I was top dog until that cretin Jaffar showed up

_Legault_

I found this part funny (in Chapter 27) since I first played Fire Emblem The Blazing Sword back in 2003. Jerme tells Sonia after she ordered him to stay and guard (Jerme says) "I was top dog until that cretin Jaffar showed up."

https://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Blazing-Sword/Update 67/

1-H22P00.png

2-H22P01.png

6-H22P03.png

Edited by _Legault_

Jaffar doesn't talk about cutting up girls into "lovely red ribbons".

Jaffar doesn't tell his enemies about his boss's master plans of literally stealing peoples' lifeforce.

Jaffar can hold back a massive slew of professional assassins in the dark even without the aid of a 1-2 range sword.

Jaffar isn't a deranged psychopath who loves to talk too much about brutally murdering people.

These are the reasons Jaffar is top dog and you're not, Jerme.

Also, he has better stats at exactly the same level.  Try giving me a level 13 assassin whose speed stat doesn't even break into the 20's, and even I would drop them as callously as Sonia dropped Jerme.

Yeah, sorry Jerme, but you suck.  Actually no, I'm not sorry, you deserve to be cut up into red silky ribbons with Lyn's Mani Katti.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Going by the avatar, I thought this was referring to Legault at first.

I actually did too, mostly because I barely even remembered Jerme due to me usually fighting Kenneth instead.  It... somewhat seems like something Legault would say, but he also doesn't really have the kind of personality where he'd care about the pecking order (especially within Nergal's Black Fang).

Also, I feel like both of these fit in this thread, given the chapter the quote comes from and characters mentioned/involved in it:

jglQlaQ.pngNr2sUxT.png

These, if I remember correctly, came from a Reverse Recruitment hack.

Probably the only way to make Jerme better was to gimp Jaffar by reducing him down a bunch of levels and making his stats rely on his really awful growth rates instead of his incredible bases.

I approve. Also, Who's Jerme? (rhetorical question) Whenever I need someone assassinated I heard a man named Jaffar from the black fang was the guy I needed. Never heard anything about this Jerme fellow. 

27 minutes ago, Bhoop said:

I approve. Also, Who's Jerme? (rhetorical question) Whenever I need someone assassinated I heard a man named Jaffar from the black fang was the guy I needed. Never heard anything about this Jerme fellow. 

I hear "Jerme" is what you get when you shake hands with someone who's sick and doesn't wash themselves.

Maybe it's a disease?  Are the Black Fang now employing biological weapons?  Talk about advanced assassination techniques...

9 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I hear "Jerme" is what you get when you shake hands with someone who's sick and doesn't wash themselves.

Maybe it's a disease?  Are the Black Fang now employing biological weapons?  Talk about advanced assassination techniques...

They actually did it. Brendan will soon yeet the rich people with the black plague.