, revealed to be the isekai'ed protagonist, really is in the game. It also quite advanced enough to be very immersive, it can react to any individual action you do despite no two players doing or saying the same.

I wish Engage outsells Three Houses.