Famitsu 3rd Preview: New villains, Weekend activties, Ashe and Lysithea

Kuki

49 minutes ago, KillianVermont said:

Thank you! That gives me a little bit of confidence.

I think the amazon class could fit Pegasus Knight in that sense. Still disliking the genderlock but I get your point.

If they decide, out of nowhere, that the manakete class is female only in 3H, I would be pissed off the same as I am with Dark Mage. I mean, we had male manaketes before, but somehow, despite there isn't any lore restriction, we usually get a female. In my opinion, that's a bad trend. In any case, Dark Mage doesn't work that way. We really get to decide which class we play with and in a game with a class system that allows so much freedom, genderlock feels really bad for me.

I believe the other female only class could be troubadour (faith+riding). They were female only before, and in this case, that has nothing to do with the unicorn myth. They simply love a female spamming cures for some reason. 

I think the other female only class will be an equivalent to the Dark Mage, with Faith and Reason focus, most likely called Priestess or Cleric, and focuses more on the offensive Faith magic in a similar vain to Dark Magic focusing on the Dark magic vein of Reason Magic.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I must compare everything to Xenoblade 2, I'm guessing the Flame Emperor's faction will be like Torna. On an unrelated note, will the Flame Emperor turn out to be Edelgard's supposedly dead older brother? Catherine also seems like a Camus for some reason, if the Church turns out to be evil. Alois seems like he'd be conflicted if the Church is bad, maybe he'll be a Lorenz instead (unrelated to this game's Lorenz, presumably).

I'm wondering just how long this game is. One month equals one chapter, but how many "traditional" battles will there be? Will there be multiple battles per month/chapter? How many chapters will there be?

Anyway, some crest stuff (spoliered for length):

Spoiler

Out of 25 playable characters so far (eight students from each house plus Byleth), we have eleven known crest bearers out of 22 crests:

1. Byleth
  2. Edelgard
  3. Ferdinand
  4. Bernadetta
  5. Dimitri
  6. Felix
  7. Mercedes
  8. Claude
  9. Lorenz
  10. Hilda
  11. Lysithea

Oddly, the Golden Deer have the most crests thus far despite apparently having the most commoners.

Out of the covered characters who don't have crests (Hubert, Dorothea, Dedue, Raphael, and Ashe), Hubert is the only noble (Ashe technically is but he wasn't born into nobility). Petra, Linhardt, Caspar, Annette, Sylvain, Ingrid, Leonie, Ignace, and Marianne have not been covered yet, but...

• The remaining Black Eagles are all nobles based on Dorothea's description, but we don't know if they have crests.
  • Annette might be a commoner if she has a prior friendship with Mercedes, who is a commoner in Faerghus.
  • Sylvain has a middle name so he's probably a noble and has a crest.
  • Ignace is from a merchant family, so he's a commoner. 
  • We don't know enough about Ingrid, Marianne, and Leonie to make judgments regarding them.

And based on their full names, Hanneman is of nobility while Manuela is not.

Sylvain's family 100% has a crest at least because the black beast in the feb direct showed it using a crest stone of Gautier, which is his last name. Not confirmed that he himself has one because there is a chance he might not inherit it but i'd be willing to bet he will almost certainly have one.

Honestly, at least from my perspective, female dark mages have never been all that good, or at the least inferior to their make counterparts.

Tharja and Nyx for example are pretty eh compared to Henry and Odin, and then of course there's Sophia...enough said there.

Do you guys think each class having 3 class skill slots will mean that each class will have 3 skills when maxed out? Or a maximum of three class skills? Because some classes like Knight having no notable class skills, while classes like Lord have one, and then classes like Pegasus Knight and Priest have two, it seems a bit strange that they would all get 3 skills by the end of the class.

On 5/29/2019 at 7:22 AM, User name said:

She talks!

z_5ce7920e48880.thumb.jpg.b826769f0bf08cee0aca06b6494009ed.jpg

Why ?...
Not only does she talk, not only is her face different then the others, but her eyes are empty as the words and soul of Dracula. OOF.

Meanwhile, the anti-messiah, also called pair-up is back, woohoo, definitely something we needed. Yup. Totally.
Hopefully it won't be a stupid thing like Awakening, or a constant headache like Fates. I hoped they would just give up on it after seeing how much of a mess it is, but noooope. We really needed that piece of gameplay.

Never overestimate IS, even a tiny bit, it won't end up well for you. ?

10 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Honestly, at least from my perspective, female dark mages have never been all that good, or at the least inferior to their make counterparts.

Tharja and Nyx for example are pretty eh compared to Henry and Odin, and then of course there's Sophia...enough said there.

