Soooooo what'cha playing?

42 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Beat it silly with a Greatsword and its appropriate Expertise shard. Added an increased-grade Welcome Company for good measure. 

Valac's attack patterns are fun (read: annoying), particularly that twin bite.

Welcome Company is so good. Even though it doesn't protect you completely, it's good for getting up close.

I don't really like using greatswords. They're too slow for my liking, though i haven't tested them out with that book that increases attack speed.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Nepgear cult is kinda hard to please xD

I myself loved the Gear bullying tbh.

Me too. Not that I hate Nepgear (the opposite, in fact - she's my favorite character after Neptune and Plutia), it's for the sake of comedy, and the jokes are pretty funny, too. I loved when Nepgear told Vert she was the protagonist of Re;Birth 2 and Vert laughed her ass off in disbelief. XD

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

I thought the dragon boss in the volcano in Atelier Lulua was gonna kick my ass because it had no weakness but it went down on my first try. Compare that to the dragons at the top of the Ster Highlands which kicked my ass a few times. Also i think i may end up getting all the character endings after all, considering how quickly friendship seems to increase. Getting the Curry Ending is gonna take a lot of work though. Also i fucked around with the Change BGM option and it's too powerful.

Cygnus is love. Cygnus is life. Seriously, that song is so freaking good! And the boss fight it plays in was one of my favorites in this game.
The dragons in Ster Highlands are strangely stronger than anything you can fight at that point in the game. They become cakewalks later, though.

I reached Chapter 6 and got the items to get the good ending. The scene where you get Peashy's Drawing was pretty heartwarming. 
Sadie broke Arfoire. Sadie. Broke. Arfoire. I laughed so hard, I probably lengthened that scene by about 20 minutes. I also used one of the team EXE attacks, where they transform into battle ships (no, really). I thought "holy crap, this is awesome!", then a note popped up, saying "*this isn't actually happening"... Even the attacks in this game are hilarious.

28 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The scene where you get Peashy's Drawing was pretty heartwarming. 

Neptune best Mama

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sadie broke Arfoire. Sadie. Broke. Arfoire.

No one can hide from Sadie. No one.

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

. I also used one of the team EXE attacks, where they transform into battle ships (no, really). I thought "holy crap, this is awesome!", then a note popped up, saying "*this isn't actually happening"... Even the attacks in this game are hilarious.

Is this the first time you see it? Those combo Exe were one of my most used Attacks. Also, Neptune could transform since R;B1 xD

That reminds me, in Hyperdevotion there is an EXE-drive where some princess launches a Genkidama on Earth while shown in ''nicinico'' mode.
Here's a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSPRGjJv0Vs xD

@Armagonlol that epic battle music while shopping. Shopping has never been so intense

37 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Neptune best Mama

Indeed. Her being legitimately angry for probably the first time in these games speaks for itself. It also adds to my impression that the characters are actually pretty deep, despite fitting into (comedic) stereotypes on the surface.

No one can hide from Sadie. No one.

Poor Iffy, though. She got traumatized at that early age.
She's still a brat, which is disappointing. Gotta admit, her chuuni side is pretty adorable, though.

That reminds me, in Hyperdevotion there is an EXE-drive where some princess launches a Genkidama on Earth while shown in ''nicinico'' mode.

Here's a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSPRGjJv0Vs xD

What. The. Actual. Hell. XD
I'm actually laughing right now. This stuff is gold!

This is from the Noire spin-off game, right?

Is this the first time you see it? Those combo Exe were one of my most used Attacks. Also, Neptune could transform since R;B1 xD

Yup, I've actually never seen them transform into battle ships before. Which reminds me that I never even used Neptune's second EXE Drive, which I assume is the one where she transforms. Neptune Break was too good.

Edited by DragonFlames

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is from the Noire spin-off game, right?

Yup, from Noire 776 Hyperdevotion Noire. I still gotta finish that game someday, since i paused it to play the mainline. (Hyperdevotion was my entry to NepNep since i was searching for a SRPG to play in Xmas vacation and found it for cheap (3€) xD)

The game has alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of Makers... that never appeared again.

Which reminds me that I never even used Neptune's second EXE Drive, which I assume is the one where she transforms.

yup https://youtu.be/HPPuaQ0WRQk?t=78

Neptune Break was too good.

Neptune Break besto.

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup, from ~~Noire 776~~ Hyperdevotion Noire. I still gotta finish that game someday, since i paused it to play the mainline. (Hyperdevotion was my entry to NepNep since i was searching for a SRPG to play in Xmas vacation and found for cheaper then a Kebab (3€) xD)

The game has alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of Makers... that never appeared again.

