Famitsu 3rd Preview: New villains, Weekend activties, Ashe and Lysithea

Kuki

13 minutes ago, Onestep said:

I'm going to be honest: I'm not happy. I've always had great respect for the Serene's Forest community, so seeing what I'm seeing from you guys right now...

To be frank, it disgusts me.

Just because a character wears a creepy skull mask and wields a villain, it doesn't make them a villain. Maybe he does charity work on Saturday. Probably he bathes in the blood of the innocent. Either way, we can't judge him for his lifestyle choices. As for the other fellow, who looks like a cross between an Inquisitor and Jack of Blades, he's probably a thoroughly decent person, despite his glowing eyes, flame motif and 6 foot-long helmet dyed blood red. We need to bring this community back to where it was, and accept that just because a character is probably a literal spawn of hell who indulges in occasional mass-murder and torment of others, they aren't a bad person.

Next time on I can't believe my Three Houses can be this cute! : "I can't believe Reaper-chan can be this cute (while eviscerating a whole bunch of puppies)"

1 hour ago, Lynsanity said:

I wonder if the Flame Emperor's name and the Pokemon TCG fire symbols on his epaulettes, as well as the RBY color scheme of the game's heroes, suggests the existence of an Ice Emperor and Thunder Emperor.

Given it's Fire Emblem, wouldn't a Wind Emperor makes more sense than an Ice Emperor?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Onestep

Dang, I'm ashamed of myself. Can't wait to see who's the first person on the Internet to romance those sweeties.

Also, I'm wondering if the plague doctor is from the same group. It would make sense since they're all fully masked.

The Reaper Knight really reminds me of the Fiends from Echoes as well.

43 minutes ago, Onestep said:

occasional mass-murder and torment of others, they aren't a bad person.

Yeah, sure. Assuredly, I say to you: even if he is "not a bad person" he still committed a capital crime.

7 hours ago, The DanMan said:

So Gharnef, Ashnard, Izuka, and Nergal just don't exist now, huh?

Please don't reduce those villains to "extremely bad evil guys". They're leagues better than Validar and the Fates crew, as well as Surtr and so far the Hel team. Dark mages and a dragon king look inherently evil, yes, but come on, it's a horned skull helmet. There's zero room for subtlety or nuance there. Apparently he's some god of death, so if we're going around fighting the gods of Fodlan then I can see potential, but for a normal person that armour is ridiculous. 

(You also forgot about Jedah, who's pretty cartoonish).

19 minutes ago, Onestep said:

*woosh*

I was waiting for this moment, lol. Props to you for the quality comment.

Gotta admit that I'm crossing my fingers for some well-thought out villains as well. I enjoyed Gangrel in Awakening, but everything after him was meh to downright bad, in my opinion.

Except for Berkut. I did like Berkut. Though that may have partially been due to Ian Sinclair's phenomenal voice acting.

Edited by Delfino

22 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Please don't reduce those villains to "extremely bad evil guys". They're leagues better than Validar and the Fates crew, as well as Surtr and so far the Hel team. Dark mages and a dragon king look inherently evil, yes, but come on, it's a horned skull helmet. There's zero room for subtlety or nuance there. Apparently he's some god of death, so if we're going around fighting the gods of Fodlan then I can see potential, but for a normal person that armour is ridiculous. 

(You also forgot about Jedah, who's pretty cartoonish).

They're hardly better, with throwaway motivations and still looking obviously evil. I don't see how a horned skull helmet is much more on the nose than giant evil grin and spikey shoulderpads.

Besides, since NOE's facebook advertisement for the game already confirmed the Church is going to be our main villains, these guys are probably gonna end up with at least attempted sympathy and might actually be recruitable-- as they're stated to have a serious grudge against the church and the monastery. 
They're far more likely to be attempted anti-villains/anti-heroes in the end.

(Also all the SF translation is calling him the "Reaper Knight"-- the "death god" bit probably comes from the Japanese text likely calling him a "Shinigami", which is literally "death god" but 95% of the time gets translated as "reaper")

Edited by The DanMan

It seems that maybe Ardrestian nobles are the holders of the non-10 hero crests (with the exception of Mercedes who seems to have a 10 hero crest as Vincent mentioned in his article). 

