Serenes Emblem Discussion Thread (CHARACTER ROSTER IS FINALIZED)

Sub Zero

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Hey, when did I become the only genderless character? My gender is right there in my profile. Maybe my character can be the obligatory pretty boy as a compromise.

Anyway, I imagine my character starting off as a neutral traveling scholar or he can start with the enemy faction if they need some kind of eccentric scientist. He eventually helps the heroes because he usually goes with whatever side is most convenient for his interests. Whatever he studies (magic, dragons, special artifacts, etc.) can depend on the needs of the plot.

I may actually make you start as a Monk instead in that case.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

I may actually make you start as a Monk instead in that case.

I imagined being a late game unit (who may first appear around mid-game but doesn't join the player until later), but you can do whatever you want.

9 minutes ago, GreatKnightEcho said:

I'd imagine myself showing up during the latter half of the early game. I'd be kinda snarky but overall still nice, if we're doing a self-contained story, or I'd just be my normal self if the website exists within the canon.

It would probably take place on the continent of ...Serenia.  I dunno.

2 hours ago, Joshii said:

9. BergelomeuSantos - Soldier (Male)

Wow, I really got in! Thanks!

Well..I guess I should start to plan my character then..

I don't mind any changes made to my character, but..I would like, if possible, to be a good guy. I just can't see me killing my own Nation/Friends or betraying them. On the other hand, I can easily see me getting betrayed. Since I'm a Tier-1 and a (somewhat) normal dude, I don't see me joining that late. Hell, you can even make me one of the first characters! (I can serve as both a Lancer and a Tank for the beginning)

As for Stats, I can be somewhat close to Danved (in terms of Growths) (Good HP/LCK, decent ATK/SPD/DEF and bad RES/SKL).

3 hours ago, Joshii said:
  1. Sire - Great Knight (Male)

2. MegaTheGamer - Mage Knight (Male)

3. Tuvy2 - Pirate (Male)

4. Tuvy - Pirate (Male)

5. Anacybele - Cavalier (Female)

6. Vanguard333 - Mercenary (Male)

7. Azure In A Roundabout - Mage (Male)

8. Brave Lance - Cavalier (Male)

9. BergelomeuSantos - Soldier (Male)

10. Acacia Sgt. - Dark Mage (Male)

11. Alatartheblue42 - Sword Armor (Male)

12. Lightchao42 - Bishop

13. eclipse - Moderator (resembles an Axe Armor) (Female)

14. AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life - Manakete (Female)

15. Integrity - Moderator (Or Admin) (Male)

16. Pengaius - Bow Cavalier (Male)

17. GreatKnightEcho - Priest (Male)

18. Me (Joshii) - Thief (Male)

19. Vonnie - Priest (Male)

20. VincentASM - Admin (Male)

21. Nym - Therian (Male)

22. Fiver - Archer (Male)

23. Anathaco - Pegasus Rider (Female)

24. Thecrimsonflash - Manakete (Female)

25. Florete - Dancer (Female)

26. LMDHad0uken - Dragon Rider (Male)

Some of these are guesswork, like VincentASM and Integrity (since they haven't volunteered to my knowledge), but the others I know for sure.

If I got this right it'll be a goddamn sausagefest..

6 Female, 1 ungendered, 19 Male, yeah, that's pretty sausagefest. Though, as I mentioned, I'm fine with being a female character. Hell, with how rarely I see large sausagefest parties working out well, I'd prefer to be female rather than have such disparity. So yeah, unless we get several more female characters joining up, please make my character female.

For my character, I don't really see myself as being the type who would be a recruit from the enemy during the chapter. I'm not really the type to do betrayal stuff normally, unless the enemy side was doing something really unjust, cast me out first, or another type of real strong motivation for turning traitor. So, probably going to end up as either a member of the starting knight brigade, a local town guard who joins up after the town is saved, or something of a similar nature.

Edit: Statwise, I mean, I'm an armor unit, and the only traditional armor unit here, so that's probably going to end up being my statline. And with the intended (iirc) extremely low Res growth overall, ooh boy, please keep me away from mages.

Edited by alatartheblue42

4 hours ago, Joshii said:

Anathaco - Pegasus Rider (Female

*sees gender

*remembers Pegasus Knights are typically all female

*realises I’ve just made myself a female

*laughs because that makes it even funnier

Well, if we’re outlining our characters, I guess I should be written as I am in this world: a Pegasus Knight who hates her job but sticks it out anyway. Because duty I guess.

Statwise, I think I should be the most typical, boring peg knight ever: low strength and Defense, high speed and skill.

Edited by Anathaco

Hmm, if we're doing this, then let's see...

For personality, well, anyone familiar with Crusader Kings can just look at my sig. lol Although, I haven't updated that thing in months... could still be good, maybe. Might still want to ask me on details if needed.

As for joining time... unless there's stuff in regards to balance, I'd want to be an early recruit. I can't really speak much about here since the story is still unknown. Though if I'm to join in the late-early to mid or so, I'd like to have some Frost style recruitment. As in, "I'm going to join... wait, where did they go!?", then spend some time catching up.

For stats... well, maybe excell in Mag and either of HP or Res. With Spd and Def being my weak points or so. A hard-hitting glass cannon, basically. Maybe.

11 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

*sees gender

*remembers Pegasus Knights are typically all female

*realises I’ve just made myself a female

*laughs because that makes it even funnier

Well, if we’re outlining our characters, I guess I should be written as I am in this world: a Pegasus Knight who hates her job but sticks it out anyway. Because duty I guess.

Statwise, I think I should be the most typical, boring peg knight ever: low strength and Defense, high speed and skill.

