Soooooo what'cha playing?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nep-Nep is a favorite for a lot of people. I believe she even ranked the highest out everyone in some official poll in Japan. I personally like Noire a bit more but a lot of characters in this series are best girl-tier so actually ranking them is hard.

Even if Neptune sticks out of the crowd for me, I like every character so far.
Funny thing is, Noire gets labelled a stereotypical Tsundere by her in-game bio, and she definitely has shades of it, but by and large, she is anything but. I'm sad she left the party after JUST revealing her HDD form, but I guess they did it for balancing (besides the very legitimate in-story reason). The characters in general seem to have a lot more depth than some reviews for the games would have you believe, which is a pleasant surprise to me.

On another note, there are some genuinely touching moments in the game, too. Like Neptune and Noire bonding over pudding or Compa, IF, and Vert trying to make an antidote for Neptune and her genuine thank you to her friends. I like it!

Also, this boss theme is amazing.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyway, i got the Adventure's License in Atelier Totori so now the real game begins. Like Rorona, time-management is a thing but they amped it up here in that everything on you do on the field takes time. Gathering materials? Time passes. Battling monsters? Time passes. Days don't pass immideatly but going to like three or four gathering spots will cause the day to move forward. In Rorona, time on the field only passed after getting to the end of each section of a dungeon. So i guess the time-limit is a bit harder here but i hear getting Diamond Rank (required to not get the bad ending) is super easy. 

It's like that in Sophie and Lulua, too. But combining that with a time limit to the whole thing sounds rough. Good luck!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

The characters in general seem to have a lot more depth than some reviews for the games would have you believe, which is a pleasant surprise to me.

On another note, there are some genuinely touching moments in the game, too. Like Neptune and Noire bonding over pudding or Compa, IF, and Vert trying to make an antidote for Neptune and her genuine thank you to her friends. I like it!

Yeah, there are some very good character moments here. Like, all the characters are very tropey (especially some of the less relevant Makers) but they use those tropes to their best advantage. It works. 

Honestly, when i first got into this series, i was just in it for the cute girls. And what did i get? I got cute girls as great character interactions and comedy gold. As Professor Hulk says in Endgame, "I see this is an absolute win".

Btw, you're in for a treat in ReBirth 2, 3 and especially Megadimension if you ever get to those. The characters there aren't the exact same characters as ReBirth 1, because ReBirth 1 is separate from the main timeline but their personalities are intact+there's a lot more development and character interaction as a result of the latter three games being in the same timeline.

The spin-offs also have some pretty good character interactions.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

But combining that with a time limit to the whole thing sounds rough. Good luck!

Yeah it might. I'll have to be more careful here than in Rorona. But i'll be fine. Majora's Mask has trained me for time-management games.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Nep-Nep is great.

Best girl.

I feel like I'm overleveled: Vert joined at level 24, when Neptune, IF and Compa were at level 35 when I reached XBox Leanbox.

Wew. You were probably grinding a bit too much xD

Iirc when vert joined i was around the same level.

Thank you for your tips and explanations so far. I hope my (probably) dumb questions don't annoy you.

Don't worry mate, ask away :D. It's also a chance for me to talk about a game i love 😄

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

If it does intimidate you, you can always save at the start of each assignment and reload in case you fuck up (which i didn't do).

I usually have multipe save files anyway if a game allows me. Tbh, what intimidates me isn't the time limit, but the item farming & crafting. In other games, it's usually my least favourite aspect of a game, although i heard Atelier makes it fun.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I believe she even ranked the highest out everyone in some official poll in Japan

Iirc first poll had Noire winning, 2nd one Blanc, and last one Neptune.

Also, this boss theme is amazing.

Dancing girl :3

Sadly, one of the few Tracks that don't return in later games, while almost every other Track repeats itself through the Re;Birth games

The characters in general seem to have a lot more depth than some reviews for the games would have you believe, which is a pleasant surprise to me.

In general, IF/Compa games get overhated for alot of reason that are not really true to those who played the games.

