Soooooo what'cha playing?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figure I should mention Super Kirby Clash since I've finally platinum ranked all 108 fights. The last five or so required a decent team of online players. It's a great game! I've seen a lot of concern over its model of microtransactions but I can prove personally you can platinum rank every fight in the game within a month as a free to play player. Just stick to buying gear for your favorite role, set the AI party members to the same role, and knock out as many challenges as you can for more gems. That doesn't really absolve the existence of microtransactions in the first place of course. I think a lot of the purchaseable support items are a monumental waste if you're running on the gems the game hands out. The role-specific codexes that increase your stats are the only worthwhile purchase while the rest mainly address concerns you wouldn't typically have. Pitfall purchases that don't need to be in the game. Some of the in-game achievements requiring you to own all the equipment basically can't be completed as a F2P without months or years of login bonuses so hardcore completionists are in their right to turn their nose up at the game.

The game is just as fun as it was on 3DS. I rate it a 8.0 out of 10. I definitely wish there were more unique fights. I think I only counted three totally unique enemies while the rest are more reskins and more attacks on the existing fights. I also wish the game would have played with the idea of having unique stages that aren't all flat planes. A few ledges or other architecture could spice up the strategy here or there. And my biggest disappointment is not having at least one new character - namely the Archer which is my favorite copy ability in the Kirby series and fits the fantasy aesthetic. I also find the Hammer Lord's movement speed to be far too slow. The only way he can avoid damage is by relying on certain moves that are totally invincible. The beam mage still feels like far and away the best role, providing high damage output and utility, while the hammer lord requires endgame equipment to justify his lackluster moveset. My personal disappointments about content and balance aside this is probably the best F2P game I can think of. Certainly the best available on Switch. The online connectivity can get pretty atrocious as with any Switch game though so thankfully online play is never necessary.

Edited by Glennstavos

So, finished Chapter 1 of Dragon Star Varnir

Impressions so far:
-Battle system seems fun so far. Imagine Radiant Hisoria, but in 3D
-Setting/Story is interesting. Basically, MC is a Witch hunter Knight, until he becomes a Wizard Witch himself
-IF finally did it. You can save everywhere AND save points heal you. Finally 😄 😄
-I really really like the music.

pretty good & positive start^^

The last month has left me with less time for games, so I've been playing a bit of Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition as another pick up and put down experience like Super Kirby Clash. I was not aware they added the multiple playable characters to the game. You can direct them across the map and switch to them at opportune moments. Unfortunately it seems the AI is allergic to actually fighting on their own, so you have to switch to them in order to do the dirty work of...anything that isn't running across the map. And even that can prove too much for them. Best to treat them as movable warp points. In FEW the system of directing units was much better programmed and useful while this game's version of it just feels hastily slapped together. Adventure Mode is much improved. Being able to buy item cards cuts down considerably on the grind now that you don't have to replay maps for more of everything. Furthermore, if there's a reward tied to a certain character, but the mission lets you select multiple characters, you can just have the appropriate guy on your squad and blaze through with the warriors you actually want to play as and still earn that reward. Pretty handy if the challenge is difficult or there's a moveset you feel is too obnoxious like Zant. I haven't played most of the content that wasn't in the Wii U game (since most of it is unlocked only after ~20 hours of play) but the new adventure mode maps seem quite good with more straightforward challenges that don't waste the player's time or seem as artificially difficult.

But even with the new stuff it's still the same game. The game has devious design choices to squeeze more play time out of the player. Adventure Mode maps often require two separate playthroughs for all the rewards. And sometimes their KO count for the A rank fluctuates an extra 200 KOs, robbing the player of their reward for reaching the standard 1000. Of course the requirements for A ranks are still invisible to the player just to cheese a few failures out of them 1 out of every 15 missions The UI is uninformative with only one objective listed at a time until you pause the game for more info. Information about your allies, objectives, and enemies is hidden within (no joke) five different sub menus while paused, and none of them tell you what your base's current health is which is the most important detail to keep track of. The minimap has so many blips and beeps you can't tell which part of the level needs your attention the most or get sufficient warnings that you're close to failing an objective or losing your home base and there are no checkpoints for missions that run as long as 15 minutes. You still can't restore the health of your home base which compounds those issues. Checkpoints in story missions might be a new thing but every time I loaded a checkpoint I'd find myself in the same near unwinnable situation where I'm moments away from failing an objective. But this is still a decent game with a remarkable roster. There's so much variety and series-wide representation. There are no clone movesets - not even the characters that are actually the same person, some characters have multiple weapon types to try out, and everybody has fun character-specific gimmicks or meters to manage. I rate this game a 7.2 out of 10. An ideal game to get stuck with, but not a great one.

