fe6 normal draft

shanni20

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now for Sophia vs Wendy. just kidding, time for the last resort apocalypse user and the worst unit to ever exist

so the draft is finished

The Chad Sharpy: Miledy, Lott, Sue, Treck, Lilina, Cecilia, Wolt, Igrene, Barth

fiver: Shanna, Zeiss, Shin, Clarine, Ward, Geese, Fir, Raigh, Juno or Dayan

AnonymousSpeed: Rutger, Percival, Chad, Noah, Ellen, Garret, Hugh, Dorothey, Douglas

TheJuk: Alan, Saul, Tate, Zealot, Echidna, Klein, Cath, Sophia

Volbeat: Lance, Dieck, Lugh, Astolfo, Bartre, Gonzales, Bors, Niime, Wendy

also @Legault its a normal mode draft so i'm not playing the patch this time around, but when I get the chance I will.

let the games begin

Alright I'll start this off with Chapter 1, the backpack chapter, where roy cements his legacy as suck.

7/7

He leveled up once.

+1 hp and res. Thanks broski. I had shit strategy this map and a 7 turn chapter 1 hurts me on the inside...

10/17

Chapter 2 was pretty fly though. Ward got skill TWICE!!!!!! And Shanna got str/spd/skl. And Roy still sucks so the only stat that even matters at all he leveled was speed. Jesus christ I used to think he was good and that scares me. Also fuckin Marcus kills the boss and gets... str and spd. You know Marcus, I kinda like you now.

11/28

Chapter 3 is the Marcus chapter. It would be the Alan chapter... IF I HAD ONE!

that was fucking terrible

Marcus gets an iron lance and solos the indoors, Shanna gets more fucking strength somehow (2 points to be exact), Ward gets another only skill levelup, and Merlinus continues to choke points. By choke points I mean sit on a tree until Ward can finally fucking hit the archer that's trying to attack merlinus. 11 exp so far. Will he level up!?!!?! Also, the backpack continues to fucking suck. +1 res. Also, Marcus levels up again, this time he gets some of that juicy avoidance in the form of 1 luck.

12+4 i think?/40+4 i think

So we get clarine on this map and that's kinda fly. She's my only anima magic user/healer for the entire run, essentially... so she is VERY important. Ward is a lot better than I originally thought, and remains to have a skill boner. But it is normal mode so I can't really give him too much credit. Who I can give credit to is Shanna, who is fucking broken, albeit she slowed down and had a skill only level up. Marcus is another unit I thought wasn't amazing, but this draft has already given me a lot of insight to why people respect him so much. He's done a lot of good work so far. The backpack still sucks, to literally nobody's surprise. Still hasn't leveled str or spd. God damnit.

Oh fuck that dumbass fighter just attacked rutger damnit. is that a 4 turn penalty? Oh well I have no chance at winning the LTC anyway but this still kinda stings how bad I am doing early on here

I think I'm done for today. Time to post the unit stats.

Character - Level/Class - HP/STR/SKL/SPD/LUK/DEF/RES
The Backpack - 5.04/Lord - 20/5/7/7/8/6/3
Marcus - 3.82/Paladin - 32/10/14/12/11/9/8
Shanna - 5.31/PegKnt - 18/7/8/14/6/6/5
Ward - 6.57/Fighter - 32/8/7/5/6/4/0
Clarine - 1.44/Troubdr - base

Chapter 1 - 5/5

I settled for a 5 turn on this one. Allen got two level ups. Got the money from the village. Only used up two silver lance uses (for the boss).

Chapter 2 - 7/12
Had to retry a lot to find the best strategy for this one, but it payed off. Allen got some more good levels. Used a fun little trade chain with undrafted Thany to kill the boss with the armorslayer. Barely managed to keep the merc squad out of enemy range.