Huh. I just checked and it's on the Vita... If it's an SRPG, that might be something I'd check out after playing the mainline games.

Holy balls. I do prefer Neptune Break, but this is still awesome.

Neptune Break besto.

Yup. Even though Noire's Infinite Slash outdamages it against certain enemies if you don't have someone like Falcom supporting Neptune (for the Ignore Traits passive), Neptune Break still has the best animation.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If it's an SRPG, that might be something I'd check out after playing the mainline games.

Just beware the Self insert they put in it. Everyone hates the game for that guy. Mostly xD

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Neptune Break still has the best animation.

And best Quote to tbh xD

And it's done by best girl haha

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Cygnus is love. Cygnus is life. Seriously, that song is so freaking good! And the boss fight it plays in was one of my favorites in this game.

I set every battle theme to Cygnus because i only got to hear it for two seconds before the Wind Stone destroyed me.

Sadie broke Arfoire. Sadie. Broke. Arfoire

My favorite scene in the entire game.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Huh. I just checked and it's on the Vita.

Every spin-off except Cyberdimension, Super Neptunia RPG and that one Neptunia shoot em' up are on the Vita. 

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Just beware the Self insert they put in it. Everyone hates the game for that guy. Mostly xD

Like me. The self-insert has kinda killed my motivation to keep playing that game. Like, as an SRPG, it's pretty solid but good God, i can't stand the self-insert. There isn't even anything clever going on with him, he's literally just a self-insert. 

Good thing Complie Heart realized their mistake because that's the last time a self-insert has shown up (the first was Producing Perfection, a game i don't intend to touch because that's an idol simulation game and i ain't into that).

Playing Super Neptunia RPG, and i'm enjoying it so far. I enjoy the conversations in this game, they make me laugh. I think i'm pretty far in? Not sure, but i'm level 50, so yeah.

Also, the Pokémon reference "Bokemon" was on of my favorites so far! Although I think I drew the line at "I want to be the very best, like no one ever was!". that just hurt. Not sure what others think about this game, since it's pretty new.

Edited by lightcosmo

15 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't mind it. So long as it's not on Kris/Corrin level badness.
I'm honestly more surprised the mainline games don't have one, considering the likely target audience for these games... which the games frequently makes fun of (case in point: Noire's "weird" fans).

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

I set every battle theme to Cygnus because i only got to hear it for two seconds before the Wind Stone destroyed me.

Oh... I... accidentally spoiled something for you then. My bad!

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

My favorite scene in the entire game.

I definitely see why. Stuff's funny as heck.

After discussing the fact that the Makers are all DLC with Shrimperor, I caved (heh!) and downloaded it. It was free, which I didn't think it would be, in all honesty. I now have both adult IF and kid IF as well as adult Compa and kid Compa on my team, which is... incredibly weird, to be honest. Apparently, MAGES. and 5pb. are related (must be the periods, surely), and it also made me realize that MAGES. was completely absent from Re;Birth 2. Shame on you, Re;Birth 2! You are henceforth only an 8/10 game for missing MAGES..
... I'm kidding. But I do like MAGES.. And Marvy. And Tekken. And Falcom. And Broccoli. And everyone.

Also, for whatever reason, this song has been stuck in my head for a few days now. What the heck?

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Playing Super Neptunia RPG, and i'm enjoying it so far. I enjoy the conversations in this game, they make me laugh. I think i'm pretty far in? Not sure, but i'm level 50, so yeah.

Also, the Pokémon reference "Bokemon" was on of my favorites so far! Although I think I drew the line at "I want to be the very best, like no one ever was!". that just hurt. Not sure what others think about this game, since it's pretty new.

I'm liking it so far. The game's mostly what i wanted and expected from it, which is a good thing.

I do think the combat and some of the animations could use some more polish but it's nothing major.

Oh... I... accidentally spoiled something for you then. My bad!

It's fine, i figured it would come up again anyway. It doesn't make sense for an unwinnable boss fight to be the only time it normally plays. The Change BGM option also spoils some areas (one of which i'm excited to revist, i just don't know when).

After discussing the fact that the Makers are all DLC with Shrimperor, I caved (heh!) and downloaded it. It was free, which I didn't think it would be, in all honesty. I now have both adult IF and kid IF as well as adult Compa and kid Compa on my team, which is... incredibly weird, to be honest. Apparently, MAGES. and 5pb. are related (must be the periods, surely), and it also made me realize that MAGES. was completely absent from Re;Birth 2. Shame on you, Re;Birth 2! You are henceforth only an 8/10 game for missing MAGES..
... I'm kidding. But I do like MAGES.. And Marvy. And Tekken. And Falcom. And Broccoli. And everyone.

