Jump to content
Sub Zero

Serenes Emblem Discussion Thread (CHARACTER ROSTER IS FINALIZED)

Recommended Posts

@Von Ithipathachai I would like to start a Discord, but I never had a good experience with it in the past, too many bad experiences to count. I'll..consider it, but don't count on it.

@AnonymousSpeed Haha, ya know? You'd seem perfect for an antagonist! You'll definitely get the part if the mods don't do through with it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can use me for whatever character role/type you want basically. I'm fine with being 1) any magic class, 2) a myrmidon, 3) an armor knight, or 4) a flier. I'd prefer to stay away from horses, axes, and bows though. Good/evil, serious/joke character, gender/personality, I'm fine with whatever. If you give me something as a basis to start on, then I'll go from there and narrow down the rest myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Joshii said:

@Von Ithipathachai I would like to start a Discord, but I never had a good experience with it in the past, too many bad experiences to count. I'll..consider it, but don't count on it.

I just assumed Discord was what most people here used, which is important if you want to maximize your chances of getting people on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like I already have a fair amount of people on board already. I think I can make do without it, but I'll bookmark it just in case. Can't be too safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish you luck with this, if you go through with making it. I volunteer myself as an exposition bot scholar who is largely indifferent to whatever conflict is going on, but is willing to share information with whoever wants it. Maybe he can be a late joining Sage in case the player's mages aren't up to par.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel another plus to using Discord is that discussion about the different aspects of the game's development (i.e. story, characters, gameplay, art, technical) can be organized more easily for the sake of people most interested in a particular aspect.

Now, if we're going with SRPG Studio...  I'm already making a Fire Emblem-type game of my own (Sanctaea Chronicles, v2.1 of which just released) and already have my own class, weapon/item, and Skill systems devised for it.

Classes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kV5m69vDvYW0xwVeCnBpKVq5WIBSc-0kM9jhH6Irf08/edit?usp=sharing

Weapons/Items: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ybOFUvktCnqVxXOA80pIzO4--IYMpexQlP_UJ7ObKSM/edit?usp=sharing

Skills: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jL-Y8pyYGD6EOj2wFlCJygl7cPLCnLHF6WS_fUeK70s/edit?usp=sharing

With some adjustments (like merging Light, Anima, and Dark magic into a single Tomes weapon type and shifitng from Weapon Level to Weapon Ranks), it could easily be adapted for use in "SF Emblem" as an SRPG Studio game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Von Ithipathachai These tools could be useful for SF Emblem. If available I'll take the offer. But, like you said, they need to change a bit so the resources from Sanctaea Chronicles won't..umm..you know..Make it look like I tried stealing it outright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Joshii said:

@Von Ithipathachai These tools could be useful for SF Emblem. If available I'll take the offer. But, like you said, they need to change a bit so the resources from Sanctaea Chronicles won't..umm..you know..Make it look like I tried stealing it outright.

Of course.  If you're willing to buy SRPG Studio I could go ahead and make the adjustments myself and provide you with a skeleton project, leaving you to develop the maps from there.  I won't consider it stealing as long as you credit me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'll remind you when I make the decision, but I am trying to stay free with this project if possible. But that might change if some instances arise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joshii said:

Ok, I'll remind you when I make the decision, but I am trying to stay free with this project if possible. But that might change if some instances arise.

I see.  That's understandable.  SRPG Studio is about $60.  My advice would be to keep a lookout for when it's on sale, as it does go on sale from time to time, though I don't know when.

If you opt out of using SRPG Studio altogether, I'd say FEBuilder is your next best bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, as long as my writing is either:

1. So horribly bad that it's meme-worthy
2. Better than the bad guys in Fates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Sure, as long as my writing is either:

1. So horribly bad that it's meme-worthy
2. Better than the bad guys in Fates

Aren't those the only two options? Either its worse and therefore meme-worthy, or better.

 

3 hours ago, Joshii said:

Ok, I'll remind you when I make the decision, but I am trying to stay free with this project if possible. But that might change if some instances arise.

