Are you excited for Three Houses?

How excited are you?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How much excitement do you feel towards Three Houses?

• No excitement.
    • Minimal excitement.
    • Moderate excitement.
    • Major excitement.
    • Total excitement!

Some people seem apprehensive towards this game, others are hyped as hell for it. How do you feel?

Pretty excited. Not as much as I was for echoes, but I definitely plan on getting it. The leaks and official site posts recently starting up has also hyped me up a lot more. 

Cautious optimism. I'm confident that it's writing won't be as shit as Awakening and Fates's were. Now all I hope for is the gameplay to live up to par.

Yes, but.

Its a Fire Emblem game. Of course i'm looking forward to it. Its been a while since the last games and i'm eager to see how this new game will work out.

On the other hand I still don't feel a 'hype click' yet. Fates immediately hooked me and so did Awakening, but i'm not yet that invested in the three houses world and characters. Perhaps the somewhat plain presentation is to blame. I'll probably grow more exited when the game is getting closer, but now i'm just interested.

I went from extremely hyped for Fates to very disappointed by it, then from not particularly hyped for Echoes to extremely impressed with it.

So now...... I’m hyped all the way baby! What could go wrong???

Pretty excited. Battalions and Gambits are exactly what I hoped they'd be when revealed last year, and all the academy mechanics seem like they'll really let you truly make characters your own, it even reminds me of the XCOM reboot a bit. Can't speak for the story yet and that might be the bit I'm the most apprehensive about just from how little we know of it, but what we've seen of the character writing and world-building seems very promising, gives me Tellius vibes in all the right ways. All in all, hard to believe it's just over 2 months out at this point, it still doesn't feel like it's nearly about to release.

I'm now getting more excited since we've been getting more information, but it's still the least excited I've felt about a new FE game. I blame the second Direct showing for that. Still want to know more details about the story and exactly how much it revolves around the school stuff.

I've been pretty darn hyped for every new FE since Sacred Stones, and this game is no different. There's no other series doing as much right as Fire Emblem does these days for me. The gameplay of Fates was sublime and I'm looking forward to the new iteration.

Some of the specifics I'm not too hyped by (return of weapon durability, possible silent main, school setting) but that doesn't do much to temper the overall hype.

I'm gonna be getting it.

But hype?

I do like hearing about details with the game, I'll admit, but I reserve judgment and excitement until I actually have the game.  I make a habit of preventing myself from getting too excited about new releases.  I'm reasonably excited simply because it's an IP I like a lot, but not to the point where it's the only thing I think about.

I'm not particularly a fan of what I hear from the leaks in terms of story.  Though I doubt their legitimacy, so they don't have a significant impact on how I feel about the game.

Very, very excited. I keep putting the music on loop. (If there's one thing Fire Emblem hasn't disappointed with at all lately, it's music.) 

It's taking a bunch of Echoes' RPG elements that I'd long wanted for the series, and combining them with already exceptional world-building... so it has real potential to be my favorite Fire Emblem, as long as the story and gameplay aren't a disaster — and both are promising so far. 

I'm not absolutely melting-down mad ecstatic like I was for Awakening, but I'm pretty sure that's just because I'm older and more cynical and actually have to work now, rather than coasting by in University. The game looks like it could be really good.

I'm moderately excited (thought from what we've learned I should be really excited)!

I think after being supppper hyped/excited for Fates and absolutely hating it, I am being cautiously optimistic. Echoes I was super ambivalent about after the mess that was Fates and I REALLY liked it, as it really felt like a true Fire Emblem game again.

This feels closer to Echoes + Awakening, and if that's the case, I'm sure I'm going to love it. Plus I'm excited to return to the console! :)

Moderate. Might go up as the release gets closer.

After Awakening and Fates I've started tempering my expectations, so it's hard to get too excited.

Edited by Slumber

My feelings have been all over the place for a while now, due to not knowing much about this game's story. Some things have me excited, other things have me worried, but ultimately I'm glad the game is happening and can't wait to play it.

I'll try to avoid saying the obvious ("Awakening and Fates yadda yadda"), but one of the things that has me concerned is whether IntSys can not screw up the plot again with a self insert at the center, we all know why this worry exists, the BIGGER concern on my end is how this extremely customizable approach to Fire Emblem will affect the strategy aspect of the game and whether or not we'll end up with lazy map design again. Not exactly a big fan of how the game LOOKS graphically either.

On the more positive side, I'm loving most of the character designs and while what's been revealed to be the main goal is obvious and cliche, it does leave room for the story to do well in other areas if allowed. The soundtrack is pretty sweet too, from what we've heard anyway.

So yeah, I'd say I'm still plenty excited to try Three Houses. I'm just hoping the game leans more on the "fun to play" side and FAR less on the "fun to laugh at for non fans" side this time around.

Edited by TheDreamReturns

I'm being cautiously optimistic. From what I can see from Heroes, IS actually pays attention to feedbacks and I'm sure they know what they did wrong with previous entries. 

I'd say major excitement. Fates is definitely old now and Echoes was a remake (that I absolutely loved, but still). I'm looking forward to something new. Also FE on my Switch. 

I am not really excited for the game. I will get it day 1 because it is Fire Emblem, but as time has gone on I've just started losing interest. They seem to be trying to do a lot of different things in this game, and (without looking at the leak) the story seems to be heavier then previously. That in itself is the problem. I am a natural pessimist, and after Fates disaster I am extremely skeptical. I will give it a shot because they have probably learned their lesson considering how vocal everyone has been about its problem, and I do enjoy what I have played of the series. Nothing so far has gotten me excited though.

Um wasn't there a thread already asking if we were excited/hyped for Three Houses? Because I remember seeing a similar topic to this with a poll to gauge how enthused we were.

Anywho, I bought a Switch two years ago just so I could be ready to play Fire Emblem, Preordered the Seasons of Warfare Edition the day after it was announced, so take a wild guess at how excited I am to play Fire Emblem. :P