Famitsu 3rd Preview: New villains, Weekend activties, Ashe and Lysithea

Kuki

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Like stated, Hoshido's an exception since their pegasi are a different breed. Anyhow I'm not that bothered by pegasus knights being female only again since Subaki was pretty terrible, and Shigure was meh.

Yeah, I don't really get all the fuss about Pegasus Knight's going back to female only. It's not really a class I ever wanted to put a guy in anyway.

And as you said, the male Pegasus Knights we got in Fates were eh at best.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t get where people are coming from saying Lysithea is young looking tbh. Like she doesn’t look any more young than the rest of the cast, she’s just flat. I can easily argue that a ton of the roster “look young” but I don’t think any of them are gonna be like Child Prodigies where they’re significantly underage.

4 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

"Dumplings of the Egil duke."

That's it, this is my official nickname for Ferdinand. Never change google translate never change.

It wont stop translating the Golden Deer as "Kinka's Class", I'm totally calling Claude "Kinka" from now on.

I can't believe this edition of Famitsu contained within it my new profile picture.

I hope to see a translated summary of this all somewhere.  Reading it through Google Translate... well, all I can really say is:

U67gA7j.png

New Crests means an update of my chart! (Thanks VincentASM for those in the analysis). (And welcome back after the updates!)

Spoiler

R8hbkwl.png

So far, no pattern is emerging. Mercedes' Crest is in an odd spot because she is originally from the Adrestian Empire, but is part of the Blue Lions. So, if I made the Crest of Lamine Red instead, then everything seems to be in regions based of their origins. Just a trend, but with still so many unknown crests it is unlikely to hold up.

I can't believe the site underwent 24 hour maintenance right as we got the biggest 3H info dump so far, haha, I was dying to see speculation and translations. Thankfully Vincent's analyses were still available during the downtime.

Anyway, the game is looking a lot better. Not such a huge fan of all the "extra" activities like fishing and gardening, but sidequests are nice to have. Interesting to see Ashe have a pretty important connection to the story, hope other non-lord characters will too.

Since the male gender locked classes (brigand and dark mage) had non-gender locked equivalents with the same weapon proficiency we can probably also expect a wyvern rider clase with sword and lance proficiency 

15 minutes ago, KillianVermont said:

Genderlocked classes really pissed me off. They never learn...

Personally, I'd be more inclined to be pissed off about the return of gender-locked classes were it not for the fact that the units that ended up in normally gender-locked classes in Fates and were the opposite gender of the gender that they were locked to were so damn bad (Rinkah, Charlotte, Subaki, Shigure).

Edited by Shadow Mir

11 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Since the male gender locked classes (brigand and dark mage) had non-gender locked equivalents with the same weapon proficiency we can probably also expect a wyvern rider clase with sword and lance proficiency 

Brigand isn't gender-locked, but the fighter with punch is male only.

Also, I don't mind if gender-locked class are back. there always have gender-locked class in FE.

23 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Like stated, Hoshido's an exception since their pegasi are a different breed. Anyhow I'm not that bothered by pegasus knights being female only again since Subaki was pretty terrible, and Shigure was meh.

I could go on longer, but I'll just say Mystery of the Emblem enemy units.

23 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

You are actually correct. It's said that Hoshido's pegasi are a different breed. They're actually specifically called Tenma in the Japanese version (this was sadly excluded from the English localization).

The japanese Fire Emblem games have called regular Pegasi, Tenma, all the time as its  merely Pegasus in Japanese. See Pegasus Knight band being Tenma kishi no udewa.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

I'm actually amazed. Looks like there's a lot of content. The battle system, map designs, classes skills and weapons all look pretty good. -I really hope wyvern riders don't get gender-locked-

I'm super hyped for the game, so I really don't want it to disappoint. 

Edited by Spectrum

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

I can't believe the site underwent 24 hour maintenance right as we got the biggest 3H info dump so far, haha, I was dying to see speculation and translations. Thankfully Vincent's analyses were still available during the downtime.

Anyway, the game is looking a lot better. Not such a huge fan of all the "extra" activities like fishing and gardening, but sidequests are nice to have. Interesting to see Ashe have a pretty important connection to the story, hope other non-lord characters will too.

