Famitsu 3rd Preview: New villains, Weekend activties, Ashe and Lysithea

Kuki

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many things so much new info where to start. 

First Death God Knight or however he will be called and Flame Emperor. We know that they are enemies of the church and we also know that the church or at least a part of it according to a leak is evil. So that could mean that they might become allies later in the game. From the Twitter post of the Knight I can really see this happening as for the Emperor I guess we can all agree that he is related to the Adrestian Empire maybe even to nobility but I would say that he isn’t Edelgard‘s father solely on the fact that he was the one that send the bandits to attack the lord trio at the beginning. Sure it’s not impossible and it’s Fire Emblem so it wouldn’t be strange but I simply hope it’s not.

Second the Rebellion  was already mentioned in a previous article if I remember correctly but it’s nice to see side characters that are connected to the events of the main story.

Third the Assist part is something I’m not completely happy about but while there is assisting for attack and defense and maybe a possible healing. It seems that one that won’t be a boost to stats and it might be possible that assists can’t be set during battle. Plus I don’t think every character can heal only those who are proficient in Faith magic but that’s just a theory.

Fourth the map gimmick and such seem really interesting I hope there will be some interesting maps. The classes and those are only intermediate classes just how many are there but I hope the Knight will at least have some really good boosts for his stats otherwise him having no class skill is just stupid I hope Intsys will still do something there. As for the gender thing, don’t care much I actually think it’s a good thing even. 

Fifth the Weekend is really filled with all kind of activities I hope not all activities reduce the bar otherwise it won’t be enough at all. Teacher training, fishing, gardening, cooking, it’s good that we are able to see what character like what and we can even get close with character from other classes so them becoming enemies later on seems less likely now, quest so many things so little bar.

Sixth new character info new Crests saints now as well and Lysithea, her character description plus her voice actor plus her ability, now if she also has a certain kind of personality she will be a second Tanya. For those who don’t Tanya is the main character of the anime/manga/Novel Youjou Senki or Saga of Tanya the Evil, lets say that she is quite the amazing character.

Edited by Alexios Blake

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I don't understand why should gender locked classes should be problem. It's gimmick that gives more personality both units and game itself 

I don't mind gender-locking as long as it doesn't affect original classes that were never gender-locked before. For example, I don't mind pegasus knight to be a female-only class. However, if wyvern rider becomes gender-locked, it'd be really disappointing.

15 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Well, some of best girls were wyvern riders so I agree on that. But I also think both genders should get their  own thing. Mercenaries/Heroes were male locked before irc? 

Unless you count Mareeta and Echidna.

I don't think gender locked classes are a problem, but I think most of the time it's less of a lock and more of "well, most Pegasus Knights we had were female, so I suppose the ones in the next game will be too." Keep in mind that this series had archetypes based on characters from the first game, which probably played into certain classes staying or becoming gender-locked.

===

...I like Lysithea. 

I doubt they would exclude wyvern rider tbh. Male units are able to level up their flying proficiency so for flying to be a female unit only thing, it would be stupid, so there is really no need to worry about anything.

Personally, I don't mind pegasus knight being female only, they have always been except in fates so I don't see why people would get mad, fe has 9/10 had gender locked classes

2 hours ago, Spectrum said:

I don't mind gender-locking as long as it doesn't affect original classes that were never gender-locked before. For example, I don't mind pegasus knight to be a female-only class. However, if wyvern rider becomes gender-locked, it'd be really disappointing.

I agree with this. I hope wyverns won't be gender locked to only guys, I really want to have female wyvern riders in this game. That being said, if they do allow girls to become either pegasus knights or wyvern riders, I wonder if we will have a choice between the two or if it will be more determined based on the unit's strengths/weapon levels (like higher proficiency in axes vs. proficiency in lances). 

1 minute ago, Calico said:

Does anyone know what the characters are saying here? Probably just variations of, "This food looks good! Let's eat." but I'm still curious.

Felix: "...Hm. Quite delicious."

Manuela: "This is excellent cooking. Good enough to be served up at a restaurant in the imperial capital."

Lysithea: "Hehe. Eating good food makes my worries go away."

Hubert: "I'm not very particular about food... But I am quite fond of this. *evil laugh*"

I don't get why people are fine with dark mage, brawler and pegasus knight genderlocked while wyvern rider would be a loss.

I mean, I don't like genderlocked classes at all, not because of Minerva or Camilla. Tharja, Nyx, Ophelia, etc were dark mages and make them male only in 3H doesn't make any sense. The new brawler class is just another poor choice since we finally get female fighters (edelgard and hilda being a good example) and get rid of the masculine jobs stereotypes. I mean, armored knight was another example doing right for Gwendoline and Effie. Could be male only? Yeah. But, why?

I hated the decission of archers being genderlocked in Echoes for the same reason.

I get that the pegasus knights from Fates were an exception. But, a good one. Subaki and Shigure are famous in Japan only because of being a male pegasus knights. And as you agreed, the don't pop out for their stats or their charisma. If we had more male pegasus knights, that would never happened. You could get more well written characters (or not) instead of doing the 'hey! look at me, I'm special' be their entire personality. Or at least have the liberty of playing the classes that I like without genderlock that's proven they could get rid off any time.

Obviusly, that's only my humble opinion and I don't intend to offend anyone with it.

