Soooooo what'cha playing?

32 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Going through Xenoblade Chronicles again, just for the great storyline. Every cutscene feels so tense and mysterious in the beginning of the game. Just got to see Xord for the first time. Xenoblade 2 is next, but i'm unsure whether or not I want to delete my save with (almost) all the Blades, and stuff. The grinding was rough, and I hate that you can't have multiple saves like Xenoblade Chronicles.

If you aren't looking to copy your save, try making a second user profile on your Switch.

I made a Link-avi'ed one as my default, and then made a second one with the Meta Knight avi, with which I was able to make a second Breath of the Wild save file. This way, I was able to play BotW anew and still have my first file where I can fight CG without the DBs conquered. The only issue is I can't save pictures to the SD card with my second profile for some reason (which is why I haven't finished this second run), but that won't matter for XC2.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you aren't looking to copy your save, try making a second user profile on your Switch.

I made a Link-avi'ed one as my default, and then made a second one with the Meta Knight avi, with which I was able to make a second Breath of the Wild save file. This way, I was able to play BotW anew and still have my first file where I can fight CG without the DBs conquered. The only issue is I can't save pictures to the SD card with my second profile for some reason (which is why I haven't finished this second run), but that won't matter for XC2.

That's interesting, although it's strange that you have to jump through so many hoops to make another file. I'll have to give this a try!

Ive been on EO craze since Nexus release

V: starting my 4th PT, revamped my 4th PT squad since it doesnt get online well enough in early game, and partly my distatse to Pugilist early performance.... only for me to use Dragoon so go me

2U: finished main game with my first run. Im going to finish the sidequest, tackle the calamity and then proceed to postgame next, but tackling story mode with a semi fresh savefile is one of the things im putting on my backlog. There is so much discussion centered around the main character that i'd love to experience myself really

Nexus: 2nd run but i played the mainfile for experimental bossfights A LOT. Currently 2nd run is on the bonus boss, but i lost my ideas in the middle with how i want to set up the team so i left the game there. Simply put, i feel Nexus is still an amazing game, what i love about the game is what almost everyone hates about the game, but theres a certain aspect about the game i didn't quite enjoyed. Just like V, i'd try to do 1 "Magnum Opus" run for this game in the future to play around my favorite classes for a single run based around me knowing beforehand what i want to do and pull it off

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

For whatever reason, Compa keeps dying on me, especially when fighting tough enemies and bosses.

Another problem with Compa is that her damage output is very weak. I think she got buffed in the later games (definitely Megadimension) but as far as ReBirth 1 goes, her role is healing and that is pretty much it. But like, she gets outclassed in every game anyway. 

28 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup. Up until you hit late midgame they are pretty much broken (as Neptune Break description say, it breaks the game)

This is the same for pretty much every game, except for ReBirth 3, where SP and EXE Gauge are merged into one. Even then, their still pretty powerful, it's just that sometimes it's more efficient to not use EXE Skills.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think she got buffed in the later games (definitely Megadimension)

The buff she got in MegaNep was Huuuuuuuuuuuge. Pretty good STR and INT stats and Good Skills all around.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

except for ReBirth 3, where SP and EXE Gauge are merged into one.

There's also the fact that in RB3 most Exe drives requires Plans that you get when you use 100 Skills with that character irrc.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There's also the fact that in RB3 most Exe drives requires Plans that you get when you use 100 Skills with that character irrc.

Ah, so that's why the only characters that even had EXE Drives in ReBirth 3 where the ones i actually used. 

Rebirth 3 has too many characters if you get all the DLC. There's the main cast, the ones that join in post game and the DLC characters. There's like 40 in total. Thankfully, most of them get events even if you don't use them and said events are pretty entertaining.

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah, so that's why the only characters that even had EXE Drives in ReBirth 3 where the ones i actually used. 

As someone who kept switching between Characters every Chapter, i only was able to unlock like 5-6 Exe drives :xd

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

if you get all the DLC.

Steam's version automatically comes with all DLC^^

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Steam's version automatically comes with all DLC^^

Oh i know, i was more refering to activating it.

Speaking of DLC, ReBirth 1 recently got Uzume DLC. Maybe i should get that.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup. Up until you hit late midgame they are pretty much broken (as Neptune Break description say, it breaks the game)

Soon, you will get a character that also has pretty good healing skills. Compa only learns the best healing skills pretty late anyway (around lvl50 iirc)

Also, Items are more efficient tbh.

depens on weapon 😉

Other characters may get weapons that allows them that, as well.

I actually laughed at that description.

I hope so, since Compa is falling off a little. Though she did just learn a group heal that heals for 50% maximum HP, which seems good. She also didn't die during the last two bosses.

