Nintendo confirmed Information about the church *SPOILERS*

11 minutes ago, User name said:

Wait a second maybe its the

Hide contents

Emperor of  Adrestia? He is also a archbishop?

Possibly...perhaps because he bears the Crest of Seiros. I'd imagine each Archbishop have some sort of Crest lineage but which crests? Similar to Loptyr Holy blood where the crests that they bear aren't featured on the painting of the crests, or they are the ones that are faded.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Possibly...perhaps because he bears the Crest of Seiros. I'd imagine each Archbishop have some sort of Crest lineage but which crests? Similar to Loptyr Holy blood where the crests that they bear aren't featured on the painting of the crests, or they are the ones that are faded.

Do you think that our "revelation" about the church, makes the leak more plausible?

1 minute ago, User name said:

Do you think that our "revelation" about the church, makes the leak more plausible?

I don't think it makes it any less or more plausible, it's just as likely due to the Church being evil thread could just as easily have Rhea be on our side and playable compared to being the main villain, the leak mentioning 4 archbishops does seem to make it a bit more likely that they are the baddies and Rhea is good, I still firmly believe it.

Can't say I didn't see this coming. But I highly doubt they're the ONLY evil group in this game...

1 hour ago, ΔZZ said:

Honestly I think we were all expecting this, most churches in FE tend to have an evil side like the Begnion senate.

I think this applies to most churches and religions in JRPGs - at least one faction winds up being corrupt...

Edited by Shadow Mir

16 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I don't think it makes it any less or more plausible, it's just as likely due to the Church being evil thread could just as easily have Rhea be on our side and playable compared to being the main villain, the leak mentioning 4 archbishops does seem to make it a bit more likely that they are the baddies and Rhea is good, I still firmly believe it.

So like the archbishops plotting to overthrow her i'd like that pretty similar to the senators in Tellius.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

2 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

So like the archbishops plotting to overthrow her i'd like that pretty similar to the senators in Tellius.

I could see Rhea get sentimentality attached to her "subjects" and the rest of the archbishops disapprove of that.

3 minutes ago, User name said:

I just noticed it says "Church of SERIOS" and not Seiros, typo?

It's because this information is very Serios...

But that does makes sense for them to be antagonists (Not necessarily evil.), if Byleth is indeed the inheritor of Nemesis. The descendants of their former ennemies would be a great threat, and we would be the evil ones for them (though there are probably evil ones amongst them working for the true villain.).
And the church being the ennemy would also explain how we may ends up fighting the other Houses, due to how influential they are.
Based on what we know, that seems liek a good guess.

Mainly, I just hope we'll have some Gray morality here. That's always an important parts of FE after all (even if this wasn't  always done really gracefully, at least they try)

I see a lot of people quoting the "Caspar punches church member" as concrete evidence that we would be fighting the church. However Caspar was in his Noble outfit which suggests that the fight took place before 5th level where he could switch to Fighter. I don't think that a fight that early would guarantee the church being evil. That said now we know they are at least opposed to us. 

Edited by SpiceMan

7 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

at least now I expect a plot twist coming 

Whoa whoa slow down! Lets not get ahead of ourselfs here , we still have a "CINEMATIC DRAGON BOSS FIGHT" to anticipate!

11 minutes ago, User name said:

You know what? Iam actually happy that we got the whole "is church evil?" thing out of the way.

Like that was the most obvious thing ever.

Yeah, they would never reveal end game spoilers, so it's certainly a early/mid game "twist".

5 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

I see a lot of people quoting the "Caspar punches church member" as concrete evidence that we would be fighting the church. However Caspar was in his Noble outfit which suggests that the fight took place before 5th level where he could switch to Fighter. I don't think that a fight that early would guarantee the church being evil. That said now we know they are at least opposed to us. 

Especially when we know they have some kind of mock battles.

Nintendo UK, what the fuck dudes.

Spoilerinos! But yeah, super obvious and cliche evil church plot is lame. 

ZZzz....

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Can't say I didn't see this coming. But I highly doubt they're the ONLY evil group in this game...

I think this applies to most churches and religions in JRPGs - at least one faction winds up being corrupt...

Actually, several church or state religion in previous FE games are faction of good, such as recurring church of Naga. Besides, in Zelda series also from Nintendo, church (Hylia/Three Goddess) is always the good faction.

Welp. So much for spoilers, though honestly there's not much to be spoiled about seeing as how it's something that could be seen coming from a mile away. 

Edited by Roland

Doesn't surprise me and doesn't bother me since 

1. It doesn't seem like a plot twist

2. FE has never done a full blown "the church is evil" so it's only fair they get their shot at it :p 

A little bit off topic but as for how the crests will be divided, there are 21 known so far, and 10 belonged to the Ten Greats of Fódlan, with one belonging to Seiros herself, leaving 10. Byleth's crest of ??? is missing from the mural, so my prediction is that the last 10 are from the opposing side's equivalent to the Ten Greats, and were either lost through time after this side lost the war, which wouldn't explain their presence on their mural.

3 minutes ago, LalaPony said:

Well Byleth's crest might not actually be missing...

Reveal hidden contents

1557983613276.png.2e47879163c03885af136ea982458c43.png

True but it implies there's 22 rather than 21 which is a bit of a wierd thing to hide which kind of implies there's some sort of conspiracy between Byleth's crest and the Church.

23 minutes ago, LalaPony said:

Well Byleth's crest might not actually be missing...

Reveal hidden contents

1557983613276.png.2e47879163c03885af136ea982458c43.png

I'm gonna laugh if the game does an "illuminati confirmed" type reveal in that exact same way.

I would not be surprise when in the game Byleth's crest will illuminate out of the wall with the other crests at the center of it being there the entire time but hidden.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold