Serenes Emblem Discussion Thread (CHARACTER ROSTER IS FINALIZED)

Sub Zero

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Joshii is having trouble figuring out how to allow people to join the server without having to friend them first.  I'm not sure how this issue has arose, since I never had this restriction for my server.

Anyway, he's come up with the following idea for the plot:

Reveal hidden contents

Alright so here is my idea for the plot. 
If we are keeping the idea of a proof of concept demo and a full game (an idea which I fully approve), then here is my idea for the plot of both.

For the demo

The story follows eclipse and her knights embarking on a crusade to ban the bots who make threads to advertise products with the demonic axe banhammer, I'm thinking of a single geaneology styled map with multiple objectives for this one.

For the main game

Several years later, eclipse has been corrupted by banhammer and become a tyrannical ruler banning users for even minor infractions and worst of all, establishing premium accounts (nb4 that actually happens). Now it is up to the users to take back serenes.

I really like the idea of a boss who just keeps talking about products that no one wants.

Don't wanna be that person, but that was my post.

5 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Well, if eclipse is going to become a villain, maybe @AnonymousSpeed could be the main Lord instead.  Not sure how he'd want his stats or weapons handled, though.

Well, uh, if I'm a villain because I was corrupted by the Banhammer. . .

. . .then if a certain retired mod joined your merry band. . .tee-hee~!

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Well, uh, if I'm a villain because I was corrupted by the Banhammer. . .

. . .then if a certain retired mod joined your merry band. . .tee-hee~!

Retired mod?  Who would that be?

8 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Well, if eclipse is going to become a villain, maybe @AnonymousSpeed could be the main Lord instead.  Not sure how he'd want his stats or weapons handled, though.

>Volunteer to be the villain.
>Hero becomes the villain
>Become the hero
>Saving the community by trying to destroy it

Success.

Given the current grand total of one thief, probably one of dagger wielding or thief utility. But not both, because having a lord class basically be a normal class would be lame. Should the protagonist role go to someone else, a normal thief would be fine, because as is we're going to have to give a few people thief reclasses.

That being said, I'd like to ask what having Eclipse as a villain would mean for the other moderators / admins.

I'd also to suggest a plot where the mods are the protagonists, because if you want to throw shade at the mods and they're the villains, it's really on the nose. But if you throw shade at them and they're the heroes, it's a little more subtle.

3 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Don't wanna be that person, but that was my post.

Was it in the discord?

I don't think moderators and admins should be against the common people. I think that staff ranks can just mean nobility. Which.. kinda kills the mercenary idea...

One obvious option for the whole mods/admins thing is evil duplicates embodying their worst traits if they're up for it. That or the villains are GameFaqs ore some other forum website idk

1 hour ago, fiver said:

I don't think moderators and admins should be against the common people. I think that staff ranks can just mean nobility. Which.. kinda kills the mercenary idea...

disgraced/runaway nobles are totally a thing, i stan the idea

22 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Retired mod?  Who would that be?

Florete.

17 hours ago, Pengaius said:

One obvious option for the whole mods/admins thing is evil duplicates embodying their worst traits if they're up for it. That or the villains are GameFaqs ore some other forum website idk

You'll have to be careful about this, since we have some rules regarding what passes for cross-site nonsense.

---

The villains can be a combination of trolls (but please don't pattern this after anyone in particular) and spammers.  After all, if people didn't break the rules, then the banhammer wouldn't need to be used!

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Florete.

---

The villains can be a combination of trolls (but please don't pattern this after anyone in particular) and spammers.  After all, if people didn't break the rules, then the banhammer wouldn't need to be used!

Florete is currently our Dancer unit, should be interesting to see what can be done with her.

Anyway, here's my idea, I've already told Joshii about it:

eclipse is the guardian of some sort of powerful treasure
While she's away fighting bandits (i.e. Pengaius's Butter Bandits), @AnonymousSpeed's army attacks Mod Castle and steals this treasure and uses it to brainwash the rest of her forces that aren't accompanying her.
In doing this, he effectively usurps her power as guardian of the continent of Serenia and quickly abuses it in an attempt to take over the continent and rule it with an iron fist.
The game follows her and the allies she meets as she tries to stop him and set things right
That's just a rough idea, it could be fleshed out later

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Yeah I feel like Admins can be gods of sorts, Mods can just be in the line to rule (ex. Arvis, Sigurd, Elfin, Lilina, Sanaki), and Retired mods could just have a noble upbringing (ex. Clarine, Klein, Nanna, Diarmuid, Maribelle) I mean, some mods could be villains, but I think that we should roll with Eclipse being a lord or something

Okay, gang, I've decided that the following lucky 12 users will make up the playable cast of the proof-of-concept demo.  Note that some characters will have different starting classes in the final version; the ones given here are for the sake of having a better variety of weapon types.

@Pengaius, a Bow Cavalier, will be the boss.  (Name: Pengaius)

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Okay, gang, I've decided that the following lucky 12 users will make up the playable cast of the proof-of-concept demo.  Note that some characters will have different starting classes in the final version; the ones given here are for the sake of having a better variety of weapon types.

I'm honored.  Are there supports between any of the playable cast?  Even just the bonuses, since convos would be a lot of extra work.

47 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Oh, nice, thanks! ?

27 minutes ago, Joshii said:

Basically a manakete, but they turn into cats.

From what I've heard.

Or eevees?

27 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

well, I'm honored to have been chosen for this. I will try my best to offer more ideas and make other contributions to the project.

55 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it!

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Hey, thanks!