Chapter 3 - 8/20

A bit slow because Marcus was getting bottlenecked in the indoors. Allen killed the soldiers coming from above and to the right, and then caught up to Marcus on the last turn to kill a fighter. Roy is still at level 1. Got the Mend from the eastern village.

Chapter 4 - 6/26

Managed to barely avoid having to deal with Rutger. Allen put in a lot of work killing cavs and Roy got his first level (it was pretty bad). Failed to get any of the villages but Clarine auto recruited herself. Hopefully that’ll save a turn or two in Ch. 11 when I recruit Klein with her instead of Roy.

Chapter 5 - 4/30

An easy and quick chapter. I think the bottleneck lost me a turn but I’m not too worried about it. Nothing of interest really happened

Stats (At the end of Ch. 5):

(HP/Str/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def/Res/Mov/Con)

Roy, Level 2 Lord: 19/5/5/8/7/5/0/5/6

Marcus, Level 3 Paladin: 33/10/14/12/10/9/9/8/11

Allen, Level 9 Cavalier: 27/9/7/12/5/9/0/7/9

Merlinus, Level 1 Transporter: 15/0/3/3/10/3/0/5/25

4/44+4

My turncount is already shit lmao but I'm gonna try to play optimally now. I shoulda reset after Rutger killed that fighter...

This map starts out with Marcus soloing all of the brigands and opening the gate. He only levels hp but it doesn't matter because he has killed everyone at the gate. Ward sits on a fortress at the top and loses the skill boner but gains a little strength. His speed is still a major weakness that I'll deal with later. Regardless, this has been the shortest chapter yet, with only 4 turns since I decided to ignore the gant lance. Now for chapter 6 tomorrow. I'm done for today. Though I have to ask what is consensus for the use of thieves? Is Chad outright banned from getting anything?

12 hours ago, fiver said:

Is Chad outright banned from getting anything?

As far as I understand, undrafted thieves can get promo items and desert items, but nothing else. Of course they can't get attacked in any circumstance. 

Chapter 6 - 9/39

Ugh. Had to wait around so that I could talk to Cath. Didn’t get any treasure because no chest keys. Got that epic Roy Marcus support though and that makes it all worth it.

Chapter 7 - 7/46

Oh boy this was a fun one. Zealot (I really don’t want to call him Jerrot) was a huge help. Got the hero crest and the physic and a few others. Kinda short on money because I bought two chest keys. I plan to have them pay for themselves though by opening money chest. The gist of the chapter was just Marcus, Zealot, and Allen killing everything they could and then all ganging up on the boss.

Chapter 8 - 19/65

Oof I lost six turns on this map. Brought Chad and Astore to get a guiding ring and a knight crest. One turn was lost for the guiding ring, and the other five were just sub optimal play. Used a chest key use to get the killer bow because it didn’t cost time. Hopefully Klein can put it to good use. I played this one quite slow but at least I got under 20. Not my proudest chapter but I got a lot of exp on Allen. Didn’t get to train Oujay at all sadly. Talked to Cath.

Chapter 8x - 10/75

Basically just a long hallway. Oujay got some kills. The boss was a real pain, took a few tries to get a kill on him that didn’t take ages. Used a lot of killing edge uses on that (got it in Ch. 7). Nobody I have can use the Durandal yet.

Chapter 9 - 9/84

Pretty easy chapter thanks to all the axe enemies. Allen promoted at level 15. Oujay got a few kills. I murdered Shin and Fir. The boss was a pain again but Allen took him down with the last few killing edge uses.

Chapter 10 - 8/92

More easy axe units were easily killed by my three paladins with swords. Got clogged up a couple times though so didn’t quite get an optimal clear. Oujay did some good clean up work and got some nice exp. Allen killed the boss, as he is now by far my best unit. Roy killed Gonzales because the devil axe backfired.