I actually find Tharja and Nyx are better than Henry and Odin.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Since I must compare everything to Xenoblade 2, I'm guessing the Flame Emperor's faction will be like Torna. On an unrelated note, will the Flame Emperor turn out to be Edelgard's supposedly dead older brother? Catherine also seems like a Camus for some reason, if the Church turns out to be evil. Alois seems like he'd be conflicted if the Church is bad, maybe he'll be a Lorenz instead (unrelated to this game's Lorenz, presumably).

I'm wondering just how long this game is. One month equals one chapter, but how many "traditional" battles will there be? Will there be multiple battles per month/chapter? How many chapters will there be?

Anyway, some crest stuff (spoliered for length):

Hide contents

Out of 25 playable characters so far (eight students from each house plus Byleth), we have eleven known crest bearers out of 22 crests:

1. Byleth
  2. Edelgard
  3. Ferdinand
  4. Bernadetta
  5. Dimitri
  6. Felix
  7. Mercedes
  8. Claude
  9. Lorenz
  10. Hilda
  11. Lysithea

Oddly, the Golden Deer have the most crests thus far despite apparently having the most commoners.

Out of the covered characters who don't have crests (Hubert, Dorothea, Dedue, Raphael, and Ashe), Hubert is the only noble (Ashe technically is but he wasn't born into nobility). Petra, Linhardt, Caspar, Annette, Sylvain, Ingrid, Leonie, Ignace, and Marianne have not been covered yet, but...

• The remaining Black Eagles are all nobles based on Dorothea's description, but we don't know if they have crests.
  • Annette might be a commoner if she has a prior friendship with Mercedes, who is a commoner in Faerghus.
  • Sylvain has a middle name so he's probably a noble and has a crest.
  • Ignace is from a merchant family, so he's a commoner. 
  • We don't know enough about Ingrid, Marianne, and Leonie to make judgments regarding them.

And based on their full names, Hanneman is of nobility while Manuela is not.

In regards to Annette, she knows Mercedes from the magic academy in the kingdom's capital, which Lorenz also attended, so I would say her being a noble is high, imo.

As fr Sylvain, we know the crest of Gautier exists, so I think it's safe to say Sylvain has a crest. We also know Ingrid is noble from teh recent famitsu where her sidequest with Dorothea refers to her thinking of marrying a foreign noble man (who according to Dorothea is corrupt possibly) to rebuild her noble house.

If we were to break it down:

Spoiler

7 nobles in Black Eagles, so far three of them have crests, with one noble not having a crest. BE seems to have crests based off saints and based on the mural there is maybe like 5 or 7 saints (including Seiros) (Though I believe it is seven)

5 confirmed nobles in Blue Lions with Annette maybe being one. Mercedes is formerly a noble but she has a crest so I'm counting her unofficially as a noble. I feel like Annette may be a minor noble akin to Hubert in that she doesn't have a crest (or Ingrid maybe, which could make sense since her family is is bad times which could be because of their minor status maybe. Either way, one of them has a crest and one doesn't)

We have 4 confirmed nobles in Golden Deer, with a potential of a 5th one since the 4th crest on the flag is still MIA. We know Ignace is a commoner, so that leaves Marianne and Leonie as the remaining options, and Marianne leans more noble imo, so she could be the 5th.

So for crests, we have 5 in both BL and GD, which consists of crests from the Ten Greats (The holders being Dimitri, Felix, Mercedes, Sylvain and Ingrid/Annette from BL and Claude, Lorenz, Hilda, Lysithea and Marianne (possibly) from GL). Then we have 3 crests so far from BE and there is 4 faded out crests that I think most are theorising are 'bad' crests of people who betrayed Seiros and sided with Nemesis, which leaves 5 'good' crests which fills up the rest of the BE and leaves one remainder.

I believe, to balance it out, only 5 of the BE will have crests so that leaves 6 with 4 being 'bad' so 2 crests probably belong to npcs (possibly Rhea being one)

9 minutes ago, Lodestar65 said:

I know some people are pretty upset about Dark Mages being male only, but this actually isn't the first time it's been like this. They were also male exclusive in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery.

Exactly. At least there is a precedent for Dark Mage and Pegasus Knight to be gender locked.

16 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Why ?...
Not only does she talk, not only is her face different then the others, but her eyes are empty as the words and soul of Dracula. OOF.

Meanwhile, the anti-messiah, also called pair-up is back, woohoo, definitely something we needed. Yup. Totally.
Hopefully it won't be a stupid thing like Awakening, or a constant headache like Fates. I hoped they would just give up on it after seeing how much of a mess it is, but noooope. We really needed that piece of gameplay.

Never overestimate IS, even a tiny bit, it won't end up well for you. ?

Pair up is actually quite restricted when compared to before. First of all it isn’t even usable at the beginning and even after it has become usable there is a limit with how many pairs you can have per battle, which by the way leads me to believe that you can only set up pair before battle not during. As for the pair up themselves while they can attack defend partly and even heal ( probably depends on character or maybe on Items) the most overpowered part of it the stats boost wasn’t mentioned so it could very well be that there won’t be any.