Its good to want to remain a free project. However, its not like every project member would be working on the actual game building. When the time comes, if every willing project member dropped $5 or something, you could probably get a copy or a few for your actual game dev team to use. Or (potential miracle) you could theoretically garner enough interest to try and make a Kickstarter for said funds. Just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, a video game made about us? The people of Serenes Forest? ....That's, uh, a new one. Never heard of anyone trying to make a game about an internet forum, let alone on that didn't end in disaster, but okay I guess. Go for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alatartheblue42 said:

Aren't those the only two options? Either its worse and therefore meme-worthy, or better.

It could be horribly mediocre, to the point of being unmemorable, which is a fate worse than Revelation! :P:

37 minutes ago, Decerd said:

Wait, a video game made about us? The people of Serenes Forest? ....That's, uh, a new one. Never heard of anyone trying to make a game about an internet forum, let alone on that didn't end in disaster, but okay I guess. Go for it.

This wouldn't be the first time. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I volunteer I wanna be the manakete character you can use this

Thanks to @Waleed for making this I used it for something else i'm working on and wanna use it for this cause she's so pretty and he's really good at what he does.

violaSplice.png.b8f41bd3dbe14ee7c096241587a19d64.png

you can call her Corra

Edited by AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so I got a problem, I was trying to download FEBuilder using this website for directions: https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:guide:febuildergba:how_to_download_febuildergba_en  

I followed all the directions..but when I clicked download it gave me a 400. error screen with no explanation. Can somebody help me fix this? Or give me another suggestion for a website I can use to build this? 

Thanks for hearing me out

Duke Nukem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
16 hours ago, Sire said:


2A. This also calls into question who the antagonists will be. Will the bad guys be OCs, be Serenes Forest members, or classic Fire Emblem villains?

 

I'd be down to be a major villain.

You should also create a discord for whoever wants to help with the project, and/or be in it. If you need any help with sprites I could be of assistance, but in regards to actual game design, I'm not too good. I would also be available to help with the story, but I would want to hear your idea first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so I got some ideas for gameplay features.. 

Supports (C - A)

Alternate Endings

New Game +

Reclassing

Ironman Mode

--------------------------------------------------------

These are SOME ideas for gameplay features for Serenes Emblem (We need to give this an actual name..) hopefully these are possible to implement. I'll post my list soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Joshii said:

Ok, so I got some ideas for gameplay features.. 

Supports (C - A)

Alternate Endings

New Game +

Reclassing

Ironman Mode

--------------------------------------------------------

These are SOME ideas for gameplay features for Serenes Emblem (We need to give this an actual name..) hopefully these are possible to implement. I'll post my list soon. 

Try to hold back on Support conversations until everyone who wants in is on board.  Maybe even until after the base game is done.  I can tell you from experience that Supports are a massive pain in the tail both to write and to implement.  If you make the game in SRPG Studio, you could make do with simple Bond Supports until then.

New Game+, a Reclassing system, and Ironman Mode are all features SRPG Studio users have figured out how to implement.  You may have an easier time adding those to an SRPG Studio game than to a hack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

New Game+, a Reclassing system, and Ironman Mode are all features SRPG Studio users have figured out how to implement.  You may have an easier time adding those to an SRPG Studio game than to a hack.

Oh, I'm basically shooting myself in the foot by making this a free project..and yes, I was holding off supports until the game was done. I'll try to make manage with something else other than SRPG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Joshii said:

Oh, I'm basically shooting myself in the foot by making this a free project..and yes, I was holding off supports until the game was done. I'll try to make manage with something else other than SRPG.

The legendary MarkyJoe made this list of the various Fire Emblem game making engines.  Give it a look.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aTl0EYJDfPODEfxdf3bC2CCknlNO9h0rUkVhgfbcxik/edit?usp=sharing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Decerd said:

Wait, a video game made about us? The people of Serenes Forest? ....That's, uh, a new one. Never heard of anyone trying to make a game about an internet forum, let alone on that didn't end in disaster, but okay I guess. Go for it.

this isn't even the first time someone tried to make a fire emblem game about serenes forest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...