Edited by Shrimperor

Bloodborne. I want to focus on a game for once and actually see it through the end. I started playing Dark Souls 1, 3 and Nioh (I know, not a Soulsborne), but I ended up dropping them after a while.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Tbh, what intimidates me isn't the time limit, but the item farming & crafting. In other games, it's usually my least favourite aspect of a game, although i heard Atelier makes it fun.

Yeah, Atelier makes it fun, since that's the main focus of the game. You never really have to grind for materials because you can find some in stores (albeit for less quality) or when you're out on the field, you usually get quite a bit of them.

Also you can't really grind in Atelier in the first place. I mean, you can but in games with the time-limit (so most of them), mindlessly grinding would be an unnecessary waste of time. So yeah, if you're worried about the grinding aspect, it's not there. 

Iirc first poll had Noire winning, 2nd one Blanc, and last one Neptune.

And coincidentally, Noire and Blanc got spin-offs where they are the main leads. Now we just need Vert to win one so she can get her own game. Compa needs one too. Everyone of the main original playable cast except Vert and Compa has gotten their own game.

In general, IF/Compa games get overhated for alot of reason that are not really true to those who played the games.

People just judge the games by the surface and just assume it's mindless weeb trash.

That said, even though i love Neptunia, Compile Heart really needs to stop reusing dungeons. Like holy shit. How many times am i gonna have to explore the same volcanic cave in multiple games? It's fine with Virtua Forest since Virtua Forest is canonically in every game but i don't get it for the rest. Even Megadimension, which had the actual best dungeons in the series, still reused quite a bit. Dungeon design is easily my least favorite part of Neptunia.

By the way, i haven't actually played Compile's other games. How are they? I've been meaning to get Fairy Fencer F on my Switch one day (i don't know when that day will be though, these upcoming months are stacked for me).

Edited by Armagon

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

By the way, i haven't actually played Compile's other games. How are they?

I've been playing Death End Re;Quest lately. I am at the final dungeon now and it's been pretty fun. Although the VN part really overshadows the RPG part. The RPG part balance is also kinda weird once midgame starts as normal mobs get hella tanky and tough while Bosses are mostly way too easy. Otherwise i'm liking it. it's 7-8/10 so far (more on the 7 side, but depending on the ending it could be 😎

I've also heard Mary Skelter is really good, but i'm not a fan of DRPG, so i didn't try it.

I didn't play Fairy Fencer myself, but alot of people say that if you like Neps, you'll probably like FF. I also heard the remake has a route split and sutff.

Compile Heart really needs to stop reusing dungeons.

From what I'm seeing, they've been getting better. I mean, MegaNep's dungeon design is miles ahead of RB games. Death end Re;Quest doens't Re-use any dungeon (but you've to revisit some, but you also open new Areas).

CyberNep has pretty good dungeon design tbh.

Also you can't really grind in Atelier in the first place

👌

you usually get quite a bit of them.

so i don't have to kill enemies or search fields for hours for a certain item?

Edited by Shrimperor

37 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nope. Usually, if you go to a dungeon looking for a specific item, you will find it. Very rarely will you not. And regarding monster drops, there are no rare drops or anything. What's rare is the quality and even then, there's no "1% chance of getting this" sort of the thing.

I'm not sure if other games do this, @DragonFlames might anwser this since he's played two Atelier games that i haven't (and i haven't gotten far enough in Totori to confirm this) but at least in Rorona, you eventually get an assistant that will gather and craft things. I said this before but i'll elaborate on it:

1. You tell your assistant to craft the highest quality cannons it can. It takes two in-game days to craft two. Whether or not you actually have the needed items to craft a cannon is irrelevant, your assistant will do it for you.
  2. While your assistant is off crafting cannons, you're off doing something else.
  3. You come back after an in-game week. Your assistant has crafted about 10 cannons if my math is right, because it stacks.

Or if you tell it to gather things:

1. You tell your assistant to gather items in a dungeon. Takes about a day to gather.
  2. You go off to gather different things in a completely different dungeon. It takes you a week.
  3. You come back. Now you have what you gathered+what your assistant has gathered.

