Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds is coming! (June 3rd)

Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support

• Pent: Fancy Fiancé
    • Sigurd: Holy Knight
    • Bartre: Fearless Warrior
    • Quan: Luminous Lancer
    • Louise: Eternal Devotion
    • Deirdre: Lady of the Forest
    • Karla: Sword Vassal
    • Ethlyn: Spirited Princess

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/2019 at 02:59 AM

25 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I don't know why they wouldn't consider it canon considering FE5 outright ends by Leif proposing to Nanna and marrying her after the war ends

Because the option of that not happening exists. 

See what I mean? DEBATABLE. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You do realize most FE games canonically end with everyone alive right?

To some people, that’s debatable. 

And why do you keep bringing this up as if I’m disagreeing with you? I’ve made my own position on this quite clear. 

Fucking Bartre and Karla over Groom Marth and Bride Caeda? Seriously? When is IS going to stop screwing over the original FE couple? They're not allowed to have a BHB, now they can't even be in a couples gauntlet together either?

They didn't even bother putting Bartre on the gauntlet banner. Not to mention these two are a rather unknown couple due to Karla being Hector mode only in FE7 and I think she has some weird requirements to even be recruited as well. I know I'd never heard of her or her pairing with Bartre for the longest time.

Everyone knows Marth and Caeda and Caeda has her bride banner going on while Groom Marth is a grails unit.

I'm joining Team Sigurd, and I want Deirdre to be my backup, but of course, they're both against Pent and Louise. Already lost.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Bartre and Karla over Groom Marth and Bride Caeda? Seriously?

To be fair, Marth and Caeda aren't guaranteed to marry. That only happens if Caeda lives (I think.) Bartre and Karla get married no matter what a la FE6. Personally, I think IS got this right.

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

To be fair, Marth and Caeda aren't guaranteed to marry. That only happens if Caeda lives (I think.) Bartre and Karla get married no matter what a la FE6. Personally, I think IS got this right.

Yeah. Caeda can die in Shadow Dragon, and the story will continue.

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

They're still completely canon and IS even seems to consider them so with their Bride and Groom versions. Chrom and his family can't be directly descended from Marth's line without Marth having kids and that means he and Caeda are married. And we know they're from Marth's line because of the Falchion and all.

I'm sorry, but I do not think they got this right.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

They're still completely canon and IS even seems to consider them so with their Bride and Groom versions. Chrom and his family can't be directly descended from Marth's line without Marth having kids and that means he and Caeda are married. And we know they're from Marth's line because of the Falchion and all.

Regarding Chrom and co. all it means is that Marth had kids, not that Caeda was also an ancestor. Also, the bride and groom outfits are not the characters getting married. They're costumes, just like the bunny or Halloween costumes. And finally, Marth and Caeda are more of a boyfriend/girlfriend-type or "interested"-type couple overall, as the player interacts with them in their home games and in Heroes, not a more seasoned married couple, which is the theme of the gauntlet this time: seasoned couples. For a "love interest" VG? Sure; they'd make a great pair in that. Married (as in, not "will be married" or "can be married" but "already married") couples? Nope.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Just because Chrom and his family exist, it's not a prove that Marth and Caeda got married. In Awakening, if Chrom doesn't get a ally support with any female character, he will marry a  generic woman. Marth can do the same.

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Regarding Chrom and co. all it means is that Marth had kids, not that Caeda was also an ancestor. Also, the bride and groom outfits are not the characters getting married. They're costumes, just like the bunny or Halloween costumes. And finally, Marth and Caeda are more of a boyfriend/girlfriend-type or "interested"-type couple overall, as the player interacts with them in their home games and in Heroes, not a more seasoned married couple, which is the theme of the gauntlet this time: seasoned couples. For a "love interest" VG? Sure; they'd make a great pair in that. Married (as in, not "will be married" or "can be married" but "already married") couples? Nope.

