"If I had a dollar for every _______."

XRay

So, what mundane repetitive actions do you do every day, or situation you encounter, that if you are paid a dollar for, you will be filthy rich? For all of us, the most obvious and easy one would be breathing. But besides that, what daily routine do you want to monetize if you could monetize it? How would you indulge your inner Anna?

I used to read a lot, so if I get a dollar for every word I read, I would be pretty well off. I read Harry Potter back to back a few times, and the entire series contains 1,084,170 words. I also enjoyed reading about science and history so I have a ton of those books. I would be a millionaire by the time I was in middle school.

If I get a dollar for every hair my cat sheds, I can buy something crazy like an A380. The average cat has about 40 million according to Quora, so if a strand of fur grows and falls off in 1 month, that means I will have 480 million dollars by the end of the year.

I want to monetize my driving and earn $1 for every mile I drive. When I had a steady job, I spent like around over $40 on gas every week, or about $160 to $200 per month, which is like almost two days' worth of paycheck. Now that I think about it, if I get a dollar for every millimeter I drive, I would be like the richest person in the world in about 5 or 6 years (50 miles ~ 80,467.2 meters = 80,467,200 millimeters; 80,467,200 * 365.25 * 5 = 146,953,224,000).

Oh, this is kind of cheating, but if I get a dollar for every penny I spend, that would be awesome too. I would definitely be filthy rich then. Who does not want to spend their way to wealth?

Edited by XRay

If I had a dollar for every time I look at something I wrote and think to myself "who would actually like to read this crap?" or "why would I write this crap?", I'd be a billionaire right about now.

If I had a dollar every time someone thought I was underage, I'd be richer than Bill Gates. I'm 22 and I look 15.

If I had a dollar for every minute of my life I spent doing nothing, I'd spend a lot more time doing nothing.

But, does that then mean I'm instead spending that time making money, and therefore and doing something?

Does that then disqualify me from the money, making it doing nothing again, and re-qualifying me for the money?

I guess I'll just settle for fifty cents a minutes instead.

On 5/24/2019 at 2:02 PM, Flying Shogi said:

If I had a dollar for every time people pronounced my name incorrectly, I'd be rich.

Same here along with mispelling.

If I had a dollar for every time my headphones popped out while I was listening to music, I could buy a new refrigerator and fix the kitchen sink.