Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds is coming! (June 3rd)

Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support

• Pent: Fancy FiancĂ©
    • Sigurd: Holy Knight
    • Bartre: Fearless Warrior
    • Quan: Luminous Lancer
    • Louise: Eternal Devotion
    • Deirdre: Lady of the Forest
    • Karla: Sword Vassal
    • Ethlyn: Spirited Princess

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/2019 at 02:59 AM

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Me and the other person that got quoted, duh. Did you not notice that the post I quoted had quoted TWO people? And obviously, that other person was not you. So I was not talking about you.

The post I quoted from you had no quoted posts outside of the person you were replying to and you used "We" without specifying a name. The way you made your post implied you were referring to a large group or people, or a majority in this community.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

You haven't even played FE4 so why do you have a personal attachment to him? Just curious. 

I know enough about the story and his gameplay to think he seems cool. No, I can't call him an absolute favorite or anything because I haven't played his game, but from what I do know of him, I think he's cool.

1 minute ago, Jave said:

The post I quoted from you had no quoted posts outside of the person you were replying to and you used "We" without specifying a name. The way you made your post implied you were referring to a large group or people, or a majority in this community.

Not my fault you didn't look at the actual post that I quoted.

THAT'S ENOUGH.

The little arrows on the upper-right corner of a quoted post go back to the original quoted post.  Use them.

11 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Nice burn.

Arvis' was better. ? He totally roasted Sigurd and his whole army.

25 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Arvis' was better. ? He totally roasted Sigurd and his whole army.

Image result for oh brother this guy stinks meme

Though seriously, these type of jokes / puns are so unoriginal they make me internally groan every time.

The above GIF can also be applied to NoirCore's post that you quoted.

On 5/31/2019 at 4:43 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lastly, in having ordered Marth to go to Grust to subjugate it, Hardin provided the events which Roy would later parallel in the Western Isles. The Western Isles introduces those painfully generic and rotten limelight hogs called the Etrurian nobility.

Those guys were so forgettable despite having a lot of screen time. But what did you think of BB's villains overall? I think Zephiel was great, almost on par with Sephiran but Sephiran had a more compelling backstory and didn't make a face palm worthy blunder like relying on his incompetent allies to keep Roy's army at bay. Brunya, Murdock, Jahn, Galle and Idoun needed more screen time but were decent. While Narcian, Alucard and Roartz were terrible. I think BB has better villains than PoR tbh. 

It would be next to impossible to deny at least a visuals & class connection

I was also thinking that story wise, Deirdre became a pawn of Manfroy to resurrect Loptyr. Similarly, Micaiah ended up being used by Sephiran to lead the army to create enough chaos to awaken Ashera. 

On 5/31/2019 at 4:26 PM, omegaxis1 said:

False! Marth was always great.

True. Dude is great in all the Smash games which is a far more popular franchise than FE. That alone automatically makes him greater than all FE characters. 

OT: I'm Deirdre>Bartre>Louise>Ethlyn. 

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Though seriously, these type of jokes / puns are so unoriginal they make me internally groan every time.

"Everyone has their funnybones in different places." I don't know who originally said it, but it's pretty true. That said, generally speaking, I dislike jokes about serious topics. Yet, I love wordplay. So, even saying these jokes were kind of "I dislike it, but I like it."

6 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Those guys were so forgettable despite having a lot of screen time. But what did you think of BB's villains overall? I think Zephiel was great, almost on par with Sephiran but Sephiran had a more compelling backstory and didn't make a face palm worthy blunder like relying on his incompetent allies to keep Roy's army at bay. Brunya, Murdock, Jahn, Galle and Idoun needed more screen time but were decent. While Narcian, Alucard and Roartz were terrible. I think BB has better villains than PoR tbh. 

I disagree with Brunnya, she does have a touching moment and isn't bad, but her specific reasoning for being so devoted to Zephiel is never explained. That is annoying to no end for me. I must assume it's generic unrequited affections, which isn't good. I've no drive to fanfict something better either.

Narcian I can actually see as being better than Petrine, although I won't say I have a strong stance on this matchup. I compare them because they are so similar. 