The villains look nice, hopefully they are good villains tho.

Also I'm super happy we are getting Ashe and Lysithea.

These guys don't look like they're from the same with those design, very SMT. I wonder what role they will play?

1 hour ago, Onestep said:

I'm going to be honest: I'm not happy. I've always had great respect for the Serene's Forest community, so seeing what I'm seeing from you guys right now...

To be frank, it disgusts me.

Just because a character wears a creepy skull mask and wields a villain, it doesn't make them a villain. Maybe he does charity work on Saturday. Probably he bathes in the blood of the innocent. Either way, we can't judge him for his lifestyle choices. As for the other fellow, who looks like a cross between an Inquisitor and Jack of Blades, he's probably a thoroughly decent person, despite his glowing eyes, flame motif and 6 foot-long helmet dyed blood red. We need to bring this community back to where it was, and accept that just because a character is probably a literal spawn of hell who indulges in occasional mass-murder and torment of others, they aren't a bad person.

I fully agree. #dontjudgeappearences

6820194_orig.jpg

49 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Also, I'm wondering if the plague doctor is from the same group. It would make sense since they're all fully masked.

It would make sense. If this is the anti Church folks and followers of Nemesis, a plague mask fits better in with that aesthetic than the church. I'd expect the contrasting styles to be along the lines of Nohr vs. Begnion. 

That said I've thought for the longest time that the plague doctor is just a generic. His outfit isn't very detailed the editing at least makes it seem like he's throwing an easily dodged fireball before he is cut down. 

So it seems this group is very anti Church and the Church is very pro Church, but what bit are they opposed to, I'm thinking it's the crests. That puts them in an interesting position with Edelgard considering she is also opposed to the crests.

Just now, HappyHawlucha. said:

So it seems this group is very anti Church and the Church is very pro Church, but what bit are they opposed to, I'm thinking it's the crests. That puts them in an interesting position with Edelgard considering she is also opposed to the crests.

Chances are we'll only have 11 Crests on our side. That leaves 11 still out there, unless I misremember something. It's possible the bad guys have their own Crests. 

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Chances are we'll only have 11 Crests on our side. That leaves 11 still out there, unless I misremember something. It's possible the bad guys have their own Crests. 

In addition to Seiros and the Ten Greats there were also apparently Ten Saints. Bernadetta and Ferdinand's crests are apparently from the Saints

9 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

In addition to Seiros and the Ten Greats there were also apparently Ten Saints. Bernadetta and Ferdinand's crests are apparently from the Saints

That leaves one crest doesn't it? There was 22 crests on the mural, so we have Seiros', the Ten Greats' and now the Ten Saints', but what about the last one(and it's not Byleth's since that one wasn't present in the mural.

The scythe dude gives me some strong Skull Knight vibes from Berserk, which is weird cuz the Skull Knight isn't even a villain.

Anyway, if these two are villains and not just generic terrors, I hope they're cool in the intimidating sense like the Black Knight and not just one dimensional baddies.

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

The scythe dude gives me some strong Skull Knight vibes from Berserk, which is weird cuz the Skull Knight isn't even a villain.

Anyway, if these two are villains and not just generic terrors, I hope they're cool in the intimidating sense like the Black Knight and not just one dimensional baddies.

I see the first one with the mask and scythe being a generic enemy and the one with the axe being a leader, just the vibe I get.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

15 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Huh, I don't remember hearing that. Where was this mentioned? 

9 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Mercedes? But her name isn't on the map...

It's possible her crest comes from her mother's side and she carries her father's last name.

Her noble house had fallen, so it's possible they lost their place on the map as well.

Now for my opinion: Lysithea seems cool. She kinda looks like short Robin.

10 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

That leaves one crest doesn't it? There was 22 crests on the mural, so we have Seiros', the Ten Greats' and now the Ten Saints', but what about the last one(and it's not Byleth's since that one wasn't present in the mural.

Byleth's crest is the 22nd. There are 21 crests around the edge of the mural, not 22.