Figures, I recently unlocked one that heals 2,500HP in one go. I just need an A.O.E. healing item before I feel comfortable in not having Compa or any other healer that might show up in my party.

I just now found a weapon for Neptune that does allow wider range. Going from Katana to Claymore is an odd change, but I like it, especially since her attack range carries over into her HDD form, too. In addition, little Nep-Nep swinging around a greatsword that is almost twice her size with little to no effort is just hilarious.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Another problem with Compa is that her damage output is very weak. I think she got buffed in the later games (definitely Megadimension) but as far as ReBirth 1 goes, her role is healing and that is pretty much it. But like, she gets outclassed in every game anyway.

I almost exclusively use her for healing, too. During the climax of Chapter 2, she did zero damage to the two bosses there, while Neptune and especially Noire utterly slaughtered them.

Another question I have is about the game discs you can equip to your characters: how exactly do they work? I know the basics of it, I did equip Neptune, Compa, and Noire with some, but I feel like I'm not using them efficiently. Also, is there any way to get the skill Ignore Enemy Traits on Neptune? I've noticed some enemies have started to become resistant to physical attacks, meaning her damage output isn't at its best, and I think that skill would help mitigating that somewhat.

41 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

little Nep-Nep swinging around a greatsword that is almost twice her size with little to no effort is just hilarious.

Best girl Nep-Nep strong!

how exactly do they work?

You install those chips into Discs and then let a character equip them to get the Traits. Useful ones mostly appear later in the game

Also, is there any way to get the skill Ignore Enemy Traits on Neptune?

If you find the chip that has that skill. However i don't know if it will help against tanky enemies since those most likely have high Def and not a Trait.

If i have to guess, you are talking about Robots. They are pretty weak to magic and to one or more of the Elements (don't remember exactly which xD). Also, use Nepko's STR Buff when needed.

Edited by Shrimperor

Another question I have is about the game discs you can equip to your characters: how exactly do they work? I know the basics of it, I did equip Neptune, Compa, and Noire with some, but I feel like I'm not using them efficiently. 

Tbh, you probably are using them effciently. Discs aren't that important aside from ReBirth 2, where having one with the Lily Gain+5 trait makes Lily Rank grinding much faster and you need to have Nepgear's Lily Rank with everyone who joins normally (or just the CPUs and CPU Canidates, i don't remember) up to 8 as one of the requirements for the true end.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

and you need to have Nepgear's Lily Rank with everyone who joins normally (or just the CPUs and CPU Canidates, i don't remember) up to 8 as one of the requirements for the true end.

it's Lily Rank 4 actually

But yes, one of the reasons RB2 is my least fav. Neps

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

it's Lily Rank 4 actually

Right right, i confused it for the Holy Sword Ending (which is basically just an alternate true end). That's the one where you have to get Nepgear's Lily Rank to Lv.8 with everyone.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

But yes, one of the reasons RB2 is my least fav. Neps

I think it's my least favorite of the mainline series too. I like it a lot, it's just not as funny as the rest of the series (relatively, it's still pretty humorous), even if Nepgear is top-tier waifu. 

Still has better true end requirements than Megadimension though. To get Megadimension's true ending, you will either accidentally stumble across it or you use a guide to get all the requirements, which is what i did.

If i had to rank mainline series, it'd be: Megadimension >> ReBirth 3 > ReBirth 1 > ReBirth 2.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To get Megadimension's true ending, you will either accidentally stumble across it or you use a guide to get all the requirements, which is what i did.

Imo, Megadimension's true ending requirements weren't bad at all. I found it pretty easy. After all, getting high shares has been something you do in all games, so it was pretty intuitive get the needed shares in Part 2.

And as someone who detests grinding, RB2's requirement was the worst.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If i had to rank mainline series, it'd be: Megadimension >> ReBirth 3 > ReBirth 1 > ReBirth 2.

MegaNep > RB1 >> RB3 >>> RB2 here^^

33 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Imo, Megadimension's true ending requirements weren't bad at all. I found it pretty easy. After all, getting high shares has been something you do in all games, so it was pretty intuitive get the needed shares in Part 2.

It was less about the Shares and more of the fact that in Neptune's portion of Part 2, you have to do several quests that don't give the sense that they are important. Shares were a given, though there was no actual % number, you just had to go off of how much the gauge was filled.

Also Shares weren't a requirement in ReBirth 3. In that game, it was just getting every event and then making specific dungeons off of Plans and watching the events in those.

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tbf, they were by Histoire and the game tells you that Histoire will be angry if you don't do them.

Yeah but when isn't Histoire angry?

