Wyatt's Adventure in Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter

Darros

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

This is an issue I had as well with this hack: the text is so cringe-worthy or just plain out of place completely, although some parts have their moments it's to inconsistent to take seriously. as far as the gameplay is concerned, your advancing way quicker than I was, I struggled a lot a bit after the mid way point, it was mostly my fault for not leveling up, though. Great job on getting this far, look forward to seeing more!

It is really back and forth but it is at least consistently bad so far! Honestly I think that this Sleep Powder is going to be clutch, as long as Butterfree doesn't get outsped by everything in the long run. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it so far! The game is really hit or miss, but I'm having fun documenting it at least!

11 hours ago, Darros said:

It is really back and forth but it is at least consistently bad so far! Honestly I think that this Sleep Powder is going to be clutch, as long as Butterfree doesn't get outsped by everything in the long run. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it so far! The game is really hit or miss, but I'm having fun documenting it at least!

I made it as far as after Blaine's segment, then couldn't figure out what to do, sadly. While the game's text is pretty questionable at times, I have to say, the events are done pretty well and the graphics are pretty nice. I can at least say I enjoyed playing to that far, so that's a good sign! Yeah, for sure hoping to see much more!

On 5/25/2019 at 6:06 AM, Dayni said:

How'd you do that?

Asking for possible relevance in future.

Holy shit I just realized that I didn't answer this. There's a button in the text editor that looks like <>, and you can input code snippets in there. The thing about coding interfaces is that each letter or symbol takes up the same amount of width, so something like

i_.4

becomes

i_.4

You can use this to make multiple lines perfectly evenly spaced rather than trying to screw around with the space bar and getting something that mostly works and gets eaten on mobile.

Also tomorrow is Canada Day! Because I have the whole day off I will be able to put an update out no problem.

Edited by Darros

Happy Canada Day! It's also Monday! Have an update before I go on a run!

Spoiler

ISKx9UNP_o.png

We start off in the most gruesome manner possible.

q5CjiwPO_o.png

I sure bet Onix likes to go in raw. Eyoooooooo

ZiD9gD50_o.pngF4RysIyX_o.png87oPSSpt_o.pngMP3NurrS_o.png

This is pretty commonplace in Pokemon hacks, but it's a very welcome addition.

mNTMKLzq_o.png

We're treated to a cutscene when we leave.

AhwAavt5_o.png

Oh my fucking god Hillary get it together.

vAOK6ELR_o.png

These guys are having none of it though.

23hWkXsP_o.png

But the Pikachu kills them to death and runs away. Die forever!

l82UY4A5_o.png

They actually aren't dead though, and give a bit of a weird line but it's not cringey, just bad.

I then took a 4 hour break to watch a baseball game instead of curate quality content. The Jays won, it's very Canadian! Here's a picture of Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Integrity commented on his voluptuous behind.

TcOOvanR_o.jpg

And honestly, he ain't wrong.

81HYjzLv_o.png

Now it's evening, apparently, and naturally, the first thing I try to do is leave the town. One of the things I've liked about Gen I and Gen II is that you can kind of explore to a reasonable degree. This hack instead seems to want to block us off at every opportunity.

Taiqjz3i_o.png

It's mostly okay.

E0xAnLJh_o.png4r8L98kn_o.png

Unfortunately, every single time I see Martha Farkle I pop a fucking blood vessel. Who the fuck thought this was a good way to stop progress? Pokemon is usually semi-realistic when they want to stop you from going somewhere but this hack is pretty much this interaction at every stop:

U8ch2ZHd_o.jpg

It's actually fucking annoying, and it brings our CRAP counter to 12. We're going to start racking them up now:

QzZTiLTu_o.pngfeP67WMI_o.png

Singing Don't Stop Believing in public spaces is something that begins and ends with high school drama festivals. 13.

9cbnGBqq_o.pngCB0QlZAP_o.png

Have a fucking normal person, for once.