Sanctaea Chronicles has male Pegasus Riders.  Actually, all of its classes (except for Prince, Lord, Dancer, and Emperor) have both male and female versions.

You could easily be male, but I'll leave it up to you how you want to handle your character.

Honestly, I think it’s funnier to have me be female.

Besides, the roster IS kinda skewed towards male characters.

So yeah, I’m more than fine as is.

Thanks anyway, though.

I've already gone over my role a little earlier (tanky bow cav if you've forgotten) and that I would like to be a recruitable enemy as to the specific details, you'll need to pay 3,000 to recruit me, but not in gold, in butter 3,000 butter, but it's fine if you don't have that immediately I'll take an i.o.u, because you've promised to pay me more than the other guys and I always fight for the highest butter, uh, I mean bidder. (So it's really just a talk convo and an ending) 

Personality wise: sociable but a bit of a butter nut, that being my whole gimmick, words may often get replaced with butter related words e.g margarine- march, better-butter, often gets distracted by butter related thoughts or analogies e.g. Being ordered to spread out "mmm spread" and the like. But I don't see myself having too much dialogue. 

I'm starting work on the demo now.  I've already made the necessary changes to weapons and items, though I will probably have to test out the Transformation items (i.e. Beaststones and Dragonstones) and make sure they work properly.

3 minutes ago, fiver said:

ooooh there are beasts? OwO

that's rad, but how would that work? doesn't that require a ton of effort?

If you're not familiar with how Manaketes work in Mystery of the Emblem, let me explain again because that's what I'm trying to accomplish and I don't foresee it being that hard.

Dragonstones in Mystery of the Emblem are not weapons in and of themselves, but items used by Manaketes to transform into various types of Dragon that fight with Breath.  The transformation lasts about 5 or so Turns before the Manakete reverts its humanoid form and has to use its Dragonstone again.

Therians and Manaketes would use their respective transforming stones to trigger transformations, with Therians transforming into giant cats and Manaketes transforming into fire-breathing dragons.

7 hours ago, Nym said:

Maybe @Rezzy wouldn't mind, she always said she wanted to be Jagen Sage if I recall correctly.

Sure, you can add me if you like @Joshii.  It could help give you an old person, too, since I imagine most of the rest of the cast is very similar to the standard teens to early twenties typical of most RPG casts.

Alright, @Rezzy! I'll add you to the character list! 

Jagen Sage, I believe..tell me if I got that wrong.

Btw @Von Ithipathachai, if you can, try to post a message when the cast is finalized and we can't add more characters. But we'll probably worry about that long after the demo release.

Edited by Joshii

15 minutes ago, fiver said:

Is this a hack of any fire emblem game or an SRPG studio game

This is an SRPG Studio game.  Adding new weapon types and doing other things that deviate from typical GBA formulas is very easy to do in SRPG Studio.  You could even make giant FE4-size maps (not that you'd want to).

@Joshii What do you mean?  I thought you were the one in charge of deciding the playable cast of users.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

11 minutes ago, Joshii said:

Alright, @Rezzy! I'll add you to the character list! 

Jagen Sage, I believe..tell me if I got that wrong.

Btw @Von Ithipathachai, if you can, try to post a message when the cast is finalized and we can't add more characters. But we'll probably worry about that long after the demo release.

Jagen Sage works just fine.

I'm up for it

I heard I make a good Pirate/Berserker 

anyways I thought I mentioned it in another thread making Eclipse and Integrity villains would be hilarious

Eclips's special weapon: MEGA DEATH BANHAMMER OF INJUSTICE

Integrity:Anima Magic STYLE

Dang, I'm probably too late! Haven't been on here in a while.

If it's still possible, feel free to please add me in. I may even balance out the cast a bit, since I'm female. :P Details in spoiler.

Spoiler

Game Name: Glacia

Class: Hmm... Dark Mage. I'm edgy like that. In terms of promotions I'd like Dark Flier/Dark Knight (Awakening style). I don't know if there is room for a dark mage in the roster, though. EDIT: Looks like you set Dark Mage promotions to Sorcerer/Mage Knight, which I'm OK with.

Stats: High Magic + Skill (the idea is that I can hit reliably, even with tomes that are low accuracy), bad defenses, and meh speed. (time to die in the meta!)

Recruitment: Randomly appears in the army one day. No one knows from whence they came.

About the character: Shy, won't speak & freezes up if they don't know you well, but they have a great sense of crazy, absurdist humour. They dream of becoming a stand up comedian one day. No malicious intent or stalkerish tendencies at all. Became a dark mage because why the heck not?

Important quote: "It's pronounced TOMATO, not TOMATO!"

Edited by snowyglacier

If we are talking character personality and recruitment I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring.

My character should have a generally upbeat attitude, tries her best to smile often, typically friendly, almost treating acquaintances like close friends at times, but is also shy when dealing with new people, gets easily distracted either with her thoughts or some other things, she also has a great desire to be helpful and apologises often, maybe even to the point of annoyance for some, also has a tendency to ramble, only becoming self aware of it after it's gone on longer than necessary, this rambling can include legitimate insights sometimes however.

Oh boy, I hope I'm not making a supremely annoying character, but then again I'm just writing how I am generally IRL, boy I sure do hope I'm not as insufferable as I think.

As for recruitment, I see myself as a green unit, I generally am up for anything, but I don't initiate normally, probably would be an early to mid-game recruitment

As for the statline, I think a tainkier setup would be best given my more defensive playstyle in most games middling attack, poor speed, low skill, high hp, high defense, and high resistance, ok luck. Of course with appropriate modifiers due to dragonstones taken into account.

Edited by thecrimsonflash