So yeah, item crafting and gathering can get deep but the actual process of it is simple. Just don't try to craft things way above your current alchemy level or else you just get garbage. That happened to me like twice.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

This assistant things totally sounds Dope and is something i now want in every Rpg xD

Same. Rebuilding Colony 6 in Xenoblade 1 would've been way better if there was an assistant mechanic. I still have the nightmares of spending like 7 hours in Valak Mountain trying to find two Ice Cabbages. Valak Mountain is beautiful at night but that couldn't distract me from the pain. That's why i've only ever completed Colon 6 reconstruction once.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, there are some very good character moments here. Like, all the characters are very tropey (especially some of the less relevant Makers) but they use those tropes to their best advantage. It works. 

Honestly, when i first got into this series, i was just in it for the cute girls. And what did i get? I got cute girls as great character interactions and comedy gold. As Professor Hulk says in Endgame, "I see this is an absolute win".

Btw, you're in for a treat in ReBirth 2, 3 and especially Megadimension if you ever get to those. The characters there aren't the exact same characters as ReBirth 1, because ReBirth 1 is separate from the main timeline but their personalities are intact+there's a lot more development and character interaction as a result of the latter three games being in the same timeline.

The spin-offs also have some pretty good character interactions.

Yeah it might. I'll have to be more careful here than in Rorona. But i'll be fine. Majora's Mask has trained me for time-management games.

Sounds great. I'll definitely get the other Rebirth games. I have already decided on that.

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

They probably hate them because fanservice. Even if it is mild fanservice at most.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm not sure if other games do this, @DragonFlames might anwser this since he's played two Atelier games that i haven't (and i haven't gotten far enough in Totori to confirm this) but at least in Rorona, you eventually get an assistant that will gather and craft things. I said this before but i'll elaborate on it:

1. You tell your assistant to craft the highest quality cannons it can. It takes two in-game days to craft two. Whether or not you actually have the needed items to craft a cannon is irrelevant, your assistant will do it for you.
  2. While your assistant is off crafting cannons, you're off doing something else.
  3. You come back after an in-game week. Your assistant has crafted about 10 cannons if my math is right, because it stacks.

Or if you tell it to gather things:

1. You tell your assistant to gather items in a dungeon. Takes about a day to gather.
  2. You go off to gather different things in a completely different dungeon. It takes you a week.
  3. You come back. Now you have what you gathered+what your assistant has gathered.

So yeah, item crafting and gathering can get deep but the actual process of it is simple. Just don't try to craft things way above your current alchemy level or else you just get garbage. That happened to me like twice.

In Sophie and Lulua, you don't get an assistant that makes/gathers items for you, instead, there are characters that let you duplicate items you can make through alchemy, so if you make - for example - a really, really good bomb and you are afraid of losing it through depleting its uses, you can ask these characters to duplicate it for you. Another, even more useful example is that they also duplicate items that you need for synthesizing other items (for example, certain supplement bottles for bombs, metals for weapons etc.). Though you will have to buy that item from them, so getting a trait on the item that lowers the selling price is recommended if you find yourself starved for money. They even make more of that item as time goes on (one in-game day), so if you give them one bomb on one day, you can buy five or even ten identical ones the next day.
Lulua even has a mechanic that lets you automatically restock used items (even the ones you depleted), so you can craft a really good bomb once and you can use it indefinitely, provided you have the money to afford the restock. Though getting money in Lulua is easy, since every request is repeatable and nets a fair bit of cash.

No, you won't. As Armagon already said, you will find the item you're looking for. In Lulua and Sophie, there are items you can synthesize that make gathering easier, like a bigger basket so you can carry around more stuff so you don't need to return as often. There are even items you can make that let you gather more at once, which increases your chances of getting more than one of a rare material. In Lulua, there is even an item that improves the quality of the materials you can gather in an area so long as you are there and another that lets you transfer gathered materials directly to your storage at home, meaning you can be out gathering even longer.