FQCLuRbP_o.png

WpnjRBTQ_o.png

66SkIHRP_o.png

We're going to take a break and go to the museum!

1I1TPaYj_o.pngTJkhtIpw_o.png

14. There's no escaping.

5UVi6gBA_o.pngyYWeot2S_o.png

This I actually got a genuine laugh out of, it looks like the author can do humor once in a while!

HBi4bZvO_o.pngMFCeERCX_o.png

This is just kind of weird but it's a nice homage, I guess.

tK635btQ_o.png

PggDzqnP_o.png

I didn't actually play Gen IV, is Cyrus supposed to be oblivious?

Back outside for us.

YEhaMWqe_o.png

Eyes emoji.

Gs9HpJYF_o.png

His schlong. His schlong is strong and long.

And now it's time to BEHOLD, the WORST line in this hack.

tSNQ9YAC_o.pngKAKpb7Ox_o.png

OWGG43Es_o.png

I'm struggling here. This is a fucking crime against humanity, y'all. This is a fucking MegaCRAP, but I'm being honest in my count so even though I wish I could give it a million points, it gets one, bringing us to 15.

There's only one house we haven't entered yet, and it's... cringey in a weird way?

dK0uuAnY_o.pngfhUJJOQT_o.png

This isn't going good places.

ayvd2El4_o.pngUTYlBio7_o.pngR1F75X1d_o.png

So, 16. But seriously, this bothers me. How the fuck does this add to your hack in any way, shape, or form? It's unnecessarily edgy but not in a haha epic ex dee way, but by adding fluff to something that tries to be serious in a hack that otherwise really isn't. But inconsistencies aside, why the fuck is this old man telling us, a total stranger, but not his wife this? This is bad writing on every account.

TgJT9h9R_o.png

Let's get to it, I guess.

6U12UUz3_o.pngPPjXup9L_o.png

Some laying it out.

vPl2vYzb_o.png

No sir!

eamHPrCh_o.png

Hillary continues to have one brain cell.

pnJPI5u5_o.pngn5uTchTz_o.pngIHHE15Ph_o.pngBjv8V0Oz_o.png

Just call me an exterminator! But first I want into your shop.

Z6VuxH6C_o.png

OH YEAH BAYBEE. Classic!

5yI4Ditf_o.pngLZDVKGQ2_o.png

My name is Hillary Montoya. You stole some shit from a clerk I just met in Pewter City. Prepare to Die.

7L128eC2_o.png

Cute sprite! The custom spritework (Other than some of the sprites that pop up in character text) has been nice so far. I have enjoyed that.

pAsXrFBP_o.png

Alright, this level curve isn't being nice to me so I'll probably have to kick its stats down a notch.

bUx9scBh_o.png

I got thundershocked once. Christ.

hbr4zp42_o.png

Christ

8SuWc3uZ_o.png

Well fuck me, I guess. Every other Pokemon I have that's feasible is weak to buddy by. We're just going to hope for sleep.

XOP7qCAG_o.png

It outspeeds me so I'm really rolling with the punches here.

g56MLhyS_o.png

It only uses Quick Attack, thank Fuck, and I can sleep it and then chip away.

vZiiB2bg_o.png

It does wake up once, but this over and over while keeping it asleep works. It's still wild, so it'll pull from its moveset randomly and use Tail Whip sometimes.

7IgcxTfC_o.png

I also fall just shy of a level, so no stat updates today.

vXsIl1UD_o.png

It then prompts me to nickname, and there's only one acceptable inspiration:

9hCRyMJZ_o.gif

GKpHYgMa_o.png

kb3lKww9_o.png

I regain control and he's following me which is cute!

gqnfJhvm_o.png

One thing I didn't praise is these little emoji that pop up. I really have been enjoying them as a small implementation in the game. I know I bitch a lot (and there's a lot to bitch about) but there are some ups to this hack, especially on the graphical side.

doF2V7bh_o.png

CMt4aQ53_o.png

Any guesses to its nature?