That's right! They are a great not married couples.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I didn't say those outfits were actually the characters getting married, I know very well that they aren't, I'm not stupid. But the fact that they are in those costumes still references their marriage. Marth and Caeda are still in love, they still get married at the end of their game, and they have descendants, that means they're 100% married and that any scenario where Caeda dies never actually happened in lore. All I'm saying. They would've fit just fine in this gauntlet.

Sigh...

Hey @Mercakete, it's not worthy of our time this discussion. Let it go...

Anyway, I am going with Team Louise. Not a huge fan of the character, but I really like the unit. Or maybe I will join Team Feather.

Edit: The Poll was added to the Topic.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Happy about this one. xD I could cheer for all.
I go with Deirdre of course. Merged her up and will see how it unfolds. After that I may go to Bartre or Karla depending on who is left. 

Welp, Karla makes it a 4-character banner. I want Quan, but I don't like this rate. Maybe he'll get another rerun with better odds sometime.

Heh, I thought it was worth addressing at least, but it's not like I'm here to fight. Fact is that Marth and Caeda are intended to get married, but I don't think there's anything clearly stating that, regardless of how the player does things, the two do in the world canon. Getting the facts straight is important, but I digress. We're all Serens Forest-ers; no need to fight where it's avoidable. In that, I agree with you, @Diovani Bressan. But I don't think Anacybele is being a jerk about it or anything. She just has strong opinions that govern her perception, at least according to my observation.

As for who I'm voting for, I don't know. Got Quan when pulling for Fallen Berkut, got Karla as my free pull. Never played FE6, and I never really connected with Pent or Louise. I like Sigurd, I suppose. Quan and Ethlyn's tragic story is nice (though I do question Ethlyn's decision-making abilities, bringing a baby into a war zone and refusing to send her back home.) Likewise with Diedre and Sigurd's story (the tragic element is nice, and the stuff about having to deal with two legitimate families would've been interesting, though I wish Diedre was more of a character and less of a plot device. FE4 should get an Echoes game so they can flesh out the characters more.) Hmm guess it's between Quan and Sigurd. Think I'll go with Quan, in that case. As much as I like Sigurd, I just love Quan's story (even though he blocked me from Berkut. I got Berkut in the end, at least.)

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. Caeda can die in Shadow Dragon, and the story will continue.

That is technically true, but it would essencially create a different timeline where Marth became depressed and was unable to properly run the Empire or something

So IS went out of their way to make sure all the pairings chosen not only were canon, but impossible in any capacity for the player to mess up... which it's the thing that applies with Leif/Nanna, Marth/Shiida, Boey/Mae, Clive/Mathilda (change ending through death of the non-main characters of the pair) and Micaiah/Sothe (changing ending through going out of your way to remove their base A support, that is prove enough of the intent to be canon).

The only other pair that I remember that can't be mess up and it's actually playable are Calill and Largo.

Edited by Troykv

Sigurd and Quan on a banner are nice, I do want them both.

Although I think I'll skip Siggy here, due to sharing a color with a girl who was made good for the wrong reasons, whilst me finding her mild in character- not problematic, but not compelling. It may be some time before he pops on a banner again, but I can wait.

That leaves the question of Quan, if I Grail an Ethlyn I can have 3/4ths of the Leonster family, waiting only for Altena to come with Adjective Gae Bolg and a bulky but slow Lance Flier statline (Altena does have a 60% Spd growth, but 65/55 Str/Def rival it; her Str/Spd/Def caps are 27/22/29; and Gae Bolg inflicts a massive 15 AS loss without any Spd boosts to counter it). But I'm hesitating on going for him in case the next NH banner is worthwhile. Having played most FEs now (and as of tonight, I'll be off in Fiana) is making holding back a little harder. 

I guess I'd side with Pent, even though I don't have him. I don't like VGs enough to think about scoring.

I think I would go with Louise. Karla would be my second choice. Ethlyn is next. And then finally Deirdre.