School Features and Spectulation

I noticed there's not really a topic for discussing the Persona-like features in the game, like the tutoring students system, strolling around the monastery, and stuff we don't really know about yet - like the Forging mechanic, will it be like Echoes forging, Fates forging or other types of forging we've seen in the past, or something different again.

While I know others have their doubts and worries, I’m really excited for the monastery! I love games that give you a hub to run around in, Dragon Age Inquisition comes to mind.

I'm hoping they provide plenty of choices for what to do with your strolling energy. I hope there is a lot to explore!

All the monastery stuff sounds so cool, but also a little overwhelming at the moment. I really want to see footage of these features in action or have a demo, so I can mess around and learn them myself.

Just seeing the wall of text describing everything is a little daunting, but still really exciting.

Edited by Lord_Grima

10 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

All the monastery stuff sounds so cool, but also a little overwhelming at the moment. I really want to see footage of these features in action or have a demo, so I can mess around and learn them myself.

Just seeing the wall of text describing everything is a little daunting, but still really exciting.

Given the time of the game's release in relation to E3 I could totally see the E3 demo be that and then after we get the demo on the eShop as a preview for the game as it'll only be a month away at this point.

I am certainly interested in all different facilities the school is going to have.

Like that arena  thing from feb direct, where Ferdinand and Sylavin had a sparing match, will you be able to bet on student fights? And win rewards? 

Byleth: "5000 gold on purple haired Shut in!"

Bernadetta: "Wha-what!?

Byleth: "Come on girl make youre daddy rich! Eviscerate that pink-haired bimbo!"

Hilda: "Ah i am not a fighter but.......I WONT MIND GETING SOME SPARE CASH TO SPEND ON THEM SHINNY THINGS!  GET READY BI**H!!"

Bernadetta: "AHHHHHHHHH No no Danger!!!"

3 hours ago, User name said:

I am certainly interested in all different facilities the school is going to have.

Like that arena  thing from feb direct, where Ferdinand and Sylavin had a sparing match, will you be able to bet on student fights? And win rewards? 

I didn't even think of Byleth literally betting on his students to fight each other that's something.

Notice that the sparring match between Ferdinand and Sylvain takes place in the same courtyard that Dimitri spars with Dedue and Felix in the animated cutscene, which is some nice continuity as this is likely the designated sparring courtyard. Thought that was pretty cool.

Apart from the Arena; we have the 'Doctor's Office' run by Manuela which is probably just there to be where you go speak to her as I have no clue why you'd need to go there. The place where you go and buy Battalions won't be that interesting as it's just a shop I'd wager. Same with the armoury and item shop(Idk if they'll be split like older games or mashed into the same building - which I could see Anna running). The forge is intriguing to me, as "forging" stones could totally be the game's equivalent to SoV's marks, but there's no indication on the weapons we've seen so far that they can be strengthened(which was shown by small gold stars in SoV), but if that isn't here I hope at least the evolution mechanic returns, giving way for unique weapons that aren't the game's legendary weapons but still pretty strong.

as the persona fan im, im honestly exited!

everything looks so interesting, with lots of stuff to do, like tutoring and interacting with people. i love when games lemme do stuff outside of story obligations, considering that these are more than generic side missions  

my biggest worry is how IS made all of these. its way different from normal FE, so im skeptical that they werent able to balance it well

Edited by Naga

On 5/26/2019 at 6:56 AM, Lord_Grima said:

Spend a little time with the game and I imagine it'll feel fine. :)

I remember feeling overwhelmed with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 before it released since there was so much information yet it felt easy once I began playing it.

From the calendar it appears you can either teach; stroll; shop or venture. Teach will be changing your students goals, levelling their professor levels or partaking in group tasks to strengthen supports and level professor levels as well as earn rewards. Stroll will be your go round the monastery and talk to students most likely for leisure. Shop will be shopping for equipment and items sure but will the guild where you buy Battalions be here or under the stroll option, as it looks like you walked to wherever the guild is located. Venture will most likely be grinding and actually battling like classic Fire Emblem. I wonder if you're only allowed to do one task every day or you are locked to doing certain tasks some days, this system is really intriguing me.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I wonder if you're only allowed to do one task every day or you are locked to doing certain tasks some days, this system is really intriguing me.

The last article mentioned a "Professor Level" or something for Byleth that allows you to do more things each day as it increases throughout the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that forging is more like PoR/RD and less like Fates; a unique item to fill the space of coins giving weapons unique effects(maybe even combat arts) would be welcome.

7 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I hope that forging is more like PoR/RD and less like Fates; a unique item to fill the space of coins giving weapons unique effects(maybe even combat arts) would be welcome.

As far as we know, we need Forging Stones this time. But yeah, an updated of the Tellius forging mechanic would be cool, I kinda miss giving forged stuff a unic color