Omg but actually. I woke up to all the analysis and got SO excited to jump on and MAINTENANCE. Haha. Man I realized how much of my workday I spend browsing forums about games. Oops.

I also agree, I HATE fishing as a mini game. Hated it Final Fantasy, hate it now. Hate it in some other game I can't quite think of that also had it too. Gardening I mind slightly, slightly less, but even then. At least I know what I WON'T be using my limited gauge for.

Otherwise, I think Blue Lions have been sealed for me (at least for my first playthrough, but to get replay value I really hope they have  New Game+ option where I can keep some of my upgrades and do the other houses). I'm super excited Pair-Up is back and I really love the fact that classes aren't really limited to what weapons they can use, but still have specialization!

I just wish magic wasn't so locked, because I really want some magic wielding armors. Haha. I might actually use them if that were the case. At first the limited use of the Venture/Stroll gauge had me worried, but it definitely reminds me of Persona and I loved having to choose what I did/who I built up, because it made it so much more thrilling to meet goals/strategize.

I can see why they added it, because it really adds a whole new layer of strategy to the game (and the game is first and foremost a strategy game). Also I think it will help make the game feel a lot longer and will hopefully develop the characters a lot more! I'm excited to see the rest of the higher tier classes though the ones we have look good!

Also wonder what the higher tier of the 3 Main Lords are going to be and if they're going to be more unique than what they are right now! 

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I could go on longer, but I'll just say Mystery of the Emblem enemy units.

Two words: Copy & paste.

2 hours ago, Lord_Grima said:

New Crests means an update of my chart! (Thanks VincentASM for those in the analysis). (And welcome back after the updates!)

Reveal hidden contents

R8hbkwl.png

So far, no pattern is emerging. Mercedes' Crest is in an odd spot because she is originally from the Adrestian Empire, but is part of the Blue Lions. So, if I made the Crest of Lamine Red instead, then everything seems to be in regions based of their origins. Just a trend, but with still so many unknown crests it is unlikely to hold up.

You know looking at this chart, it makes me think that each house wiil have 5 crest bearers.

And i think that the top 5 crests all belong to the Saints. They lined up perfectly next to each other, and so far 3 ot 5, belong to Black Eagles students.

We now have commoners, nobles, noble-born commoners and commoner-born nobles. I hope this doesn't necessarily complicate things.

If we have 5 Saints and 10 Greats, there will be six more out of 21. How many crests are damaged?

5 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

We now have commoners, nobles, noble-born commoners and commoner-born nobles. I hope this doesn't necessarily complicate things.

If we have 5 Saints and 10 Greats, there will be six more out of 21. How many crests are damaged?

Five, but even with that, if we assume that each house has 5 crest each(+ byleth's), it stil leaves one crest unaccounted for...

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Personally, I'd be more inclined to be pissed off about the return of gender-locked classes were it not for the fact that the units that ended up in normally gender-locked classes in Fates and were the opposite gender of the gender that they were locked to were so damn bad (Rinkah, Charlotte, Subaki, Shigure).

You can't really fault the classes being opened to the other gender for those units sucking, it was just the units were poorly designed and you have to chock it up to the people who designed them in the first place.  Subaki sucked not because he was a male pegasus knight, and Rinkah didn't suck because she was a female fighter, but because the developers thought it'd be "balanced" to make physical units with shitty strength and weird weapon options.  It was especially stupid in Rinkah's case because the stat is in stark contrast to her physical appearance of a super ripped woman with hardened abs.  I'd just say the devs had their heads up their asses in those units' cases.

And in Charlotte's case, she was designed pretty much exactly like a traditional FE axe fighter.  It's more a testament to how awful the template is (at least in a FE game like Fates) than how bad the idea of a female fighter is.

2 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

That's kind of what I was thinking, tbh.

I personally would find it a bit suspect that they're making wyverns exclusive to males, but at the same time it's equally - if not more - suspect if we could only have females be fliers, particularly when males can learn the flying proficiency as well.

Also, folks in another thread were fretting about Bernadetta being a smut writer.  However, between her convo with Byleth where she was making sweets in her room and being good with cooking in the cooking activity, I think her "mysterious hobby" is just making food.  In other words, she's probably the ideal waifu of Raphael, and would feed into Gaius's worst addictions.