23 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Do you guys think each class having 3 class skill slots will mean that each class will have 3 skills when maxed out? Or a maximum of three class skills? Because some classes like Knight having no notable class skills, while classes like Lord have one, and then classes like Pegasus Knight and Priest have two, it seems a bit strange that they would all get 3 skills by the end of the class.

"By the end of the class" do you mean maxing out that specific class, or the entire promotional line? We know class skills are locked to that class, but... surely they'll be available to further promotions of the line, considering some of them are fairly basic/essential (e.g., lockpicking/stealing; canto). 

I doubt the intermediate classes we've seen will fill their 3 skill slots, but I'm also skeptical that there'll only be three 3 class skills in a given promotional line, since some intermediates already have 2. Maybe we'll be able to pick and choose within the lines' skills if there are more than 3 total. 

47 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If by Torna situation you mean that the Flame Emperor was a follower of Seiros or something, and then cast aside for whatever reason and a grudge against her filled the hole ripped open by her, I could very easily see that, but a simple question, how would he be able to live that long, unless some crest shenanigans made him immortal or some s***

I think it's more likely the Flame Emperor was experimented on by the Church, attempting to "unlock" his Crest's true power, leaving him physically and emotionally scarred, and allowing him to create fighters of the crest energy, to do his bidding, known as the Reaper Knights.

2 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

"By the end of the class" do you mean maxing out that specific class, or the entire promotional line? We know class skills are locked to that class, but... surely they'll be available to further promotions of the line, considering some of them are fairly basic/essential (e.g., lockpicking/stealing; canto). 

I doubt the intermediate classes we've seen will fill their 3 skill slots, but I'm also skeptical that there'll only be three 3 class skills in a given promotional line, since some intermediates already have 2. Maybe we'll be able to pick and choose within the lines' skills if there are more than 3 total. 

I'd imagine skills like Canto will be carried over to promoted mounted units, but as for skills like Avoid +10 on the Pegasus Knight I can very easily see that getting replaced. I think it's more likely the class skills will be unique to the class and not the tree, and skills like Canto will be accessed through any mounted class.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

I'm still not sure who to pick! ?

Edelgard is an amazing design and seems to be the "main" lord, but only has a few students I'm interested in.

Dimitri is my least favourite of the lords but has the most students I like.

Claude is also an amazing design and has a couple of my favourite students and a couple that are extremely forgettable.

That's pretty much my problem. 

Claude won me over as the best lord from a very early stage and I like some of his students but others seem a bit bland.

Dimitri instantly became the lord I was least interested in but his faction has students I really look forward to like Mercedes or Ashe.

And Edgelord is a bit in between. I like both the lord and the students but the students lose out to the blue Lions and she herself to Claude. 

Guys, Flame Emperor is Edelgard's "Savitar" come now, he even has feathers on him, And he has a axe,and his colors are not just Adrastias, its just Edelgards Noble outfit.

Edelgard class name is Black Eagles, eagle is a type of the bird. And Flame Emperor's armor is decorate with eagle like feathers.

It wouldn't suprise me to be honest.

4 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

If by Torna situation you mean that the Flame Emperor was a follower of Seiros or something, and then cast aside for whatever reason and a grudge against her filled the hole ripped open by her, I could very easily see that, but a simple question, how would he be able to live that long, unless some crest shenanigans made him immortal or some s***

Well even not looking at that, at it's most basic level we have a terrorist faction that is an enemy of the church, which is exactly what the Torna organization and Indol were in Xenoblade 2. Now, whether or not the actual circumstances are similar remain to be seen.

Now then, regarding gender locked classes, i actually don't mind. It's a big whatever, just deal with it. Even Fates had some gender locked classes.

31 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Exactly. At least there is a precedent for Dark Mage and Pegasus Knight to be gender locked.

Archers were genderlocked in Echoes and that doesn't make it right. Same with Fighters and some other classes.

I could see Caspar, Ingrid and Marianne with crests. I think Leonie and Annette would be commoners.

The photo of Byleth in the cafeteria with students from differents houses makes me wonder if we'll recruit them later in the story. I hope we will or we'll get a revelation-like dlc with all of the students. I want them all in a single playthrough but I prefer not to pay an exorbitant amount of money for that.

3 minutes ago, KillianVermont said:

Archers were genderlocked in Echoes and that doesn't make it right. Same with Fighters and some other classes.

Most classes in Echoes were gender locked (mercenaries and soldiers were locked as well to males and only females could be clerics and pegasus knights) but that is mainly because of the fact that's how it was in Gaiden. There only reason people were so uppity about archer is because Faye is an archer in FEH.

