Serenes Emblem Discussion Thread (CHARACTER ROSTER IS FINALIZED)

Sub Zero

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

Hey um I was wondering in honor of Etika make him a character in the game when it's fully released like a main lord or something?

Ehhh, no.  Including any deceased persons in the game, much less somebody as famous as Etika, would be highly problematic.  I'd prefer to keep this project strictly about Serenes Forest users, and to my knowledge Etika never was one anyway.

I'm considering putting a dedication to him at the end of Sanctaea Chronicles, but such a thing would have to wait until the game is finished.

I'd like to say that I'm flattered to be suggested as a character of this game.  If you'll have me:

I'd like to be a cleric as my base class as a playable character with my personal growths as:

20% HP

35% Atk (10% Str/25% Mag)

20% Spd

5% Luck (because it's my worst stat)

10% Def

10% Res

I'd be either level 2, 5 or 7 when recruited.  My skills would be the class skills and Shadowgift as my personal skill.

As for my appearance, probably best to use my avatar.

Eta: I neglected to mention I'd be a D Rank and have Mend in my inventory on recruitment.

Edited by TheSilentChloey
I derped

I'd like to be a manakete. Because dragons. I'm not all egotistical so I wouldn't demand being an OP end game manakete. Plus I'd rather be in most of the game. So yeah, I guess I'd just like to be Bantu, only with more hair.

11 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'd be either level 2, 5 or 7 when recruited.  My skills would be the class skills and Shadowgift as my personal skill.

As for my appearance, probably best to use my avatar.

Shadowgift isn't going to be possible in this game because of how Staves in SRPG Studio are treated differently compared to other weapon types.  However, since Priests in this game can choose between promoting into Bishops, Sages, or Druids, you could still promote into a Druid if you wanted.

As for your avatar, this game is planned to use GBA-style portraits for the characters.  Could you provide a replica of your Awakening avatar to give a better idea of what your GBA-style portrait should look like?

25 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'd like to be a manakete. Because dragons. I'm not all egotistical so I wouldn't demand being an OP end game manakete. Plus I'd rather be in most of the game. So yeah, I guess I'd just like to be Bantu, only with more hair.

That could be done, though we already have three Manaketes who form a Palla, Catria, and Est trio.

14 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Shadowgift isn't going to be possible in this game because of how Staves in SRPG Studio are treated differently compared to other weapon types.  However, since Priests in this game can choose between promoting into Bishops, Sages, or Druids, you could still promote into a Druid if you wanted.

As for your avatar, this game is planned to use GBA-style portraits for the characters.  Could you provide a replica of your Awakening avatar to give a better idea of what your GBA-style portrait should look like?

That could be done, though we already have three Manaketes who form a Palla, Catria, and Est trio.

My avatar is based on my awakening avatar but for simplicity's sake the Robin in my sig is fine, as long as you add glasses because I can't see without them XP.

If Shadowgift won't work then maybe something like Armsthrift but for staves- though with the draw back being my disgustingly low luck stat.  If not that, then renewal (?) since that should help to at least allow me to survive a few battles XD

Also probably best to have the druid as my promotion then, since I have a preference for dark magic (I'd like to think I'm known for Mire usage in Awakening).

I'd like to think my base stats depending on when I end up being recruited should probably look a little like this with my luck stat being the absolute trash that it is irl:

If @lvl 2:

HP: 19

Str: 5

Mag: 10

Spd: 6

Skl: 6 (with a slightly higher growth than speed)

Luck: 1

Def: 6

Res: 5

If at @lvl 5:

HP: 20

Str: 6

Mag: 12

Spd: 7

Skl: 8

Lck: 2

Def: 8

Res: 5

If @lvl 7:

HP: 22

Str: 6

Mag: 14

Spd: 9

Skl: 10

Lck: 2

Def: 8

Res: 7

Obviously not sure how I'd be recruited yet, though I do have an idea that might work...mind if I PM it?

5 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

*snip*

Obviously not sure how I'd be recruited yet, though I do have an idea that might work...mind if I PM it?

What I could do instead is PM you the link to our Discord server.  It's exclusively for people being featured in the project.

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

What I could do instead is PM you the link to our Discord server.  It's exclusively for people being featured in the project.

I don't actually have Discord 😞 hence the PM suggestion, though I'll  see if I can get the link to work first.

Reposting the invite link here for those who want in on the Serenes Emblem Discord.

Invite Link: [REDACTED - THIS IS CLASSIFIED INFOMATION. VERY SERIOUS. SRSLY]

EDIT: Removed link to keep the Discord limited to those involved in the project.

Edited by Sire
Removed Link

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

My avatar is based on my awakening avatar but for simplicity's sake the Robin in my sig is fine, as long as you add glasses because I can't see without them XP.

guess i'll provide some concepts then.

base:

robin_by_thesilentchloey-dax7p8v.png

custom:

chloenorm.png   chloeglass.png

would that be alright for you?

on a side note: @Von Ithipathachai can we have a visual list of all current characters+portraits that are ready for the project, please?

just to have a general idea about the roster, and also to see who's left to be worked on with sprites. it doesn't need to be a google doc!

1 hour ago, Fenreir said:

base:

custom:

on a side note: @Von Ithipathachai can we have a visual list of all current characters+portraits that are ready for the project, please?

just to have a general idea about the roster, and also to see who's left to be worked on with sprites. it doesn't need to be a google doc!

Aah, I keep forgetting about that.  I'll try.

I just realized I wasn't as active as I should be. I have a discord already if you want me to join you on Discord.

Uhh...  @KnightOfNohr, we have a problem.  We already have another boss character who uses most of Hugh's head and body.

EDIT: Actually, this may be acceptable now.  Your body is less similar to KK's than I initially thought.

Also, @Fenreir here's the list of portraits:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16JEPkCSeq2qtveL9cdtL7Cx7X6ns6gkCXeosHkE87w0/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Unfortunately some is going to have to make mine since I currently lack a way to make a portrait.

It should be easy, though, just Tana with brown hair, brown eyes, and glasses.

4 hours ago, Fenreir said:

base:

custom:

Cool, thanks for taking the time.  I'd suggest blue eyes and she'd be perfect.  Still like it XD