What's Some Good Video Editing Software For An Absolute Beginner

Captain Karnage

So the title say it all

I'm looking for something pretty basic, I'm looking into making my series of budget decks available in a video format

thanks for your help Serenes

Well there is Sony Vegas, but I suppose I can put a list of some others..

• Pinnacle Studio 20
  • Camtasia Studio 8
  • Windows Movie Maker
  • Adobe Premier Pro
  • Final Cut Pro
  • AVS Video Editor
  • Corel VideoStudio

That's all I can give you at the moment. I suppose it's for your Youtube? If anything I wish you the best on whatever you're doing.

• 3 years later...

Even though this thread is 4 years old, I think it's still possible to share some good video editing software for beginners. It can be tough to navigate through all the different programs out there. Personally, I would recommend checking out https://vidpros.com/what-is-unlimited-video-editing/. They have some great options for video editing software, including some that are perfect for beginners.  If you're looking for something basic, though, you might want to check out some free options like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker. They might not have all the bells and whistles, but they can still get the job done.

Edited by RajeshPolum

I have to say Cap Cut. it's very easy to use and the interface is sooo easy to understand. i never had a hard time with it, but it's also nice how it has a convenient app which you can download even on your phone. I also recommend Adobe Premier, Quik, and Final Cut

On 5/22/2019 at 3:29 AM, Captain Karnage said:

So the title say it all

I'm looking for something pretty basic, I'm looking into making my series of budget decks available in a video format

Here are some basic steps to get started:

Plan your content: Decide on the focus of your videos and what kind of budget decks you want to feature. You could choose a specific format (e.g., Standard, Modern, Commander) or a theme (e.g., tribal decks, budget control decks). Creating a content plan will help you stay organized.

Gather decklists: Compile a list of budget decklists you want to showcase in your videos. You can find decklists from various sources like online forums, websites, or even by creating your own. Make sure to credit the original creators if you're using their decklists.

Create a script or outline: Before recording your video, it's useful to have a script or outline to guide your narration. This will help you stay focused and deliver the information clearly. Include key points about the deck, its strategy, and any notable card choices.

Set up your recording equipment: You'll need a decent quality camera or webcam, a microphone for clear audio, and a well-lit environment. Position your camera to capture the play area and your face (if desired) for a more engaging experience.

Record and edit your videos: Start recording while explaining the decklist, card choices, and strategies. You can also provide tips and suggestions for playing the deck effectively. If you make any mistakes or need to cut out sections, you can edit your videos using video editing software like Adobe Premiere, iMovie, or DaVinci Resolve.

Add visuals and graphics: Enhance your videos by incorporating visuals like card images, decklists, gameplay footage, or relevant graphics. This will make your content more visually appealing and help viewers follow along.

Upload and share: Once you've finished editing, export your video and upload it to a video-sharing platform like YouTube. Write clear titles, descriptions, and tags to make it easier for viewers to find your videos. You can also promote your videos on social media or relevant online communities to reach a wider audience.

• 3 months later...
On 5/21/2019 at 9:29 PM, Captain Karnage said:

So the title say it all

I recommend filmora above anything else. It might not be as basic as you're after, but it's fairly simple. It's also one of the only paid options where you don't pay subscription, it's a one off payment and then you never pay again. It's what I use to edit my FE YouTube videos, and I love it. Highly recommend 👍

• 6 months later...

I'm pretty new to video editing and wanted to start making videos from bits of my life. I tried a few different apps but found Movavi to be the easiest for someone like me. It's got this simple interface that doesn't take ages to figure out, and you can do some pretty cool stuff with it without needing to be a pro.

Movavi Video Editor is great for beginners who need to stitch videos together or want to combine several clips into one. It feels like a pro tool but is super easy to use. You can add music, trim clips, crop, rotate, and use fancy filters and transitions to make your video look awesome. For more on how to get started with combining videos on Windows 10, you can check out https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/combine-videos-windows-10.html.

Edited by Carina