Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds is coming! (June 3rd)

Voting Gauntlet: Marital Bonds   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which army will you support

• Pent: Fancy Fiancé
    • Sigurd: Holy Knight
    • Bartre: Fearless Warrior
    • Quan: Luminous Lancer
    • Louise: Eternal Devotion
    • Deirdre: Lady of the Forest
    • Karla: Sword Vassal
    • Ethlyn: Spirited Princess

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/09/2019 at 02:59 AM

I know it's not going to happen, but having fallen Berkut by himself in this VG would be a hilariously dark joke which would be even funnier if Orson and his zombie wife were here in FEH to join this VG too.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Any examples? 

Certain legendary banners had characters show up in gauntlets during, and the current TT had no banner to go with it because the bonus units already had them. Just to name a few.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Certain legendary banners had characters show up in gauntlets during, and the current TT had no banner to go with it because the bonus units already had them. Just to name a few.

The only true case of a unit in a banner that appears in another banner for VG is Dorcas. Dorcas appeared in Farfetched Heroes Banner, and before the banner ends, he appeared in  Enduring Love VG banner.

Legendary Banners's units appearing in VG is because that because the VG is based on that type of units. The two cases that this happened were Heroes & Legends VG and Nifl vs. Múspell VG, that some of the  VG participants were Legendary Heroes, and they don't appear in normal banners, just in special cases, like the Find and Vote banner or the December's Hero Fest that had Eir. We didn't had a case that a unit appeared in a legendary banner AND in a VG banner at the same time.

The same goes with Tempest Trials. The current TT is based on Weddings and Brides, and the 2018's Brides banners rerun appeared in the same day that the event was annouced, which counts as the TT banner, because the 2018's Brides are bonus allies in the current TT.

Like I said before, the only TRUE case of a unit appearing in a banner and a VG banner at the same time was Dorcas, in 2017.

It's not guaranteed that Leif and Nanna will not appear in the VG, but since they got a banner recently, it's very unlikely.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

29 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Leanne and Naesala would be great like Quan and Ethlyn because it gives us a F2P option as well as a possible 5 star exclusive to roll for. If Bartre and Karla works despite Bartre being a dud, I'd argue Micaiah and Sothe works just as well because it does give us a 5 star unit. 

Or they should make it Arvis/Deirdre. 

Any examples? 

He was already on a 3 person banner when he debuted. I guess he can be on a two person banner but I wouldn't count on it. 

Yeah, but I didn't pull for him then. I'd be plenty happy with another 3-character banner to pull him from, and while 2-character seems unlikely, it'd be even better.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The only true case of a unit in a banner that appears in another banner for VG is Dorcas. Dorcas appeared in Farfetched Heroes Banner, and before the banner ends, he appeared in  Enduring Love VG banner.

Legendary Banners's units appearing in VG is because that because the VG is based on that type of units. The two cases that this happened were Heroes & Legends VG and Nifl vs. Múspell VG, that some of the  VG participants were Legendary Heroes, and they don't appear in normal banners, just in special cases, like the Find and Vote banner or the December's Hero Fest that had Eir. We didn't had a case that a unit appeared in a legendary banner AND in a VG banner at the same time.

The same goes with Tempest Trials. The current TT is based on Weddings and Brides, and the 2018's Brides banners rerun appeared in the same day that the event was annouced, which counts as the TT banner, because the 2018's Brides are bonus allies in the current TT.

Like I said before, the only TRUE case of a unit appearing in a banner and a VG banner at the same time was Dorcas, in 2017.

It's not guaranteed that Leif and Nanna will not appear in the VG, but since they got a banner recently, it's very unlikely.

No, those examples I listed still count. Just because they go with a theme doesn't mean anything different. ALL VGs have a theme of some kind, so it's moot. And Leif and Nanna are a canon couple and their BHB is about their bond. Close enough to the VG's theme regardless.

Just now, Anacybele said:

No, those examples I listed still count. Just because they go with a theme doesn't mean anything different. ALL VGs have a theme of some kind, so it's moot. And Leif and Nanna are a canon couple and their BHB is about their bond. Close enough to the VG's theme regardless.

All BHB are about the units bonds. This is why the map is called "Bound Hero Battle".