9qSLUBSb_o.png

Yeah, kind of your only option when you have no brain.

e9Id795M_o.png

This is still shit I never signed up for!!!!!

4W3M5sG0_o.png

When did you decide this??????

81ZjsUu0_o.png

Grrr!!

i7r6XxZ6_o.pngubwQhEHe_o.png

You're the one picking the fight, asshole!

ywY4Od4G_o.png

Oh that's me, I think.

BjUgSQYa_o.png

A challenge! Except it's probably scripted but we'll go with it!

06Nwdw7T_o.png

This is actually a pretty short chapter, all in all.

I don't have a picture of things to come because the level curve in this game absolutely sucks and I am several levels below the entry to the gym so I'm going to grind, as I do. I'm not updating on grinding though, so I'll give a stat recap at the beginning of the next update on how far I went.

I said I wasn't going to update with grinding but then enough stuff happened to warrant a short update instead of putting it at the beginning of the next one.

Spoiler

Grinding is kind of necessary in this hack, the level curve is completely broken.

u0KR9JPm_o.png

Case in point.

This is kind of the boring part though so I'll show what happened.

vmpk3Wc2_o.png

vzBHGCad_o.png

Maybe he'll suck a little less now.

My goal was to get everyone I'm using to 15. I learned about some new rebalancing as well this hack did..

eeNsQmQv_o.png

No STAB, but this is still entirely fucking broken for 97% accuracy sleep powder and dream eater. We toss out tackle. (Butterfree also learns GUST the next level, so OP)

rHI6c8t1_o.png

This Pikachu has some nasty IVs. Usually they're hidden, so I try not to care about it too much but it feels different to have its badness right in front of me the entire game. It isn't immediately useful anyway, so it gets benched.

I do some poking around, and end up on the Pokedex for some reason and.... ?

4pYIIoI4_o.png

Huh?

GjdiTqFR_o.png

Huh?

For the game continuing to taunt me about the Pokedex, you think they'd at least be willing to throw me a working one.

Otp78Wic_o.png

Also this happened again.

More poking around finds me in the Poke Mart

T62ZvZ0J_o.png

Where I make the greatest discovery.

9776Chji_o.png

Potions are officially obsolete!

Around the town, I notice a few different things. It looks like the interactions are decided on partially by the time of day. That means we can see more bad content!

wkPJSivc_o.png

eqz55Zf7_o.png

Damn.

O7fp8679_o.png

KLPMmvim_o.png

Damn 2. That's a CRAP! 17 and counting.

UPvfr5dp_o.png

The father and child are also back from the museum, which is a nice touch.

OFdIHJZr_o.png

I take it back was we tally up to 18.

Since there seem to be some differences, I decide to explore the world and find a few things.

oORqwuIv_o.png

First off, Agatha is gone.

There are also come guys in Oak's Lab, which of course means CRAP.

AbO1nOxi_o.png

FkTwFIkf_o.png

This unfortunately reeks of me in middle school. It's a deluxe CRAP, but still brings our total to 19.

Someone here does have something interesting to say, though.

3SDZpxYQ_o.png

ztM8WwWS_o.png

bOqaSGeM_o.png

e9c7YrLa_o.png

That's a cool mechanic. Shame I had to backtrack to figure it out. It's easy to miss and would just confuse people otherwise.

5fkwGEcb_o.png

I also go for a heal. Sometimes your mom will say something nice instead of shunning you for Desperate Housewives.

Let's go back the long way. I'll talk to Doduo girl again.

sb8yKd6G_o.png

iBG8AqPT_o.png

Didn't take them for rabbits.

TGBcNKlA_o.png

Oh yes I do!

iQHCcHAm_o.png

J52clCIp_o.png

I.

Vac3yRc4_o.png

What the fuck??????? Who says this???? We're at 20 CRAPs now.

