Famitsu 3rd Preview: New villains, Weekend activties, Ashe and Lysithea

Kuki

Guys, guys. i bring important news

There is fishing. I REPEAT, THERE IS FISHING! 

Three Houses is actually just Trails of Cold Steel.

1 hour ago, Kuki said:

A new article appears! Looks like it's covering villains and other students that have yet to be revealed!

Aw, i was hoping the villains would be more subtle in appearance. I know we joke about Rhea and Hubert (if they are indeed evil) but these guys have "i'm a villain" painted all over them. Though the one with the axe does look cool.  Though is it me or does the guy with the scythe look like an undead. He's got red eyes and no visible human features. Actually, what if they're both undead. FE villains typically don't cover their faces. The most we get is Iago but even then, his mask is only half of it.

Edited by Armagon

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Why do I have a feeling that this axe dude FLIES?

Scythe/axe guy does have spurs on his boots, which means he rides something at least. Elements of the armor design sure do look dragon-like.

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

Uh. That guy literally has a skull helmet. Wonder if he's recruitable? Smh I really hope they aren't continuing with the 3DS tradition of having extremely bad evil guys for villains.

So Gharnef, Ashnard, Izuka, and Nergal just don't exist now, huh?

Edited by The DanMan

Wtf is this style reversal because I’M LOVING IT. I’m thinking the team has a different designer under the belt. I hope they use them for higher tier classes. 

1 minute ago, MGrizzly said:

Loving the look of those two bad(?) guys. Almost feels like SMTxFE all over again.?

Someone in the FEW Discord server's gut reaction was to call them SMT characters, as well.

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

So Gharnef, Ashnard, Izuka, and Nergal just don't exist now, huh?

all of those are better than garon and validar

Just now, fiver said:

all of those are better than garon and validar

Gharnef is literally the first villain in the franchise and he has black skin and distorted facial features, Ashnard has the smug look of a crazed maniac by default and is wearing spiked armor, Nergal's got the evil Shaman look to a T and is named after a Mesopotamian god of pestilence, and Izuka is an ugly hunchback with emaciated skin.

The series has had plenty of obviously evil looking antagonists from the start.

40 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Mercedes? But her name isn't on the map...

Mercedes doesn’t have a last name revealed. If she did, it could be any of the untaken last names in the Adrestian Empire or she could take up another last name to conceal the fact that she’s a possible crest bearer. Which I think is super interesting. o:

8 minutes ago, Aera said:

Wtf is this style reversal because I’M LOVING IT. I’m thinking the team has a different designer under the belt. I hope they use them for higher tier classes. 

I'm guessing it's still Chinatsu Kurahana. She has a wide range as an artist

__artoria_pendragon_rider_emiya_kiritsugu_kotomine_kirei_gilgamesh_and_etc_fate_series_and_etc_drawn_by_kurahana_chinatsu__sample-296d637457ded54e66a8bd179f238acf.jpg

574770bda5e61d28fb04eac79f8fce1a.jpg

__gotou_hidenori_samurai_flamenco_drawn_by_kurahana_chinatsu__sample-c6d68d4a9ebc6dc72c0a93e053c48f74.jpg

is it a bad argument if I say they did it first?

also even though I think Nergal is overrated he's much more than just evil bad guy.

4 minutes ago, Aera said:

Mercedes doesn’t have a last name revealed. If she did, it could be any of the untaken last names in the Adrestian Empire or she could take up another last name to conceal the fact that she’s a possible crest bearer. Which I think is super interesting. o:

Actually, her name was revealed. Mercedes von Martlitz.

7 minutes ago, Aera said:

Actually, her last name has been revealed. It's "Maltritz" or something similar, and there's nothing really similar to that on the map. 

EDIT: Whelp I got ninja'd. Even though she's an Adrestian raised in Faerghus, there's a good chance that Maltritz is her birth surname. If she had changed it upon arriving at Faerghus to hide her identity, there's no reason for her to keep the "von" in her name, as that's a giant red flag saying "Hey, I'm Adrestian/not from Faerghus!" which seems pretty counter intuitive if she was trying to hide.