Star Control : Origins

It's a shame this game is known more for the lawsuit than on its own terms, because it really is a nice little game. 

That said, I don't like the combat nearly as much as SC2.... The main problems are Too much homing, and Too much (Circle based) AOE - it really puts a damper on using fast ships and maneuverability, and emphasizes raw HP. I also don't like the light deceleration, since I prefer the full momentum and inertia/physics thing. I went through the story in 18 hours (20-24 is reported as average). I went on to put up a speedrun of the game. In SC2 I always used All follower ships for combat, but in the speedrun, it's Flagship time all day. I did use all follower ships in my blind playthrough.

Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim

Still as fun as ever. Coming back because... Someone showed up to speedrun it. I'm showing them what I know.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:11 AM, Shrimperor said:

-IF finally did it. You can save everywhere AND save points heal you. Finally 😄 😄

---
Speaking of IF, on my way to MegaNep VII's 100% completion, I did some leveling and... well... see for yourselves:
R7AyBWh.jpg
You're also looking at one of the strongest characters in the game. Ram's damage output is insane. If this goes on, I might need to revise my Nep Tier List.
---

I also started a new Three Houses Blue Lions run for the lulz. Male Byleth's new voice sounds good, actually. You can tell it's a different actor (of course) and he gives the character a more subdued feel, which is alright. Definitely not a jarring change, in my opinion.
As to why I started another playthrough: 1) I felt like it, 2) I wanted to play through the Blue Lions story again after seeing the other 3 routes, thus knowing everything, to see if my views change, and 3) I read somewhere that making Annette a Wyvern Lord is supposedly really good, so I want to try that.

Edited by DragonFlames

• 2 weeks later...

So finished Dragon Star Varnir (True End)

Imo, this is IF/CH's best non-Neptunia game. 

While the story is pretty predictable, the real treat is how the Characters grow together and try to live in the tragedy that is their life. Between all the sadness, death and despair, normal life and happy moments are just a treat, and are worth so much more. Not to mention how Characters prespictive change through the Story. And between all the sadness, while the characters are sometimes close to giving up, they don't, and try their best to solve the misery they are in.

Gameplay is also pretty fun. It's Radiant Historia, but in 3D. Right down to traps not affecting big bosses xD

One thing i really love about the game is the Skill System. Using 'devour' Attacks, you can devour the enemies and steal the attacks and skills of your enemies and unlock then use them for yourself. It makes for great customizability, and some of the most fun i ever had in Menus in rpgs. Of course, such a system comes with limits as to not break the system too much. Each ability has an equipment Cost, and the total cost can not exceed 20 for each type (Physical, Magical, Devour and passives). You can also only 'equip' max. 5 skills of each type at a time.
The devour system also helps with dealing with annoying tanky late game mobs which plagues almost every jrpg, since with devour Attakcs you have a chance (which you can increase) to one shot enemies. Really makes the game more fun & smooth. Doesn't work on Bosses of course (but you still get their Attacks when you defeat bosses).

The music is also pretty damn good!

Also, fellow Falcom peeps might recognize some stuff in there 😉

Honestly, the only stuff i am meh about are some plot points that happen late game, because they kinda happen a bit too fast/rushed, and the 'gift'/Harem sytem, but that's optional and doesn't affect the Story so eh.

Now, i've noticed alot of people aren't happy with a so-called 'sister system'. To explain what it is without making a wall-o-text, it's an anti grind mechanic/time limit. As long as you don't grind and fight every enemy you meet once, you should be good to go really for the true ending. Otherwise, Normal or Mad ending.

