Nintendo confirmed Information about the church *SPOILERS*

10 minutes ago, User name said:

So do we think that the church is the Big bad? Or maybe they are mid-boss?

Likely mid way I wonder how this will correlate with the leaks especially Rhea being playable and romancable which I can still see being possible since past games had main bad guys of a specific story segment that's recruitable and romancable ie Awakening even Radiant Dawn with the secret character unlock (not putting things in this guys mouth btw).

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what will hapen to the monastery, i dont think it will disapear mid-way through the game.

It can easily be used as a military HQ or something. I dont se IS throwing all the assets they made for it.

Edited by User name

Thanibomb's "leaks" mentioned this

Spoiler

There are 4 archbishops with Rhea being one of them. Rhea is playable. So maybe the other archbishops are evil

5 minutes ago, User name said:

Regardless of what will hapen to the monastery, i dont think it will disapear mid-way through the game.

It can easily be used as a military HQ or something. I dont se IS throwing all the assets the made for it.

Like what @redlightsaid I can see this as a bait and Switch no way would they spoil the true antagonist this early especially with that unconfirmed evil looking cloaked man in question. 

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

5 minutes ago, redlight said:

Reveal hidden contents

There are 4 archbishops with Rhea being one of them. Rhea is playable. So maybe the other archbishops are evil

When did he mentioned this?

2 minutes ago, redlight said:

Hide contents

Maybe it's that one Jedah looking guy then.

13 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Like what @redlightsaid I can see this as a bait and Switch no way would they spoil the true antagonist this early especially with that unconfirmed evil looking cloaked man in question. 

Yeah i dont think its even a 'spoiler' to be honest, we do see Caspar fighting a church member in the feb direct.

And the are multiple churches in Fodlan.

13 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Agreed. I'm currently thinking the cloaked guy will be a bigger threat.

Yeah I'd imagine Rhea is the one "good" archbishop, maybe one or two neutral ones but pale dude will definitely be an evil archbishop, perhaps his dabbling into the crests power turned him so pale and monstrous?

5 minutes ago, User name said:

Yeah i dont think its even a 'spoiler' to be honest, we do see Caspar fighting a church member in the feb direct.

And the are multiple churches in Fodlan.

To be fair, if the footage is from early/mid-game, those could be practice enemies or insurgents. In the initial trailer, we had Kingdom Soldiers as enemies. Taken at face value, that would make Faerghus the enemy.

5 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Agreed. I'm currently thinking the cloaked guy will be a bigger threat.

Him and his gang of plague doctor mask wearing mages are the true antagonists of the game, calling it.

10 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

To be fair, if the footage is from early/mid-game, those could be practice enemies or insurgents. In the initial trailer, we had Kingdom Soldiers as enemies. Taken at face value, that would make Faerghus the enemy.

Insurgency(of some branches of the church) could also be what Nintendo UK refers to.

Edited by User name

*pretends to be shocked*

Honestly I think we were all expecting this, most churches in FE tend to have an evil side like the Begnion senate.

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

The Western Church, of which the enemies where, what Casper had fought, while seemingly neutral area, are possible some kind of evil. The Eastern Church is part of Leicester tho. So yeah, I think the church, or at least the western church is evil. 

29 minutes ago, User name said:

When did he mentioned this?

In his "leak" AMA. There was a compilation post that someone did, but that contained alleged information only dropped in the first few hours

Edited by redlight

6 minutes ago, redlight said:

In his "leak" AMA. There was a compilation post that someone did, but that contained alleged information only dropped in the first few hours

Oh i see, i just never saw anyone metion

Spoiler

multiple archbishops

How many church are on the map by the way?

4 minutes ago, User name said:

Huh interesting,so 3 Churches but

I would be willing to bet there is a fourth in the capital of of Adrestia given it's importance and long history with the Church and everything. There could also be another at the Monastery but I think that's a good deal less likely for there to be two, unless Rhea is in charge of the academy and its goings on while the other oversees the more day to day religious aspects.

Edited by Enduin

5 minutes ago, Enduin said:

I would be willing to bet there is a fourth in the capital of of Adrestia given it's importance and long history with the Church and everything. There could also be another at the Monastery but I think that's a good deal less likely for there to be two, unless Rhea is in charge of the academy and its goings on while the other oversees the more day to day religious aspects.

I would be willing to bet that too. That is, if the Thani leaks are accurate. Still waiting for Rhea's friend/retainer to be revealed.

7 minutes ago, Enduin said:

Yeah and Rhea is a archbishop of Garreg Mach bunch,so it makes sense that each branch has its one 

Spoiler

archbishop