Edited by SageOfAnys

2 minutes ago, MGrizzly said:

I'm guessing it's still Chinatsu Kurahana. She has a wide range as an artist

Where is this energy in the portraits? ? Hopefully the portraits are unfinished and that most, if not all, of the artwork are refined.

56 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

If I'm reading right it looks like Ferdinand, Bernadetta, Mercedes and Lysithea are crest bearers.

Well, I don't know if I'm reading this correctly either, but if we're both looking at the same section of the screenshot with Ferdinand, Bernadetta, Mercedes, Ashe, Lysithea, and Raphael--it seems to me more like a showcase of personal skills than anything.

If you look closely there are separate icons under each character named that don't look very similar to how the crests of the 3 House Leaders were introduced in the last issue. In fact Raphael's icon seems to be renewal(?), which is slightly odd to be noted as a personal skill, but is a skill nonetheless.

4 minutes ago, Aera said:

Where is this energy in the portraits? ? Hopefully the portraits are unfinished and that most, if not all, of the artwork are refined.

Kind of like with Kozaki. I think his non-FE artwork looks a whole lot better than his FE artwork.

6 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Actually, her name was revealed. Mercedes von Martlitz.

Oh, interesting! I looked up several articles and translations, but didn’t pay attention to the information.

9 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Actually, her last name has been revealed. It's "Maltritz" or something similar, and there's nothing really similar to that on the map. 

EDIT: Whelp I got ninja'd. Even though she's an Adrestian raised in Faerghus, there's a good chance that Maltritz is her birth surname. If she had changed it upon arriving at Faerghus to hide her identity, there's no reason for her to keep the "von" in her name, as that's a giant red flag saying "Hey, I'm Adrestian/not from Faerghus!" which seems pretty counter intuitive if she was trying to hide.

Oh, you’re right... Perhaps something happened to Maltritz, and she needed to move.

7 minutes ago, The Real MC said:

Well, I don't know if I'm reading this correctly either, but if we're both looking at the same section of the screenshot with Ferdinand, Bernadetta, Mercedes, Ashe, Lysithea, and Raphael--it seems to me more like a showcase of personal skills than anything.

If you look closely there are separate icons under each character named that don't look very similar to how the crests of the 3 House Leaders were introduced in the last issue. In fact Raphael's icon seems to be renewal(?), which is slightly odd to be noted as a personal skill, but is a skill nonetheless.

Yes, there are personal skills. However, if you look underneath those 4 characters specifically, there is a little second batch of text with what seem to be Crests that Raphael and Ashe don't have.

Edited by Sentinel07

Ooooh, these villains look great! I love me some generic evil villains that just look badass for the aesthetic. Like I don't mind a few twist villains that don't LOOK evil, but like idk. If I was evil, I'd definitely wear something totally badass and awesome just for the aesthetic of like a cape, a scythe and goth, skull inspired clothing no I'm not trying to relive my youth when I actually owned lots of skull clothing.

But excited for this next preview looks like a good wealth of new info!

Ah, Fire Emblem subtlety at its finest.

In all seriousness, I don't mind the fact that these new guys are cartoonishly evil provided they aren't actually characters. If they're just generic evil mooks like the Risen or the Faceless then I think the designs work fine. Of course, I'm not thrilled about having such unambiguously evil enemies in the first place, but that wasn't unexpected. If they are actually characters though...oof.

I'm glad we'll finally get some info on Lysithea. Best case scenario would be something that can help confirm/deny the thanibomb leaks, but even aside from that she's been the Deer I've wanted to know about the most since she was just the back of someone's head in Claude's strategy meeting.

2 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Uh. That guy literally has a skull helmet. Wonder if he's recruitable? Smh I really hope they aren't continuing with the 3DS tradition of having extremely bad evil guys for villains.

A Skull Knight. We Berserk now.

I think villains who look pure evil (especially if it turns out they're anti-villain) can be pretty fun but FE stories usually aren't served well if the main villain just evil and nothing else.

I want a villain with political motivations but I'm pretty sure the villainous cast will be primarily if not exclusively alligned with religion.