Serenes Emblem Discussion Thread (CHARACTER ROSTER IS FINALIZED)

Sub Zero

4 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Then what's to be done for the people who DON'T have consistent avatars, like Josh or Acacia Sgt?

Heh, how about, make every convo involving me load a random portrait for each one.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Heh, how about, make every convo involving me load a random portrait for each one.

If this happens, you wouldn't be able to use any portraits that are animated GIFs.

Another issue I thought of with clashing portrait artstyles is how people's appearances are going to be explained within the story.  Am I just some random guy wearing a Phil Collins mask?  Is Pengauis some kind of strange butter monster?  Does the user once known as AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life just happen to look exactly like post-timeskip Edelgard?

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

If this happens, you wouldn't be able to use any portraits that are animated GIFs.

Another issue I thought of with clashing portrait artstyles is how people's appearances are going to be explained within the story.  Am I just some random guy wearing a Phil Collins mask?  Is Pengauis some kind of strange butter monster?  Does the user once known as AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life just happen to look exactly like post-timeskip Edelgard?

Well, I wasn't thinking on my actual avi's.

Heh, you actually plan to use a Phill Collins portrait? Anyway, I guess this is for those aren't using portraits of their real selves, I take it? Hmm...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Heh, you actually plan to use a Phill Collins portrait? Anyway, I guess this is for those aren't using portraits of their real selves, I take it? Hmm...

No.  As it stands we're still going with GBA-style.  My GBA-style self-portrait is a Canas recolor.

6 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Then what's to be done for the people who DON'T have consistent avatars, like Josh or Acacia Sgt?

You don't have to do that for everyone. As mentioned in my suggestion, it wouldn't be doable for some people, such as those you mentioned and those who use a recognizable Fire Emblem character as their avatar.

6 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Are such explanations necessary though? What would they really add to the adventures of a moderator banning butter bandits with a hammer? Plenty of surrealist work gets by with (and indeed benefits from) explaining very little, and plenty of serious works realize that not every strange thing needs explanation.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

So umm could you implement crests in the game but as skills. And can it have an Anna

I guess that could be done, but I'd like to avoid giving characters Fates-style Personal Skills if I can.

Anna could also be put in the game, but what role she'd have is still up in the air.  She'd probably just be the Secret Shop lady.