Nintendo confirmed Information about the church *SPOILERS*

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really a surprise at this point, I think pretty much everyone had guessed as much :P:

That said, I wonder if this reveal was done on purpose (perhaps because some new info is coming) or if it was a slip-up.

Wow, what a surprise. Okay, sarcasm over. But really, we were all expecting it. I was hoping they'd do something else because "church is the antagonist" plot is not even a twist anymore.

3 minutes ago, SushiCat said:

It's not really a surprise at this point, I think pretty much everyone had guessed as much :P:

That said, I wonder if this reveal was done on purpose (perhaps because some new info is coming) or if it was a slip-up.

Probably a slip up, since no other Nintendo Chanel gave word on it

Man, they had one job XD

But I think it's not meant to be a huge plot-twist. I mean, there are only 4 crucial powers on the continent that we know of--and at least one of them has to be the enemy.

I suppose there are the bordering nations as well, but they haven't really properly mentioned them.

Seems exciting!

Though I'd like to know what thanibomb said about all this, to see whether the "leak" is more/less credible.

Edited by Dinar87

15 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

But I think it's not meant to be a huge plot-twist. I mean, there are only 4 crucial powers on the continent that we know of--and at least one of them has to be the enemy.

Invaders from another continent like the Valm arc from Awakening would've been a cool twist. But yeah, i expected the church to evil.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'm happy with this. I got what I wanted. 

But I'm laughing at Nintendo of UK dropping the ball that hard.

Hopefully it confirmes us leaving the monastery at some point in the game.

Still no solid confirmation of what exactly the choice of house will entail. While I think it'll only change the starting roster and a few lines, it'd be interesting to know more details. 

7 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I think we'll have some mechanical equivalent regardless.

Agreed no way they lock us out from all the major mechanics in the game to one area in case we do leave at one point.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

The church is connected to the academy. Maybe it's just a faction of the church that's evil and we have the good guys. But if Rhea and the rest are evil then IS/Nintendo aren't the best at keeping the plot obscure in trailers.

Edited by redlight

I doubt the church will be the only "evil group" in this game, becasue it would be too easy tbh.

I know I said this before, but something HAS to go down looking at how the academy and the church are at the same place. I just don't see how we will stay in the same spot with them the whole game if they were the only bad people in FE16, so something more will go down, I'm like sure of this. 

Edited by Rose482

This has been expected since the first trailer. We even see church members fighting our party in it. 

The main questions remain unanswered: what exactly do they do/want and why, and does this mean they're all bad? 

Maybe this is just some kind of bait-and-switch. They're trying to set the church up as the antagonists, but it's really someone else. Sothis or Nemesis revived

1 minute ago, Thane said:

This has been expected since the first trailer. We even see church members fighting our party in it. 

The main questions remain unanswered: what exactly do they do/want and why, and does this mean they're all bad? 

You have the crest of Nemesis and are a threat. Your students ally with you to protect you bcs you're their close friend and mentor. My prediction

Edited by redlight

Just now, redlight said:

Maybe this is just some kind of bait-and-switch. They're trying to set the church up as the antagonists, but it's really someone else. Sothis or Nemesis revived

Yeah I thought of this as well! Like it would be so easy to set up the church as the bad guys, while hiding the TRUE evil in this game for the players to figure out once they play it for themselves.