Units that appeared in Legendary Banner only appeared in Voting Gauntlets because the units are exclusives to Legendary Banners. Why would we have a VG banner with Fjorm, Gunnthrá and Hríd since they are in the current Legendary Banner?

There is no reason to make a TT banner if the bonus allies are units will appear in a rerun banner. Why should we have a TT banner with Brides Ninian, Sanaki and Tharja, since the same units appear in the 2018's Brides Banner rerun?

I repeat myself here: the only TRUE case of a unit appearing in a banner and a VG banner at the same time was Dorcas, in 2017. And it's not guaranteed that Leif and Nanna will not appear in the VG, but since they got a banner recently, it's very unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

All BHB are about the units bonds. This is why the map is called "Bound Hero Battle".

And like I said, the pair in this case also happen to be a canon couple. So this is moot.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I repeat myself here: the only TRUE case of a unit appearing in a banner and a VG banner at the same time was Dorcas, in 2017. And it's not guaranteed that Leif and Nanna will not appear in the VG, but since they got a banner recently, it's very unlikely.

And I repeat myself here, I don't agree.

This is yet another reason why I wish Elena was in the game. Rafiel too. Largo/Calil (FE10) might've been in here, too, if they were in the game (and Largo didn't have certain problems.)

As for my guesses...

- Pent/Louise, Quan/Ethlyn, and Bartre/Karla make the most sense since they were married before their games started.

- Sigurd/Diedre and Arvis/Diedre happen as their game progresses and is programmed in, so these are also possibilities.

- Mathilda/Clive (or Alm/Celica; don't think they'll include 2 couples from the same game) Sothe/Michaiah, Naesala/Leanne, and Marth/Caeda (among others) are all pretty canon with no other real contenders, but their marriages happen after their games end, so I don't know if they'll include these.

- Eliwood/Ninian, Chrom/Sumia, and others like these are possible, given how the games try to ship them, but I think they're unlikely since they're not forced on the player/written in stone.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And like I said, the pair in this case also happen to be a canon couple. So this is moot.

And I repeat myself here, I don't agree.

Here's the thing with Leif x Nanna. Them being a canon couple is highly debatable due to them only getting married in the good ending of FE5 or if you choose to marry them in FE4. There's still the possibility that they don't get married in either game, which can happen in FE4 if you choose to marry them to anyone else (or not at all, which is highly likely), and in FE5 if Nanna doesn't survive (very likely in a blind run, as Nanna is recruited in a very dangerous map).

They're not on the same level of Sigurd x Deirdre, Quan x Ethlyn, Pent x Louise or Bartre x Karla, which are confirmed to get married no matter what (and thus, the pairings I believe will be used).

And I definitely agree that them getting a banner just now lowers their chances of being in another banner right after. Heck, the banners would even overlap for a couple of days.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Marth/Caeda, Pent/Louise, Quan/Ethlyn, and Bartre/Karla. Those are my guesses. At the very least, Marth/Caeda and Pent/Louise have both GOT to be there, it'd be crazy to not have them there.

Why don't you think Sigurd and Deirdre could be in it? I think they're more likely than Bartre and Karla due to being much more significant in their games. Also, Bartre is 3-4 star while both Sigurd and Deirdre are 5 star exclusive, giving more reason to pull on the banner.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why don't you think Sigurd and Deirdre could be in it? I think they're more likely than Bartre and Karla due to being much more significant in their games. Also, Bartre is 3-4 star while both Sigurd and Deirdre are 5 star exclusive, giving more reason to pull on the banner.

Purely because Quan wasn't on the Leif/Nanna BHB, I have no other reason really. I'd honestly prefer Sigurd/Deirdre, but my gut tells me they aren't as likely.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Purely because Quan wasn't on the Leif/Nanna BHB, I have no other reason really. I'd honestly prefer Sigurd/Deirdre, but my gut tells me they aren't as likely.

No offense, but are you sure it isn't FE7 bias since Bartre and Karla are from that game?

I just can't think of any reason they'd be picked over Sigurd and Deirdre though, tbh.

But I did expect Robin in that tactician gauntlet, so...

Edited by Anacybele

Considering that they put Lachesis instead of Quan on the Leif and Nanna BHB banner, Quan/Ethlyn does feel likely. I suppose they wouldn't want to put Quan on two simultaneous banners.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No offense, but are you sure it isn't FE7 bias since Bartre and Karla are from that game?