I'd say between 7.5 and 8/10, leaning more towards 7.5 tho

Edited by Shrimperor

I'm now playing Doom the Roguelike - 

It's a fangame that's been developed over 9 years (the dedvelopers made a commercial game on a similar engine just this August called Jupiter Hell)

It's very fast-paced, has tons of nods to id software. It's pretty much all combat, but interesting in that they implemented "dodging" in a turn based system. Feels really good after being disappointed by things like recent mystery dungeon games. I've beaten it once with a mix of weapons (plasma rifle and rocket launcher), and about 4 times with melee (chainsaw is just blessed). The game has lots of challenge type mutators you can start a game with, but I don't feel very confident with them. I want to say the nicest difficulty on Ultra-VIolent, like actual Doom, but I kinda prefer Hurt Me Plenty, mostly because randomly starting a level and getting the tiny cave map full of anachrotrons is scary.

The game has graphics, but I think they're ugly so I'm using the option to switch to the original Ascii. 

Been playing Fairy Fencer f lately. When I finish the game, I'll probably "review" it here, so look forward to that.
Or don't. Whatever you want.

In other news, I finished my Blue Lions playthrough that I was doing on the side. They really are my favorite house, character-wise.
No obnoxious Jeralt-this, Jeralt-that, no creepy green-haired guy, whose A-support with Flayn reminded me of a certain Awakening support I regret getting to this day, no "I'M FERDINAND VON AEGIR!", no "Oh, I'm so noble, I pick my nose with your finger instead!", whose only redeeming quality is the fact that he's the first character in the entire damn franchise who can effectively pull off a hybrid class (and the fact that he's voiced by Ben Diskin), no Elliot 2.0, who manages to be even more dull.
They do have the philanderer, sure, but he isn't as obnoxious about it as, say, Inigo, Sain, or Gatrie. Also, he gets his rightful retributions for his behavior.

The only downside is that you become Archbishop by the end. F*** the church.

Speaking of Flayn, a.k.a. Miss "I crave fish!"

I S-supported her this time. Why? Because I've already seen Annette's once and I wanted to see something new. I'm also not big enough on Mercedes or Ingrid to want to S-support them. Ingrid belongs with Dimitri, anyway and Mercie deserves to see her dream of helping people come to fruition. She don't need no manly (arguably, in my case) baggage dragging her along. Also, because I like Flayn as a character.

I finished Azure Moon route of Three Houses the other day, and though I mentioned my thoughts in another thread already I'll post them here too. Spoilers for Azure Moon and Verdant Wind:

Spoiler

Back when I was playing through Verdant Wind I assumed Crimson Flower and Azure Moon would focus mainly on the Edelgard/Dimitri conflict. And I was right; AM is detached from basically everything except the Edelgard/Dimitri conflict and the Tragedy of Duscur. I imagine I would be a bit disappointed if I played it as my first route, since it doesn't follow up on any of the questions unrelated to Dimitri's arc. In fact Rhea is completely absent from the game after the time skip, which I found unusual considering how important she is to White Clouds. I didn't mind TWSIND not being focused on though, since they mainly work in the background anyway.

On to the bright side, Dimitri's character arc is quite good, as it should be because AM devotes itself entirely to it. I thought Edelgard was an appropriate final boss and it was nice learning about her and Dimitri's prior relationship. Though Fódlan is at peace by the end of both AM and VW (and AM has two of the lords surviving instead of just one), AM's ending felt more bittersweet since it ends on the note of Dimitri and Edelgard being unable to reconcile compared to Byleth and Claude being triumphant over Nemesis.

I don't plan on starting Crimson Flower until Jeritza becomes playable, but I might start a Black Eagles playthrough beforehand if I feel like it (and go for Silver Snow if I somehow get that far before Wave 3 of the DLC).

I decided to start playing Shadowrun Returns after a long, long hiatus of only putting 2 hours into the game. Back then I think I was overwhelmed in trying to understand all the mechanics and terminology, yet when I came back, everything just clicked.