Anyway, i've reached the final chapter of Atelier Rorona. At this point, the game has completely won me over and i look forward to playing the rest, especially because, despite playing completely differently, is actually filling the Rune Factory void in my heart (at least until RF4S and RF5 come out). I'll write out more in-depth thoughts when i'm done.

(Hope this isn't a double post)

So i finished Atelier Rorona DX. It's a very cute and charming game. Alchemy was pretty fun and so was the combat, despite that not being the focus. It's also a very different kind of JRPG. There's no world saving quest or life-changing journey here. This one's a lot more slice-of-life. The main goal of the game is to stop your workshop from being closed down and you have three in-game years to do so. Yes there is time-management. Yes, i fucked up once and had to start from the beginning.

The main story is pretty short but there's a post-game, multiple endings and multiple events that you can't get all in one playthrough so there's quite a bit of replay value.Worst part of the game is the dungeon design. Very basic and linear. I know Atelier is mostly a yearly series but c'mon. Music was fine but nothing to write home about. The best part of this game is the characters. It being a slice-of-life, the characters in the game did bring a smile to my face.

And i've said this before but i'll say it again: despite playing completely differently, this game feels so much like Rune Factory that it actually fills the Rune Factory void in my heart, at least until RF4S comes out. I haven't decided if this is a 7/10 or 8/10 game but it's in that range. But this game has convinced me to try out other games in the series. And now, it's time for My Neighbor Totori.

I started Cadence of Hyrule. It's quite interesting, but I am definitely quite poor at rhythm-based games. I could swear I'm right on the beat, but then it says I missed it.

I just downloaded Hollow Knight last night and am about to start playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.  I know it's an older game, but I've learned my lesson on Playstation at this point (I never play it).  If I want to get any significant play time out of a game, I need to have it on the Switch.  This way when I'm tired from work I can lay in bed and play all I want!  

I'm hoping Hollow Knight is going to be as good as I expect and that it will hold me over until Three Houses next month. 

21 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but when isn't Histoire angry?

Fair point. Fair point.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The main goal of the game is to stop your workshop from being closed down and you have three in-game years to do so.

Is it like Recettear where you have to find items in dungeons and sell them so you don't fall in debt?

I've been interested in Atelier for a while (especially since youtube keeps recommending me it's awesome music), but the item crafting part is kinda scaring me off.

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Is it like Recettear where you have to find items in dungeons and sell them so you don't fall in debt?

Never heard of Recettear but yes, sometimes you have to find items in dungeons but you don't sell them. Basically, in Atelier Rorona, the kingdom will give you assignments. Each assignment is due every three months, for three years. Most of the assignments involve crafting certain items. Sometimes it's specific, sometimes it's just make whatever of a certain category. Two of the assignments are just simple item collecting and monster hunting. The last assignment is turn in your best possible crafted item (easier than it sounds).

It's time-management so item crafting and going dungeons uses up days. It sounds intimidating but the assignments are near-impossible to fail (i say as i fuck up one of them and was forced to restart the game). Most of the assignments can be completed in like one in-game week. If it does intimidate you, you can always save at the start of each assignment and reload in case you fuck up (which i didn't do). You can also sometimes cheat and just buy what you need to turn in from the shops, which is a totally viable strategy. As long as you don't just mindlessly waste days, you should be fine.

Eventually, you get a workshop partner that will automatically gather and craft whatever you tell it to so they can do one thing and you can focus on another. Honestly, the item crafting itself the easiest part of the game. You're limited at first but as you get more recipes (usually bought) and explore more dungeons, getting you new materials, your options expand.

Most of what i talked about here specifically applies to Rorona but stuff like the general item crafting mechanics and the time-management apply to the rest of the series.

From what i've read, the three best Atelier games to start with are Ayesha, Sophie and Rorona (specifically, the Plus or DX version, the latter of which is the one i played). Atelier Sophie is one of the two Atelier games that doesn't have a time-limit, the other being Lulua but Lulua takes place after the Arland trilogy so i didn't start with that out of not wanting to miss context.

Edited by Armagon

On 6/12/2019 at 10:48 PM, Shrimperor said:

Best girl Nep-Nep strong!

You install those chips into Discs and then let a character equip them to get the Traits. Useful ones mostly appear later in the game

If you find the chip that has that skill. However i don't know if it will help against tanky enemies since those most likely have high Def and not a Trait.

If i have to guess, you are talking about Robots. They are pretty weak to magic and to one or more of the Elements (don't remember exactly which xD). Also, use Nepko's STR Buff when needed.

Figured it was something like that. Though I did find some useful ones for early on, like some that increase EXP gain, though I guess you could also just have IF support someone so they can gain more EXP.