Enemy drops are usually very generous as well.

That said, even though i love Neptunia, Compile Heart really needs to stop reusing dungeons. Like holy shit. How many times am i gonna have to explore the same volcanic cave in multiple games? It's fine with Virtua Forest since Virtua Forest is canonically in every game but i don't get it for the rest. Even Megadimension, which had the actual best dungeons in the series, still reused quite a bit. Dungeon design is easily my least favorite part of Neptunia.

I've noticed that, too. The Halo Mountain and MS Mountain dungeons have the same layout.

Coincidentally, I've been getting a lot of Digimon World vibes from the dungeon design, the DS Digimon World games in particular. Might be the digital theme both franchises have going on.

Edited by DragonFlames
missing one key information

duplicate items

DOPE.

Seems like the games do try and make farming and crafting fun for you

I wonder why no one told  me about those features before when i asked about the games on the internet xD

Thanks for the info, both of you^^

Made quite a bit of progress in Atelier Totori. The worst part of the game is that Totori has the strength of paper so even when i did make her a new staff, she still has less damage output than anyone else when she's not using items like cannons and stuff. The game's also missing some of the QoL Rorona had. In Rorona, if you go to your quests tab while in the workshop, you could directly move to synthesize the item(s) you need. You can't really do that here.

On the flip side though, the game does look better than Rorona. Dungeons are better designed and towns look better. Assists moves have also been retooled. In Rorona, the Assist Gauge was tied to Rorona. In Totori, it's the other two party members who have their own Assist Gauges. So you aren't as free when it comes to using Assists. The music is also better. And the main goal of getting to Diamond Rank is actually pretty easy. You rank up points so quickly.

Also Mel with the galaxy brain (not a spoiler but spoiler tag so images don't take up as much room)

Spoiler

I haven't gotten the assistant yet though so maybe it's not in this game. But i haven't even met Rorona yet so who knows.

In related news, i downloaded Lulua on my Switch. I still have to get through Totori and Meruru (both of which i'm playing on PC) before i get to Lulua, i just wanted to have it on there so i wouldn't have to sit through the download.

Let's see if i can get through all of this before Super Neptunia RPG comes out in 2 weeks.

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I've noticed that, too. The Halo Mountain and MS Mountain dungeons have the same layout.

Not only that but some dungeons have two sections to them but the second section is just the first section but reversed. Megadimension stops doing this......I think.

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Coincidentally, I've been getting a lot of Digimon World vibes from the dungeon design, the DS Digimon World games in particular. Might be the digital theme both franchises have going on.

Oh wait until you get to Megadimension. That game has the most digital/tech dungeons in the series.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

No problem.

Finished Blaster Master Zero 2. First getting the bad ending before the good ending. It's been over two years since I played the previous game so the story details are spotty for me. But after having played the original Blaster Master I really appreciate how they adapted both the Japanese and international version's plots of the original game, despite being so incredibly different. Jason is still just a dude from earth looking for his pet like in the US release, but then we get a hint that there are more metal attackers and mutant masters out there which was the lore in the japanese version. Blaster Master Zero 2 capitalizes on that lore for a trek across the galaxy introducing even weirder characters and planets.

Not much to say other than I thought the boss designs were pretty creative. Besides brute forcing through with basic attacks, there's sometimes an exploit involving one of your special moves that deals massive damage. I guess I wish the game were a bit more challenging. There's no Hard difficulty setting, early game enemies are routinely thrown into late game areas, and when there's a difficult platforming section, there are often no enemies to take out. I wish the level and enemy design prompted you to stop and think about what you're going to do in order to avoid damage. Everything can be brute forced, even the boss fights for a while. I give this game a 7.9 out of 10