Murdock > Bryce I think I could agree with, Bryce could be better, but he would need more than that. Murdock had less, but that was fine, Bryce was in an era where he needed more than what Murdock got and what he got which was more wasn't enough of more.

Galle I agree needed more time. I also hesitate to call him a Camus, since he seems to display little regret for his actions. But he did have potential.

I'm neutral on Idunn, neither do I dislike her, nor do I really like her.

As for Zephiel himself. Well he and Ashy had plans that neither really understood: Zephiel didn't get that dragonkind was practically dead in Elibe, Ashnard about what actually lurks in Lehran's Medallion and what will happen when it breaks. Although they have ideologies that sharply clash with each other, Ashnard would think Zephiel a mad nihilistic fool for hating human excess, Zephiel would see Ashnard as exactly what he abhors in humanity and wants expunged from the face of the planet. I hoped FEW would let me see them clash against other, with Walhart leaping into the fray midway, and Travant on the sidelines wondering who to join. Four mad kings, four different ideologies, endless possibilities.

Zephiel shows no honor to Old Hector, and disparages Cecilia as weak (although he isn't wrong here- it just balances Cecilia) and mocks Etruria despite him being of an Etrurian mother. Other than Guinevere's expose, I can't find the good Zephiel at all in FE6, which makes the perfect innocent child of FE7 too strong a contrast and hurts both games. Even when not trying to look for honor in Zephiel because of FE7, and just looking at him as a villainous villain in FE6, eh, Ashnard still does it better for me. You the player get a lot more time seeing Ashy, and that does it for me- not like Ike or Roy has much chemistry with their respective big bad.

The remaining PoR villains: Black Knight, Naesala much of the game, Bertram (just because he is a Four Rider I do list him), and the wretched sack of lard that doesn't exist. Well Blackie I think I'd place highly in a 6 vs. 9 competition, ignoring RD for the moment. I genuinely like PoR Naesala. Bertram barely exists so he can sink to the third lowest position. Lard takes 4th lowest, because having only one corrupt noble who knows when to do die and doesn't overstay his welcome (again, ignore RD), while Arcardo and Roartz take the very bottom rungs on this list (the higher ranks not being tiered).

18 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

Speaking of quotes:

@Anacybele @Interdimensional Observer I think it should be possible to quote me now. I had @eclipse take a look at what was wrong. 

That's well and good. ?

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Sorry, it's a meme. And a certain pun-happy YTer has influenced me too much. ?

13 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

You don't have to be such a Draug, dude.

I have no idea whose team I will join since I don't know any of these characters. I have Bartre, Sigurd, BB!Louise, Karla and Ethlyn but I might go the feather merc route and joining Bartre or Ethlyn since they are looking like the less popular teams.

My first instinct is to go for Pent, but I could really see myself going to any team, since there's nobody I really dislike here.

I have everyone but Pent so there's a lot of options here. I'll start with Karla because she blessed me with a perfect nature during her debut banner, from there we'll see.

Well how about that.

Deirdre is most popular contestant for this VG. I thought it was going to be Louise since she's a free unit.

So much for Mang's propaganda

Going Ethlyn first for the Feathers. I have Olivia as my leader.

I also went Ethlyn first. I threw up Legendary Lucina as my lead. Which I found hilarious because I pretty much immediately ran into someone who had done the same thing. What goes around comes around, eh?

I'll be on Team Quan for the start.

...what? I'm not particularly attached to anyone here, so I just summoned on the voting gauntlet banner until one of the five summonable appeared. If no one did in the 75 orbs used, I'd just roll a dice between the remaining three. And Quan did appear. So... yeah.

I'll be running my Walhart if anyone wants to add me to their FC, code in my sig.

Also ended up on team Ethlyn despite earlier plans - sister picked it because we both think that she looks like our other sister, which is as good a reason as any. Unfortunately I booked my 4-star Ethlyn so I'll have to fight manually, but with the new ballot system that's not too onerous a task.

Looks to me like Sigurd is generally outgaining Pent since it took a while for the former to get behind just now. That would mean Sigurd is the bigger team! GO SIGURD!

Edited by Anacybele