Fodlan's class system expands the lore outside the continent

If Fodlan's class system applies to other continents, this would explain why the lords (and a few villains) of their game deviate from the rest of the population.

The generic units would have standard training. As for the nobles who have generic classes, they trained with the rest of their people.

The units with unique classes are set apart from the rest of the people in their training.

Interestingly, this will give insight to the strengths and weaknesses of the lords.

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

If Fodlan's class system applies to other continents, this would explain why the lords (and a few villains) of their game deviate from the rest of the population.

Awakening established that all the other FE worlds exist in different Outrealms, so how and why would something that applies in the Fodlan Outrealm have to apply to the others?

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

The units with unique classes are set apart from the rest of the people in their training.

Except Micaiah has a unique class and yet is essentially the same as Laura, Rhys and Oliver, just with higher stat caps.

10 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Except Micaiah has a unique class and yet is essentially the same as Laura, Rhys and Oliver, just with higher stat caps.

Yeah, you're right. But also notice that she starts with light magic instead of a staff, hinting that it's her strength.

8 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Awakening established that all the other FE worlds exist in different Outrealms, so how and why would something that applies in the Fodlan Outrealm have to apply to the others?

I'm pretty sure Jayvee94 is talking exclusively about 3H's continents and lords, not other games.

That said, I'm not sure how the way one continent runs what is probably its most important school expands on the lore for outside the continent.

1 minute ago, Maimishou said:

That said, I'm not sure how the way one continent runs what is probably its most important school expands on the lore for outside the continent.

I guess I wasn't clear enough. I was thinking of a scenario in why exactly the lords are in a unique class from other generic class by using Fodlan's class system as an explanation.