Funny RNG stories?

A characters growth rates generally give an idea as to what a character will become as that is the most likely outcome for these characters when they level up correct? Well having random growth rates at all can lead to some interesting character stats. I wanted to make this topic so as to share some of my neat little character stats and hear about interesting levels other people got for their units while they played the game. Me some of them include RES going up on various characters multiple times, cleric faye having the second highest defense in my army, python having not terrible hit rates, and Forsyth becoming rather equal if not better than Lukas.

Edited by Jeremy the freelancer
spelling

I played PoR a solid two years ago, but around the chapter, Astrid joins because I didn't enjoy the game all that much. Another reason I quit though, was because at level twenty my Ike had 11 strength, 13 def, 17 spd, 20 luck, 15 skill, and 8 res. He was awful. It also didn't help that one of my favorite characters, Makalov, also leveled terribly, despite his good growths. 

I haven't touched PoR since, and I never intend to.

I'm not sure what the averages are but I'm pretty sure my Clive, Mathilda and Whitewings got majorly screwed. My Clive is a gold knight and only has 12 spd and 13 def ???Everything kills him. Mathilda is faster but only has 1 more def point. 

And out of all the sisters, my Est has the worst atk, spd and def. The only thing she has over both her sisters is res. And she was the hifhest level before Celica's last map :((((((((

Also, in Endgame, I was trying to weaken Duma with Delthea and no matter how many times I reset and tried to rng scum, Duma kept hitting a 31% percent Ocular Beam. I used almost my turnwheels trying to whittle him down without her dying. No such luck.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Ever see Wil get near-capped Strength/Skill/Speed?  Yeah, it happened, and it was funny.

My first Blazing Blade playthrough in a nutshell, and it was glorious. Limstella's map with that beast wielding all the ballistae became the easiest map of all time.

Coincidentally, my Lyn in that playthrough also ended up with near capped strength. So that was funny.

My most recent Echoes playthrough resulted in a Mathilda that wasn't a goddess, a Lukas who ended up faster than Forsyth, and a baron Atlas with double the attack stat of Valbar at equal level (with same or higher in all other stats). 

Cain got 2% crit by an enemy swordmaster twice in a row in the drill grounds yesterday.

It didn't kill him, and he won that fight. He's one bulky bull.

Greetings! I come with new tales!

So I have been playing Thracia 776 for a while now, and I love my main man Fred, so imagine my sheer joy when the man levels move TWICE!

He's zipping around the map with that eleven movement, supercanto-ing away after proccing sol with the thunder sword.

Man, I love Thracia so much.

I needed Lowen to land to 2% crit to save the Silver Sword in the Raven chapter iirc. Well, he got it. No RNG manip involved. it was beautiful.

Oh and I got two -spd +hp Lucinas on the Nohrian Summer banner ages ago and needless to say it was not pleasant

Here's a few favorites I've had or I've seen others have:

I once had a Lyn that capped strength unpromoted. A 20 str Lyn fucking melts the arena lol. (FE7)

I once had Finn miss twice in a row with his Hero's Lance... with a 98% (FE4)

My sister once had a Hector that didn't break double digit defense until he promoted. (FE7)

Someone in the SF Discord was doing an FE4 run and their Arden had like 15 speed unpromoted (FE4)

1. Lyn in my first FE7 playthrough had capped everything except defense (yes, she capped strength and resistance)

2. Wil, in that same playthrough, capped strength and speed

3. Leif had 11 movement at the end of my first Thracia playthrough (3 movement level ups + leg ring)

4. Seliph leveled everything, including 2 HP, 2 times in a row one time

5. I got Marth to 4 resistance at level 21 in Shadow Dragon, without stat boosters

None of these were the result of screwing with RNG.