Nice nice. That should give you a ton of new events. 

Hopefully the DLC Makers (actually new characters this time) in Megadimension are also free DLC for the PS4 version since those are also really good.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's fine, i figured it would come up again anyway. It doesn't make sense for an unwinnable boss fight to be the only time it normally plays. The Change BGM option also spoils some areas (one of which i'm excited to revist, i just don't know when).

I guess so. Still, I shouldn't be spoiling things for people.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nice nice. That should give you a ton of new events.

Yup, so many that I had 2 entire hours of gameplay dedicated to them. I should have gotten the characters earlier, I guess.
Some hilarious highlights: MAGES.' time reversing microwave that also freezes fried chicken instead of heating it and turns bananas into strange green goop; Tekken sends Neptune flying with a gentle slap; Noire wants to first ride, then poke the thing Broccoli is riding on; Cave's story about how she got to the other world devolves into a tale of her and the Lowee twins getting sweets; Marvy has a wardrobe malfunction due to Neptune failing wind ninjutsu; 5pb.'s stage can apparently turn into a robot; Nepgear tries to learn martial arts from Tekken so people like her more.
Cool stuff: Falcom meeting herself; CyberConnect2 saving Noire by activating some kind of rage mode.
Heartwarming/cute stuff: Vert and CyberConnect2 bond over online games; Falcom bails Iffy and Compa out of their plight to have spent the money meant for ice cream on bandages; Nepgear and MAGES., the two tech nerds.

Edited by DragonFlames

MAGES.' time reversing microwave that also freezes fried chicken instead of heating it and turns bananas into strange green goop

say, did you watch/read Steins;Gate?

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hopefully the DLC Makers (actually new characters this time) in Megadimension are also free DLC for the PS4 version since those are also really good.

Especially Umio & Arthur. 

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

say, did you watch/read Steins;Gate?

Actually, no. I assume that scene is a reference to that game?

One thing I forgot to mention earlier: Due to the fact that I've gotten the Makers late, I am expecting some trouble in having them keep up with my already trained main squad of Neptune, Nepgear, Noire, Plutia, Blanc, and Vert. Luckily, the four Oracles come with pretty powerful equipment. The same sadly can't be said of the Makers. Oh well. There's always a second playthrough.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Actually, no. I assume that scene is a reference to that game?

The whole character, MAGES. is a reference to Steins;Gate

Infact, she might as well be the daughter of the Main Characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCRKzIr8Eoc

Edited by Shrimperor

The whole character, MAGES. is reference to Steins;Gate

Infact, she might as well be the daughter of the Main Characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCRKzIr8Eoc

Okay, I see it now. The mysterious "organization", the phone calls with no one in particular, self-proclaimed "Mad Scientist", the mad laugh, the green goopy banana...
Best thing is: even without knowing what it references, these jokes still work splendidly. XD

You now have given me an anime to watch over summer. Thank you for that!

There's a reason she's my favourite maker xD

You can also get her outfits that resemble the Character. MAGES.' Kurisu outfit is 10/10. also, the reason MAGES./5PB. are related is because they are the same company irl afaik.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You now have given me an anime to watch over summer. Thank you for that!

Enjoy 😄

It's my favourite Anime ever. Nothing can top it imho.

There's a reason she's my favourite maker xD

You can also get her outfits that resemble the Character. MAGES.' Kurisu outfit is 10/10. also, the reason MAGES./5PB. are related is because they are the same company irl afaik.

I see. I had no idea.
I need to do more research.

Got to Ch.9 in Atelier Lulua. Gotta say

Spoiler

Not liking how the plot suddenly turned to gotta save the world (or at least in this case, gotta save a very populated area). Like, i guess they hinted at it but now that it's out in the open, i ain't really feeling it. I'm fine with the new lore, i'm fine with the Alchemyriddle very obviously being sent to the current Lulua by a future version of herself inb4 i'm wrong but Arland was never about saving the world (i mean, i guess they aren't saving the world but the stakes still suddenly shot up). Arland's always been more about a lot more personal goals. For Rorona, it was saving her workshop from closing. For Totori, it was finding her mother. For Meruru, it was developing her kingdom. For Lulua, it's explore Fellsgalaxen so that it benefits her status as an upcoming alchemist. You can keep the head to the center of Fellsgalaxen goal, just cut the saving Arklys from destruction part.