Funny thing is, so far, I like Neptune the best out of all the CPU's, too. Though I haven't really seen the CPU of Lowee yet (except for the intro cutscene, of course), so my thoughts might change. Though they probably won't, because Nep-Nep is great.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:10 AM, Armagon said:

Tbh, you probably are using them effciently. Discs aren't that important aside from ReBirth 2, where having one with the Lily Gain+5 trait makes Lily Rank grinding much faster and you need to have Nepgear's Lily Rank with everyone who joins normally (or just the CPUs and CPU Canidates, i don't remember) up to 8 as one of the requirements for the true end.

Ah, gotcha. I'll stop worrying too much, then.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

(Hope this isn't a double post)

So i finished Atelier Rorona DX. It's a very cute and charming game. Alchemy was pretty fun and so was the combat, despite that not being the focus. It's also a very different kind of JRPG. There's no world saving quest or life-changing journey here. This one's a lot more slice-of-life. The main goal of the game is to stop your workshop from being closed down and you have three in-game years to do so. Yes there is time-management. Yes, i fucked up once and had to start from the beginning.

The main story is pretty short but there's a post-game, multiple endings and multiple events that you can't get all in one playthrough so there's quite a bit of replay value.Worst part of the game is the dungeon design. Very basic and linear. I know Atelier is mostly a yearly series but c'mon. Music was fine but nothing to write home about. The best part of this game is the characters. It being a slice-of-life, the characters in the game did bring a smile to my face.

And i've said this before but i'll say it again: despite playing completely differently, this game feels so much like Rune Factory that it actually fills the Rune Factory void in my heart, at least until RF4S comes out. I haven't decided if this is a 7/10 or 8/10 game but it's in that range. But this game has convinced me to try out other games in the series. And now, it's time for My Neighbor Totori.

Glad you liked it! Your thoughts actually made me want to get the game, as well.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

From what i've read, the three best Atelier games to start with are Ayesha, Sophie and Rorona (specifically, the Plus or DX version, the latter of which is the one i played). Atelier Sophie is one of the two Atelier games that doesn't have a time-limit, the other being Lulua but Lulua takes place after the Arland trilogy so i didn't start with that out of not wanting to miss context.

I'll second this. My introduction was Atelier Sophie and I believe that one is one of the most beginner friendly ones. Lulua is, too, but I guess you'd lose out on some context if you haven't played the rest of the Arland games. That didn't stop me from enjoying the game, and liking the reappearing characters from the other games, however.
Though this is coming from someone who hasn't played any Atelier games besides these two (though I AM planning on it).

On the topic of Neptunia, I recruited Vert/Green Heart earlier. She's hilarious. A princess-like character that is actually a giant otaku, but still really friendly all the time... no wonder she an Neptune get along just fine. On that note, I feel like I'm overleveled: Vert joined at level 24, when Neptune, IF and Compa were at level 35 when I reached XBox Leanbox.

@Shrimperor@Armagon Thank you for your tips and explanations so far. I hope my (probably) dumb questions don't annoy you.

On that note, I feel like I'm overleveled: Vert joined at level 24, when Neptune, IF and Compa were at level 35 when I reached XBox Leanbox.

Perhaps. I remember my playthrough, Vert was the highest leveled one in the party when she joined, and this happened with Blanc too. This happened to me in the other games too.

Funny thing is, so far, I like Neptune the best out of all the CPU's, too. Though I haven't really seen the CPU of Lowee yet (except for the intro cutscene, of course), so my thoughts might change. Though they probably won't, because Nep-Nep is great.

Nep-Nep is a favorite for a lot of people. I believe she even ranked the highest out everyone in some official poll in Japan. I personally like Noire a bit more but a lot of characters in this series are best girl-tier so actually ranking them is hard.

Thank you for your tips and explanations so far. I hope my (probably) dumb questions don't annoy you.

Don't worry about it. I'm glad to help.

15 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

Since I enjoyed FC I do not expect less from SC. 

SC is better than FC in most aspects. It did start a thing i'm not too fond of in that the villains become very hit-or-miss. As good as the writing in the series is, it's villains are definitely it's weakest part. Some are great, others are not.

Anyway, i got the Adventure's License in Atelier Totori so now the real game begins. Like Rorona, time-management is a thing but they amped it up here in that everything on you do on the field takes time. Gathering materials? Time passes. Battling monsters? Time passes. Days don't pass immideatly but going to like three or four gathering spots will cause the day to move forward. In Rorona, time on the field only passed after getting to the end of each section of a dungeon. So i guess the time-limit is a bit harder here but i hear getting Diamond Rank (required to not get the bad ending) is super easy.