31 minutes ago, Azz said:

Most classes in Echoes were gender locked (mercenaries and soldiers were locked as well to males and only females could be clerics and pegasus knights) but that is mainly because of the fact that's how it was in Gaiden. There only reason people were so uppity about archer is because Faye is an archer in FEH.

I don't really care about FEH. Soldiers and Mercenaries are locked in other games too, same with Clerics. I think that's the only game in the series (with Gaiden) where Archers are only a male class. I don't say that the other genderlocked classes were right because I despised that too.

We could discuss Pirates but I used the Archer's example because I think it's more actual. And I believe more people could agree that was a bad decission. I saw less people angry about Mercenaries, Clerics or Soldiers and that didn't contribute to world building or lore in any way. They simply didn't care enough to complain about it or they considered that make sense in a stereotypical way. Or maybe Archers made more noise, idk.

I suppose something similar to how some people don't care about genderlocked Dark Mages, Brawlers or Pegasus Knights but they do care about Wyvern Riders.

I honestly don't like any type of genderlock.

Edited by KillianVermont

2 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Bs_fe03_enemy_pegasusknight_male_lance.pBs_fe03_enemy_pegasusknight_female_lance

Here you go.

The former happens to use the same mount sprite used by enemy dracoknights... That sounds like a copy & paste job to me.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

1 hour ago, Florete said:

I actually find Tharja and Nyx are better than Henry and Odin.

Honestly, I consider Nyx among the absolute worst Nohrian units - her good speed and magic are compromised by shit skill. In fact, Ophelia's the only dark mage worth using in Fates. Tharja's poor skill and luck likewise restrict her to needing to use wind or fire magic for her accuracy to not be complete ass.

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 hours ago, Book Bro said:

I'm still not sure who to pick! ?

Edelgard is an amazing design and seems to be the "main" lord, but only has a few students I'm interested in.

Dimitri is my least favourite of the lords but has the most students I like.

Claude is also an amazing design and has a couple of my favourite students and a couple that are extremely forgettable.

Honestly I'm leaning towards Golden Deer for the first run unless we learn that Edelgard is the "canon" route or there's a major story reason for picking her first.

I feel like I'm right there with you! Dimitri is by far my least favorite lord, but I like every other student revealed so far!! Claude is my favorite lord, but I only like 2-3 of the students. And Edelgard also has an amazing design (axe lady ftw), but has 4-5 students I like. I really wanted to do Golden Deer, but it has the least amount of students I like. And yeah, I'm thinking Edelgard is the "canon" route, but it's hard to tell right now to be sure.

On the topic of gender-locked classes, I don't get the premise of "well these two male gendered pegasus knights sucked, and therefore they shouldn't exist" or "I found these two male dark mages better and therefore, females are useless in this class". The reason those characters sucked (or didn't) had nothing to do with their genders, just the way their stats were distributed by choices of the developers. 

I don't think ANY classes overall should be gender-locked. It's not just a problem with this game, I've had a problem with gender-locked classes since the beginning of Fire Emblem and for all Fates did wrong, I think it took a step in the right direction with unbinding some of those restrictions. I'm glad things like Brigand aren't gender-locked, but for a game that focuses on customization, I just want the freedom to make my characters completely unique. I want cute-boy Ashe to be a pegasus knight, because I think he'd be super gentle with the Pegasi. But you know, it's fine (I guessss). 

If we don't get information on the magic system next issue I'll not be a happy Hawlucha, it's the one gameplay feature I'm desperate to know about since going off of spell descriptions for Fire; Miasma Delta and Heal, uses seem to be assigned on a map by map basis, but god I need to know more.

14 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

If we don't get information on the magic system next issue I'll not be a happy Hawlucha, it's the one gameplay feature I'm desperate to know about since going off of spell descriptions for Fire; Miasma Delta and Heal, uses seem to be assigned on a map by map basis, but god I need to know more.

It seems that spells have durability but unlike weapons they don't get destroyed you just can't use them anymore in a map after the durability is gone. It's probably supposed to be a balance between Valentia magic and durability. What I wanna know is, how are they learnt? Like do units get them by levelling up like in SoV, do you buy scrolls from the shop and give them to characters, do they get spells as they increase their ranks is reason and faith respectfully? With how each student can become a magic class, I'm assuming all of them will have a spell list (if they do learn spells by levelling up).

Does anyone else think that the stroll gauge seems rather small? 1 to start, and a seeming late-game maximum of 3, when there is a bunch of stuff available; almost all of which cost a stroll point, and some of which expire?

I guess this concern at least partially stems from a growing concern of mine that the teaching system might be a bit too complex. I love when gameplay mechanics have plenty of depth, but I'm not a fan of complexity. I'm just a bit concerned that I'll be wracking my head trying to get the most out of every decision when training my units instead of just enjoying the game. 

Anyway, I'm glad to hear more about the different characters and classes.