Shadowrun Returns is one of those classic CRPGs (think Baldur's Gate) that meshes cyberpunk with fantasy. So we have things like Dwarves with Shotguns or an augmented Orc Samurai who cuts down enemies, or an Elf who focuses on drones for combat. I loved the setting of Shadowrun and may pick up the other Shadowrun titles out there, being Dragonfall and Hong Kong.

Specifically, I finished the default (and only) campaign, being Dead Man's Switch. Overall, it was an interesting ~10 hour experience hunting down a serial killer that murdered your old partner, alongside the twists and turns along the way. I loved the setting and seeing Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Trolls in "modern/futurish" setting, as well as seeing how magic is mixed with the technology of the time.
-- I personally played as a "Human Rigger," which is basically a Human who used Drones for combat. Near the end of the game, I felt like my Drones was carrying my party instead of the characters, but that may be because my Drones actually land their hits unlike some people who missed shots that had ~80% chance to hit several times in a row...

However, the endgame is basically full of BS. There are enemies that have to be killed twice, the first using "conventional" means, and the second using a special weapon designed to kill them. The kicker? The enemies revive if you don't kill them in their second form. Oh, and the enemies have skills that reduce your "Action Points," making it even harder to finish them off; not the mention it takes 3 hits from the special weapon to kill them when it only has 2 rounds before needing to reload. If you miss or don't set up Overwatch when the enemy comes back for round two, you're screwed.
-- Now, this wasn't really difficult as I figured out their mechanic early, but man it was tedious. I know there's a story reason why the enemies are the way they are, but it just didn't feel fun to play against.

Also, I encountered one major bug that soft-locked the game. Luckily the Auto-Save managed to bail me out as I redid the "buggy encounter" and it worked just fine the second time. Still, having such a major bug in a final product, especially for a game that came out back in 2013, just isn't right.

Despite the BS endgame and the bug, I enjoyed my time in the world of Shadowrun and wouldn't mind exploring it more in the other titles.
-- Oh, and there's mod support, so there are custom campaigns that can be played. Some even allow for importing your previous character (although most campaigns are designed around level 1 characters).

I also just realized I have over 100 games in my Steam wishlist, and I still got maybe 10 games I still need to finish...

Edited by Sire

Just picked up Tales of Vespiria: Definitive Edition during a Nintendo E-shop sale. Haven't played a Tales game since...Abyss, maybe? and I heard this was one of the best. If the other games in the series are any indication then it's probably a million hours long so I'm not too far in right now but I'm still waiting for things to get weird. 

Also I think Yuri might be my favorite Tales protagonist so far. I though he would be an angsty edge boy but he's a snarky little bastard and I like it.

Okay. I finished (one route of) Fairy Fencer f Advent Dark Force this morning and - as always - it's time for a "review" that may or may not look like I at least tried to keep it professional. I'll also try to avoid spoilers where I can, so no need to proceed with caution.

TL;DR for anyone who doesn't care: If you liked any of the mainline Neptunia games, chances are you'll like this one. It's good.

Story
The story is that in ancient past, a Goddess and a Vile God sealed each other away using magic weapons known as Furies. These contain beings known as Fairies. Several of these Furies have landed in the world the game takes place in (it doesn't have a name) and people who can wield them are known as Fencers (hence, Fairy Fencer). The protagonist, Fang, happens upon one of those Furies one day and hears of a rumor that whoever acquires one will be granted one wish. Tempted, Fang manages to pull it out and is greeted by the Fairy Eryn, who asks him to help revive the Goddess with her.
He says no. And that's when you know you're dealing with a Compile Heart game.
Of course, Eryn eventually manages to persuade him and so the journey begins. It's a simple setup that doesn't break any new ground, but it works well as context for the gameplay. The Neptunia games so far have gripped me with well placed humor and good writing and Fairy Fencer delivers that in spades as well, despite a few pacing issues here and there. There is a period in the game where the plot doesn't exactly progress, but then the pacing suddenly speeds up and it rapid-fires reveals and developments at you, which can make it difficult to wrap your head around at first, though it doesn't need that much time to catch up and figure stuff out for yourself. Except one subplot that's present in the latter part of the first half. I won't spoil it, but suffice it to say, it came right the heck out of nowhere. Luckily, it's only loosely connected to the main story and so doesn't distract from that. A similar subplot is developed much better, which is probably due to the fact that it is connected to the main story.
And this story gets dark. Like, not Re;Birth 2 Conquest Route dark, but still. I seriously have to wonder how Compile Heart manages to switch from humorous to serious without it feeling jarring whatsoever. Major props to their writing staff.

