Famitsu 3rd Preview: New villains, Weekend activties, Ashe and Lysithea

Kuki

Evil looking guys are EVIL! Who would have thought.

Also fishing! So you guys DO realize that this is going to be the best persona, Kiseki, FE game because it has fishing right?

All games with fishing are the best!

It seams Ferdinand,Beranadetta,Mercedes and Lysithea have crests.

Edited by User name

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, User name said:

Also fishing! So you guys DO realize that this is going to be the best persona, Kiseki, FE game because it has fishing.

All games with fishing are the best!

I'm not sure I agree with their decision to lock the true ending behind your progress in the fishing mini game, or requiring you to be at least A rank in fishing skill to save a certain character from dying.

Skinship 2: Electric Boogaloo is going to be the best mini-game, let's be honest.

Edited by NekoKnight

Ok, so this just contradicted our crest theory.  Mercedes has a crest even though her surname Martriz isn't on the map. Additionally, I read on this site that Lysithea's last name is Cordelia, her name also isn't on the map, yet she too has a crest.

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE. But we do have fishing, I just hope it won't be like Sonic adventure fishing.

Edited by SpiceMan

8 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Ok, so this just contradicted our crest theory.  Mercedes has a crest even though her surname Martriz isn't on the map. Additionally, I read on this site that Lysithea's last name is Cordelia, her name also isn't on the map, yet she too has a crest.

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE. But we do have fishing, I just hope it won't be like Sonic adventure fishing.

Actually, it may be that her last name is Ordelia, which is on the map.

I'm joining the official Protect Bernadetta Squad. I'm very week against shy characters and she's just too cute.

As for the new article I'm looking forward to learning more about those evil looking dudes. I'm betting they're just mooks but I'm lowkey hoping they ARE characters. If written well they could be interesting and I happen to be a huge fan of straight up trash villains that have reasonable goals and are charismatic. Ashnard sort of comes close but they went ham with the strength obsession making him aggravating at times. I didn't even enjoy hating the dude. Every single villain being some morally conflicted character gets boring and lessons the impact of each character if there's too many in a game like this. However, villains like Garon are boring as well since he fell flat. His past before slime man serves to add "depth" to Xander's character(even then it failed there. We never see kind Garon and Xander contradicts himself) and expecting Corrin to trust the man who blatantly hates him is just stupid. Please, just give me a trashy bastard that's fun to hate on while making sense as a character.

Excuse the rant I wonder what purpose fishing will serve and why a teacher is doing it. Does everyone contribute to the food supply? A hobby that Byleth is into for whatever reason?? A weird training exercise???

3 minutes ago, Kaminari said:

I'm very excited about fishing.

Also really enjoying the villains + Lysithea's design, I echo the sentiment to see if scythes are their own weapon type.

I doubt it. Heroes has a scythe in it and it's classified as an axe. It'll likely be the same here.

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I doubt it. Heroes has a scythe in it and it's classified as an axe. It'll likely be the same here.

Thats nice and all, but can Edelgard wield it? And become an actual Edgelord?

1 hour ago, SpiceMan said:

There are two things to ad there, so far all the crest were of the ten greats so maybe her Crest is from a less importan hero so he wasn’t given any land or maybe her Crest comes from her mother’s bloodline and she has taken the name of her father or the other way around maybe. Naturally it could also be that she changed her name when she traveled to the Kingsom.

By the loooks of it, the article is also going to talk about a quest system of sorts.

There is also a shot of Fodlan map with locations/missions, i assume this(one of ways) how we can spend our Instructor points to go to battle, and grind exp.

It seems only the crests of Mercedes and Lysithea come from ten heroes of Fodlan, because they got フォドラ十傑 in descriptions.

As for Ferdinand and Bernadetta, I somewhat feel like the first two words are 聖者(aka. Saint).

Heh, those are some pretty villainous characters alright.

Here's my mini-analysis:

https://serenesforest.net/2019/05/28/three-houses-famitsu-preview-scary-villains-activities-battle-system/

I think the only important tidbit (for me) is Ferdinand and Bernadetta not having crests from the Ten Greats, mentioned by @ayahitaisyou. But they already said that crests were bestowed to heroes and saints--and we only have 10 heroes (plus Seiros) and 21 crests. So there need to be 10 more non-heroes.

Edited by VincentASM

I was tied of generic bad mage looks so this is refreshing even though it's obvious what role they're playing. They have awesome designs.

They're revealing these dudes quite early so I have a feeling they're gonna be what introduces the story of the Church(at least part of it) being bad, and by the end they're not the enemy. Imagine if the reason they are masked is because they're hiding their monstrous appearance as the Church experimented on their forms using their crests. Imagine if they're playable really late game with their masks removed.

Just realised this is from the 13th of June issue so we're not gonna actually get everything for another 2 weeks.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

14 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

They're revealing these dudes quite early so I have a feeling they're gonna be what introduces the story of the Church(at least part of it) being bad, and by the end they're not the enemy. Imagine if the reason they are masked is because they're hiding their monstrous appearance as the Church experimented on their forms using their crests. Imagine if they're playable really late game with their masks removed.

Just realised this is from the 13th of June issue so we're not gonna actually get everything for another 2 weeks.

The 13th of June issue will sell on May 30th. Japanese Megazines always sell issues long before actual date.

3 minutes ago, ayahitaisyou said:

The 13th of June issue will sell on May 30th. Japanese Megazines always sell issues long before actual date.

So we'll most likely get scans of this issue tomorrow?

4 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Skinship 2: Electric Boogaloo is going to be the best mini-game, let's be honest.

Skinship ! With your father ! Skinship with your father !

I wonder if the Flame Emperor's name and the Pokemon TCG fire symbols on his epaulettes, as well as the RBY color scheme of the game's heroes, suggests the existence of an Ice Emperor and Thunder Emperor.

16 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

I wonder if the Flame Emperor's name and the Pokemon TCG fire symbols on his epaulettes, as well as the RBY color scheme of the game's heroes, suggests the existence of an Ice Emperor and Thunder Emperor.

I just hope that if there are 3 of them they are unmasked and have actual characters rather than being one note baddies, which I hope isn't true.

2 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

So we'll most likely get scans of this issue tomorrow?

Yes that's correct funny since I said this week forward will be great and it is!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

I'm going to be honest: I'm not happy. I've always had great respect for the Serene's Forest community, so seeing what I'm seeing from you guys right now...

To be frank, it disgusts me.

Just because a character wears a creepy skull mask and wields a villain, it doesn't make them a villain. Maybe he does charity work on Saturday. Probably he bathes in the blood of the innocent. Either way, we can't judge him for his lifestyle choices. As for the other fellow, who looks like a cross between an Inquisitor and Jack of Blades, he's probably a thoroughly decent person, despite his glowing eyes, flame motif and 6 foot-long helmet dyed blood red. We need to bring this community back to where it was, and accept that just because a character is probably a literal spawn of hell who indulges in occasional mass-murder and torment of others, they aren't a bad person.