I just can't think of any reason they'd be picked over Sigurd and Deirdre though, tbh.

But I did expect Robin in that tactician gauntlet, so...

I'm 100% positive there is no FE7 bias in my thinking.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm 100% positive there is no FE7 bias in my thinking.

Okay then, fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Considering that they put Lachesis instead of Quan on the Leif and Nanna BHB banner, Quan/Ethlyn does feel likely. I suppose they wouldn't want to put Quan on two simultaneous banners.

Didn't we have three different Myrrh banners once (one with Halloween Myrrh and the other two with regular Myrrh) or something? I could also swear we've had a few other instances of more than one banner with the same character at the same time too...

Also, Sigurd and Deirdre and Quan and Ethlyn can all be in this, I don't see why not. My guesses are them, Pent and Louise, and Marth and Caeda.

17 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Marth/Caeda, Pent/Louise, Quan/Ethlyn, and Bartre/Karla. Those are my guesses. At the very least, Marth/Caeda and Pent/Louise have both GOT to be there, it'd be crazy to not have them there.

I mean, Marth/Caeda getting snubbed here wouldn't be that surprising given that they, despite both being in FEH from the very beginning, still haven't gotten a Bound Hero Battle together....and also that Archanea in general has only one Bound Hero Battle (Minerva & Maria) total while Binding Blade has gotten two just within this year. ...IS really likes snubbing Archanea, don't they?

While I know there's nothing stopping someone from appearing in multiple VGs, I'd prefer it if both halves of the couple are both new to the mode. I'd therefore rather not see repeats for Marth, Sigurd, Arvis, Ethlyn, Celica or Leif (I may be missing a unit or two) again here.

With that in mind, out of the suggestions here so far I'm partial to:

Louise/Pent

Bartre/Karla

Clive/Mathilda

Micaiah/Sothe

Edited by Humanoid

9 hours ago, Jave said:

Here's the thing with Leif x Nanna. Them being a canon couple is highly debatable due to them only getting married in the good ending of FE5 or if you choose to marry them in FE4. There's still the possibility that they don't get married in either game, which can happen in FE4 if you choose to marry them to anyone else (or not at all, which is highly likely), and in FE5 if Nanna doesn't survive (very likely in a blind run, as Nanna is recruited in a very dangerous map).

They're not on the same level of Sigurd x Deirdre, Quan x Ethlyn, Pent x Louise or Bartre x Karla, which are confirmed to get married no matter what (and thus, the pairings I believe will be used).

And I definitely agree that them getting a banner just now lowers their chances of being in another banner right after. Heck, the banners would even overlap for a couple of days.

Need I remind you that Marth x Caeda is also canon and yet Caeda can still die? Leif x Nanna is canon in my book

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Need I remind you that Marth x Caeda is also canon and yet Caeda can still die? Leif x Nanna is canon in my book

^^^^^ this very much this. If a pairing can only be cancelled if you actively went out of your way to destroy it, then it's canon. Micaiah/Sothe and Leif/Nanna are canon because the good ending is the canon one anyway.

6 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

^^^^^ this very much this. If a pairing can only be cancelled if you actively went out of your way to destroy it, then it's canon. Micaiah/Sothe and Leif/Nanna are canon because the good ending is the canon one anyway.

I mean I did say “highly debatable”, not that they weren’t, as what qualifies as “canon” can widely vary per person. I actually DO consider Leif x Nanna and Marth x Caeda to be canon by my standards, but I know people who don’t, and that’s something that might be taken into account when choosing characters for this VG.

Don’t assume I disagree with something just because I bring up a different POV. I mean, I’ve stated multiple times I consider Ike x Soren to be canon. 

11 minutes ago, Jave said:

I mean I did say “highly debatable”, not that they weren’t, as what qualifies as “canon” can widely vary per person. I actually DO consider Leif x Nanna and Marth x Caeda to be canon by my standards, but I know people who don’t, and that’s something that might be taken into account when choosing characters for this VG.

Don’t assume I disagree with something just because I bring up a different POV. I mean, I’ve stated multiple times I consider Ike x Soren to be canon. 

I don't know why they wouldn't consider it canon considering FE5 outright ends by Leif proposing to Nanna and marrying her after the war ends