Characters
As always, the characters are a highlight all on their own and are probably the strongest part of the game.
Protagonist Fang is a food-obsessed lazy bum with a serious case of the Tsundere, but his character development is a sight to behold and really well done. He is joined by Eryn, his rather hot-headed Fairy partner, who constantly bickers with him (though it's clear that they care about each other), the "tsundomasochistic", as Eryn calls her, Tiara, who gets off on Fang insulting her... for whatever reason, who is probably one of the most interesting characters from her backstory alone, her cute Fairy partner Cui, which is a white creature that is only capable of saying its own name (Tiara can understand what it says, strangely enough), Fairyologist Harley, who provides the gratuitous fanservice, is about as lazy as Fang when it comes to housework and molests the other Fairies in the group - poor Eryn has it especially bad - for "research" (have I mentioned this is a Compile Heart game?), her Fairy partner Bahus, who is a big, bulky, yet softhearted man, who acts like a mother towards Harley and is an expert cook (you can imagine Fang's reaction to him), and a weird creature known as Pippin, who fancies himself a veteran warrior and loves to tell stories that last for hours on end. Mercifully, his rants take place off-screen. His Fairy partner is a butler-like gentleman called Souji, who looks remarkably human compared to his Fencer. Cue "Souji is actually the Fencer and Pippin the Fairy" jokes. There are other playable characters, but I won't spoil who they are for... reasons. It should be enough to mention that this is one of the few games where I don't dislike anyone of the playable cast. This is helped by the fantastic voice acting. Though not every line is voiced in the English dub, the actors do a fantastic job of bringing the characters to life.

Gameplay
What can I say? This is a Neptunia game. Seriously. If you have played any of the Re;Birth games or Megadimension Neptunia VII, the gameplay will feel familiar to an almost uncanny degree. Combat in particular: You can freely move around on the battlefield, attacks have different ranges, you can string combos together like an action RPG in a turn-based system. There is a timeline shown at the left side of the screen where you can see which character is up next. Characters can transform in battle to get a power boost, like the CPU characters could in Neptunia. The only difference is that you can't transform willy-nilly, as you have to first fill up a character's Tension Gauge. You can only use "Fairize" (as the transformation process is called) when it is filled to a certain degree (it'll change color from purple to blue when you can transform).
Overall, the combat is fun. I've said once before that the combat system in the Neptunia games is my favorite in any turn-based RPG I've played, so it's no surprise I was going to like it here. However, there are some problems present: for one, your normal attacks can only ever hit one enemy at a time, instead of multiple at once if you're smart about positioning your character like in Neptunia, meaning if you rely on your normal combos to finish battles to save SP (which you need to use skills and magic), you'll be hammering down one enemy at a time, which can get tedious at times, particularly when the enemies decide to be damage sponges par excellence. Another thing is that at several points, this game made me feel like I was playing Fire Emblem 6 with nothing but Fighters with how often I saw the word "Miss" pop up.
One thing this game has over Neptunia is that you can have up to six (!!!) characters in combat at once, which is about as awesome as it sounds.

