Famitsu 3rd Preview: New villains, Weekend activties, Ashe and Lysithea

Kuki

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, User name said:

There is also 5 "damaged" crests on the mural, i wonder if they belong to Saints or Greats, maybe they are from someone who betrayed Seiros and sided with Nemesis?

We'll see soon I figure the 10 greats sided with him while the 10 saints could side with Seiros long ago of course this is a theory.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

2 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

We'll see soon I figure the 10 greats sided with him while the 10 saints could side with Seiros long ago.

Didn't the last Famitsu article say that the Greats fought Nemesis?

"The maximum value of the Stroll Gauge can be increased by your instructor level."

Makes sense, the more efficient you get at grading papers and building lesson plans, the more free time you get. Maybe even as much as some other professions!

Subtle, Fire Emblem. Subtle. ?
That axe look like the Devil Axe. I like it.

But they look cool. AND THERE IS FISHING !
... Why though ? What is the connection with war here ?

10 hours ago, The DanMan said:

So Gharnef, Ashnard, Izuka, and Nergal just don't exist now, huh?

Just pointing that out. They have an actual story behind them. Something that Garon and Sutr doesn't have.
Okay, except Gharnef and Izuka. But Ashnard and Nergal ? Fair game. Even Jedah is better than Garon and Sutr, he have actual motivations, as barebone as he is.

Note: Yeah, they look obviously evil. But that's not the problem I believe.

3 hours ago, Onestep said:

I'm going to be honest: I'm not happy. I've always had great respect for the Serene's Forest community, so seeing what I'm seeing from you guys right now...

To be frank, it disgusts me.

Just because a character wears a creepy skull mask and wields a villain, it doesn't make them a villain. Maybe he does charity work on Saturday. Probably he bathes in the blood of the innocent. Either way, we can't judge him for his lifestyle choices. As for the other fellow, who looks like a cross between an Inquisitor and Jack of Blades, he's probably a thoroughly decent person, despite his glowing eyes, flame motif and 6 foot-long helmet dyed blood red. We need to bring this community back to where it was, and accept that just because a character is probably a literal spawn of hell who indulges in occasional mass-murder and torment of others, they aren't a bad person.

I mean you're right and all, all FE players are in for mass-murder, we do war after all, but you are clearly biased yourself.
Maybe he just bathes in red painting. Or the blood of feminists. Or politicians.

Or heck, maybe it's tomato juice and he is just vegetarian and doesn't want to waste food.

(If he have the New, Jack. Of Blade ! voice, I'll be rolling on the floor dying of pleasure and laughter.)

Edited by B.Leu

9 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Didn't the last Famitsu article say that the Greats fought Nemesis?

It mention Seiros fighting against Nemesis nothing about them joining her just that they fought in the war from where I'm looking again its possible maybe the Saints might get mention in the story section on what they're about.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

2 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Please don't reduce those villains to "extremely bad evil guys". They're leagues better than Validar and the Fates crew, as well as Surtr and so far the Hel team. Dark mages and a dragon king look inherently evil, yes, but come on, it's a horned skull helmet. There's zero room for subtlety or nuance there. Apparently he's some god of death, so if we're going around fighting the gods of Fodlan then I can see potential, but for a normal person that armour is ridiculous. 

(You also forgot about Jedah, who's pretty cartoonish).

They're not much better, especially Izuka, who's just evil for no reason at all.

4 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

This seems to allude to something that the leaker hinted at.

Hide contents

Namely the knight in red, who is called the "Flame Emperor", as we learned from VincentASM's article, and the leaker hinting at dealing with a certain "flame" early game.

Here's the text in case the links not working for others as well

Spoiler

Q: Intern-kun at the UK Nintendo Facebook page accidentally spoiled that in the game you have to take down the Church of Seiros (or “Serios” as he says). Not sure if this proves or disproves you.

A: Oh my! There are different factions of the church. Some are noble in their intentions while some are not. Think of the Begnion Senate but less... black and white? There’s a certain “flame” you have to deal with early in the game as well.

Leaks might actually be legit huh. I mean they are drawing some inspiration from fe4, but for there to be potentially more than the minor/major thing just wow. Flame Emperor and minor/major X. Wonder what's more to come.

I like how Flame Emperor's color scheme is red and black, he uses an axe,and sees himself an Emperor. AND has a grudge against church and its crest glorification.

I wonder if there is a MAIN CHARACTER with similar gimmick.....

5 minutes ago, User name said:

I like how Flame Emperor's color scheme is red and black, he uses an axe,and sees himself an Emperor. AND has a grudge against church and its crest glorification.

I wonder if there is a MAIN CHARACTER with similar gimmick.....

I could totally see the first phase of the story conclude with the death of the Flame Emperor, but it's bittersweet as this catalyses her doubt over the Church further, seeing herself in the Flame Emperor which makes the events our side of the school spring into action. I could totally see the first 12 chapters(1 for each month) ending with this battle, and depending on the chosen route, you maybe battle an Ice Emperor on Dimitri's route or a Thunder Emperor on Claude's route, which starts their stories?