I'm still working on getting everyone to 100% friendship before the end and i'm also trying to fill out as much as the Alchemyriddle as i can. I'm still saving the Curry Ending for after i beat the game. I ain't gonna focus on that right now. Arklys will (probably) meet a fiery end if i don't fix whatever the fuck is going on in Fellsgalaxen so i'm gonna do what every JRPG hero does: do side stuff.

In Bloodstained, i fought Gebel and uh.........today i learned, you aren't supposed to fight him that early. Cause if you beat him that early, you get a bad end. I figured he was gonna be the final boss but i thought this was just a "oh you beat him but he retreats" kind of fight. The Hall of Termination didn't even feel like a final area either. Uh, well then.

In Super Neptunia RPG, i finally made it to Planeptune City.

Spoiler

When they said the city was underwater, i thought they meant people were living in an underwater city. But no, Planeptune City is actually just Atlantis now. It was apparently sunken by Purple Heart (she can do that?). Well, that's a mystery i gotta figure out. 

Gotta say though, the background when you're exploring the Planeptune Sea is really pretty, especially when you can see the city ruins in the background.

15 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't mind it. So long as it's not on Kris/Corrin level badness.

I forgot to anwser this. Even though i don't think Kris and Corrin are that bad, for the sake of this argument, i'm gonna say, yes, the self-insert in Hyperdevotion Noire is worse than Kris and Corrin. See, cause here's the thing, Kris and Corrin at least have an appearance. The self-insert in Hyperdevotion Noire is just a faceless dude that you never see because it's from his PoV. He's like Mark from Blazing Blade, except he has actual impact and dialogue and i hate it.

Does Hyperdevotion Noire still have Nep humor? Yes. It's just very hard for me to enjoy it when the self-insert is there and no, none of his lines have Nep humor. 

I don't know how the self-insert in Producing Perfection is like. I'd imagine it works better since idol simulation games do that (i think) but like i said before, it's an idol simulation game and i have no desire to play it.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Especially Umio & Arthur. 

Those two are great.

About Arthur

Spoiler

I haven't gotten that one post-game event for her because i didn't realize you have to fight her and she kicked my ass.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In Bloodstained, i fought Gebel and uh.........today i learned, you aren't supposed to fight him that early. Cause if you beat him that early, you get a bad end. I figured he was gonna be the final boss but i thought this was just a "oh you beat him but he retreats" kind of fight. The Hall of Termination didn't even feel like a final area either. Uh, well then.

It doesn't surprise me that Bloodstained would have a bad ending. Every Castlevania between Symphony of the Night and Order of Ecclesia, with the exception of Circle of the Moon, has at least two endings, one typically bad.

The bad ending might have provided you a hint of how to get the good, they tend to do that (not always, the Sorrows didn't, but they still gave you clues).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The bad ending might have provided you a hint of how to get the good, they tend to do that (not always, the Sorrows didn't, but they still gave you clues).

Yeah, the one in Bloodstained didn't really give you a hint on how to get the good ending.

Spoiler

It was basically "we stopped Gebel but the castle and demons are still there" 

"Well that's not our problem anymore. Leave it to the Church".

My guess is you just have to take down all the bosses. Although maybe the anwser is in those journal entries. I might have to actually start paying attention to them.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

My guess is you just have to take down all the bosses. Although maybe the anwser is in those journal entries. I might have to actually start paying attention to them.

Could be a possibility. Aria of Sorrow is "find these three books scattered around the castle, and figure out what they're telling to you to equip during the "final" boss battle". Castlevanias have typically made the good ending locked behind finding and equipping something at the right time (always a boss battle).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Could be a possibility. Aria of Sorrow is "find these three books scattered around the castle, and figure out what they're telling to you to equip during the "final" boss battle". Castlevanias have typically made the good ending locked behind finding and equipping something at the right time (always a boss battle).

I see. Ritual of the Night is basically my introduction to Castlevania (technically it was the Curse of the Moon but that was more of the point A to point B kind) and all the journal entries so far have just been lore but i'm still gonna keep an eye out just in case.

Hopefully the good end requirements isn't 100% the map like it is in Blaster Master Zero 1 (before Ritual of the Night, the Blaster Master Zero series was like the only Metroidvanias i've played).

While waiting for Three Houses to release, I've been split between getting 100 percent in Super Mario Odyssey (currently have 746/880 Moons) and playing Octopath Traveler (all of the first chapters are done and I collected every sub-class).

As for other things, I completed every shrine and the Champions Ballad in Breath of the Wild a while ago and I have most of the armor, but I haven't finished the Trial of the Sword so maybe I can do that at some point. I also have around two hundred spirits or so to get in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but I've been saving that until after I buy the Fighters Pass so I have more things to use the DLC characters for.