Stats (At the end of Ch. 10):

Roy, Level 3 Lord: 20/5/6/8/8/5/0/5/6

Marcus, Level 7 Paladin: 34/11/15/14/10/10/9/8/11

Allen, Level 3 Paladin: 38/15/11/18/8/13/3/8/11

Saul, Level 7 Priest: 22/4/6/10/2/3/5/5/6

Zealot, Level 5 Paladin: 39/10/13/14/7/11/8/8/11

Oujay, Level 7 Mercenary: 27/8/11/13/8/5/0/5/8

Chapter 1 (5/5)

Turn 1- Marcus weakens things with Iron Sword while Roy kills them.
Turn 2- More of that, but I do some cursor dancing so Roy can dodge more (Lvl 2- HP, Lck, Res)
Turn 3- Rescue Roy and run into the woods near the two fighters
Turn 4- Marcus gets next to Damas and drops Roy behind him
Turn 5- With the boss weakened by Marcus's iron sword, I finish him with the Silver Lance and seize.

I've actually got a question. The rules say "No Meatshielding," which I guess means that if any of the Chapter 2 new arrivals see combat, it's a penalty?

@AnonymousSpeed I mean, it shouldn't be that hard to get them away, one of them is a flier and can help one get away and dieck/ward can rescue lot if needed. yeah, it's a penalty, even with forced recruitment

I didn't run in to any problems except for Rutger being attacked, and tbh if you need to divert anyone from your undraftees just throw merlinus out there.

Edited by fiver

• 1 month later...

it's been a looong time, but I finally finished the game!

Chapter 1: 7 turns. MVP: Marcus

Chapter 2: 10 turns. MVP: Wade

Chapter 3: 11 turns. MVP: Shanna

Chapter 4: 12+4 turns. MVP: Marcus

Chapter 5: 4 turns. First chapter I actually tried to get a lower turncount conciously. MVP: Marcus

Chapter 6: 6 turns. Nothing much to say here. Didn't talk to cath and don't really care to talk to her throughout the game. Waste of time, to be honest. Lost a turn or two because of Sue, but recruiting Shin saves about 600 turns or so, so it's okay. Shanna gets more levels. MVP: Marcus

Chapter 7: 18 turns. This is the hardest chapter in the game. Nobody can deal any fucking damage. MVP: Marcus. Honorable mention: Zealot in green. RIP treck..

Chapter 8: 29 turns. Fuck this chapter and turncount. Shanna promotes or something. MVP: Marcus

Chapter 8x: 11 turns. Shanna's first chapter promoted, she picks up the backpack for the first of many, many times. MVP: Shanna

Chapter 9: 16 turns. Shin and Fir on this chapter did great! In shanna's second chapter of being promoted, she picks a fight with the boss and somehow wins! MVP: Shanna

Chapter 10: 11 turns. Lalum route. Geese comes with a brave axe in this route which makes him better earlier. Fir gets some kills and.. did she just get 4 str levels to start out??? what??? also, Shin starts his descent in to being really good. One of the three best units I drafted. MVP: Shin

Chapter 11: 12 turns. Getting rid of the boss early means no reinforcements. Good shit. Thanks, Shanna! MVP: Shanna

Chapter 12: 11 turns. Got raigh. Probably one of the 3 or so characters I am very, very glad I drafted. MVP: Geese

Chapter 12x: 9 turns. The cave chapter. Raigh and Fir did stuff while Ol Reliable ferried a backpack. MVP: Shanna

Chapter 13: 11 turns. Shanna attempts to clear a path while I realized I made a mistake throwing Wade, Marcus and a weak-ish Fir at about 50 cavs. But they got through it! Shanna got the bosskill, but I think Marcus and Wade making sure Fir didn't get her ass kicked was more impressive. MVP: Marcus and Wade

Chapter 14: 18 turns. I don't really like this turncount, but Fir had ridiculous luck and got about... 7 or so levels on the scrub bandits. MVP: Fir

Chapter 14x: 9 turns. Shanna ferry chapter. Nothing to see her. Oh, I guess that Fir girl promoted... MVP: Shanna