I've also been playing Banjo Tooie and Final Fantasy 4: The After Years. Banjo I picked up during the Microsoft conference at E3, since it was already on my list of N64 games to revisit. Never beat it as a kid, but as an adult I can easily see why. There's a lot of Donkey Kong 64's level design in this game. Wide open spaces with extremely low density of things to pick up or do. And the sheer volume of activities that require the level's transformation, Mumbo, or Banjo and kazooie separately is reminiscent of Donkey Kong  64's Tag Barrel system. It's a lot of aimless wandering around and noting down which tasks require which character before backtracking to a point where you can switch. Another time waster is how learning moves for Banjo and Kazooie separately require you to be separated when you talk to Jamjars. Approach him with both character together and he tells you to go away. So annoying. I also can't see a reason why all these levels are interconnected in obscure ways. I rather them be more self-contained when it comes to objectives. It's so hard to keep a mental map of where every path leads and I miss the first game's compact level design. The warp pads are much better than DK64, though. Easily labeled where they lead rather than asking the player to remember ten numbered points across a large environment.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

No problem! I'm always happy to share some infos if I can!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Made quite a bit of progress in Atelier Totori. The worst part of the game is that Totori has the strength of paper so even when i did make her a new staff, she still has less damage output than anyone else when she's not using items like cannons and stuff.

That's par for the course in Sophie, too. The true battle strength of the resident alchemist lies with the items you make. Lulua tones this down a notch, due to her inital attack skill, which can be quite the game breaker if you do it right.
To wit: Lulua has basically two rows in battle: the front three members that actually fight, and two back-row members, who don't fight, but depending on which skills/items you use with the front row, they can trigger assist attacks that range from giving you buffs to healing to attacking enemies. Depending on the position of the front-row member, they will trigger the assist of the person behind them in the team order, so if you put someone in the middle, they can trigger BOTH assists.
Members with multiple assist attacks can trigger potentially all of them if you do it right. Now, one member has an assist that triggers an additional move whenever you do magic base damage, later learns a second that triggers whenever you cause a status ailment. Another member has an assist that triggers an additional attack when you do physical damage, later learns another one that ALSO triggers if you do physical damage (the second one is stronger, but has a 50% trigger chance, as opposed to 100%). This same character later ALSO learns an assist that triggers whenever you do magic damage and ANOTHER one that ALSO has the same trigger condition (again, stronger, but with a 50% trigger rate). Lulua's initial attack skill, Little Vice, does both physical AND magical damage AND you can craft symbols that add additional effects to your skills. Little Vice itself is not that strong on its own, but if you put Lulua in the middle of the front row and have these two other characters in the back, you can potentially trigger SIX assist attacks in a single turn, which racks up the damage by quite a lot. It's not unusual to start with a measly 100 or 150 damage, but then the assists trigger and that number quickly ascends into the thousands. It's insane. The best part? The skill barely costs any MP and it's pretty fast, too.

EDIT: I forgot to mention: It's not unusual to down even some of the harder enemies in one or two of these combos once you've unlocked every skill.

I avoided the other characters' names on purpose to avoid potential spoilers.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

In related news, i downloaded Lulua on my Switch. I still have to get through Totori and Meruru (both of which i'm playing on PC) before i get to Lulua, i just wanted to have it on there so i wouldn't have to sit through the download.

If you enjoyed Rorona, I think you'll love this one. The number of QoL improvements in Lulua over past Atelier games is staggering. Even though I can only really speak on Sophie, so my knowledge is limited.

Edited by DragonFlames

To wit: Lulua has basically two rows in battle: the front three members that actually fight, and two back-row members, who don't fight, but depending on which skills/items you use with the front row, they can trigger assist attacks that range from giving you buffs to healing to attacking enemies. Depending on the position of the front-row member, they will trigger the assist of the person behind them in the team order, so if you put someone in the middle, they can trigger BOTH assists.

Oooh rearguard. That's nice. Definitely looking forward to that since Rorona and Totori just have one row.

Anyway, i fucked up in Totori. Amazing how i fuck up after saying that getting Diamond Rank is easy. Because i'm definitely not making Diamond Rank before the deadline. You know, i'm just gonna stop saying the requirements are easy, that's twice i've gotten jinxed by it. I'm also extremely behind on events in general, Rorona was supposed to join in the 2nd year if i was doing things right and i was also supposed to get the assistant at that time too. I'm on the third year. I'm not gonna make it.