5I43sBjf_o.png

We name our son MIRACLE because we saved him from this crazy lady.

R9mgFdfR_o.png

That's rich, coming from you.

W2wVm1cm_o.png

Gwuh. Oh well. I'm going to train it for now, I like the Gen I birds.

kfKJnS6H_o.png

We also encounter this guy, a Pikachu But Standing Up.

0rPJiTt7_o.png

It seems the Pokedex isn't altered at all, just glitchy.

onSyLauL_o.png

We need to differentiate, of course (they have the same box sprite, and it's important because they're both going in the box forever).

From here it was all actual grinding, so I'll put a code box in.

Nickname  / Pokemon   / LVL / MHP / ATK / DEF / SAK / SDF / SPD / Move                                    / Ability
VENONAT   / Butterfree/  16 / 048 / 024 / 029 / 035 / 037 / 029 / Dream Eater,Sleep Powder,Gust,Confusion / Compoundeyes
AQUAMAN   / Poliwhirl /  16 / 051 / 029 / 028 / 025 / 025 / 031 / Ice Beam,Bulk Up,Hypnosis,Water Gun     / Water Absorb
ALBINO    / Nidoraino /  16 / 048 / 025 / 024 / 024 / 026 / 031 / Leer,Peck,Poison Sting,Double Kick      / Poison Point
MIRACLE   / Doduo     /  15 / 036 / 032 / 018 / 016 / 017 / 029 / Peck,Growl,Quick Attack,Fury Attack     / Run Away

this game really has a dead beat father......................................................................................................................... the realness..................

On 7/4/2019 at 8:55 AM, Laura said:

this game really has a dead beat father......................................................................................................................... the realness..................

It's like I'm playing the Sims over here or something

I'm finishing Part 3 of the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure anime today so this post is Jojo themed.

Spoiler

GVLKty4u_o.png

And we're going to win it!

xPHnzmAg_o.png

v1tcXbBO_o.png

Sounds straightforward, I like this approach a bit more than the gyms to be honest.

LzRihFOG_o.png

iL2xFE5N_o.png

Oh shit!

3LGqL6Ie_o.png

EtBiT0oT_o.pngv6XL7QGY_o.png

polXgvBq_o.png

Nani?????

foZrlIci_o.png

It's an asshole move to be like "let's race to this place!" and then win while you know I'm doing other shit. Granted, I did run to fucking Pallet town and back.

Oh btw have some bad writing:

l2gNCxQV_o.png

TODovhdP_o.pnguWI7TKLS_o.png

Only because you introduced yourself like that, no. 22.

REqGwPtz_o.png

This isn't bad this is just a gigantic mood. Catch me with that LGBT+ representation.

And now it's time for fighting!

2c4ZlSrc_o.png

Yeah!

IgL5HDv1_o.png

I was going to give this guy a Menacing layover as well but uh, Graveler is kind of a joke.

s8WoF4yy_o.png

I like safety though.

paI43lSl_o.png

God of night!

zyM0AE1d_o.png

Sleep? Aw shucks thanks!

We have one more fight.

CVnOZ5v0_o.png

rSKySj8d_o.pngDD8kVcvZ_o.pngxzj77AZe_o.png

Christ. This trainer isn't nice.

jGPOjHvG_o.png

b9oqnJ0i_o.png

NPdEWj8T_o.png

IPa01TML_o.png3yN8xOqG_o.png

This woman is actually highly unpleasant though. This isn't cringey, because it's good (?) shit talking but whew.

A0Ogtxc9_o.png

Let's go!

lEEBnqHl_o.png

For all that smack, she really isn't that tough.

rZhg7Zjt_o.png

Then again if I hadn't bothered to grind this would be way worse (And I'm still more or less at parity!)