PS: Sorry if my english is bad, I hope my reply makes sense.

Edited by KillianVermont

40 minutes ago, KillianVermont said:

I don't get why people are fine with dark mage, brawler and pegasus knight genderlocked while wyvern rider would be a loss.

I mean, I don't like genderlocked classes at all, not because of Minerva or Camilla. Tharja, Nyx, Ophelia, etc were dark mages and make them male only in 3H doesn't make any sense. The new brawler class is just another poor choice since we finally get female fighters (edelgard and hilda being a good example) and get rid of the masculine jobs stereotypes. I mean, armored knight was another example doing right for Gwendoline and Effie. Could be male only? Yeah. But, why?

I hated the decission of archers being genderlocked in Echoes for the same reason.

I get that the pegasus knights from Fates were an exception. But, a good one. Subaki and Shigure are famous in Japan only because of being a male pegasus knights. And as you agreed, the don't pop out for their stats or their charisma. If we had more male pegasus knights, that would never happened. You could get more well written characters (or not) instead of doing the 'hey! look at me, I'm special' be their entire personality. Or at least have the liberty of playing the classes that I like without genderlock that's proven they could get rid off any time.

Obviusly, that's only my humble opinion and I don't intend to offend anyone with it.

PS: Sorry if my english is bad, I hope my reply makes sense.

Don’t worry your english has no problems.

I get your points though I don’t completely agree with it. By making gender specific classes the world building can expand on that and make nice plot point out of it. For this particular game I partly agree with IS decision. Though I don’t understand why Dark Mages for Pegasus Knights and Brawlers I understand. The Pegasus Knights where combined with he Unicorn legend which is interesting as for the Brawlers this is just theory but from the Armor Raphael wears I believe the Brawler class is based on the Gladiators of Ancient Rome and they were solely men after all now I could see IS making a equivalent class for woman something like a Amazon class by example.

Edited by Alexios Blake

The only class that doesn't make sense imo is dark mage seeing as in every other game, dark mage is gender neutral. Brawler isn't as bad imo as like @Alexios Blake said they are probably based on gladiators which were males (also axe classes in general tend to be gender locked for males) and as for peg knights, they are traditionally female only too.

I feel like we may get a sister class (or maiden/priestess might be its name) which will be female only and have more focus on light magic and will be female only to contrast how dark mage is male only.

Sorry if what I said was a bit misunderstood. What I meant was pretty much what Azz said. I am completely alright with Pegasus Knights and Brawlers being gender locked but not with Dark Mages that one is just strange.

PS: How do I make it that names are made like above I am still new on this site and to tell the truth still a beginner with that kind of stuff.

Edited by Alexios Blake

26 minutes ago, Alexios Blake said:

Sorry if what I said was a bit misunderstood. What I meant was pretty much what Azz said. I am completely alright with Pegasus Knights and Brawlers being gender locked but not with Dark Mages that one is just strange.

PS: How do I make it that names are made like above I am still new on this site and to tell the truth still a beginner with that kind of stuff.

Just put an @ before the name 

like @Azz or @Alexios Blake

1 hour ago, Alexios Blake said:

Don’t worry your english has no problems.

I get your points though I don’t completely agree with it. By making gender specific classes the world building can expand on that and make nice plot point out of it. For this particular game I partly agree with IS decision. Though I don’t understand why Dark Mages for Pegasus Knights and Brawlers I understand. The Pegasus Knights where combined with he Unicorn legend which is interesting as for the Brawlers this is just theory but from the Armor Rapfael wears I believe the Brawler class is based on the Gladiators of Ancient Rome and they were solely men after all now I could see IS making a equivalent class for woman something like a Amazon class by example.

Thank you! That gives me a little bit of confidence.

I think the amazon class could fit Pegasus Knight in that sense. Still disliking the genderlock but I get your point.

If they decide, out of nowhere, that the manakete class is female only in 3H, I would be pissed off the same as I am with Dark Mage. I mean, we had male manaketes before, but somehow, despite there isn't any lore restriction, we usually get a female. In my opinion, that's a bad trend. In any case, Dark Mage doesn't work that way. We really get to decide which class we play with and in a game with a class system that allows so much freedom, genderlock feels really bad for me.

I believe the other female only class could be troubadour (faith+riding). They were female only before, and in this case, that has nothing to do with the unicorn myth. They simply love a female spamming cures for some reason. 

Edited by KillianVermont

13 hours ago, Kiran_ said:

Otherwise, I think Blue Lions have been sealed for me (at least for my first playthrough, but to get replay value I really hope they have  New Game+ option where I can keep some of my upgrades and do the other houses).

I'm still not sure who to pick! ?

Edelgard is an amazing design and seems to be the "main" lord, but only has a few students I'm interested in.

Dimitri is my least favourite of the lords but has the most students I like.

Claude is also an amazing design and has a couple of my favourite students and a couple that are extremely forgettable.

Honestly I'm leaning towards Golden Deer for the first run unless we learn that Edelgard is the "canon" route or there's a major story reason for picking her first.

@Book Bro this is only a theory but based on the fact that you can also bond with students from other classes I believe that they will become playable later on in the game but you won’t be able to choose their classes. So depending on the class you choose what changes will mostly be your initial characters and the story route. Again just a theory I might be wrong.