But worry not! I found out that regardless of what ending you get, you still get New Game+. So i'm just gonna ignore everything else, upgrade as much items and equipment as i can, get the bad ending, start a new playthrough with NG+ and get a head start on everything.

Edit: the only thing that carries over is equipment and money. Not items and levels. Nvm, just gonna reload a much earlier save.

Edited by Armagon

Anyway, i fucked up in Totori. Amazing how i fuck up after saying that getting Diamond Rank is easy. Because i'm definitely not making Diamond Rank before the deadline. You know, i'm just gonna stop saying the requirements are easy, that's twice i've gotten jinxed by it. I'm also extremely behind on events in general, Rorona was supposed to join in the 2nd year if i was doing things right and i was also supposed to get the assistant at that time too. I'm on the third year. I'm not gonna make it.

But worry not! I found out that regardless of what ending you get, you still get New Game+. So i'm just gonna ignore everything else, upgrade as much items and equipment as i can, get the bad ending, start a new playthrough with NG+ and get a head start on everything.

Edit: the only thing that carries over is equipment and money. Not items and levels. Nvm, just gonna reload a much earlier save

*inhales*

God damn it, i was out here constantly reloading saves, making new ones when i wasn't even that far behind in the first place. I'm mad at myself. I could've gone without this stress.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

*inhales*

God damn it, i was out here constantly reloading saves, making new ones when i wasn't even that far behind in the first place. I'm mad at myself. I could've gone without this stress.

It happens.
I was stressing out the entire time playing Lulua, too, since I didn't want to miss out on any character event, when in fact none of them are missable. In Sophie, they were, so I got paranoid every time I saw time pass in the upper left corner of my screen.

---

I got all four CPU's in my party now (yay!), along with MAGES. (the period is important, apparently lol). And now I can't decide who I want to have in my main squad. Though I probably won't use Blanc as often, as she's just a slightly tankier Neptune on top of being rather slow. Her EXE Drive also seems lacking in power compared to Vert's and Neptune Break (side note: I love the way Purple Heart says "Neptune Break" in the Japanese dub. It sounds badass). I can at last safely say that, yes, Purple Heart is my favorite out of the four goddesses. I like all of them, I just like Neptune/Purple Heart the most.
I just started Chapter 5 with my strongest characters at level 45, while Noire rejoined at 42. I also unlocked a plan for new processor units for Neptune. Are they worth it? On that note, is it worth changing processors at all or can I get by with the standard ones?

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

MAGES.

Waganawa kyouki no Mad Scientisto, Hououin Kyouma da! FUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

slightly tankier

Later on Blanc becomes a pretty important due to being the only one along side Nepko being able to tank attacks, and her def buff is pretty useful, too.

Then again, i was using fortify enemies plan

I love the way Purple Heart says "Neptune Break" in the Japanese dub. It sounds badass

Kore ga watashi no hisets! NEPTUNE! BREAK!

Are they worth it? On that note, is it worth changing processors at all

Some are stronger then others and give more stats, so yup 😉

Especially in later RB games you should do it because the difference in Bonus stats is biiiiig

Edited by Shrimperor

I downloaded RE0 for the Switch last night, so I've been playing that. I've also started a new playthough of Awakening just for fun, I've remade some of the einherjar units to be as new level 1 units. So far I've got Micaiah, Ike, BK , and Zephiel. I won't get too many since I still want to use some of the Awakening units.

After another long hiatus from the game I've been trying to power through Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I'm getting really close to the end. At this point I can say that the game as definitely exceeded my expectations. It's still not as good as Xenoblade X, but it's currently fighting with Xenoblade 1 for second place, final judgments will be made once I've finished it. Also I could use some advice for getting passed a particular boss fight that's giving me difficultly. If you've played the game and would like to give some advice check the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Currently I'm fighting the level 66 Jin in the World Tree and every time I think I've got the jump on him he finds a way to shut me down. My team is currently Rex (Healer lvl 64), Morag (Tank lvl 65), and Zeke (Damage lvl 65). I'm not sure if I just need to power level for a bit or if there's a certain counter to Jin's attacks that I haven't found, but any tips are appreciated.