SHnOa21b_o.png

But this hack is kind to me at least in terms of moves. I do like variety though, so I switch it out:

i1psFjV2_o.png

A strategy I often employ is to try and use Poison Sting to inflict the status condition before going onwards with more powerful moves.

2ZztaLDb_o.png

And that's how I learned Fairy Type is implemented in this hack!

0EjCa2jM_o.png

My strategy worked anyway though!

DBrZeIwY_o.png

Um.

WQgPTKKG_o.png

Uh. I wonder if it only has fairy moves otherwise.

aIOJuSm3_o.png

TALK SHIT GET HIT

z3iLiuk3_o.pngCf0u49cM_o.png

Oh no, I thought we could get through this without bad text.

M9zQfqcf_o.png

Sigh.

LCl33xiG_o.png

I kind of hope that I do get to see her again later, that'd be interesting.

vql90JLG_o.png

Sure was. 23 CRAPs.

E4hxXPsU_o.png

Didn't you literally just fight Green? Also why can I read your mine?

laabwFVe_o.png

Great! I'm saving this battle for Monday though.

A Preview of Things to Come:

SDHfwQRV_o.png

We've finally made it!

Let's get funky.

Spoiler

All that's left here is fighting Brock.

bMQyCEkv_o.pngvRAcL7Cg_o.pngmd4Mm5Ki_o.png

Brock is full of real actual dialogue! Hallelujah!

wiMZe1Pm_o.png

And we will fight him.

RkmZS6AD_o.png

And we will defeat his mook in one hit!

XNJmi8AV_o.png

It's some hydra shit, multiplication - the advanced (for fourth graders) strategy.

iwSYZVP2_o.png

They don't pose much of a threat though. This game starts you off with a Poliwhirl, you'd think they'd prepare the gym leader a bit more.

Also, it has Bulbasaur's cry.

cyMHDj7H_o.png

But they don't and their speed is too low to go first.

qJtsN3Nv_o.png

I decline this opportunity, I don't like wasting a turn on it much.

9fCfHW88_o.png

Onix isn't much tougher.

EbaVK91F_o.png

And also doesn't attack me directly.

RTSm7S94_o.png

God of Night, Onix!

IUPpdKMA_o.png

Yeah!

pPuDDvBt_o.png

Brock is maybe the least threatening challenger I've faced this game. Shouldn't be a surprise.

VO1nOtXU_o.png

he mouth

pggI7KXH_o.pngTQkyZE4O_o.png

Brock is cool though about it.

oSFFIxdf_o.png

Hillary is dense which is annoying because this update has been largely bad writing free! I can give this a pass but why.

OBXxryfu_o.png

This is like living in a Pokemon universe 101, dude. And you're already registered for the league. Have a brain!

A picture of things to come:

VsiSVsHd_o.png

• 3 weeks later...

Bazinga!!!!

It's been three weeks but I'm not dead, just very busy and stressed. I put in my notice for moving out, and have to find a place to live for October, and that means I have to deal with a lot of shit at home. I've also taken on more responsibility at school and have to work on a major paper for the end of August. It's a hoot, but it's no excuse for not posting at least small progress. With no further ado, here we go:

Spoiler

1Qm0lYwm_o.png

God fucking damnit, my life knows no peace.

UKs6j2Lx_o.png

Green: Yes.

yrFocTGM_o.png2XauyYIJ_o.png

But instead he lies, damn.

RIqnon1Q_o.png

Let's roll.

83NgYHDd_o.png

The new baseline strategy is try and poison the fuckers, since sleep all the time is a little too powerful. Also, Pidgeotto could beat the shit out of Butterfree. This accuracy loss isn't helping though.

XdTfdQWe_o.png

Bingo.

bzkXWj7u_o.png

And my life gets easier, as we know Ice Beam!

IJ77hH1Z_o.png

What a strategy. How did this guy beat Brock, again?

pvrKBg1I_o.png

No damage taken yet.

1aBcVGKx_o.png

This is a joke and I'm not even detailing it.

