Famitsu 3rd Preview: New villains, Weekend activties, Ashe and Lysithea

Kuki

All the protags seem to promote into "Lord" and gain Sword and Authority bonuses on top of their main weapons.

Thieves can now use Bows and Archers can now use Swords, which PKs also can use now (and are back to being female only). Knights also pick up Axes by default. PKs have Canto and apparently Armored units don't learn class skills? 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

y_5ce792d6ae2ad.jpg

Oh fuck, oh shit, she's cute.

Oh fuck, oh shit, i can no longer say with certainty that i'm choosing Black Eagles first.

She appears to be physically 12 but mentally 21.

Just now, LalaPony said:

Could Caron be Charon?

image.png.9f6b5fe84c4f4638c43803c65f4e9da4.png

Caron is the closest in name, but I believe Charon resides in Faerghus? The mountain range acts as a border between Faerghus and Leicester IIRC.

2 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

She appears to be physically 12 but mentally 21.

So, a kinda Nyx situation then? Though it's hard to tell going off a portrait and half a model. She's still cute though if she really is 12, then i'm gonna show some concerns about potential S-Supports. I didn't mind Byleth being able to romance his students (that is, assuming he can) because they all look to be at around the same age but now i might have concerns.

1 minute ago, User name said:

Poor Dimitri, he got shafted wiht his lord promotion, it gives you Swords and lances, but his main weapon is already a lance....

...Everyone of them keeps their main weapon and gains a Sword and Authority preference on promotion.

Don't know what you're saying.

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

So, a kinda Nyx situation then? Though it's hard to tell going off a portrait and half a model. She's still cute though if she really is 12, then i'm gonna show some concerns about potential S-Supports. I didn't mind Byleth being able to romance his students (that is, assuming he can) because they all look to be at around the same age but now i might have concerns.

Nothing supernatural, though. If her Paragon skill is hinting anything. Either she's prepubescent or she's flat.

Just now, Jayvee94 said:

Nothing supernatural, though. If her Paragon skill is hinting anything. Either she's prepubescent or she's flat.

She's a Cordelia expy.

Take a guess which it is.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

...Everyone of them keeps their main weapon and gains a Sword and Authority preference on promotion.

Nope. Lord has a sword, lance, and authority preference for all three lords. It threw me through a loop when I first noticed.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

Nope. Lord has a sword, lance, and authority preference for all three lords. It threw me through a loop when I first noticed.

...The hell?

That's... a mistake, right? It's gotta be... .

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It means Edelgard and Claude has additional weapon to go with(axe and bow) because its their main starting weapons, Dimitri's main is a lance.

I sincerely doubt that's the case with Lord.

They likely used the same text box and weapon ranks for all three of them because the class is "the same" in every other regard. It's the Lord class. Swords and authority for all three, but probably lances, axes, and bows for Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude.

##Lord  
A title given to those who stand above others. Skilled in swords and leadership.  
[Class skill] Charisma: When allies adjacent to unit enter combat, allies gain +3 Damage  

##Thief  
A thief skilled in opening locks. Has good Skl and Spd.
[Class skill] Steal: Unit can steal non-weapon items from enemies with lower Spd than self.  
[Class skill] Locktouch: Unit can open locks and chests without keys  

##Knight  
Infantry with high defensive power. Can stand in the frontlines as a reliable shield.  
{no skills LUL}  
Caption: This class may have no skill, but its defensive power is the best of the best. Very useful as a shield.  

##Pegasus Knight  
A knight soaring through the skies on a pegasus. Is strong against magic, but weak to bows. 
[Class skill] Canto: If unit has Mov remaining, unit can move again after taking an action  
[Class skill] Avo +10  
Caption: A female-only class {oof}. Can fly over rivers and mountains.  

##Archer  
[Class skill] Bow Range +1  

##Priest  
[Class skill] Heal: Can use Heal. If it has already been learnt, the number of times it can be used is doubled.  
[Class skill] White Magic Recovery +5: White Magic heals +5 more HP  
Caption: A class especially good at using White Magic. Will be useful as a healer.

36 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ferdinand

[Skill] Confidence: When HP is full, unit gains +15 Hit and Avo

*spit take* A carbon copy of Perfectionist, which was a pretty trash personal skill??? Really? Did they not learn from Fates??

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

A carbon copy of Perfectionist, which was a pretty trash personal skill??? Really? Did they not learn from Fates??

Some jank was bound to carry over, I'm just glad the rest of the personal skills aren't incredibly gimmicky like "Forged weapon with long name increases crit rate" or "When an adjacent ally crits you crit as well even though the enemy's most likely already dead".

6 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

Some jank was bound to carry over, I'm just glad the rest of the personal skills aren't incredibly gimmicky like "Forged weapon with long name increases crit rate" or "When an adjacent ally crits you crit as well even though the enemy's most likely already dead".

I guess, but yeah, I hope they avoid having too many ones that either are detrimental to the user or the team or are so specific you'd pretty much have to go out of your way to even use them (like this one!).