25 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

After another long hiatus from the game I've been trying to power through Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I'm getting really close to the end. At this point I can say that the game as definitely exceeded my expectations. It's still not as good as Xenoblade X, but it's currently fighting with Xenoblade 1 for second place, final judgments will be made once I've finished it. Also I could use some advice for getting passed a particular boss fight that's giving me difficultly. If you've played the game and would like to give some advice check the spoiler tag.

Hide contents

Currently I'm fighting the level 66 Jin in the World Tree and every time I think I've got the jump on him he finds a way to shut me down. My team is currently Rex (Healer lvl 64), Morag (Tank lvl 65), and Zeke (Damage lvl 65). I'm not sure if I just need to power level for a bit or if there's a certain counter to Jin's attacks that I haven't found, but any tips are appreciated.

Ah, The fight with him, that was fun. This is where he seals your healing, correct? can't remember, lol. Well, it kinda depends on your playstyle, I'm also not sure whether or not chain attacks work cause I can't remember. If so, they might be worth focusing on for a quick kill. Using meals to fight helps a lot, focusing on things like artes recharge, etc. Sorry I can't help more, haven't gone through the story in a while, but am about to!

Said XC2 boss fight in question I don't recall any particular challenges with. I stacked Agility accessories on Morag, offense on Zeke, and Nia did her usual healing. Morag had the DLC gift of Corvin, who I found invaluable in boss/unique monster battles due to Enrage dispel with his Level 2 Special. I do try to stack Orbs on my enemies when their HP is high, and once it gets somewhere below half, even if I dispel Enrage, I then attempt burst them dead in a single Chain Attack to avoid a sudden "low HP nuke you" attack from the enemy. I do this very often without a Full Burst because I kinda stopped using Rex that often at a certain point. This worked for Normal.

As for myself, I've gone up to Chapter 18 Thracia 776, with plans after a little break I'v had to finish my first run of my last unplayed FE between 3 and 15. I'm ready for the most fiendish recruitment ever! I'm certainly not playing blind, and I've two little QoL fan fixes applied, but this diamond in the rough is more diamond than coal, personally speaking. It's old FE, and it's quirks I can bear with, not for everyone, but it is fun for me.

The other thing that has occupied my time is my screenshot LP of Persona 2: Innocent Sin. Dungeon design is poor, battles are a tad easy and much too frequent, but I'm sincerely enjoying the game. Its narrative is promising, and doing an LP I think has made me more attentive to catching the little details than had I not done one.

I got Diamond Rank in Atelier Totori with an entire year to spare. The extension of the game won't actually happen until June of the 4th year which means right now it's just a waiting game. I'm free to grind, synthesize, explore and catch up on events i missed to my heart's content. I also finally unlocked the assistant and it's both better and worse than it was in Rorona. It's better because, if you find the right items, you can have up to five assistants all doing different things. It's worse because you better have pies in your containers. No pies, no work. So i don't know how much i'll actually use them here.

I also discovered that special attacks are a thing. No, i don't mean Assist Attacks and Skills. I mean Special Attacks. Sterk, one of the characters from the first game, just joined and his has a gauge below his Assist Gauge that, once it's filled up, he erases the enemy from existence. But he's the only one who has it so i don't know how it works.

I was stressing out the entire time playing Lulua, too, since I didn't want to miss out on any character event, when in fact none of them are missable.

Lulua might be an exception. Events aren't exactly missable in Rorona and Totori but you have to know when, who and where to trigger them. Unless you really know, i doubt it's possible to get them all on your first playthrough. 

It also explains why Rorona didn't join on my original run of Totori. Because i never went back to Totori's workshop. I was too busy running around the Arland region of the game waiting for Rorona to show up at her own workshop. I face-palmed so hard when i realized why she wasn't joining.