6gN1leXp_o.png

Scyther is a lot less pleasant.

q7EYMzo5_o.png

Ahahaha get fucked.

Seriously though, with this team how did he take Brock? He's all weak to rock, all around.

HcfQez58_o.png

BAaDJT84_o.png

MxwfSaeN_o.png

Why is this asshole picking fights with me after he loses? What a poor sport.

1DryeG3u_o.png

I mean Hillary is dumb but Green is just a fucking asshole.

E92xhejs_o.png

I keep forgetting these chapters exist tbh.

Anyway, you know what this calls for.

SwxDc1xX_o.png

Yeah. Let's go back to the field.

awD1kcyt_o.png

( I used to be obsessed with this song when I was younger)

PbvYlt7M_o.png

Rude!

ioQnMmkA_o.png

I take it back because you're giving me free things.

mb9sGgPp_o.png

Completely unsurprisingly, it's this TM which I will probably never use.

DVKo7tlo_o.png

rcbLfMND_o.png

This had potential to be not shitty! Fuck!!! 24 CRAPs. Two updates in a row with none was too much to ask.

She starts with a Jigglypuff,

VILQnGpR_o.png

And things are looking pretty standard from the last time I fought one.

G4rJncUo_o.png

Uh.

YymlXzNy_o.png

Uh.

j4fjJhpD_o.png

Well, this was going well and I probably could've won by now if poison actually procced.

gsmDC7nA_o.png

Thankfully, it doesn't last too long, and Jiggs only gets one attack in.

YV9l0Cpc_o.png

Perfect.

Next up is Ekans, which shouldn't be too hard to beat.

sdFyuYGs_o.png

Hm. I forgot about that.

rS1d0uf3_o.png

Well, time for strategy then.

d7UJ2rT0_o.png

This. Isn't strategically working.

g7QZ2hhB_o.png

This really isn't good.

cSNDQ3J8_o.png

And then I'm OHKO'd without a crit after a few rounds. I think I might bench this man.

f5o575pd_o.png

My patience isn't infinite, so we're cheesing it.

mzp6jL7K_o.png

Easy!

8tAcXaSA_o.png

Let's make that a twofer while we're at it.

fV17M9DA_o.png

Maybe if you didn't say that. Though this level curve is not friendly. Grind time again, methinks.

otWG8u4a_o.png

I run into this pal on the way back.

BxlkN8YT_o.png

Poison sting fails, but I manage to get him one way or another.

MWiFzN02_o.png

Beautiful.

6wveMkW3_o.png

Wow, it's a Ditto!

oFJOe5rw_o.png

This is the real entry you can get if you look at the Pokedex. Geodudes is also there, but Jiggly Mic and the special Pikachu are not. Still, this entry is bleak.

WEVaoxTb_o.png

And now I'm at a loss.

No preview here because I need to nickname this man and I don't know what to go. Open to any and all suggestions, reply with anything you find interesting. (I don't know if this guy evolves to Kangaskhan or not!)

yB7kOeRJ_o.png

1 hour ago, Darros said:

IJ77hH1Z_o.png

What a strategy. How did this guy beat Brock, again?

Man his team really is weak to Brock... My best guess for how he won is either multiple sand attacks and resetting until he got all the lucky misses he needed, or throwing his money around to order a bunch of temporary stat boosters (Xattack etc.) and better potions online to get one of his pokes to be a massive ball of stats.

1 hour ago, Darros said:

MxwfSaeN_o.png

Why is this asshole picking fights with me after he loses? What a poor sport.

I hate when games give you a boss fight you win in the gameplay and loss in the cut scene like this.

1 hour ago, Darros said:

Open to any and all suggestions, reply with anything you find interesting. (I don't know if this guy evolves to Kangaskhan or not!)

yB7kOeRJ_o.png

How about [Temujin], the name of the orphaned boy who became Ghengis Khan (note Ghengis Knan is actually a title).