Why Are Gaming Communities So Defensive of Smelly Players

Captain Karnage

56 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Eh, it's not really a joke to me, and i'm being 100% honest here. I've played enough competitive smash where you get sick of hearing stuff like that. I of course have no idea on your smash career in the competitive world, so I can't say. Nothing new, really. Yes because calling somebody you don't know much about a brat is really mature, I guess. I'm not at all salty, just stating facts, actually.

In the places I hang around, being an immature twit (as opposed to banter) is frowned upon.  Greatly.

53 minutes ago, Slyfox said:

I'm a bit of a slob when staying at home, avoiding contact with other human beings.

On the other hand, you won't catch me dead leaving my house without showering, wearing clean clothes, etc. Very self-conscious about that stuff.

For the most part, lack of hygiene around others, especially willingly so, is a huge lack of respect to everyone else.

Basically, being smelly or defensive of smelly without good reason is instant grounds for me to consider them (starts with A, you know the rest) for all of eternity.

"Asocial".  Or possible "annoying"

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

In the places I hang around, being an immature twit (as opposed to banter) is frowned upon.  Greatly.

I'm not really being immature, though. I'm being rational. please tell me where i'm acting "immature" to you. Just because my concerns don't align with everyone else's here doesn't mean i'm acting at all immature. I'm not a fan of the smash community as a general, so I guess my opinion doesn't matter, does it?

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm not really being immature, though. I'm being rational. please tell me where i'm acting "immature" to you. Just because my concerns don't align with everyone else's here doesn't mean i'm acting at all immature. I'm not a fan of the smash community as a general, so I guess my opinion doesn't matter, does it?

That was in response to your previous quote, not a statement about you.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

That was in response to your previous quote, not a statement about you.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry then, I'm an idiot. Forgive me for the misconception, but as you said, context is obviously an issue here.