Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds is coming! (June 3rd)

Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support

• Pent: Fancy Fiancé
    • Sigurd: Holy Knight
    • Bartre: Fearless Warrior
    • Quan: Luminous Lancer
    • Louise: Eternal Devotion
    • Deirdre: Lady of the Forest
    • Karla: Sword Vassal
    • Ethlyn: Spirited Princess

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/2019 at 02:59 AM

1 hour ago, fiver said:

Quan but I hope Sigurd wins. He deserves it.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Sigurd deserves to win! I'm glad to see a lot of SF support for him. ?

Any unit in this VG "deserves" to win. Why Sigurd deserves more than the others?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Any unit in this VG "deserves" to win. Why Sigurd deserves more than the others?

...Because we like him the best/think he's the best character here? Why do you even have to ask this?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Because we like him the best/think he's the best character here? Why do you even have to ask this?

Mostly the choice of the word "deserves", which implies that there is some justification that qualifies the choice over the competition.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mostly the choice of the word "deserves", which implies that there is some justification that qualifies the choice over the competition.

For Ana, "deserves to win" means that she loves that character and dislike anyone else, so just because she loves that character, he "deserves" to win.

It's just like how Nino won the Children's Day VG, and Ana disagreed because "Yune deserved to win instead because she don't like Nino", even that Nino had more votes than Yune during all event.

But I asked just in case that they know something about Sigurd that I don't.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Didn't Sigurd get screwed over, like, twice? 

*goes to check*

Yup. First time, he was in the final round and lost to Tharja.

Second time, he lost in the 2nd round to Hardin.

I'm going with Sigurd as well, but mostly as penance for contributing to his loss to Tharja all that time ago. Nah just kidding, I do quite like me some Sigurd and FE4 in general.

@Etheus Sent you a request. I'm likewise currently leading with an axe flyer (though it is Haar instead).

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

No, he kinda didn't get screwed there in the sense that he clearly didn't have the bigger team. Aside from the first hour (where even then he barely outscored her), Tharja was almost constantly outgaining him.

Reference: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yYoZiVRy21D1o-KDGKYCGlb7GzEmy4w209-TZfp5tfc/htmlview#

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm going with Sigurd as well, but mostly as penance for contributing to his loss to Tharja all that time ago. Nah just kidding, I do quite like me some Sigurd and FE4 in general.

@Etheus Sent you a request. I'm likewise currently leading with an axe flyer (though it is Haar instead).

No, he kinda didn't get screwed there in the sense that he clearly didn't have the bigger team. Aside from the first hour (where even then he barely outscored her), Tharja was almost constantly outgaining him.

Reference: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yYoZiVRy21D1o-KDGKYCGlb7GzEmy4w209-TZfp5tfc/htmlview#

I do have some alternatives if that would be preferred. +5 Lukas, +7 Lon'qu, +10 ATiki with a reciprocal aid build, +10 Reinhardt, +10 Soren. I've got a lot of merge projects in the works.

Hmm, no idea yet whom to support. I have all of them except Pent. 

Bartre for the mustache, Sigurd because I gave him DC ages ago, Quan or Louise because they are new (for me), or Karla because I've never used her much? 

/Edit: surprised that there are no votes for Ethlyn yet. 

Edited by mampfoid

54 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Didn't Sigurd get screwed over, like, twice? 

*goes to check*

Second time, he lost in the 2nd round to Hardin.

Oh yeah, that's a good point too.

Sigurd is the best character out of them tbh and has lost 2 VG's, so it's his turn to win pretty much. But I like quan too, I figure he loses early so I'll go sigurd later

If sigurd loses a 3rd vg that just shows how shit his luck truly is, lmao

Well, I was right about Quan/Ethlyn, Bartre/Karla, and Pent/Louise, but not Marth/Caeda. Disappointment. I would have gone to Marth's team. Ah well, I think I'll go with either Sigurd, Pent, or Louise, not sure which yet. I like all three a lot, and I have all three at 5-star.

I'll probably side with Sigurd or Deirdre. Leaning Sigurd, but my Sigurd is -spd while my Deirdre has a better nature and sees more use. Hmm.

Eh, I think Sigurd would want me to vote for Deirdre, so Deirdre it is.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Eh, I think Sigurd would want me to vote for Deirdre, so Deirdre it is.

I bet Deirdre would want you to vote for Sigurd though... ?

Of the field, two are freebies, one I haven't bothered to train, three don't exist in my roster, one showed up late, and one showed up as +Atk/-Def on the debut banner (and I have the option to nullify that bane).

GO SIGURD!

Edited by eclipse

48 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I bet Deirdre would want you to vote for Sigurd though... ?

I'll join Sigurd if Deirdre loses in the first round for sure. But it'll go around in circles and I have to stop somewhere! ?

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I'll join Sigurd if Deirdre loses in the first round for sure. But it'll go around in circles and I have to stop somewhere! ?

Sigurd would want you to vote Diedre. Diedre would forget Sigurd exists and have twins with husband 2.

*waves Ethlyn flag*

The presence of Sigurd/Deirdre in this gauntlet and the support Sigurd is getting here, while nice to see, is funny in an ironic way to me. (Especially since Heroes!Deirdre is the amnesiac version of her.) It's like a symbolic attempt at getting some form of revenge/compensation for him. I'm voting for his sister because she's my favorite in this family of good people who make bad decisions, but please go and make this the first and only gauntlet Sigurd wins, it would be hilarious.

9 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah that's true, I was just playing around with you. XD

A big thank you to @Diovani Bressan for linking my VG predictor!  I've actually made two versions - he linked version A (link), and here is the link to version B.  There's no difference between them, but sometimes one will stop working for some inexplicable reason, so if one fails, you have the other to fall back on.

Something you'll notice after the first hour is that a name will be colored magenta at the top of the "Raw data" sheet.  That person is "Team Feathers" for that round, and it's determined solely by the lowest percentage in the first hour.

Enjoy!  If you see any issues with either predictor, please let me know!

Hey, the four pairings I predicted! Should I predict the four Smash DLC characters next?

19 hours ago, Anacybele said:

"We?" who's "we"? I like Sigurd but he's definitely not my favorite. Nor do I believe he "deserves" to win.

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Sigurd would want you to vote Diedre. Diedre would forget Sigurd exists and have twins with husband 2.

Nice burn.

...I'll vote for Dierdre and see myself out.

42 minutes ago, Jave said:

"We?" who's "we"? I like Sigurd but he's definitely not my favorite. Nor do I believe he "deserves" to win.

Me and the other person that got quoted, duh. Did you not notice that the post I quoted had quoted TWO people? And obviously, that other person was not you. So I was not talking about you.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Me and the other person that got quoted, duh. Did you not notice that the post I quoted had quoted TWO people? And obviously, that other person was not you. So I was not talking about you.

You haven't even played FE4 so why do you have a personal attachment to him? Just curious.