Chapter 15: 10 turns. Boring chapter. Shanna ferries Roy for the 400th time. I recruit Garret for axes and get the Hammerne. MVP: Shanna

Chapter 16: 24 turns (i fucking hate this turncount too). This chapter is atrocious and I want it damned to hell. I bring in Perceval with some keys and locks, waste 5000 on hugh because I have no thieves, and cry as I watch Douglas attack the one person who will one round him several times. I finally got a strategy where Shin tanks him, though.MVP: Shin

Chapter 16x: 14 turns. I hate this chapter for good reason. However, giving Zeiss a horseslayer sets him up to get 3 or 4 levels, which makes this chapter not as bad as the last one. Douglas gives us some silver items, the only thing he's good for. And finally, we get a legendary weapon that I never got to use. MVP: Zeiss

Chapter 17: 11 turns. Zeiss chills at the arena for the entire chapter while Marcus & co get the backpack to his special chair. MVP: Marcus

Chapter 18: 10 turns. Zeiss promotes and his first job is handling the backpack. Shanna clears a path for him, as well as visits the village. MVP: Shanna

Chapter 19: 11 turns. Everyone takes turns with the backpack while I panic as Shanna gets hit by literally everything she shouldn't. MVP: Shanna

Chapter 20: 11 turns. Meh chapter. Got by far the worst unit I drafted in Juno. MVP: Clarine

Chapter 20x: 9 turns. Marcus got berserked and didn't attack Shanna or Shin because the AI fears them too much. MVP: Clarine

Chapter 21: 16 turns. I elected not to use warp here since it's more helpful on the Zephiel map. Shanna had some horrible avoidance luck, Geese choked some points, and Zeiss paid Anna a visit for some of those coveted boots and statboosters. MVP: Shanna and Geese

Chapter 21x: 14 turns. Shanna and Zeiss ferry Roy up the middle while I send the rest of my dudes to get some free EXP. The backpack finally fucking promotes. MVP: Shanna

Chapter 22: 13 turns. I used all 5 warps here. Shanna, Shin, and Roy took zephiel on in one turn! Shoutouts to clarine for some rescues and clutch physics. MVP: Roy

Chapter 23: 11 turns. I tried to ferry roy with Juno but I think all I did was waste time. Clarine and Lalum helped out a hell of a lot with the status staves. MVP: Shanna

Chapter 24: 17 turns. I love this chapter, killing dragons is so much fun. MVP: Shin

Chapter 25: 2 turns. I know that it's easy to get 1 turn here, but I was willing to forego that one turn in the name of having more fun. I hate cheesing this chapter. MVP: Roy

Overall: 378+4 turns. MVP: Shanna 12, Marcus 8, Shin 3, Geese/Roy/Wade/Clarine 2, Fir/Zeiss 1.

Kills: Shanna/246, Marcus/173, Shin/117, Wade/79, Fir/73, Zeiss/59, Geese/58, Raigh/54, Roy/52, Clarine/30, Juno/11, Yodel/6, Karel/1

Stats and items used:

Name | Class | Level | HP|STR|SKL|SPD|LUK|DEF|RES | Weapon level | Statboosters | Boots?
Roy | MasterLord | 19/9.27 | 41/20|21|22|21|15|12 | S Swords | EnergyRing x2, Speedwing, Dracoshield | Yes
Marcus | Paladin | 16.96 | 39|17|15|14|16|10|10 | S Swords/Lances, A Axes | None | No
Wade | Warrior | 15/8.08 | 49/19|18|14|14|13|1 | S Axes, E Bows | Speedwing, SecretBook | No
Shanna | Falcoknight | 14/20 | 35/23|25|28|30|17|12 | S Swords/Lances | GoddessIcon, Dracoshield x2 | No
Clarine | Valkyrie | 13/17.75 | 34|17|23|25|29|7|16 | S Staves, C Anima | EnergyRing x2 | No
Fir | Swordmaster | 20/10.27 | 45|19|25|24|12|13|11 | S Swords | None | Yes
Shin | NomadTrooper | 16/19.4 | 51|24|26|30|12|11|9 | S Bows, D Swords | None | No
Geese | Berserker | 19|10.08 | 54|21|19|17|16|13|4 | S Axes | SecretBook | Yes
Lalum | Dancer | 20 | 35|3|3|20|26|8|11 | N/A | AngelRobe | Yes
Raigh | Druid | 16/12.38 | 34|25|21|21|8|9|18 | S Dark, E Staves | Speedwing | Yes
Fa | Mamkute | 9.52 | 27|10+12|7+12|7|19|3+15|11+20| N/A | None | No
Zeiss | Dracoknight | 16/10.9 | 48|26|20|18|10|20|4 | S Lances, D Swords | Speedwing | No
Juno | Falcoknight | 10.19 | 34|12|14|16|15|8|12 | A Lances, E Swords | None | No
Yodel | Bishop | 20 | Base | S Staves, A Light | None | No
Karel | Swordmaster | 19.08 | Base | S Swords | None | No

I can't believe how lenient the turncount limit is for getting an A rank in this game. 630 turns! In summary, Shanna is fucking broken, Zeiss is one of the best ests in the series, Shin is criminally underrated, and Marcus couldn't be an exp thief because he actually needed those levels. Fir and Shanna got Str blessed. Wade somehow got HP cursed and Clarine, as usual, felt she was above leveling Magic. Raigh was really good for me, as usual. I've never not used him. Juno is ass, per usual, Yodel was a warp/restore bot, and Karel killed a Mamkute. If I were to rank my units, here's how I would rank them:

Shanna, Shin, Zeiss, Clarine, Raigh, Fir, Geese, Wade, Fa, Yodel, Juno, Karel. Not that Karel's worse than Juno (he's not) but I deployed Juno as filler to help carry the backpack.

I had a lot of fun with this. Maybe I'll stream a straight A run of this game sooner than later for my 6th playthrough!

Sorry for not posting on here for a while. I still hope to finish the draft at some point :sweatdrop:

Chapter 11 - 11/103
Quite a fun chapter to plan out. Used the classic Paladin sword spam to clear out enemies and carry Roy to the throne. Got every village except the Orion Bolt. Recruited Echidna, Klein, and Tate. Lalum was a huge help of course. It probably could’ve been done faster but I still am happy with the clear.

Chapter 12 - 10/113
Finally recruited Cath after talking to her in every possible chapter. Got all the chests on the right except for the lancereaver.

Chapter 12x - 8/121
Pretty nice chapter for Oujay because of all the axe users. Got the white gem and a few elixirs along the way.

Chapter 13 - 12/134
Quite a tough chapter for me, especially near the start. Everyone had to chip in to get kills, even Roy. Echidna was a huge help, no small thanks to the wrymslayer. I had forgotten how nice her base stats are. Overall a slow turn count. 

Stats (At the end of Ch. 13):

Roy, Level 5 Lord: 22/7/7/8/10/5/0/5/6
Marcus, Level 9 Paladin: 36/11/16/14/11/10/9/8/11
Allen, Level 7 Paladin: 41/17/14/18/9/15/3/8/11
Saul, Level 8 Priest: 22/5/6/10/2/3/5/5/6
Zealot, Level 5 Paladin: 40/10/13/14/7/12/8/8/11 
Oujay, Level 9 Mercenary: 29/9/11/13/9/6/0/5/8
Tate, Level 11 Pegasus Knight: 31/7/10/13/5/8/7/7/5
Lalum, Level 3 Dancer: 16/1/2/12/11/3/4/5/4
Echidna, Level 3 Hero: 37/13/19/19/7/8/8/6/9