Exploration is handled in a similar manner to Neptunia as well. You can select which dungeon you want to go to from an admittedly beautiful world map. Inside those dungeons, you can jump and destroy objects to find items. There is even a hidden treasure system like in Megadimension Neptunia VII (though here, it is thankfully easier, as all it takes is acquire a skill and the player's ability to differentiate a question mark from two exclamation marks). You can gain an advantage over enemies by hitting them with your weapon to initiate combat, which is known as a "Symbol Attack". The Scout system from Megadimension Neptunia VII also makes a return, kind of. To explain how this works, I have to first get into another system this game has: the Godly Revival system. At one point, you'll be warped to a different dimension, where you see two statues with a lot of swords stuck in them. These are the Goddess and the Vile God. The swords represent parts of the seal that binds them and your job is to pull them out using the Furies you acquire throughout your journey, either through the main story or sidequests. These Furies will then gain different World Shaping abilities, which you can use to change the properties of any given dungeon, for example one ability gives you a bonus to Physical Attack, while decreasing your Defense. There are others that increase EXP gain, money gain, damage output etc. Making good use of these is paramount and makes grinding a breeze. You can even use some of them to cheese boss battles if you're so inclined.

The game also introduces a new system called "Weapon Boost", which is a great idea... in concept. What it does is it allows you to customize your characters to a certain degree. Each battle gives a limited number of Weapon Points, which you can spend in the Weapon Boost menu to either boost your weapon's stats (even your defenses), learn new skills, magic or unlock new attacks for combos. This system exists in place of a traditional "buy better weapon to replace the old one" system and I honestly prefer it this way, as it enables me to spend money on healing items and armor.
My problem stems from the fact that you not only have to unlock new attacks for your combos, you have to unlock the ability to chain more attacks together as well. Instead of having 4 attacks from the get-go or the number of attacks tied to the weapon itself, this time, you have to spend Weapon Points to make your chain longer. And it takes... a while. Each battle gives very measly amounts of Weapon Points (2 to 3 a pop, with boss battles yielding more), but the amount needed to get a single additional combo slot after the first one is staggering, making it almost impossible to unlock the full chain by the end of the game, meaning you'll be relying on the SP-using skills and magic for your main damage output during boss battles.

Music
Amazing. What else is there to say? Each track fits the mood perfectly, the battle themes are great, the transformation themes are hype. While it all comes down to taste, of course, I personally found nothing wrong with the soundtrack. Though that is to be expected at this point, I guess. One of the people behind the soundtrack was Nobuo Uematsu. Yep. That one.

Technical stuff
I played the Switch version of the game. I don't know about the PS4 version, but the Switch version does have some... issues, sadly. I had the game crash on me twice, the framerate in handheld mode is... not great at times and sometimes, the battle menu wouldn't show up when it was a character's turn, meaning I had to restart the game. The latter only popped up twice, then never again. Which is pretty strange. If you want to play the game on Switch, I suggest sticking to TV Mode, because it's rather smooth sailing there.

Closing thoughts
Despite my issues, I still like the game a great deal. I'd say it's not as good as the Neptunia Re;Birth games - excluding Re;Birth 3, as Fairy Fencer f has much stronger writing overall, in my opinion - or Megadimension Neptunia VII, but I'll recommend it to any fan of JRPGs, really.

So what Ending did you get? Tiara or Eryn?

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

this game made me feel like I was playing Fire Emblem 6 with nothing but Fighters with how often I saw the word "Miss" pop up.

IIrc one of the Party members had a passive ability to increase the Hit rate for everyone. Helped alooooooooot.

particularly when the enemies decide to be damage sponges par excellence.

Spongey enemies die pretty easily once you 'break' them. You deal so much more damage to them here if they are broken.

It should be enough to mention that this is one of the few games where I don't dislike anyone of the playable cast.

Wait until Route 3

Glad to see you enjoyed it, though!

Now playing Star Control 1 Dos.

