Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds is coming! (June 3rd)

Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support

• Pent: Fancy Fiancé
    • Sigurd: Holy Knight
    • Bartre: Fearless Warrior
    • Quan: Luminous Lancer
    • Louise: Eternal Devotion
    • Deirdre: Lady of the Forest
    • Karla: Sword Vassal
    • Ethlyn: Spirited Princess

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/2019 at 02:59 AM

9 minutes ago, Jave said:

It seriously needs to be Bartre Vs. Karla in the final. What better way to end a marriage-themed VG than re-enacting the way that couple actually met?

True!😙

Part of Karla recruitment dialogue:

Bartre:
“Meeting me here will be your doom! I must erase the shame I met on the Western Isles! Come! We duel!”

Karla:
“…Oh, I remember you. You’re the guy who came out of nowhere and challenged me… The one I knocked out with my first sword stroke.”

Bartre:
“The Bartre before you is not the same one you faced then! I will have my revenge for the Isles here in Ostia! Now, dig up some courage, and do your worst!”

A Support:

"Bartre: Enough, braggart! You’re no better than me! We are the same, you and I!
Karla: …Except that I am a woman.
Bartre: I–!
Karla: …What? Are you so surprised? Surely you must have realized this before now!
Bartre: Err… No! I’m sorry! I mean, I forgot!
Karla: You forgot? Whatever do you mean?
Bartre: …From the first time I met you on the battlefield, I saw a beautiful girl… But…after I fought you and realized your strength, I only saw the greatest warrior I had ever met.
Karla: ……
Bartre: Did I anger you?
Karla: No. It’s just…
Bartre: Just what?
Karla: Bartre, you are a good man.
Bartre: Hnh?
Karla: I will train harder, so that I do not betray your expectations of me. Farewell.
Bartre: K-Karla. What was I thinking! That was the absolute stupidest thing I could have said! What’s wrong with me! Am I…in love? Wauuuugghhhhhh!"

Although going off the data for their rematch at the end of  the Nergal incident, Bartre should win as long as he has the Iron Rune to be immune to Crits. With base stats + Warrior promotion bonuses + a Swordreaver, Bartre can survive Karla's recruitment duel if she doesn't crit.

Which just speaks to the gulf between her in FE7 and her in this game. She can't with certainty ORKO someone with 32 HP and 9 Def, despite coming four fights from the very end.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Now I really question why Karla ever even considered marrying that clown...

Love works in numerous ways.

11 hours ago, Jave said:

Love works in numerous ways.

I guess it does, yeah...

Though not that I thought Bartre didn't have a good heart, it's his head I find weird.

Edited by Anacybele

24 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

So, Bartre won? I'm on his team and got the 500 extra feathers. I wasn't around for the final hour of the round but did Pent not the final multiplier?

No, Pent did have the final multiplier. Bartre apparently didn't give a shit, just punched Pent in the face and then proceeded to bench press him.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

No, Pent did have the final multiplier. Bartre apparently didn't give a shit, just punched Pent in the face and then proceeded to bench press him.

That's...interesting considering Bartre was the smaller team from my understanding.

7 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

That's...interesting considering Bartre was the smaller team from my understanding.

Well, his multiplier gains were actually outgaining Pent's multiplier gains at times so I guess the feather mercs inadvertently led Bartre to victory not unlike Shanna all those VGs ago. 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A Support:

"Bartre: Enough, braggart! You’re no better than me! We are the same, you and I!
Karla: …Except that I am a woman.
Bartre: I–!
Karla: …What? Are you so surprised? Surely you must have realized this before now!
Bartre: Err… No! I’m sorry! I mean, I forgot!
Karla: You forgot? Whatever do you mean?
Bartre: …From the first time I met you on the battlefield, I saw a beautiful girl… But…after I fought you and realized your strength, I only saw the greatest warrior I had ever met.
Karla: ……
Bartre: Did I anger you?
Karla: No. It’s just…
Bartre: Just what?
Karla: Bartre, you are a good man.
Bartre: Hnh?
Karla: I will train harder, so that I do not betray your expectations of me. Farewell.
Bartre: K-Karla. What was I thinking! That was the absolute stupidest thing I could have said! What’s wrong with me! Am I…in love? Wauuuugghhhhhh!"

FE7 characters are so intensely relatable. I've been there, Bartre. Hnhhh-!?

Looks like the bulk of feather mercenaries were hiding on Team Bartre if we lost. Well, my net total from this VG thus far is a cool 5500 feathers so I'm not going to complain about being Team Pent, GG Bartre. I think I'll go Karla for the finale. It might be easy to rank high if I manage to discover the occassional multiplier.

Edit: Oh, no Karla? Deirdre I guess.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

so I guess the feather mercs inadvertently led Bartre to victory not unlike Shanna all those VGs ago. 

Oh stop, my ears are burning!

Edited by Glennstavos

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although going off the data for their rematch at the end of  the Nergal incident, Bartre should win as long as he has the Iron Rune to be immune to Crits. With base stats + Warrior promotion bonuses + a Swordreaver, Bartre can survive Karla's recruitment duel if she doesn't crit.

Hm, I usually have him equip an Iron Bow just to make sure he doesn’t kill her by accident. Iron Rune is a must. 

Anyway, it’s Bartre VS Deidre for the finals. Bartre should avenge his wife. 

On 6/4/2019 at 7:18 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

Here, I updated the Predictor's link by changing it to the 2nd version of DarkAlf's Predictor. I believe now it's right.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IqD9a3cDDEBh4gmtJ_rWNtlyp34oWBF6Bv7XYuWf5Y8/edit?usp=sharing

Oh, thanks! it sure helps me a lot during the second round. 

It is in error again though? 

This could be the first time since a long time I'll be in  the winning team starting round one. Go Deirdre!

But overall I am happy with this setup, Bartre against Deirdre. Both are characters I like!

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Oh, thanks! it sure helps me a lot during the second round. 

It is in error again though? 

Try this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M_W5UEWsL1opN5jjUVp0Jr0hGdoh86ldp3trlZcCSdc/edit#gid=70440011

DarkAlf did 2 Predictors, just in case one of them gets problems.

28 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Try this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M_W5UEWsL1opN5jjUVp0Jr0hGdoh86ldp3trlZcCSdc/edit#gid=70440011

DarkAlf did 2 Predictors, just in case one of them gets problems.

Thanks again!

also, man, this round was brutal, Deirdre's first hour score is nearly 5x Bartre's, look at all disadvanatges Bartre can get.

Golden chance to burn flags tho

8 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Thanks again!

also, man, this round was brutal, Deirdre's first hour score is nearly 5x Bartre's, look at all disadvanatges Bartre can get.

Golden chance to burn flags tho

Yep. Team Bartre is the most Team Feathers we ever got!

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...Now I really question why Karla ever even considered marrying that clown...

EDIT: WHAT DEIRDRE ACTUALLY WON!! SIGURD MAY TRIUMPH! 😄

@omegaxis1

I was really shocked to wake up to see that Deirdre won. A very nice surprise. XD

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I was really shocked to wake up to see that Deirdre won. A very nice surprise. XD

Yeah, I was like "WHAT NO WAY" myself when I got my victory feathers. For the first time, we not only both picked the same team(s) but also picked the same ones throughout the whole thing. What a change. XD

17 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I didn't even know Barte had supporters to begin with.

He dangled Feathers in front of mercenaries like me. I normally do mercenary work for the first two rounds and support which ever character I prefer more during the last round, but sometimes my mercenary contract gets extended.

Well team Bartre it is since I have him.  I actually changed my lead from V!Lilina to Kaze since colorless can be hard to get.