I also unlocked a plan for new processor units for Neptune. Are they worth it? On that note, is it worth changing processors at all or can I get by with the standard ones?

You should mess with it. As Shrimperor mentioned, stat changes on them are huge. I didn't mess around with it too much in ReBirth 1 and 2, but from ReBirth 3 and onward, i started messing around with the processor parts for better stats. Also some of them just look hilarious. Black Heart wearing an eye-patch, demon horn and stone arches floating on her back will never not be funny.

Though I probably won't use Blanc as often, as she's just a slightly tankier Neptune on top of being rather slow.

Bad idea, Blanc's Defense AoE buff is a lifesaver in every game but especially in this one.

Let me know when you get to Ch.7, because that's when you can begin recruiting the CPU Candidates via Plans. They don't have any actual relevance in ReBirth 1 but it is an option. Though it is a bit time-consuming to get them and you can only get two out of the four in one playthrough (they carry over in NG+ tho so two runs gets you all four) so if you don't want to bother with that, that is also an option.

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm an hour late so i don't know if you've already progressed past it but here's some tips

Spoiler

First, whenever Jin is using Stunned Sparrow, avoid attacking him, otherwise you get Launched and he gets to hit you for free. Unfortunately, you can't really tell your party members to avoid attacking Jin, Xenoblade 2 got rid of party commands but Torna brought them back. Second, i think Rex being your healer might not be his best option. Nia's still objectively the best healer in the game due to naturally having the highest Ether stat. Third, but this one's dependent on DLC, as Interdimensional Observer mentioned, having Corvin to nullify Enrage is a Godsend. It's totally doable without but it might be easier if you have him.

As for the levels themselves, i think you're fine. Can i see each character's Blade setup?

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Lulua might be an exception. Events aren't exactly missable in Rorona and Totori but you have to know when, who and where to trigger them. Unless you really know, i doubt it's possible to get them all on your first playthrough.

I see, that's kind of a shame, then. But it does encourage a second playthrough, so it all works out, I guess.

You should mess with it. As Shrimperor mentioned, stat changes on them are huge. I didn't mess around with it too much in ReBirth 1 and 2, but from ReBirth 3 and onward, i started messing around with the processor parts for better stats. Also some of them just look hilarious. Black Heart wearing an eye-patch, demon horn and stone arches floating on her back will never not be funny.

Ah, gotcha. I will look into that, then. They're really expensive sometimes and some of them lower resistances, as well, so I think I'll have to choose wisely. I believe giving them a processor that lowers Agility and Technique, for example, isn't exactly what I want.

Bad idea, Blanc's Defense AoE buff is a lifesaver in every game but especially in this one.

'Kay, changing the team order, then. Iffy also just learned a healing skill and she's faster than Compa (albeit even more squishy). Damn, every character in this game has something great and I can only ever have three in my party. Vert's debuff skill proved very useful against certain tough enemies and bosses, Iffy's TEC buff is great for improving accuracy (of course, she's also fast and has good AoE), Compa doesn't die all the time anymore, and MAGES. has great ranged attacks that destroy physically resistant foes like it's nothing, while Noire and Nep-Nep are probably the two strongest characters in terms of raw damage output. And with Blanc having that Defense buff (that I did use against one or two bosses already), I think having a "main team" is out of the question.

Though Neptune will forever be a mainstay, if only because - as she herself puts it - is the main character.
(I'm that weird guy that doesn't like to drop the main character from the team unless I really don't like them.)

Let me know when you get to Ch.7, because that's when you can begin recruiting the CPU Candidates via Plans. They don't have any actual relevance in ReBirth 1 but it is an option. Though it is a bit time-consuming to get them and you can only get two out of the four in one playthrough (they carry over in NG+ tho so two runs gets you all four) so if you don't want to bother with that, that is also an option.

Alright, will do! I think I will want to bother with that, since the Candidates are apparently important to the sequel (with it being named Sisters' Generation and all), so being able to get a feel for them in the first game is a good idea, I think.

Edited by DragonFlames