Pro

• The Turn Based Strategy format and starting resources make you need to play as every ship - I always had a problem in Star Control 2 since you only got the alliance ships, and even of them, you would play 70% of story with the one's recruited nearest earth (earthling, spathi, pfunk > arilou, orz) It didn't help that the AI was most easily kitable by 3 of these ships. When you finally added in later ships, their was barely any combat left, and things like the utwig jugger and chmrr avvatar are basically "sa matra only". I really love the combat physics of star control 2 in super melee, but I think the way it's represented during the story really sells it short.
  • The Stronger gravity makes me play a few ships differently

Con

• The Hard Ai's input reading - like in SC2, their raw decision making let's you weather them down, but the "crackerkjack aim"  returns, and then there's the special case of the arilou and their "if bullet is approaching me in 1 frame I immediately teleport"  The reaction time is terrifying - and they are only killable because the transition between the 1/16 and 1/8 angles causes  "weird movement" which they technically don't include- but as far I'm concerned they're the most terrifiyng enemy in any space-genre game.
  • The broken sound effects - If Umgah or Ilwrath kill something (and very rarely Chmmr) then you have to put up a minimum of 7 seconds of audio clipping (and it can go MUCH longer)
  • The sound effects aren't punchy - a lot of iconic sounds like the Spahi' B.U.T.T. missles just don't come across - the one positive is that the victory jingles ARE pretty close to sc2 though.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

So what Ending did you get? Tiara or Eryn?

iygFj7y.jpg

Made the most sense, narratively.

Besides, if Route 2 doesn't have an ending for Tiara, I can still get Eryn's there, so it's all good.

IIrc one of the Party members had a passive ability to increase the Hit rate for everyone. Helped alooooooooot.

Yup. Fang had it and it did help a lot towards the end.

Spongey enemies die pretty easily once you 'break' them. You deal so much more damage to them here if they are broken.

Yup. They also don't do as much damage back anymore. Glad they kept this in MegaNep VII, because it's a fun idea (the original Fairy Fencer f came out before MegaNep VII did. ADF is a remaster, I've learned).

Wait until Route 3

Or if Sherman permanently joins the party.

Glad to see you enjoyed it, though!

Yup, very much so. I'll definitely play the other routes, too. The game's not that long, surprisingly, so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

56 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Made the most sense, narratively.

yup

especially when in Eryn ending

Spoiler

She comes back to life with the only explanation being that she wanted to be with fang. The route also heavily pushed Tiara much much more

58 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yup, very much so. I'll definitely play the other routes, too. The game's not that long, surprisingly, so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Just carry everything over and you should be at route intersection in the less than 2 hours. 1 Hour could be enough even

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yup

especially when in Eryn ending

Reveal hidden contents

She comes back to life with the only explanation being that she wanted to be with fang. The route also heavily pushed Tiara much much more

When that scene happened, I was legit like "how exactly is she supposed to have an ending again?" So that's how they did it.
Glad I picked Tiara instead.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Just carry everything over and you should be at route intersection in the less than 2 hours. 1 Hour could be enough even

That is good to know. Anything else I need to watch out for on Route 2?

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That is good to know. Anything else I need to watch out for on Route 2?

Just make sure to get 8+ Evil furies (less than 16 though!) before the desert and you should be golden.

And oh, enjoy the ride....

Route 2 is chaotic. Not in a serious way, but in a ''lol wtf is happening'' way.

Edited by Shrimperor

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

the battle menu wouldn't show up when it was a character's turn, meaning I had to restart the game.

Oh that's very similar to an issue i had with the Neptunia ReBirth games where sometimes the enemy would just not do anything during their turn and i was softlocked as a result. Happened rarely but it still happened.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Just make sure to get 8+ Evil furies (less than 16 though!) before the desert and you should be golden.

And oh, enjoy the ride....

Route 2 is chaotic. Not in a serious way, but in a ''lol wtf is happening'' way.

Got it. Thank you!

That's my favorite kind of chaotic. XD

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh that's very similar to an issue i had with the Neptunia ReBirth games where sometimes the enemy would just not do anything during their turn and i was softlocked as a result. Happened rarely but it still happened.

I never ran into that problem myself in the Re;Birth games, so this is the first time I've heard about it. Perhaps it's because I played the Vita version?

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I never ran into that problem myself in the Re;Birth games, so this is the first time I've heard about it. Perhaps it's because I played the Vita version?

Perhaps. I played them on PC and i could never fullscreen because if i did, it'd be a pain to exit the game if i ever got softlocked. This thankfully didn't happen in Megadimension or any of the spin-offs.