The skull-faced knight has a really cool and intimidating design, though I'm not a fan of the flame emperor's design since it seems less intimidating and more "wacky/demon-ish" like how that piece attached to his head is stupidly long for seemingly no reason.

7 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I could totally see the first phase of the story conclude with the death of the Flame Emperor, but it's bittersweet as this catalyses her doubt over the Church further, seeing herself in the Flame Emperor which makes the events our side of the school spring into action. I could totally see the first 12 chapters(1 for each month) ending with this battle, and depending on the chosen route, you maybe battle an Ice Emperor on Dimitri's route or a Thunder Emperor on Claude's route, which starts their stories?

I can see something like this yeah, good old "you and i are not so diferent"

Bonus points if:LEAK SPOILERS

Spoiler

her canon armor promotion bears resemblance to Flame Emperor

I feel like with crests, we'll have 10 for the 10 heroes, 5 for the saints maybe (and I'm assuming they will be all Ardrestian units with them), one for Seiros and the 4 remaining ones, which are the damaged ones, may be enemy crests

Well...it seems like Mercedes' crest is one of the damaged crests as far as I can tell from the preview.

So maybe the families of those crests seized to exist or something like this. Since the church and the Adrestian Empire seem to have close connections and Mercedes was originally from Adrastea...well..maybe it has to do something with the damaged crests.

I have a hard time writing in English right this moment. So I hope it makes any sense.

12 minutes ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Well...it seems like Mercedes' crest is one of the damaged crests as far as I can tell from the preview.

So maybe the families of those crests seized to exist or something like this. Since the church and the Adrestian Empire seem to have close connections and Mercedes was originally from Adrastea...well..maybe it has to do something with the damaged crests.

I have a hard time writing in English right this moment. So I hope it makes any sense.

Don't worry, you're perfectly legible.

I've been trying to make out which crests are which, but it's way to low quality lol so I can't tell. Tho, it could be possible. They seem to be doing a lot that kinda crushes some theories (like giving Mercedes a crest despite her surname not correlating to a place on the map like every other person with a crest) so maybe Mercie does have a faded crest

Tho I am assuming this is Lysithea's crest since it's the last crest on the Leicester flag and also appears when magic is casted and Lysithea as we know is a magic user

crest-008-45x45.png 

Edited by Azz

So other than Mercie, I wonder who else has a damaged crest and how it affects them. Mercie doesn't seem to mind as she seems to like living as a commoner. But I wonder how the other 4 feel. This is assuming Mercie's crest is one of the damaged ones.

I'm really hoping we get more class reveals with the article too. Like peg knights and maybe some fem only classes to contrast brawler and dark mage

41 minutes ago, Azz said:

Don't worry, you're perfectly legible.

I've been trying to make out which crests are which, but it's way to low quality lol so I can't tell. Tho, it could be possible. They seem to be doing a lot that kinda crushes some theories (like giving Mercedes a crest despite her surname not correlating to a place on the map like every other person with a crest) so maybe Mercie does have a faded crest

Tho I am assuming this is Lysithea's crest since it's the last crest on the Leicester flag and also appears when magic is casted and Lysithea as we know is a magic user

crest-008-45x45.png 

Glad to know. Thanks. ?

I know but trying to match the quests is kinda fun. I am looking forward to the article to see if my suggestions were right. Although I am unsure of Bernadetta's crest.

If the faded out crests have some meaning, I think it might make sense if the family fell out of grace with the church or the empire or their lands were 'conquered'. 

Lysithea's crest is hard to see, but from what we already know it is to be expected to be that crest.

46 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

So other than Mercie, I wonder who else has a damaged crest and how it affects them. Mercie doesn't seem to mind as she seems to like living as a commoner. But I wonder how the other 4 feel. This is assuming Mercie's crest is one of the damaged ones.

Well, I think the friendship with Annette helped her. I just hope we get some kind of backstory. Now that they mentioned a little, I am expecting that they will explore the characters backgrounds.

39 minutes ago, Azz said:

I'm really hoping we get more class reveals with the article too. Like peg knights and maybe some fem only classes to contrast brawler and dark mage

I would expect that. Pegasus knights might probably be female only again. But other than that I am with you.

People have been seriously damaged by Fates lol. Every single fire emblem villain was either an ugly as sin dark wizard or some Sauron-cosplaying warlord clad in a clearly evil-looking armor. We literally know nothing but their design and people are jumping the guns because they look remotely like Garon & evil friends? It's like assuming that a female cavalier is going to be horribly written because Peri was a female cavalier.

That said, they seem distinctly like Darth Vader expies. I'll take a wild guess and say that the Flaming Emperor is going to be related to Edelgard because Emperor title + Adrastian color scheme + General Darth Vader tropes.

Edited by Flere210